DC vs Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Peterlane
Which has the worst retcons?

IMO Retcon Punch is the stupidest thing ever, HoM was also pretty bad IMO.

Survivor19
Well, House of M did not retcon anything, so DC loses.

Enyalus
The Brothers being canon to both companies, then being retconned by both companies, were the best retcons ever, by far. Stupid, stupid idea.

At least DC gives some in-universe explanations for why things are being retconned, like the retcon punch. Marvel only uses the editors, a lot of times.

D_Dude1210
Beyonder retcon, worst... retcon... EVER.

Survivor19
True, that...

Bouboumaster
Marvel hands down with Spidey's.

Parmaniac
How bout Hulk? I don't know if he was really RETCONNED but the whole character was changed, in the beginning it was a classic Dr. Jackel & Mr. Hyde concept and then Marvel lead the whole concept adabsurdum by making the Hulk misunderstood, that he always wanted to be left alone.

WhoopeeDee
Originally posted by Enyalus
The Brothers being canon to both companies, then being retconned by both companies, were the best retcons ever, by far. Stupid, stupid idea.

At least DC gives some in-universe explanations for why things are being retconned, like the retcon punch. Marvel only uses the editors, a lot of times.

Yeah, the punch retcon was silly...but it did help connect some stories.

Badabing
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Beyonder retcon, worst... retcon... EVER. Agreed. That was all politics in Marvel. Still enjoy reading Secret Wars I & II.

xJLxKing
DC has better retcons. They explain it.

Peterlane
Originally posted by Badabing
Agreed. That was all politics in Marvel. Still enjoy reading Secret Wars I & II.

What was political about it? I don't get it sad

Philosophía
Superboy Prime retcon punching Jason back to life is the one that springs to mind. ermm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.