Bolt 9.58

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bicnarok

Naija boy
True it was unbelievably impressive. that guy is from another world

Bicnarok
Just watched the 200 m quali round, he jogged near the end of the race again. Amazing

jaden101
Yeah it's amazing to watch. You kind of feel sorry for everyone else.

I remember him in Manchester this year at the great north run where they do small sprints in a sealed off street...1 of them was 150m and it said he done the last 100m in 8.98 seconds because of the flying start.

Scientists say the absolute limit in the near future is about 9.51...Bolt says he feels he can go to 9.4...On the basis of his improvement and the fact that he's still recovering from a post olympics injury i'd say he's going to win that bet.

Bicnarok

T.M
WOW..

19.19 in the 200m that is insane.

This guy is a superstar... and he is tired.

Trackz
I still think Gay is wit hhim, I dunno I rewatched that race so many times, I think tyson gay is someone who can beat bolt he just needs to get up to his speed faster, bolt isn't faster than gay I think he's just more powerful

forumcrew
Originally posted by Trackz
I still think Gay is wit hhim, I dunno I rewatched that race so many times, I think tyson gay is someone who can beat bolt he just needs to get up to his speed faster, bolt isn't faster than gay I think he's just more powerful

um call it what you want, Bolt gets from the start to the finish first which makes him faster.

SpadeKing
I wonder what Bolt would run if he actually went all the way through with one race instead of slowing down a few strides before finishing.

Bicnarok

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by SpadeKing
I wonder what Bolt would run if he actually went all the way through with one race instead of slowing down a few strides before finishing.

possibly 8 maybe even 9 seconds flat

Smasandian
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
possibly 8 maybe even 9 seconds flat

No way...not even close. He would never get 9 seconds, let alone 8. Impossible. You don`t shave off .50 seconds off your time by keeping pace until he is done.

Your crazy to think that.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Smasandian
No way...not even close. He would never get 9 seconds, let alone 8. Impossible. You don`t shave off .50 seconds off your time by keeping pace until he is done.

Actually NO... If you have really sat down and actually watched Bolt run, it is a well known fact that he fools around and toys with the other runners, so it is not conceivable that Bolt can quite possibly run 8 or 9 seconds flat...

jaden101

As I've also stated, his start is quite poor as well. If he improved that as well as giving everything until the finish then I think he might get to the low 9's...9.2 or 9.3

He also seems to be breaking the records by small amounts deliberately so in order to keep the hype and the glory (and therefor the earnings) high for as long as possible.

If he were to come out in 1 Olympics or world championships and give it 100% then he would destroy his record by a large margin but might never be able to beat it again. Doing it the way he has means he's now the 1st person in history to hold the double gold in the 100 and 200 at both the world championships and the Olympic games as well as breaking the respective world records.

SpadeKing
He is usually neck and neck at start then all of the sudden about 10-20 meters ahead.

If he had a better start and ran all the way through he would have an amazing time.

jaden101
Originally posted by SpadeKing
He is usually neck and neck at start then all of the sudden about 10-20 meters ahead.

If he had a better start and ran all the way through he would have an amazing time.

Watch his olympic perfomances. He actually drops to about 4th or 5th in the 1st 10-20m of both the 100 and 200m due to his poor starts.

He's improved a great deal though and was a lot better in the 200m this week (but not the 100)

Smasandian
Actually NO... If you have really sat down and actually watched Bolt run, it is a well known fact that he fools around and toys with the other runners, so it is not conceivable that Bolt can quite possibly run 8 or 9 seconds flat...

Are you crazy?

8 seconds, yeah sure. I'll give you a million dollars if he can run 100M in 8 seconds.

A well known fact that he does that, but that doesn't add .50 seconds to the total. Since 1994, Bolt has taken the record down by .26. A incredible feat, but you really think he can go fast to take down another .58 seconds in the next couple of years.

Everybody was talking about how he let up in Beijing and thought he would take off about .10 seconds if he continued. Well, he did this summer, and he took .10 seconds. Unless your an expert on how he runs, I say he can take off another .10 seconds, maybe .15. Not .58.

But 8 seconds.....that's impossible.

BruceSkywalker
Are you crazy?

8 seconds, yeah sure. I'll give you a million dollars if he can run 100M in 8 seconds.

