Darth Vader vs. Asajj Ventress

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Anakin4Ever
Now I know what you are going to say. "Vader is so much more powerful than Ventress!" Vader maybe more powerful, but Asajj is no pushover either. I think she may have a chance at beating him. George Lucas himself said that the original trilogy show "crippled half-man half-droids and young boys learning from old men."

That implies that Vader isn't as strong as a Jedi in his/her prime, and Asajj was able to kill a lot of Jedi. She is certainly more agile that Vader is, and she's very strong with the Force. So who would win?

1. Saber
2. Force
3. All Out

Slash_KMC
Vader is so much more powerful than Ventress!

truejedi
Vader is so much more powerful than Ventress!!

Wolverine2179
Vader is so much more powerful than Ventress!!

Seriously, vader IS more pwoerful than ventress, so what if she was more agile? Vader KNOWS her fighting style seeing that he has anakin battled her many times during the clone wars.

We have vader killing people more agile than him(roan shryne) and we have vader being a force beast in TFU(shaking a massive hut like a rocking ship in the ocean.)

ROFL stomp in the force fight.

Anakin4Ever
Asajj Ventress was able to take on Anakin Skywalker when he was almost a Jedi Knight. I'd say Vader is weaker than Anakin Skywalker.

Slash_KMC
Nah, Vader is more powerful than Ani.

Wolverine2179
Originally posted by Anakin4Ever
Asajj Ventress was able to take on Anakin Skywalker when he was almost a Jedi Knight. I'd say Vader is weaker than Anakin Skywalker. And substantiate as to why vader would be weaker.

And asaji didn't fight the same anakin that tooled her master that tooled her with a finger.

bayhunter12
vader stomps. he could just force choke her to death.

Ms.Marvel
easily wins the all out and force only battles due to being immeasurably more pwoerful in the force.

hes going to lose the saber fight at least 6-7/10.

*ApathyIsDeath*
Asajj Ventress was able to take on Anakin Skywalker when he was almost a Jedi Knight. I'd say Vader is weaker than Anakin Skywalker.

Proof?

Lord Lucien
Vader weaker than Anakin?

Where's my gun?

Ms.Marvel
maybe he meant like charisma wise. mmm

... or maybe his name "anakin4ever" reveals a lot about his personality. no expression

BruceSkywalker
Vader stomps

*ApathyIsDeath*
Now I know what you are going to say. "Vader is so much more powerful than Ventress!" Vader maybe more powerful, but Asajj is no pushover either. I think she may have a chance at beating him. George Lucas himself said that the original trilogy show "crippled half-man half-droids and young boys learning from old men."

That implies that Vader isn't as strong as a Jedi in his/her prime, and Asajj was able to kill a lot of Jedi. She is certainly more agile that Vader is, and she's very strong with the Force. So who would win?

1. Saber
2. Force
3. All Out

The point of starting VS threads is when you're not sure who will win.

Ms.Marvel
no it isnt. its to discuss who would win and why.

i can make a thread called assaj ventress vs. exar kun even though i personally feel that assaj would whoop kuns ass in sabers at least 8/10 times there are people who would disagree and thus we would have a discussion about it.

Wolverine2179
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
easily wins the all out and force only battles due to being immeasurably more pwoerful in the force.

hes going to lose the saber fight at least 6-7/10. And just why would he lose a saber fight? Galen marek a superior saber duelist to ventress couldn't even beat vader in sabers alone.

Anakin4Ever
maybe he meant like charisma wise. mmm

... or maybe his name "anakin4ever" reveals a lot about his personality. no expression

Hey, hey, hey...hey. Let me tell you something. George Lucas HEAVILY implied that Anakin was more powerful than Vader. He said that Anakin could have taken on Palpatine had he not sustained his injuries from Mustafar. It's on Wookiepedia.

"In the The Making of Star Wars Revenge of the Sith, George Lucas, the creator and ultimate authority regarding the Star Wars universe, responded to the question of whether Mace Windu brought a weak group of Jedi with him for the confrontation with Palpatine by replying that one would have to be either Windu or Yoda to compete with Palpatine, and that if Anakin had suffered none of his injuries, he could have beaten the Emperor."

Let me tell you that Wookiepedia is one of the most reliable sources for factual Star Wars information out there.

mattatom
Hey, hey, hey...hey. Let me tell you something. George Lucas HEAVILY implied that Anakin was more powerful than Vader. He said that Anakin could have taken on Palpatine had he not sustained his injuries from Mustafar. It's on Wookiepedia.

"In the The Making of Star Wars Revenge of the Sith, George Lucas, the creator and ultimate authority regarding the Star Wars universe, responded to the question of whether Mace Windu brought a weak group of Jedi with him for the confrontation with Palpatine by replying that one would have to be either Windu or Yoda to compete with Palpatine, and that if Anakin had suffered none of his injuries, he could have beaten the Emperor."

Let me tell you that Wookiepedia is one of the most reliable sources for factual Star Wars information out there. Yeah it is reliable. Especially since I'm an editor and I spend a few hours there a week.

Wolverine2179
Yeah and anakin and vader are the same person.

And anakin, as of ROTS is NOT more powerful than his later self in the force, he merely has a shit load of raw power and untapped potential.

Lord Lucien

Let me tell you that Wookiepedia is one of the most reliable sources for factual Star Wars information out there. He said Anakin would have become twice Palpatine had he not sustained his injuries. He said that had Anakin reached his full potential, he'd be Double-Sidious. The Anakin we see in ROtS is not a full-potential Anakin, not by a long shot.

