Link's Shovel Gauntlet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ScreamPaste
This thread is going to be a little bit different.

This is aLttP Link, running a gauntlet with only his shovel for a weapon. He still gets gear that's not weaponry, IE, pegasus boots, magic cape, titan's mit, lantern, ect.

For this thread, the titan's mits make aLttP Link comparitively strong to OoT Link with the golden gauntets, since they're essentially the same item with a sillier name, and the shovel is indestructable. It will never break, no matter what. It's made of pure justice.

Because Link has only one weapon, the same goes for each of his enemies in this gauntlet.

1. Cloud with his buster sword, in the boss-room of the third dungeon from ALttP.
2. Master chief with the plasma sword, in a mine, dug by Link's shovel.
3. Mario with his hammer, in Peach's castle courtyard from Mario 64.
4. Mortal Kratos with the blades of chaos in a massive colloseum with a dirt floor.
5. Ridley, with his epic tail, in his Chamber on planet Zebes.

Does Link clear with his epic shovel beastings?!

Nemesis X
Link gets owned by Chief and Kratos.

SuperLuigi
mortal kratos got owned by barbarians. link smashes his punk ass. i dont see how he gets past chiefs armor with a damn shovel though. he wont even beat cloud not with a shovel.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by SuperLuigi
mortal kratos got owned by barbarians. link smashes his punk ass. i dont see how he gets past chiefs armor with a damn shovel though. he wont even beat cloud not with a shovel.

Kratos got owned by barbarians while wielding the Blades of Chaos? O_o

Wei Phoenix

No he didn't, shush noob. He got the blades after Ares saved him from the barbarians.

SuperLuigi
nope but im letting you know how garbage a fighter kratos is. the blades wont help him out class link. one hit k.o.

Wei Phoenix
nope but im letting you know how garbage a fighter kratos is. the blades wont help him out class link. one hit k.o.

Translation: I'm trolling.

SuperLuigi
not really. kratos isnt a finesse fighter he is just a brute with god weapons. mortal kratos got handled by barbarians. giving him the blades, and other characters powers made kratos a force, not his own skills.

Wei Phoenix
not really. kratos isnt a finesse fighter he is just a brute with god weapons. mortal kratos got handled by barbarians. giving him the blades, and other characters powers made kratos a force, not his own skills.

The blades do not increase his skills or strength, they are only weapons. They do not have God killing powers or anything. Kratos before becoming Ares servant was very successful at war. He defeated many before his loss to the Barbarian King. Kratos is way more acrobatic than Link so I don't see how he lacks finesse.

Phanteros

Translation: Trolling

ScreamPaste
Doesn't look like trolling to me, he simply made a point, and stated his opinion. I think that's fair. You don't have to accept it, but don't immediately assume he's trolling, guys. erm

Burning thought
I cant see why Kratos is ever put down for what skills he has when hes a member of one of the most feared and perhaps skilled cultures/soldiers of the ancient world. The fact he survived as a Spartan is enough to know he can fight regardless of his actual shown feats which are varied.

SuperLuigi
i never said link was acrobatic. what has acrobatic skills has kratos even shown? when i said finesse i mean like a fighting style like the soul calibur characters have.

Phanteros
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Doesn't look like trolling to me, he simply made a point, and stated his opinion. I think that's fair. You don't have to accept it, but don't immediately assume he's trolling, guys. erm If he actually played god of war he would know Kratos was doing find before the barbarian attack.

SuperLuigi
Originally posted by Burning thought
I cant see why Kratos is ever put down for what skills he has when hes a member of one of the most feared and perhaps skilled cultures/soldiers of the ancient world. The fact he survived as a Spartan is enough to know he can fight regardless of his actual shown feats which are varied.

he survived because he is half god. he should have never been defeated in battle by barbarians. he is hercules' brother. herc battled with ares without pandoras box and held his own. but im assuming that kratos would equal hercules in strength which isnt the case.

MooCowofJustice
This thread is going to be a little bit different.

This is aLttP Link, running a gauntlet with only his shovel for a weapon. He still gets gear that's not weaponry, IE, pegasus boots, magic cape, titan's mit, lantern, ect.

For this thread, the titan's mits make aLttP Link comparitively strong to OoT Link with the golden gauntets, since they're essentially the same item with a sillier name, and the shovel is indestructable. It will never break, no matter what. It's made of pure justice.

