DC's geniuses vs Marvel's

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
each team has to outprep the other team. whatever they can invent.

DC:

Led by Silver Age Brainiac 5
Second in command: Ray Palmer
Captain Comet (Silver Age)
Batman
Will Magnus
The Chief
T.O. Morrow
Rip Hunter
Per Degaton
Lex Luthor
Dr. Sivana
Brainiac
Ted Kord

Marvel:

Led by Reed Richards
Second in command: The Leader
Tony Stark
Xavier
Forge
War Machine
Henry Pym
Beast
Bruce Banner
Dr. Doom
Black Panther
Magneto
Master of the World

Peterlane
Marvel stomps

Prep-Man
lol, ok.

Konton
DC is DOOMED.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Konton
DC is DOOMED.

What makes Doom more advanced or smarter than Brainiac or Comet? Who I think is a peer to even Richards.

Peterlane
Its funny how you give DC their best geniuses but you give Marvel a few of theirs and they still stomp. Why is War Machine there? There are tons of charcater's in Marvel smarter than him.

Konton
Originally posted by Prep-Man
What makes Doom more advanced or smarter than Brainiac or Comet? Who I think is a peer to even Richards.

I don't really think Marvel wins. I'm not completely ignorant.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Peterlane
Its funny how you give DC their best geniuses but you give Marvel a few of theirs and they still stomp. Why is War Machine there? There are tons of charcater's in Marvel smarter than him.

well give me some names and I'll swith them out. i also didn't give DC their best. so we can switch for both teams.

grimify
DC

Konton
well give me some names and I'll swith them out. i also didn't give DC their best. so we can switch for both teams.

Take Xavier for instance. Emma has always outclassed him in regards to making use out of prep and technology.

Maelstrom should be in there IMO.
Mr. Sinister too.

Prep-Man
Take Xavier for instance. Emma has always outclassed him in regards to making use out of prep and technology.

Mr. Sinister too.

i was thinking about putting Sinister in there, but I also don't want to use high end characters like Metron or HE or even Maelstrom.

thanos-prime
Thanos to

Peterlane

High Evolutionary instead of Magneto
Modok instead of War machine
Mr Sinister instead of Xavier

Peterlane

Mr. Sinister too.

No she hasn't, call me when she creates Cerebro or Cerebra.

Maelstrom should be there though

Peterlane
Dr. Kavita Rao created a cure for the X-Gen and Pooky evolved the Techno-Organic virus and is a genius with tech and biology.

iceman24567
DC stomps hard seriously wtf no expression

Prep-Man
Originally posted by iceman24567

i don't think dc would stomp this. reed and doom would cancel (not necessarily defeat) brainiac or comet.

Bouboumaster
Or simply add Thanos in to cancel/beat him

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Or simply add Thanos in to cancel/beat him

again, i don't want uber beings in this. aliens and people from earth are the types i want to use.

iceman24567
Rip Hunter is also godly because of his tech.

Prep-Man
Rip Hunter is also godly because of his tech.

hmm, don't know much about his tech. what can he do?

Nestical

no dc pole smoking there huh? youre an idiot if you really believe this. imo marvel will eek it out but it wouldnt be a stomp for either team

iceman24567
hmm, don't know much about his tech. what can he do? Read The Kingdom the shit he pulled out of his ass like being able to seal off a point in time by an undetectable shield slipping threw nano seconds with a switch of his watch.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Nestical
no dc pole smoking there huh? youre an idiot if you really believe this. imo marvel will eek it out but it wouldnt be a stomp for either team You still trolling me? eek!

Prep-Man
Read The Kingdom the shit he pulled out of his ass like being able to seal off a point in time by an undetectable shield slipping threw nano seconds with a switch of his watch.

haven't read that in quite sometime, but i'll take your word for it. sounds bad ass.

iceman24567
haven't read that in quite sometime, but i'll take your word for it. sounds bad ass. Trust me i couldn't make that shit up laughing

Nestical
You still trolling me? eek!

no, i would have to call anyone on their bullshat for saying that garbage. laughing only an idiot would believe that dumbshat. meh

iceman24567
no, i would have to call anyone on their bullshat for saying that garbage. laughing only an idiot would believe that dumbshat. meh Reported for trolling

Badabing
no dc pole smoking there huh? youre an idiot if you really believe this. imo marvel will eek it out but it wouldnt be a stomp for either team And you're warned next time you bash/troll someone.

