Martian Manhunter in an ABSORPTION Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tattoos N Scars
Martian Manhunter starts out with his normal abilites: High End Telepath, Shapeshifting, superstrength, martian vision, etc. Also, he is in possession of the Cytorrak gem, making him invulnerble to physical punishment, meaning he would have to be BFR'd to lose a fight...unless you feel he could be incompacitated in other ways.

In this gauntlet, MM is the one who absorbs all the powers of his opponents(none of the weaknesses), if victorious, before facing the next opponent.

How far will he get in this gauntlet? Bloodlust is on, and no one has prep. His fear of fire is not relevant in this gauntlet.

1. Nightcrawler/Pyro
2. Storm/Rogue
3. Magneto/Graviton
4. WWH/Black Bolt
5. Wonder Woman/Thor
5. Superman/Black Adam
6. X-Man/Despero/Charles Xavier
7. Silver Surfer/ H/P Doomsday/Flash
8. Thanos(Power Gem)
9. Odin/Zeus/Highfather/Darkseid
10. Galactus(normal)/Tyrant(FP)/Demogorge/Gog(Kingdom)

xJLxKing
Stops at 10. Might clear it.

D_Dude1210
Yeah, definitely stops at 10. Maybe 9. Too much power for 1-8 to even slow down.

xJLxKing
Yeah. Once he gets power from #1, he easily goes through 2-5. After that it gets tougher but nothing he can't handle. 9 is tough, but again too much power.

Slaanesh
stop at 9

darthgoober
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
Martian Manhunter starts out with his normal abilites: High End Telepath, Shapeshifting, superstrength, martian vision, etc. Also, he is in possession of the Cytorrak gem, making him invulnerble to physical punishment, meaning he would have to be BFR'd to lose a fight...unless you feel he could be incompacitated in other ways.

In this gauntlet, MM is the one who absorbs all the powers of his opponents(none of the weaknesses), if victorious, before facing the next opponent.

How far will he get in this gauntlet? Bloodlust is on, and no one has prep. His fear of fire is not relevant in this gauntlet.

1. Nightcrawler/Pyro
2. Storm/Rogue
3. Magneto/Graviton
4. WWH/Black Bolt
5. Wonder Woman/Thor
5. Superman/Black Adam
6. X-Man/Despero/Charles Xavier
7. Silver Surfer/ H/P Doomsday/Flash
8. Thanos(Power Gem)
9. Odin/Zeus/Highfather/Darkseid
10. Galactus(normal)/Tyrant(FP)/Demogorge/Gog(Kingdom)
Stopped by BFR from Thor at 5.

Placidity
Probably clear.

His accumulation of durability would be insane, completely invulnerable in the true sense of the word.

Tattoos N Scars
Originally posted by darthgoober
Stopped by BFR from Thor at 5.

That's cool...explain though, if you will. How could Thor BFR him, and what would stop MM from resisting it...or from doing the same to Thor?

darthgoober
That's cool...explain though, if you will. How could Thor BFR him, and what would stop MM from resisting it...or from doing the same to Thor?
He could open a portal and send him to another dimension like he did Juggs. No one on the list before Thor has the ability to traverse dimensions(at least, to my knowledge) so once he sends them they shouldn't be able to return.

Placidity
What if MM teleports to Thor and punches his head off before he can do anything?

batdude123
He could open a portal and send him to another dimension like he did Juggs. No one on the list before Thor has the ability to traverse dimensions(at least, to my knowledge) so once he sends them they shouldn't be able to return.

Magneto creates a wormhole.

D_Dude1210

I'd have to disagree here, goober. With the accumulated combat speed + teleportation that Thor has to face, coupled with MM's strength at this point, it is more likely that he will just 1-2 shot Thor long before Thor can do the dimensional banish thingie that he does.

The fact that no one in the list has the power to resist it OR to do the same to Thor.

However, Martion Manalgam still takes this via Teleport speedblitz uberpunch to the face.

Stops at 9 (5/10 of the time) or at 10 (10/10), tho.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor has faster than light reflexes, and has thrown Mjolnir and willed Mjolnir to spin/open portals around objects at speeds far, far beyond light.

I can see him winning through battle field removal.

If that doesn't work, they should technically stop at 7 if Thanos has full knowledge, and the access to all the power of the Power Gem.

darthgoober
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
I'd have to disagree here, goober. With the accumulated combat speed + teleportation that Thor has to face, coupled with MM's strength at this point, it is more likely that he will just 1-2 shot Thor long before Thor can do the dimensional banish thingie that he does.

The fact that no one in the list has the power to resist it OR to do the same to Thor.

