Question about Lex in superman 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules_2
Ok, Lex Luthor knew that Zod and his crew were like superman (from krypton) so why when he went to see them did he not bring kryptonite? You'd think he'd get some just incase they decided to reject his....offer, or decided to go against him and what he wanted.

-Pr-
Originally posted by steverules_2
Ok, Lex Luthor knew that Zod and his crew were like superman (from krypton) so why when he went to see them did he not bring kryptonite? You'd think he'd get some just incase they decided to reject his....offer, or decided to go against him and what he wanted.

he probably didn't think he could take three kryptonians by himself.

steverules_2
Originally posted by -Pr-
he probably didn't think he could take three kryptonians by himself.

With kryptonite...I'm sure he could

-Pr-
With kryptonite...I'm sure he could

he'd have had to get close to all three of them at the same time, and hope it was strong enough and quick enough to put them down. that's wishful thinking.

steverules_2
Well it depends how much he would bring with him, I mean he could made krytonite bullets, we know Lex is incredibly clever and could have easily thought up a way to use kryptonite to his advantage

-Pr-
Well it depends how much he would bring with him, I mean he could made krytonite bullets, we know Lex is incredibly clever and could have easily thought up a way to use kryptonite to his advantage

they could see the gun coming from a mile away. and i doubt lex wanted to take the chance that he'd be killed trying to take them down. he wouldn't try to put them down unless he was sure he could do it.

steverules_2
Yeah but he could have been killed by them there on the spot, he couldn't have known whether they'd accept and plus it's Lex, he'd rather be safe than sorry, with kryptonite I'm sure it woulda worked fine, he could have made a necklace or a ring...

Allankles
Superman operates under PIS when Kryptonite is used in the movies.

The 3 kryptonians would still have their heat vision even while they were being poisoned by kryptonite. Essentially because they're villains they'd probably fry Lex for trying to poison them, and then destroy the kryptonite with the same hv.

Of course there are more ways things could have gone wrong for Lex, like freezebreath or superspeed.

steverules_2
I dunno if Heat vision works when being poisoned by kryptonite

roughrider
The chunk of kryptonite he had was tossed away by Miss Teschmacher, not to be found. Lex went to jail, and when he escaped went immediately up north to find the Fortress Of Solitude. There wasn't time to get overseas to try to find another chunk of it, as the villains came & took over. He just gambled his knowledge would be a valuable bargaining chip.

Allankles
I dunno if Heat vision works when being poisoned by kryptonite

Kryptonite doesn't take away his powers, it poisons him. In the movies he operates under PIS when exposed to it. In the comics he has no problem fighting through kryptonite poisoning.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Allankles
Kryptonite doesn't take away his powers, it poisons him. In the movies he operates under PIS when exposed to it. In the comics he has no problem fighting through kryptonite poisoning.

Well we are talking about the movies here rather than the comics. In the movies powers go away when exposed to kryptonite, but plus it poisons at the same time.

Allankles
Well we are talking about the movies here rather than the comics. In the movies powers go away when exposed to kryptonite, but plus it poisons at the same time.

His powers don't go away, not even in the movies, it's just PIS. Case in point: Superman Returns lifting the kryptonite island.

jedi90
His powers don't go away, not even in the movies, it's just PIS. Case in point: Superman Returns lifting the kryptonite island.

in the movies and tv his powers go away hence him getting the shit kicked out of him in superman returns. supes lifting the island of kryptonite is a huge plot hole.

steverules_2

Wrong, if his powers hadn't gone explain how thugs and even lex were able to kick and beat the shit out of him...or explain why he wasn't able to fly away...his powers were gone

He was able to lift the krytonite island because first he made sure he recharged himself via the sun and then went deep underground so that he was able to put some normal ground between him and the kryptonite

roughrider

I think in the movies, we see his body's first reaction is to immediately move away from Kryptonite. On a psych level, he can't even think about accessing his powers, though I'm sure he could have them at weak levels. Red Sun radiation just cuts off his access to his powers; Green Kryptonite drives out the solar energy stored in his cells and replaces it with a cancerous-like disease fever. Only after a heavy sun bath in Superman Returns, do we see him make a heavy physical & psychological effort to fight through it.

Allankles
Originally posted by roughrider
I think in the movies, we see his body's first reaction is to immediately move away from Kryptonite. On a psych level, he can't even think about accessing his powers, though I'm sure he could have them at weak levels. Red Sun radiation just cuts off his access to his powers; Green Kryptonite drives out the solar energy stored in his cells and replaces it with a cancerous-like disease fever. Only after a heavy sun bath in Superman Returns, do we see him make a heavy physical & psychological effort to fight through it.

