Rorona Zoro vs. Samurai Jack

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
Rorona Zoro (from One Piece) finds a bounty poster with Samurai Jack's face printed on it. Coincidentally he sees Jack walking into a village into a bar. Zoro follows him in there and tells him that he's coming with him. Jack refuses and Zoro threatens him with his sword. Jack unsheaths out his sword too and the battle begins.

Will Zoro collect his bounty or will he get owned by the samurai?

KingD19
sheaths out? Don't you mean unsheathes?

Anyway, Zoro wins.

King Kandy
Jack absolutely destroys him. Short list of things Jack did:

1. Survived being crushed by a 700 ton sumo.

2. Survived Earth re-entry unprotected.

3. Killed a room full of bounty hunters before a drop of water fell.

4. Reflects machine gun fire routinely.

5. Moved so fast an omniscient god couldn't perceive him.

6. Has cut through adamantium.

It goes on and on and on...

Nemesis X
Wait, when has Jack ever cut adamantium? That's Marvel's metal.

You're saying that he survived Earth re-entry unprotected. Unprotected, are you sure about that? Because I could've sworn that space suit he wore did protect him (sorta).

King Kandy
I don't remember if it was "adamantium" or just "adamantine" but it was what the ultra-robots were made out of. Regardless it's the same concept: an unbreakable high-tech metal.

I think the space suit burned up pretty quickly.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by King Kandy
I don't remember if it was "adamantium" or just "adamantine" but it was what the ultra-robots were made out of. Regardless it's the same concept: an unbreakable high-tech metal.

I think the space suit burned up pretty quickly.

Was it ever stated that the robots had unbreakable high-tech metal?

King Kandy
Um... in the episode?

Slaanesh
zoro..

KingD19
Didn't Jack need that robo arm, and to have the gods bless the sword again to cut them?

And Zoro has done things like lift entire buildings

Deflect Oz's punch with one hand

Most so fast he vanishes

He can keep up with Sanji in a race

He can dodge and block bullets with no problem

etc....

XanatosForever
Both of them are pretty beastly. I think this would be an epic battle for sure.

King Kandy
Originally posted by KingD19
Didn't Jack need that robo arm, and to have the gods bless the sword again to cut them?
Yes, but the god's blessings (actually I think it was the spirits of his ancestors, but not sure) never went away. His sword has retained that upgrade and can cut through whatever.

And Zoro has done things like lift entire buildings
Kudos to him, I can't think of anything comparable from Jack though he's fought and defeated people with that level of strength or greater.

Deflect Oz's punch with one hand
And Oz has done what?

Most so fast he vanishes
Jack does that all the time.

He can keep up with Sanji in a race
And Sanji has done what?

He can dodge and block bullets with no problem
Machine Gun fire? How about lasers? Jack can dodge and block all of these things. Blocking single or multiple bullets is nothing compared to having hundreds shot at you simultaneously.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Was it ever stated that the robots had unbreakable high-tech metal?
My mistake, I thought you were asking WHERE it was stated... yeah it's directly stated in the episode. His sword actually could cut it, but he didn't have enough strength, so he needed a robotic arm. Later on his sword was enhanced and could cleave through it like butter.

Jack can easily cut through Zoro's swords in this fight.

Nemesis X
Yes, but the god's blessings (actually I think it was the spirits of his ancestors, but not sure) never went away. His sword has retained that upgrade and can cut through whatever.

Kudos to him, I can't think of anything comparable from Jack though he's fought and defeated people with that level of strength or greater.

And Oz has done what?

Jack does that all the time.

Doesn't Zoro have the ability to cut through anything as well?

I don't think Jack has done anything to show he has super strength like Zoro's although Jack did one time carry a boulder on his back with ease.

I forgot who Oz is so I can't comment on that.

Yeah Jack and Zoro do look kinda equally fast.

Nemesis X
And Sanji has done what?

One time, Sanji took out seven or more men with just one sweep from his leg and kicked a person so far, the distance had to be longer than a football stadium.

KingD19
I know about the original enchantment, I meant the robo arm, and the 2nd enchantment where it looked like white fire was pouring off the thing.

Oz is a giant zombie made by Gecko Moria, he's as big and as strong as 2 full grown giants. Who are the physically strongest beings in One Piece beside super enhanced people, and Devil Fruit users.

Sanji is one of the physically fastest characters in One Piece, thanks to his uber strong legs, and his Black Leg/Diable Jambe style

And most of Zoro's special attacks are over as soon as they start.

All of Zoro's blades are special in the One Piece world, unbreakable, and with his strength, he can cut through anything.

And when Zoro picked up the building, he threw it.

Zoro also has more stamina/durability than Jack. He's survived losing 5 liters of blood, and was still fighting, he's been stabbed in the face, had buzzsaws in his chest, etc...

King Kandy
Oh yeah for strength Jack jumped like 500 feet with a multi-ton boulder strapped to his back. But Zoro probably has better strength feats.

It's great you telling me Sanji is fast but HOW FAST IS HE? Seriously you are giving me nothing quantifiable at all. I want to know what actual exhibitions of speed he's had, and I bet Jack can easily match them.

Same with Oz, you tell me he's as strong as two giants who are really strong... but I see zero in terms of actual strength feats. If all I hear is "they're really strong" there isn't much here to actually debate.

About enhancements, the "glowing fire" enhancement was a permanent upgrade to his sword... it was glowing because it had just been empowered by the ancestors... since then his sword has stayed in it's enhanced state. Later he cut through the eye of Chronos which was made with the fabric of space-time itself.

Jack pwns gods. This isn't really a fair match imo.

Endless Mike
I would go for Jack now. However since OP characters keep getting more powerups as the manga goes on, and OP is scheduled to run for around 500 more chapters, by the end of the manga Zoro will probably be able to rape Jack

XanatosForever
In which case Jack will need to pull of some mighty impressive stunts when his finale movie finally makes it to stores. big grin

NemeBro
Oz is gigantic. no expression

By virtue of size, blocking his punch is an amazing strength feat for Zoro.

That said, I give the win to Jack.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Samurai Jack.

The Red
I'm also remembering the episode of Samurai Jack where he battled the guy who had all the souls of the best fighters in the world throughout history if I'm not mistaken. Hundreds of warriors all at once coming at Jack. ****s them all up.

NemeBro
You're talking about Demongo.

King Kandy
Yeah she was tight. What's really impressive is if I recall the fight went for hours and Jack still wasn't tired.

Endless Mike
He was getting tired, basically he figured that he couldn't keep it up for much longer so he had to attack Demongo directly

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.