Godzilla and Cloverfield vs. The Autobots

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
Easily said.

Godzilla ('98):

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c166/Impediment/threadgod1.jpg

and the Cloverfield monster:

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c166/Impediment/thread2.jpg

versus

The Autobots from the first Transformers film:

Optimus Prime, Iron Hide, Ratchet, Jazz, and Bumblebee.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c166/Impediment/autobots.jpg

The creatures have their size, strength, bodily functions (breath spray), and, of course, their intimidation factor. Their sheer size being a plus.

The robots have alien technology and maneuverability. Their technology being a plus, but are significantly smaller.

Who takes it?

Darth Martin
I doubt they'll be able to put down Clover. I could see Prime soloing Godzilla though.

Impediment
Why not Clover?

Darth Martin
Because of his massive damage soak. B-52's weren't doing shit to him. Jazz will get ripped once again. Hell they all might get ripped. Where Godzilla didn't show good pain tolerance Clover delivered in spades.

Will Godzilla's firebreath even effect the Autobots?

dadudemon
Godzilla didn't have fire breath in the '98 film, though. At least, I don't remember it.

Darth Martin
I think he did.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Darth Martin
I think he did.

I think it was something like that....but....it wasn't breathing fire. It was expelling chemicals that catch fire outside of the mouth.

Sadako of Girth
Thats what Firebreathers (and flamethrowers) do, though, isnt it...?

Any that literally breathe fire are dead/rushed to hosptial with burned lungs.

Darth Martin
Originally posted by dadudemon
It was expelling chemicals that catch fire outside of the mouth. Breathing fire. no expression

Tattoos N Scars
I don't see the autobots winning either. The old cartoon versions could...but, not the movie versions. Transformers can be injured by the U.S. military...and Cloverfield could not. The transformers would not affect him in any way.

Not only that...but, the Autobots would have to fend off the parasites that fall from Cloverfield.

Darth Martin
If it was the best of the best Transformers like:

Prime, Megatron, Starscream, Blackout, Brawl, Ironhide, Devastatator, etc. they might win.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Thats what Firebreathers (and flamethrowers) do, though, isnt it...?

Any that literally breathe fire are dead/rushed to hosptial with burned lungs.

Not like Gojira, though. big grin

Gojira breathes fire out of his throat. He's boss like that. 313

The real godzilla can breath fire in space.

Tattoos N Scars
If it was the best of the best Transformers like:

Prime, Megatron, Starscream, Blackout, Brawl, Ironhide, Devastatator, etc. they might win.

I think you'd need the big dudes like Omega Supreme, Metroplex, Tryptacon, Fortress Maximus, etc..

dadudemon
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
I think you'd need the big dudes like Omega Supreme, Metroplex, Tryptacon, Fortress Maximus, etc..

Metroplex is waaaay too big. lol

And, none of those were in da film.

KingD19
I don't really see the autobots needing to defend against dog sized creatures whose only attack is to bite you.

Tattoos N Scars
Originally posted by KingD19
I don't really see the autobots needing to defend against dog sized creatures whose only attack is to bite you.

Yeah, but they can gang up on you....imagine 50 or more piling on top of one autobot. Even though they might not hurt them...they can be a nuisance...restricting their vision, among other things.

Robtard
A M.O.A.B. didn't drop the Cloverfield beast, the Autobots aren't dropping it.

Tattoos N Scars
Originally posted by Robtard
A M.O.A.B. didn't drop the Cloverfield beast, the Autobots aren't dropping it.

Megatron could probably stop it...that is, if he had his anti-matter canon like he did in the original cartoon.

BruceSkywalker
Godzilla/Cloverfield stomp

Placidity
Prime slices their legs off and then shoots them in the eye.

Robtard
Originally posted by Placidity
Prime slices their legs off and then shoots them in the eye.

Napalm strike did absolutely nothing to the CFM, so I think it has considerable heat resistance.

Also, not sure Prime's blade is that long to severe in one strike, if the blade were effective to begin with.

Ms.Marvel
i dont know if the autobots could take them both on. clover tanked every conventional weapon thrown at it including carpet bombs (the very thing that destroyed a couple decepticons), RPG and tank shots (someting else that destroyed deceticons) and jet fighter missile strikes all without getting a scratch...

First_Tsurugi06
Either monster could probably solo the movie autobots. Bu why do people seem so insistant on using Zilla? Not that I'm one of those big-time haters, just that it's been getting almost reundant. But if movie Zilla couldn't solo, the cartoon one could.

Also for the record, the bombing at the end did kill Clover, as was confirmed. Not to say that the Autobots are capable of dishing out anything as bad immediately.

Placidity
Napalm strike did absolutely nothing to the CFM, so I think it has considerable heat resistance.