However, Martion Manalgam still takes this via Teleport speedblitz uberpunch to the face.

Stops at 9 (5/10 of the time) or at 10 (10/10), tho.
Yeah but he's teamed with Wonder Woman. Even with MM's speed at that point, I just can't see him crossing the battlefield before she can cross her wrist and raise her Aegis shield to protect them. And Even if MM can break through the shield, I don't see him doing it before Thor whips up a portal(it only takes a second or so).

D_Dude1210
Yeah but he's teamed with Wonder Woman. Even with MM's speed at that point, I just can't see him crossing the battlefield before she can cross her wrist and raise her Aegis shield to protect them. And Even if MM can break through the shield, I don't see him doing it before Thor whips up a portal(it only takes a second or so).

Thing is, it isn't MM's speed that's the main problem, it's nightcrawler's teleportation added to MM's speed. Basically, I think he can easily port to the other side of the battlefield and smack Thor at the back of the head with an uber punch or a BB scream. Using the BFR tactic assumes that Thor know where MM's going to be porting to and manages to time it just perfectly. It is possible, but highly unlikely.

Sasaraixx
Thing is, it isn't MM's speed that's the main problem, it's nightcrawler's teleportation added to MM's speed. Basically, I think he can easily port to the other side of the battlefield and smack Thor at the back of the head with an uber punch or a BB scream. Using the BFR tactic assumes that Thor know where MM's going to be porting to and manages to time it just perfectly. It is possible, but highly unlikely.

True, but I wouldn't put money on him being able to teleport thru the Aegis effect. Maybe he can, but I just don't know . . .

5 is his only possible obstacle early on and that is only because of BFR. With WW giving Thor cover, I think he could do it. Unless she has knowledge of all the abilities he's absorbed, I don't she'd know to do that though . . . Also, I don't know how she could do it, but IF she could get the lasso around him that's game over too.

Barring those 2 finding a way to BFR him, he loses at 9 imo.

D_Dude1210
Even IF WW gets her Aegis shield up on time (w/c I doubt), a BFR attack vs. MM will be way to difficult to place due to NC's superfast (with NC's agility and MM's superspeed) teleportation from place to place. They'd have to get really lucky to do so. Also, can the Aegis shield handle a full power Black Bolt scream?

Placidity
WW can't do shit to MM, he will just run through her like nothing.

Strength and Durability of MM at 5...

Martian Manhunter + Juggernaut + Magneto Amping (+Electrotherapy anyone?) + World War Hulk + Blackbolt. MM won't even feel her punches.

Parmaniac
em.. if he gets past 8 he definately clears it

Sin I AM
i really dont see him beatng seven

nicamarvin
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor has faster than light reflexes and thats why he was gets punch to the face by bricks....!!! he wont las 1 second against this MM...

Placidity
Originally posted by Sin I AM

Why do you think this? Any particular weakness you see?

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Placidity
Why do you think this? Any particular weakness you see?

hm I think the problem what he sees in there is that HP Doomsday was never shown to get physical damage, I'm not saying he can't get hurt physicly just thinking he's reffering to this in a way

Placidity
Yea well after absorbing Thor's powers, he can do that BFR crap they were talking about before.

batdude123
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor has faster than light reflexes, and has thrown Mjolnir and willed Mjolnir to spin/open portals around objects at speeds far, far beyond light.

Good... Lord....

Philosophía
Originally posted by batdude123
Good... Lord....

It's the first time you've seen him say that ?

KuRuPT Thanosi
the people saying he clears it... please explain how Thanos with the PG is put down?

batdude123

Parmaniac
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
the people saying he clears it... please explain how Thanos with the PG is put down?

thought the same, the only way is via BFR raises the question if Thanos is going to let that happen

Sasaraixx
Even IF WW gets her Aegis shield up on time (w/c I doubt), a BFR attack vs. MM will be way to difficult to place due to NC's superfast (with NC's agility and MM's superspeed) teleportation from place to place. They'd have to get really lucky to do so. Also, can the Aegis shield handle a full power Black Bolt scream?

The bracers were made from Zeus' Aegis Shield. That is the kind of power we're talking here. No energy/wave attacks MM has at that point are getting past that. The teleportation thing could work though. Again, I don't know. She's have time to cross them. The problem is if MM plays it smart and teleports himself such that he separates the two. She'd have to stay near Thor to protect them both. Or if he goes purely physical, then he can just KO her. It would take a lot for them to pull it off.

No one said anything about her doing anything to him physically. Read the posts. We only mentioned her putting up a shield to give Thor time to BFR him. That's it. Neither one of them can do anything to him at that point.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Parmaniac
thought the same, the only way is via BFR raises the question if Thanos is going to let that happen

how do you bfr somebody that can teleport?