Because Link has only one weapon, the same goes for each of his enemies in this gauntlet.

1. Cloud with his buster sword, in the boss-room of the third dungeon from ALttP.
2. Master chief with the plasma sword, in a mine, dug by Link's shovel.
3. Mario with his hammer, in Peach's castle courtyard from Mario 64.
4. Mortal Kratos with the blades of chaos in a massive colloseum with a dirt floor.
5. Ridley, with his epic tail, in his Chamber on planet Zebes.

Does Link clear with his epic shovel beastings?!

Yeahuzz

Phanteros
he survived because he is half god. he should have never been defeated in battle by barbarians. he is hercules' brother. herc battled with ares without pandoras box and held his own. but im assuming that kratos would equal hercules in strength which isnt the case. No because he was skilled tactician and leader. look up his bio.

Phanteros
regardless he's going to have problems with chief.

Burning thought
he survived because he is half god. he should have never been defeated in battle by barbarians. he is hercules' brother. herc battled with ares without pandoras box and held his own. but im assuming that kratos would equal hercules in strength which isnt the case.

Herc has not been seen in GOW yet so I dont know what your talking about, if your talking about Greek Myth then forget it, its not relevent here canonically in the forum or for hte game itself and is not a useful baring for Kratos. Furthermore being half God is not much to do with it at all, as half God hes not had any better feats than his great resilence and strength.

MooCowofJustice
Shin, which boss room was the third? I remember doing the Desert dungeon at second and third at one point.

SuperLuigi
tactician and leader means he can lead a planned attack w/ his army, doesnt mean he is skilled in fighting.

ScreamPaste
Skilled tactician =/= incredible fighter. Even if Kratos isn't the most skilled, he makes up for it. /shrug

As for Chief, I don't think his armour will be too much of an issue. It's best feat if I remember right, is falling from really high at terminal velocity, and this caused it to lock up.

Edit: Desert temple, Moo.

Burning thought
Gk did some math based around the suit falling from that height and came up with some fairly impressive numbers for its durability.

ScreamPaste
Fairly impressive, yes. A ton falling at terminal veolicty would be enough to pass through concrete floors.

But Link's got an indestructable shovel and is very strong. I think he could create enough force to damage the suit.

Edit: Can we find this math?

SuperLuigi
Originally posted by Burning thought
Herc has not been seen in GOW yet so I dont know what your talking about, if your talking about Greek Myth then forget it, its not relevent here canonically in the forum or for hte game itself and is not a useful baring for Kratos. Furthermore being half God is not much to do with it at all, as half God hes not had any better feats than his great resilence and strength.

when ever kratos finds out he is zeus's son that is when i got skeptical of him (which is why i compare him to herc) i could see if he was a normal human doing these things, but as a demigod his feats lose that amazing.

SuperLuigi
Fairly impressive, yes. A ton falling at terminal veolicty would be enough to pass through concrete floors.

But Link's got an indestructable shovel and is very strong. I think he could create enough force to damage the suit.

the shovel wouldnt have to damage the suit just the man on the inside. but chief would see the shovel coming at him in slow motion

Wei Phoenix
Doesn't look like trolling to me, he simply made a point, and stated his opinion. I think that's fair. You don't have to accept it, but don't immediately assume he's trolling, guys. erm

It's trolling if you have no evidence to back up such absurd claims, especially when there are so many feats that back up his skills.

A horrible fighter can't beat Ares
A horrible fighter can't beat someone who can go invisible
A horrible fighter can't react to lightning
A horrible fighter can't take down the sisters of fate or the numerous monsters he defeated.

In case anyone was wondering, his fight with the barbarians wasn't his first fight.

i never said link was acrobatic. what has acrobatic skills has kratos even shown? when i said finesse i mean like a fighting style like the soul calibur characters have.

Look at his fight with the Hydra, look at how he reacts to lightning.

Finesse=/=good fighter. Raphael is flashy as hell but he would still get stomped by Kratos. Kratos doesn't need some specific learned discipline to be seen as a good fighter.

Phanteros

Edit: Can we find this math? Chief is faster than Link and is a bullet timer.

SuperLuigi
the whole GoW is PIS. because if kratos was really a threat to ares why didnt ares freeze kratos in time and kill him like the barbarian. as a demigod the feats you listed shouldnt be hard for kratos.

here is my proof that mortal kratos isnt a skilled fighter, "as a demigod was kratos about to be killed by mortal barbarians?"