Also, not sure Prime's blade is that long to severe in one strike, if the blade were effective to begin with.

A little wiki searching shows that...

Napalm burns at 1200 Deg C.

Now some speculation on my part, but I think it is well reasonable - Can we assume Cybertronian 'metals' are more resistant than say earthly Titanium?

Well, something like Titanium melts at 1600 Deg C. So assuming Cybertronians are more durable than Ti, it would probably mean Prime's energy axe was heated to temperatures much higher than 1600 Deg C (very little time for the blade to heat up the metal, so must be much hotter) for it to cleaning slice through a Decepticon quickly.

(I know 'durability' is does not necessarily correlate to melting points, but lets not be picky xD)

The other part about the napalm analogy is that there is no physical cutting force... The blade itself is sharp as well (think Wolverine), so its not solely depending on high heat.

Ms.Marvel
Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
Either monster could probably solo the movie autobots. Bu why do people seem so insistant on using Zilla? Not that I'm one of those big-time haters, just that it's been getting almost reundant. But if movie Zilla couldn't solo, the cartoon one could.

Also for the record, the bombing at the end did kill Clover, as was confirmed. Not to say that the Autobots are capable of dishing out anything as bad immediately.

the MOAB killed him. the carpet bomb didnt.

not really considering they can be one-shotted by weaponry that can barely total a tank.

First_Tsurugi06
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
the MOAB killed him. the carpet bomb didnt.

Not the same thing? I'll admit I'm not explosive-savvy, but whatever bomb that destroyed Manhattan at the end was confirmed by Abrams to have killed Clover.

Either way my point is that he's dead. Some seemed to think otherwise based on replies I've read in this thread.

Placidity

not really considering they can be one-shotted by weaponry that can barely total a tank.

Yea I found that pretty silly though. It was heavily implied that the Humans would stand NO chance against the Decepticons without the aid of the Autobots.

Also, in the first film, it was shown that only high heat munitions could damage the Cybertronians.

Ms.Marvel
Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
Not the same thing? I'll admit I'm not explosive-savvy, but whatever bomb that destroyed Manhattan at the end was confirmed by Abrams to have killed Clover.

Either way my point is that he's dead. Some seemed to think otherwise based on replies I've read in this thread.

the MOAB is the most powerful non-nuclear weapon in the entire US arsenal pretty much... if the MOAB had failed to kill Clover the US would have had no choice really but to use nukes which is a testimont to Clover's durability.

carpet bombing is the use of numerous but small bombs... usually around 1 thousand to 2 thousand pounds max. the moab is almost 30 thousand pounds... it is much much stronger.

yeah i know thats what they aiming for but bay ****ed up because what the movies actually showed us is that anti-armor rounds are more then enough to put any bot down. stick out tongue

first off that was only in reference to ammunition. second the full quote was high heat sabot rounds. a "high heat sabot round" is nothing more then a very dense anti-armor bullet made out of either tungsten or DU. its special in that the size of the round combined with the speed at which its traveling generates heat of about 3500 degrees fahrenheit upon impact which melts through the steel. its just a fancy way of saying armor piercing rounds.

Placidity

first off that was only in reference to ammunition. second the full quote was high heat sabot rounds. a "high heat sabot round" is nothing more then a very dense anti-armor bullet made out of either tungsten or DU. its special in that the size of the round combined with the speed at which its traveling generates heat of about 3500 degrees fahrenheit upon impact which melts through the steel. its just a fancy way of saying armor piercing rounds.

I have a slight problem with your description. Because, it would mean all tank Sabots are high heat by definition anyway, so why would he specify "high heat"?

But onto another point, 3500F is still hotter than napalm! Plus theres also tremendous kinetic energy behind the penetrator.

Robtard
M.O.A.B. did not kill it, as you can hear over the military radio "it's still alive."

Rogue Jedi
Godzilla would be a handful, add Clover to the mix? I dunno man, I think that the Bots might have too much to deal with here.

Placidity
^ Answering myself: Maybe Bay just wanted to sound all technical and shit.

But that would mean Cybertronian's durability is actually nothing special at all (besides regeneration), and I can't have that whistle

Ms.Marvel
I have a slight problem with your description. Because, it would mean all tank Sabots are high heat by definition anyway, so why would he specify "high heat"?

because the person in charge of writing used a figure of speech or wanted to sound smart? stick out tongue HEAT stands for high explosive anti-tank rounds... so its just a redundant figure of speech. heres some more info btw.

http://xbradtc.wordpress.com/2008/07/07/heat-rounds-and-sabots/

intrestingly enough... HEAT rounds arent very special and can be found in regular old rifles... @.@

this is true but ultimately it doesnt mean a whole lot because clover tanked the napalm effortlessly...