A well known fact that he does that, but that doesn't add .50 seconds to the total. Since 1994, Bolt has taken the record down by .26. A incredible feat, but you really think he can go fast to take down another .58 seconds in the next couple of years.

Everybody was talking about how he let up in Beijing and thought he would take off about .10 seconds if he continued. Well, he did this summer, and he took .10 seconds. Unless your an expert on how he runs, I say he can take off another .10 seconds, maybe .15. Not .58.

But 8 seconds.....that's impossible.

Actually no

Originally posted by jaden101
As I've also stated, his start is quite poor as well. If he improved that as well as giving everything until the finish then I think he might get to the low 9's...9.2 or 9.3

He also seems to be breaking the records by small amounts deliberately so in order to keep the hype and the glory (and therefor the earnings) high for as long as possible.

If he were to come out in 1 Olympics or world championships and give it 100% then he would destroy his record by a large margin but might never be able to beat it again. Doing it the way he has means he's now the 1st person in history to hold the double gold in the 100 and 200 at both the world championships and the Olympic games as well as breaking the respective world records.

good words Jaden

jaden101

He got a poor start in the 100 and he let off 15 metres from the end in the 200 and broke them both by over a 10th of a second. (he ended up about 15 metres ahead of the nearest rival in the 200.)

Smasandian
Actually no

good words Jaden

Why?

Please tell me and don't give me this shit that he toys with people. I want to know your opinion. Instead of saying no, give me something.

Does a poor start and letting up 15 meters before the finish line equal .50 seconds. No, it doesnt. It would probably equal, at most, .20 seconds.

In track and field, we talk .00 seconds of time. Not half a second. This isn't car racing, or some other sport. This highly trained, physical gifted people. They just don't run .50 seconds off a world record. At most, I say .15.

Looking at the video, he didn't let up like he did in Beijing, and his start, at most, was a tad slow. Does that equal .50, **** no. He lets up at around the 5M range, not 15M. I then looked at the Olympics and when he let up, it was more severe than then what happened in Berlin. But I guess to you guys, that equals .50, even though in Berlin it only equaled .11

This is crazy. For at least 20 years, sprinters have been going around 9.8 - 9.9. Even though Bolt is a freak of nature, he isn't the Flash. Also, scientists believe that a human body cannot go more than 9.51. Even more, Bolt said himself that he will only be able to get 9.4. That to me, is unbelievable but could potentially happen. 9 seconds flat, impossible. 8 seconds flat, your an idiot to think that.

jaden101
Time will tell how fast he can go. I think he can't afford to wait for Olympic and world championship events to keep breaking them though. He'll have another 2 Olympics at most before he gets passed his physical peak and his times start to suffer.

I think he may get the 200 to near 19 flat and the 100 into the 9.3's but that's as far as I think it can be pushed until some other complete freak comes along.

Is there really a need to start calling people idiots though?

Smasandian
I didn't call any person an idiot.

I said if you believe that Bolt can run the 100M in 8 seconds, I think your an idiot and rightfully so. Don't you think so?

Bolt running 9.3 is not an unreasonable expectation. I don't think he can do. I think 9.45 area is where he will finish but I wouldn't be surprised by 9.3.

9 seconds flat is impossible.

jaden101
I didn't call any person an idiot.

I said if you believe that Bolt can run the 100M in 8 seconds, I think your an idiot and rightfully so. Don't you think so?

Effectively the same thing.

Hmm...I think he might do a little better than 9.45...9.38 or 9.39 at a push. Likely will end up somewhere in between.

It'll still be a half second nigh on a half second faster than anyone else will or can manage for a good few years to come.

Smasandian
Originally posted by jaden101
Effectively the same thing.

Hmm...I think he might do a little better than 9.45...9.38 or 9.39 at a push. Likely will end up somewhere in between.

It'll still be a half second nigh on a half second faster than anyone else will or can manage for a good few years to come.

Well, if you think somebody can run 8 seconds at 100M, then you are an idiot. It's more of an statement of truth.

saphiree95
Bolt is to fast to be true

Bicnarok
Originally posted by saphiree95
Bolt is to fast to be true

obviously not, cause it is true.

saphiree95
Doesn't bolt now run a 9.18 sec

Trackz

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.