Again I think it's all PIS. Kryptonite is lethal to him, like a Vampire with sunlight, but does the vampire stop having his powers?

In the comics and in the movies his body is still durable (if his powers were taken way his body wouldn't be durable).

The movies are inconsistent for a variety of reasons. He recharged with the sun to get rid of the poisoning mostly.

In Smallville and the Donner movies he only needed to get away from the kryptonite he didn't need a recharge.

jedi90
Originally posted by roughrider

come on man, he had a shard of kryptonite in his side and he didn't take a sun dip, he just flew up into the sky no higher than he usually flies. it was a plot hole by a director who doesn't understand the character

Allankles
Wrong, if his powers hadn't gone explain how thugs and even lex were able to kick and beat the shit out of him...or explain why he wasn't able to fly away...his powers were gone

He wasn't able to fly away because in the movies he's a bit of a softy who can't seem to cope with the pain - PIS.

His body is still highly strong and durable after exposure to kryptonite, it's just that in the tv/movie adaptations he's not as tough mentally as he is in the comics - which, quite frankly is a bit lame and not as dramatic as directors like Singer believe.

Allankles
Originally posted by jedi90
in the movies and tv his powers go away hence him getting the shit kicked out of him in superman returns. supes lifting the island of kryptonite is a huge plot hole.

His powers don't go away. Directors just don't think outside the box, he could easily heatvision the kryptonite but they settle for the PIS.

Instead of giving him opponents worthy enough to give him a real fight, they settle for kryptonite and they make it this great hurdle Supes can't overcome, even when it's lying motionless on his chest - absolutely ridiculous.

jedi90
His powers don't go away. Directors just don't think outside the box, he could easily heatvision the kryptonite but they settle for the PIS.

Instead of giving him opponents worthy enough to give him a real fight, they settle for kryptonite and they make it this great hurdle Supes can't overcome, even when it's lying motionless on his chest - absolutely ridiculous.

i think you may be in denial here. unless supes really enjoys getting foot stomped and drug by his face his invulnerability was ....................................gone.

steverules_2
He wasn't able to fly away because in the movies he's a bit of a softy who can't seem to cope with the pain - PIS.

His body is still highly strong and durable after exposure to kryptonite, it's just that in the tv/movie adaptations he's not as tough mentally as he is in the comics - which, quite frankly is a bit lame and not as dramatic as directors like Singer believe.

Kryptonite does take away his powers, even in smallville his powers go away if he's exposed to kryptonite. I remember when he took a bullet for Lois after exposure to it and it nearly killed him until he got taken outside away from the krytonite.

In the movies if supes couldn't cope with the pain then he'd fly away so that he could be away from pain, but he couldn't fly away cause kryptonite took his powers away. If you were superman and getting the crap kicked outta you and you could fly away then you would, but superman wasn't given that option due to the circumstances.

Allankles
Kryptonite does take away his powers, even in smallville his powers go away if he's exposed to kryptonite. I remember when he took a bullet for Lois after exposure to it and it nearly killed him until he got taken outside away from the krytonite.

In the movies if supes couldn't cope with the pain then he'd fly away so that he could be away from pain, but he couldn't fly away cause kryptonite took his powers away. If you were superman and getting the crap kicked outta you and you could fly away then you would, but superman wasn't given that option due to the circumstances.

Excruciating pain can paralyze. Kryptonite causes near paralyzing pain, he's just not tough in the movies or tv.

Allankles
Originally posted by jedi90
i think you may be in denial here. unless supes really enjoys getting foot stomped and drug by his face his invulnerability was ....................................gone.

Of course his invulnerability was gone, he was getting poisoned to death. every forceful contact he receives is amplified because of the poison from the radiation.

And yes he could have fought the thugs, but he lacks the toughness of the comic book Supes.

SuperkatmanX
In order for Lex Luther to be successful with the Kryptonite he would have to have all 3 of em pretty much standing in the same area. What if one of the three went closer to talk while the other 2 stood back or was lookin around. And that one dropped to the ground hed get a car thrown at him, or cut in half by heat vision Maybe even speed blitzed. Why would he even want to hurt them, he needed them to kill Supes. His persuasive skills were enough to do his bidding.. DONE

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.