Placidity
because the person in charge of writing used a figure of speech or wanted to sound smart? stick out tongue HEAT stands for high explosive anti-tank rounds... so its just a redundant figure of speech. heres some more info btw.

http://xbradtc.wordpress.com/2008/07/07/heat-rounds-and-sabots/

intrestingly enough... HEAT rounds arent very special and can be found in regular old rifles... @.@

I think you're getting mixed up.

HEAT and Sabots are different rounds.

HEAT = Shaped Charge

Sabot = Kinetic Energy (Speed) Penetrator

So when Bay says "Heat" I pretty sure he is referring to "High temperature".

Robtard
^ Answering myself: Maybe Bay just wanted to sound all technical and shit.

But that would mean Cybertronian's durability is actually nothing special at all (besides regeneration), and I can't have that whistle

Correct, armour piercing depleted uranium rounds damage them severely. While they do jack and shit to the CFM, as I'm pretty sure there were Abrams tanks in the city firing on it.

Robtard
I think you're getting mixed up.

HEAT and Sabots are different rounds.

HEAT = Shaped Charge

Sabot = Kinetic Energy (Speed) Penetrator

So when Bay says "Heat" I pretty sure he is referring to "High temperature".

The depleted uranium spike round is a "high heat" round. It gets incredibly hot as it cuts through tank armour (or whatever) via friction.

I've watched a military channel special on the Abrams tanks.

Tattoos N Scars
The depleted uranium spike round is a "high heat" round. It gets incredibly hot as it cuts through tank armour (or whatever) via friction.

laughing

Yeah, I love watchin' that channel too. I was in the Army, but I still don't know everything behind the physical mechanics on how and why those weapons work.

Placidity

Uh Huh, I was saying:

Bay meant high temperature (heat), not the High Explosive Anti-Tank (HEAT).

Ms.Marvel
Uh Huh, I was saying:

Bay meant high temperature (heat), not the High Explosive Anti-Tank (HEAT).

how do you know that?

im pretty sure he said high heat sabot rounds no?

Robtard
how do you know that?

He probably doesn't know what he meant. But from what we do know, those depleted uranium rounds fit the bill best.

1) They're sabot rounds, ie they're fired through a larger bore via a disposal larger casing.

2) They are "high heat".

3) They're non-explosive as is. Those sabots that hurt the Transformers didn't really explode.

I rest my case your honor.

Placidity
how do you know that?

Well cause theres no such thing as a Shaped Charge Tank Sabot Round. Unless its a fictional weapon, in which case, it means Cybertonians require some uber weapon to down them - I would be happy with that big grin

Ms.Marvel
yeah there is. no expression

there are high heat sabot rounds... those actually exist.

Robtard
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
laughing

Yeah, I love watchin' that channel too. I was in the Army, but I still don't know everything behind the physical mechanics on how and why those weapons work.

Pretty simple, really.

-Depleted uranium is denser than tank armour.

-They're a long thin spike.

-They're fired at incredibly high velocity.

-After they penetrate, the heat gathered then ignites any and all combustibles inside the tank.

Placidity
yeah there is. no expression

there are high heat sabot rounds... those actually exist.

What do mean 'high heat'...?

Ms.Marvel
HEAT.

there are HEAT sabot rounds.

i dont even know why i keep saying "High heat". they were just suing regular old HEAT sabot rounds in the movie.

edit- i understand where the confusion comes from. theyre technically two different things as one is explosive while the other is not. im pretty sure that actually now they have been combined. ill check after work tomorrow. sleepy now.

gobstakid777
autobots would take it cause both clover and zilla got pwned by missles at the end,which the autobots have an abundance of

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by gobstakid777
autobots would take it cause both clover and zilla got pwned by missles at the end,which the autobots have an abundance of

CFM lived on.

Robtard
HEAT.

there are HEAT sabot rounds.

i dont even know why i keep saying "High heat". they were just suing regular old HEAT sabot rounds in the movie.

edit- i understand where the confusion comes from. theyre technically two different things as one is explosive while the other is not. im pretty sure that actually now they have been combined. ill check after work tomorrow. sleepy now.

The fire-power that finally ****ed up Scorpinok wasn't that explosive, it just punched/burned holes in him. IE similar to what the DU spike would do.

Placidity

Exactly what I've been saying. I don't think they've combined them (in real life), as it wouldn't make sense.