Wei Phoenix
the whole GoW is PIS. because if kratos was really a threat to ares why didnt ares freeze kratos in time and kill him like the barbarian. as a demigod the feats you listed shouldnt be hard for kratos.

The whole OOT Zelda is PIS. Because why didn't Ganondorf just kill Link when he was a child like he could've easily done? eek!

All of those feats still apply here so I don't see what's the problem. I believe Mortal Kratos means him without the God of War powers he had after he ascended the throne.

SuperLuigi
the problem started when nemX said that mortal kratos could stomp link. and i agree with PIS that is oot

Wei Phoenix
the problem started when nemX said that mortal kratos could stomp link. and i agree with PIS that is oot

Mortal Kratos is Demigod Kratos. God Kratos is when he became the God of War.

SuperLuigi
i know the difference. i havent been arguing against gow kratos.

Burning thought

SuperLuigi
using a shovel not sword though, also piercing and blunt force are different. so gk's statement doesnt really make sense

Phanteros
using a shovel not sword though, also piercing and blunt force are different. so gk's statement doesnt really make sense A Spade can both be a blunt object or a pierce weapon.

SuperLuigi
either way the statement is about a sword and link has a shovel.

Burning thought
using a shovel not sword though, also piercing and blunt force are different. so gk's statement doesnt really make sense

It was directed at Kains soul reaver but his point stands, if that much force is required it does not really matter what link is holding. Its too high for him to deal any damage.

ScreamPaste
Link could quite easily generate that much force with the titan's mits.

Edit: Can you quote the entire math? Or did he show his work?
I like math, lol.

Burning thought
I doubt it

he did not show it sad

ScreamPaste
I'll have to PM him, see if he still has any notes on it.

Sin_Volvagia
Master Chief kills Link. Giving him the beam sword is overkill.

ScreamPaste
Based on what?

Sin_Volvagia
Based on what?

Master Chief can see bullets in slow motion and can easily rip a human's arms off (he has enhanced strength and made an Elite's head cave-in with his fist). Giving him a beam sword would him more range and make it easier to slice through Link. If Link manages to block the beam sword, Chief can just take his other arm and uppercut his head off.

ScreamPaste
Link is much stronger than Chief, Chief's not uppercutting his head off either.

Also, a shovel is longer than a plasma sword, and aLttP Link has his armour, on top of this. With the pegasus boots he can out-run arrows, and Master Chief says he's lucky when he dodges a bullet, if I remember right.

SuperLuigi
chief sees bullets in slow motion scream. his armor deflects bullets he doesnt even need to dodge them

ScreamPaste
Seeing =/= dodging =P

Chief's said he was lucky to dodge a shot, I forget the exact context, and I'd ask Nemebro, but his comp ate a lightning bolt.

SuperLuigi
if its in slow motion he can move out the way. avoiding> dodging

ScreamPaste
Just because he can see that fast doesn't mean he can move that fast.

SuperLuigi
but you only gave link a shovel what the hell can he do with a shovel that a scarab cant do?

ScreamPaste
I gave Link an indestructable shovel, along with all of his non-weapon equipment.

IE, his armour, mits, boots, shield, cape, so-on.

The catch is he's only got the shovel for a weapon, and with Link's augmented strength behind it, the shovel can do a lot. It's basicly a pole-arm, and Link's very strong, much stronger than Chief.

SuperLuigi
but can link get enough force on his swing to actually damage the suit

ScreamPaste
I'm confident that if a fall at terminal velocity would lock the suit, Link can damage it.

MooCowofJustice
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
The whole OOT Zelda is PIS. Because why didn't Ganondorf just kill Link when he was a child like he could've easily done? eek!

All of those feats still apply here so I don't see what's the problem. I believe Mortal Kratos means him without the God of War powers he had after he ascended the throne.

Ganon didn't know Link existed until at least Link met Zelda. And after that he likely didn't know that Link was going to do anything. After he met Link face to face he assumed that Link was going to open the door to the Sacred Realm. He was right.

Phanteros
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Ganon didn't know Link existed until at least Link met Zelda. And after that he likely didn't know that Link was going to do anything. After he met Link face to face he assumed that Link was going to open the door to the Sacred Realm. He was right. Ganon was still the same Ganon in all the games. you think by now he could of seen a boy in green cap and linens was link.