Parmaniac
how do you bfr somebody that can teleport?

don't ask me man laughing like I said I thought the same wink

iceman24567
how do you bfr somebody that can teleport? Disable his teleportation device? Or Speed Force dump him he aint getting out of there unless he can go light speed now eek!

nicamarvin
Originally posted by iceman24567
Disable his teleportation device? Or Speed Force dump him he aint getting out of there unless he can go light speed now eek! facepalm

iceman24567
Originally posted by nicamarvin
facepalm Really face palming tactics that will actually work? NOICE eek!

nicamarvin
Really face palming tactics that will actually work? NOICE eek! facepalm

iceman24567
facepalm Oh so your just trolling laughing out loud

nicamarvin
Oh so your just trolling laughing out loud facepalm

iceman24567
facepalm Uh huh keep it up mr i don't know anything so i can't add to the debate thumb up

nicamarvin
YOU FANBOY....you will never learn...facepalm

iceman24567
YOU FANBOY....you will never learn...facepalm Right I'm a fanboy because you don't know anything about comics erm. You wanked Atum because he killed gods he was MADE to kill and I'm a fanboy? Hypocrisy at it's worst but continue to troll and flame instead of adding to the debate eek!

nicamarvin
FOR SURE...!!....you beat me, are you happy now...FANBOY...

KuRuPT Thanosi
Disable his teleportation device? Or Speed Force dump him he aint getting out of there unless he can go light speed now eek!

he doesnt need a device to teleport

iceman24567
he doesnt need a device to teleport Yeah because Eternals can teleport but he can't teleport out of the speedforce.

iceman24567
FOR SURE...!!....you beat me, are you happy now...FANBOY... Yeah yeah troll whatever ignored.

Badabing
Nicamarvin, one facepalm is enough to make a point. More than one and it's trolling. Please stop trolling and name calling. Thanks.

darthgoober
NC's teleportation doesn't work that way, he teleports at the same speed regardless of how fast he's moving. With the combined speed of Mags and MM, he could cross the battlefield faster flying than he could teleporting using Nightcrawler's powers.

Tattoos N Scars
Isn't it possible for MM to mindrape Diana and make her attack Thor? Also, with Magneto's powers..couldn't he rip the weapon out of Thor's hand...or use Graviton's powers to create a gravitational pull around Mjolnir to make it too heavy for Thor to lift?

r0nm0n88
Originally posted by Sin I AM

with flashes speed, and strength he will have at the time i see it. Remember wally is not superhumanly advanced in the strength department, but he hits with the force of a white dwarf star( or something like that). now imagine the flash with the strength of MM+WW+THOR+BA+SUPES+DOOMSDAY+SURFER+despero+, plus all those other guys. his punches will be enough to do damage. and flash has like unlimited stamina, and flash wouldnt be tagged by thanos.

And with added XMen powers and magnetos powers this will be harsh for thanos. i think thanos is really powerful(esp with his gem), but honestly he cant stand against the speed, strength, and durability of his opponent

D_Dude1210
NC's teleportation doesn't work that way, he teleports at the same speed regardless of how fast he's moving. With the combined speed of Mags and MM, he could cross the battlefield faster flying than he could teleporting using Nightcrawler's powers.

His teleporation has always been instantaneous. I'm not talking about adding in speed to the teleportation itself, but adding in their speed/reaction time in order to take the initiative before the other team can react.

iceman24567
Isn't it possible for MM to mindrape Diana and make her attack Thor? No she is highly resistant to mind attacks.

darthgoober
His teleporation has always been instantaneous. I'm not talking about adding in speed to the teleportation itself, but adding in their speed/reaction time in order to take the initiative before the other team can react.
Not really. I know for a fact that Wolverine, Magneto, and Selina Blaze have all reacted to him after he started teleporting, and I'm all but positive that there was a scan floating around recently that indicated a second or so gap between the smell of brimstone being registered at his destination and him actually getting there.

D_Dude1210
Not really. I know for a fact that Wolverine, Magneto, and Selina Blaze have all reacted to him after he started teleporting, and I'm all but positive that there was a scan floating around recently that indicated a second or so gap between the smell of brimstone being registered at his destination and him actually getting there.

Hm. I've seen NC do a multi-port blitz on targets, hitting them from all sides before they could even react. That won't be possible if there was ever a 1 second delay per port.

Original Smurph
Could H/P Doomsday be mindraped by the combined powers of him, X-Man, Prof X and Despero?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.