XanatosForever
G.I.N.O. does not have firebreath, it's more of a sonic boom style thing, and just to clear things up, Godzilla 2000 (aka classic 'zilla) doesn't have "fire" breath, either, it's a highly concentrated beam of atomic energy. If I recall correctly, that is. In any case, I can see the autobots dropping G.I.N.O., but they're definitely going to have their hands full with Cloverfield.

gobstakid777
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
CFM lived on.
not according to jj abrams

Placidity
Originally posted by gobstakid777
not according to jj abrams

What if he was trolling though?

gobstakid777
What if he was trolling though?
for some reason i find that highly unlikely wink

Placidity
Still, no one can deny what happened in the film - they said it was still alive...

gobstakid777
Still, no one can deny what happened in the film - they said it was still alive...
they didn't say dip.that was a rewinded tape.jus cause the tape played backwards says it's a live doesn't mean it's alive

Mr. Rhythmic
I think he did.

No he didn't. There is one scene where his roar sets off flammable materials to LOOK like he shoots fire, but he doesn't.

Anyways, GINO dies instantly, while Clover wins.

Impediment
Speaking as, more than likely, the only ex-military person here:

Sabot = Armor piercing.

H.E.A.T. (High Explosive Anti-Tank) = massive damage.

Ms.Marvel
if you say so big daddy. sad

Impediment
Big Daddy. 131

First_Tsurugi06

Developer's words coming afterwards are to be taken more for canon than what was shown in the film. As confirmed by JJ Abrams, Clover is dead.

Mandrag Ganon
Originally posted by Impediment
Easily said.

Godzilla ('98):

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c166/Impediment/threadgod1.jpg

and the Cloverfield monster:

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c166/Impediment/thread2.jpg

versus

The Autobots from the first Transformers film:

Optimus Prime, Iron Hide, Ratchet, Jazz, and Bumblebee.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c166/Impediment/autobots.jpg

The creatures have their size, strength, bodily functions (breath spray), and, of course, their intimidation factor. Their sheer size being a plus.

The robots have alien technology and maneuverability. Their technology being a plus, but are significantly smaller.

Who takes it?

'98 Godzilla? Yea, Bumblebee could solo him. Now, were it the Japanese Godzilla, Cloverfield could simply sit back and watch while Godzilla Atomic Breath'd the Autobots collective asses.

I can't say much about Cloverfield, though. I never saw that movie. The filming style annoys the hell out of me...

Nemesis X
The autobots may lose this. Zilla easily gets its scaly ass beaten for sure but Clover can actually solo these guys. The military fired everything they had at Clover and their last resort was a nuke and it actually killed it. Autobot weaponry isn't on nuke level so Clover wins hands down.

Darth Martin
The Autobots will lose this.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Nemesis X
The autobots may lose this. Zilla easily gets its scaly ass beaten for sure but Clover can actually solo these guys. The military fired everything they had at Clover and their last resort was a nuke and it actually killed it. Autobot weaponry isn't on nuke level so Clover wins hands down.

Yup.

gobstakid777
that does sound accurate,so i go with that
dance

Rogue Jedi
Clover crushes them like tin cans.

Davis Bloome
Clover alone would stomp them all. He took a M.O.A.B attack and was still alive afterwards, so there's no way they'll be able to do anything to hurt him. Godzilla, on the other hand, would probably end up getting killed.

Kaibs
I am going to go against the majority and say the Autobots win. If prime gets the upgrades like he had in the Fallen I think they especially take it. I think they dont win by much but they win. I think people are underestimating Primes blades. Granted we dont know that they can kill clover easily but we dont know that they cant either. We also gotta realize... they arent using Human weapons they're using cybertonian weapons and we dont know that Clover can withstand or not withstand cybertonian weapons.

Darth Martin
Only ones with alien weapons are Prime, Jazz, and Bumblebee.

And I got Clover taking this.

Nemesis X
Autobot weaponry is not as powerful as a nuke so they can't harm Clover.

gobstakid777
see here's the thing.godzilla dies either way,from either the autobots missiles,cloverse bites,or his parasite things,so he's screwed.now here in lies the problem.the autobots also have those sharp-ass blades on thier hands.their bombs won't do anything to clover, but they could just chop his ass down to size
i mean,look at that blade http://screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/transfomres-2-optimus-prime-sword.jpg
and clover's bites/parasites aren't gonna do anything against non organic metal robots
the fight can go either way

Kaibs
Autobot weaponry is not as powerful as a nuke so they can't harm Clover.

First of all in the movie they didnt drop a nuke. So that just has no sense. Second of all they're moves one by one might not b eas powerful as a nuke but I dont doubt them attacking can equal up to a nuke.

Placidity
Plus the damage from an explosive is very different to a super-heated and most likely super-sharp bladed energy weapon.

All we've seen so far is that Prime's blade can slice through Decepticons like butter. Could well be Cybertron's 'adamantium'?

Anyway, think of it this way, a bomb can't blow apart a Black box, but a weapons-grade laser could no problem. Point is, you can't compare different types of damage as if they were the same.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.