Kherani
Stalemate.

tejpis
Anarky (DC) increased his intelligence ten-fold and created New God tech from scratch. Too bad he's not on the list!

Warlord
far from stomp for anyone....maybe DC barelly

Enyalus
Truth.

Marvel's weak links here are ridiculous, while Brainiac, Batman, Luthor and Sivana are pretty much the icons of prep if when you think DC. Not to mention solid additions like Hunter and Morrow.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Enyalus
Truth.

Marvel's weak links here are ridiculous, while Brainiac, Batman, Luthor and Sivana are pretty much the icons of prep if when you think DC. Not to mention solid additions like Hunter and Morrow. See this guy knows his brains eek!

Enyalus
See this guy knows his brains eek!
Except for leaving out the backslash mark between 'if' and 'when', yeah.

iceman24567
Except for leaving out the backslash mark between 'if' and 'when', yeah. This post wasn't needed smile

shokosugi
DC. barely. add Joker to the list and DC wins no doubt.

Enyalus
This post wasn't needed smile
Just wanted to berate myself for the lack of coherency. sad

iceman24567
Just wanted to berate myself for the lack of coherency. sad OH eek!

Allankles
There a lot of super geniuses that were left out on both sides. On the DC side guys like Anarky, Metron, Himon, Mr Terrific et al. There's a huge list of Super geniuses that would pawn any member in both teams that haven't been included.

iceman24567
The thread starter wanted to use earth based dudes

darthgoober
DC wins if only because there's no way would Doom work under Reed Richards and Ironman without trying to usurp their authority. With Marvel's best fighting amongst themselves, DC's victory would be all but guaranteed.

HueyFreeman
After that shit he pulled in the last few ff issues. I honestly think DOOM could outsmart anyone.

Enyalus
Originally posted by HueyFreeman
After that shit he pulled in the last few ff issues. I honestly think DOOM could outsmart anyone.
Millar's run has sucked except for that bit, yep. big grin

Prep-Man
Originally posted by darthgoober
DC wins if only because there's no way would Doom work under Reed Richards and Ironman without trying to usurp their authority. With Marvel's best fighting amongst themselves, DC's victory would be all but guaranteed.

you think sivana would work with Magnus or comet? same deal with DC. let's just say they would work together.

Original Smurph

Reed Richards
Tony Stark
Forge
Dr. Doom
Black Panther
Master of the World

These six alone could take the DC team... in my humble opinion.

Mindset
Originally posted by Original Smurph
These six alone could take the DC team... in my humble opinion. 5 people too many.

Dr. Doom
This is enough.

batdude123
These six alone could take the DC team... in my humble opinion.

baka

Original Smurph
Originally posted by batdude123
thorinn baka

Well... mostly Forge.

Prep-Man
brainiac could build anything forge could.

Mindset
Not really.

Don't argue with Smurph.

Prep-Man
yes, really. both comet and b5 were master inventors.

batdude123
He just did. What now?

Original Smurph
brainiac could build anything forge could. Forge can see the mechanical potential of anything. He builds things without knowing how they work, just in his subconcious. He can design faster than any of the others, and can instantly improve on any machine built by anybody else.

With Pym, Reed, Doom, Tony and Forge, they could make a time traveling Ultron that can instantly dismantle any threat at once, steal any power source, etc.

Forge is sort of an unparalleled force, since his mutant powers actually help here.

Survivor19
And do not forget the death legs!

Juntai
Forge can see the mechanical potential of anything. He builds things without knowing how they work, just in his subconcious. He can design faster than any of the others, and can instantly improve on any machine built by anybody else.

With Pym, Reed, Doom, Tony and Forge, they could make a time traveling Ultron that can instantly dismantle any threat at once, steal any power source, etc.

Forge is sort of an unparalleled force, since his mutant powers actually help here. As if something like that would be difficult for the other team either.

Also,
It's feasible team one could build the miracle machine. Given a few of them helped Superman build it, and Brainiac 5 has more intimate knowledge on it than probably anyone. And anything they needed, Rip could get instantly.

Add Batman.

Game over.
big grin

Juntai
Also, while the Marvel team has some fantastic inventors, this is also about the preparation itself, winning isn't just about having the bigger gun, but thinking ahead of the other team, contingencies etc, in which DC's minds have in spades, imo.