MooCowofJustice
OoT was the first Zelda game chronologically.

I'm gonna go ahead and say Link clears this.

Wei Phoenix
Ganon didn't know Link existed until at least Link met Zelda. And after that he likely didn't know that Link was going to do anything. After he met Link face to face he assumed that Link was going to open the door to the Sacred Realm. He was right.

I really wish you didn't take the first part of that post seriously.

MooCowofJustice
You can wish in one hand, and crap in the other. See which gets filled first.

Phanteros
OoT was the first Zelda game chronologically.

I'm gonna go ahead and say Link clears this. He's not clearing this.

MooCowofJustice
Based on?

Phanteros
Based on? Mario and higher stops him. Kratos has greater combat speed. Not getting past Ridley who can tear through starships. Mario is even stronger than Link.

MooCowofJustice
Originally posted by Phanteros
Mario and higher stops him. Kratos has greater combat speed. Not getting past Ridley who can tear through starships. Mario is even stronger than Link.

How does that help any of them get past the speed of Link's Pegasus boots, or the invisibility and invincibility of Link's Magic Cape?

Or how will any of them get through Link's uber Armor and Shield?

HOW DO THEY TOP THE MANLINESS OF LINK'S PINK HAIR?!

Wei Phoenix
You can wish in one hand, and crap in the other. See which gets filled first.

laughing

I seriously never heard that before. A serious lol from here.

How about we see which one gets crammed in your face first? estahuh

Phanteros
How does that help any of them get past the speed of Link's Pegasus boots, or the invisibility and invincibility of Link's Magic Cape?

Or how will any of them get through Link's uber Armor and Shield?

HOW DO THEY TOP THE MANLINESS OF LINK'S PINK HAIR?!
running in a straight line isn't combat speed. Kratos and Mario dealt with invisible opponents before. Ridly is has too much durability for link to even handle.

MooCowofJustice
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
laughing

I seriously never heard that before. A serious lol from here.

How about we see which one gets crammed in your face first? estahuh

Watch all 6 Rocky movies. Well, actually you could probably skip 5. But definitely watch 6 and 1 - 4.

Not invincible and invisible enemies.

Samus can beat him. Link can beat him too.

ScreamPaste
Epic invisible shovel beastings.

Phanteros

Not invincible and invisible enemies.

Samus can beat him. Link can beat him too.

They did face those enemies.

Phanteros
Epic invisible shovel beastings. Sad he stops a Mario.

ScreamPaste
Mario will be an epic battle imho.

Shovel vs Hammer.

Classic clash of the tools.

Phanteros
Mario will be an epic battle imho.

Shovel vs Hammer.

Classic clash of the tools. Indeed.

ScreamPaste
Does this mean we agree he makes it at-least that far?

Phanteros
Does this mean we agree he makes it at-least that far? Yes.

ScreamPaste
Link passes Mario. He uses the magic cape for invisibility, and ruins Peach's garden with his epic shovel. Mario's sleeping outside for a week following this.

MooCowofJustice
Link dumps Lantern oil on Mario and sets him on fire by striking a rock with the shovel, creating a spark that ignites the oil on Mario.

Sin_Volvagia
Link is much stronger than Chief, Chief's not uppercutting his head off either.

Also, a shovel is longer than a plasma sword, and aLttP Link has his armour, on top of this. With the pegasus boots he can out-run arrows, and Master Chief says he's lucky when he dodges a bullet, if I remember right.

The Titan's Mitt is debatable but that doesn't give protect his entire body. What gives you the idea that Master Chief can't uppercut his entire body? He has been giving a shield and special tunics for a reason and that's because he can get hurt.

Using his vision, he can see Link's strikes coming and counter with the Energy Sword (which can kill an Elite w/ a full-forcefield in one shot, though that's according to gameplay).

ScreamPaste
In the OP I listed the titan's mits as being equivelant to golden gauntlets because they're essentially the same item with a different name. This is mind, how's Chief countering?

Phanteros
In the OP I listed the titan's mits as being equivelant to golden gauntlets because they're essentially the same item with a different name. This is mind, how's Chief countering? By Plasma blitz.

ScreamPaste
Link's got range and power on him with the shovel. |:

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.