Prep-Man
Forge can see the mechanical potential of anything. He builds things without knowing how they work, just in his subconcious. He can design faster than any of the others, and can instantly improve on any machine built by anybody else.

Forge is sort of an unparalleled force, since his mutant powers actually help here.

Actually, old school Captain Comet (one of the first mutants in comics) had something similar.

Mindset
Originally posted by Juntai
Also, while the Marvel team has some fantastic inventors, this is also about the preparation itself, winning isn't just about having the bigger gun, but thinking ahead of the other team, contingencies etc, in which DC's minds have in spades, imo. Doom.

GG.

Juntai
Originally posted by Mindset
Doom.

GG. Yes, they have Doom. But even he can't make up the gap, even with your sarcastic wit.

Endless Mike
Either side has a fair chance here, actually

darthgoober
you think sivana would work with Magnus or comet? same deal with DC. let's just say they would work together.
In that case, a "Forge Improved" version of Doom's Particle Projector should nullify anything cooked up by Team DC unless they manage to build something like the Miracle Machine...

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/3802/comic14ik1.jpg

Prep-Man
In that case, a "Forge Improved" version of Doom's Particle Projector should nullify anything cooked up by Team DC unless they manage to build something like the Miracle Machine...

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/3802/comic14ik1.jpg

brainiac's fields are the toughest in comics. i wonder if comet could amp them up to block that.

Space M ummy
brainiac's fields are the toughest in comics. i wonder if comet could amp them up to block that.

really? Doom's fields took point blank shots from a watcher. Holding a cosmic cube.

They also took a shot from Pre-Retcon beyonder that knocked GALACTUS out cold.

Doom > All

Endless Mike
Um, you guys do realize that unless it's specified in the OP, any classic Beyonder feats now default to the retconned version, right? That's what retcon means

Prep-Man
brainiac's shields took hits from time trapper and pc bricks point blank. literally laughed it off.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Um, you guys do realize that unless it's specified in the OP, any classic Beyonder feats now default to the retconned version, right? That's what retcon means

who's talking about beyonder? If you're referring to my comment, The above example was just to demonstrate that doom's force fields have been proven to be more effective than Galactus', which is....well...it's ludicrous, actually.

The cosmic cube feat was just as bad, though he prepped for the attack beforehand- but still: cosmic cubes have limitless power levels. Those things can rewrite universes.

darthgoober
Anything like a force field would likely be nullified, so I doubt that increasing the strength/intensity of the field itself would be effective, If it were that simple they just would have called in Reed to amp a force field generator before Doom shut down anything other than nuclear weapons.

Plus team DC doesn't know about Doom's uber device during their prep, so they wouldn't know for sure that such precautions were necessary. I mean it's possible that the notion would cross one of their minds, but if we're going to speculate to that degree this thread's kinda pointless since we're considering things they've never shown the inclination to do before. Unless of course someone on team DC has actually countered something similar to the Particle Projector, if they have then it's a whole different story.

Prep-Man
Anything like a force field would likely be nullified, so I doubt that increasing the strength/intensity of the field itself would be effective, If it were that simple they just would have called in Reed to amp a force field generator before Doom shut down anything other than nuclear weapons.

Plus team DC doesn't know about Doom's uber device during their prep, so they wouldn't know for sure that such precautions were necessary. I mean it's possible that the notion would cross one of their minds, but if we're going to speculate to that degree this thread's kinda pointless since we're considering things they've never shown the inclination to do before. Unless of course someone on team DC has actually countered something similar to the Particle Projector, if they have then it's a whole different story.

TT also has the ability to nulify things. afterall, he did create pocket universes and whatnot. yet, b5's shields were able to hold him off for a bit, until he came up with some plans. i'll try and get some scans of brainiac's feats, but i want to leave out the Miracle Machine. that would be spite in favor of DC. although, b5 knows how to use one and understands the mechanics of it.

Original Smurph
Originally posted by Juntai
As if something like that would be difficult for the other team either.
I don't actually assume that they're going to make Ultron, I assume they could come up with something far more epic than anything I could conceive. Especially considering that took me all of five seconds to think up.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Mindset
Doom. ..has a time machine on his person at all times.

iceman24567
Originally posted by psycho gundam
..has a time machine on his person at all times. So does Rip Hunter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.