Slash_KMC
Let me tell you that Wookiepedia is one of the most reliable sources for factual Star Wars information out there.

A lot of stuff there is made up to get more text.

mattatom
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
A lot of stuff there is made up to get more text.
Hey Slash, thats unfair some of the stuff i've contributed on there has come from the reliable site Supershadow.

Anakin4Ever
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
He said Anakin would have become twice Palpatine had he not sustained his injuries. He said that had Anakin reached his full potential, he'd be Double-Sidious. The Anakin we see in ROtS is not a full-potential Anakin, not by a long shot.

Hear me out. Are you saying that Obi-Wan Kenobi when he was 57 years old (at the time of A New Hope) is stronger than Kenobi at 38 (at the time of ROTS)? Because Vader beat Kenobi in A New Hope because he let him win. Darth Vader in ROTS was stronger than Obi-Wan Kenobi when he was 38 (Obi-Wan won by patience).

bayhunter12
obi wan won because anakin made a stupid decision to try and jump that far and land behind kenobi without getting cut to pieces.

Ms.Marvel
Originally posted by Wolverine2179
And just why would he lose a saber fight? Galen marek a superior saber duelist to ventress couldn't even beat vader in sabers alone.

galen marek isnt a superior duelist to ventress. nothing he has done points to that. the only thing that can be put in his favor is that he knows juyo which supposedly requires a mastery of many forms. but even that is suspect because he has never been stated to be a master of juyo anyway only a practitioner.

ventress has much more feats in her favor then galen does lightsaber wise. defeating both obiwan and kit fisto at the same time with ease, nearly killing anakin a few months before RotS, etc. are all much more impressive and display a much more potent dueling ability then anything galen has ever done with exclusively a lightsaber.

bayhunter12
agreed.

Lord Lucien
Hear me out. Are you saying that Obi-Wan Kenobi when he was 57 years old (at the time of A New Hope) is stronger than Kenobi at 38 (at the time of ROTS)? Because Vader beat Kenobi in A New Hope because he let him win. Darth Vader in ROTS was stronger than Obi-Wan Kenobi when he was 38 (Obi-Wan won by patience). The ANH fight is a piss-off in terms of canon; they look like shit, there should be a good reason, but that reason doesn't work if EU is allowed to have its own place.

What can be said about Ben Kenobi is that he did not spend the last 19 years keeping his lightsaber skills and Force-command up to date. He's older and weaker than he ever was. And certainly more than Vader.

The novel does make mention of them moving pretty frickin' fast though. And as no one in that match was using any Force techniques, we can breathe a sigh of relief that we're relieved from wondering why they would suck (1977 film making tech.). Ben Kenobi would lose to his RotS self, but ANH Vader, when EU canon is included, is much more powerful in the Force than his RotS self.

Wolverine2179
galen marek isnt a superior duelist to ventress. nothing he has done points to that. the only thing that can be put in his favor is that he knows juyo which supposedly requires a mastery of many forms. but even that is suspect because he has never been stated to be a master of juyo anyway only a practitioner.

ventress has much more feats in her favor then galen does lightsaber wise. defeating both obiwan and kit fisto at the same time with ease, nearly killing anakin a few months before RotS, etc. are all much more impressive and display a much more potent dueling ability then anything galen has ever done with exclusively a lightsaber. Nearly killing the anakin that tooled dooku, the same dooku that trashed ventress with his finger and beat her easily in a saber duel?

I recall obi wan and ventress in a draw several times during the clonewars.(at least in the 3d cartoon).

And i thought the stronger the force user the more potent his dueling capabilities are?

@Anakin4Ever.

Well think for a second, look at the duel setting in ANH, do you think they have enough space to start jumping around like they did in ROTS? No, the corridors are far too narrow.

And there was almost nothing in that corridor that allowed vader to use the force to pull and chuck at obi wan.

Ms.Marvel
Originally posted by Wolverine2179
Nearly killing the anakin that tooled dooku,

im sorry? what do you mean here?

first off he trashed her with his hand using the force... which doesnt have anything to do with lightsaber dueling. im not talking about the force vader is much stronger then ventress in the force i know.

the cartoon also shows ashouka defeating 3 magnagaurds and holding her own against greivous... all the bad guys in the show are retards.

no actually this isnt really true. it can give you an edge but only to an extent.

mattatom
Ofcourse they are this is a childrens show created to make money the baddies can't win., f/uck canon they say. F/UCK All Canon!

Wolverine2179
im sorry? what do you mean here? How is it possible she "nearlly" killed anakin when the same anakin tooled dooku in under a minute, the same dooku that constantly and comfortably beats assaji in a saber duel during sparing?

first off he trashed her with his hand using the force... which doesnt have anything to do with lightsaber dueling. im not talking about the force vader is much stronger then ventress in the force i know. See the above, and vader is no slouch in sabers, he fought 7 jedi alone(and still recovering from the incident from mustafar), slaughters 3 of them with a lightsaber incredibly easily. We also have vader wielding an unknown style to ventress and the RODV novel stated that his saber style is unpredictable.

Its like bane vs kasim, bane is a saber prodigy and the moment(as of POD) he fights an unfamiliar style, he loses the battle and he resorted to a force attack.

We also have vader knowing ventress tactics and strategy considering that he has fought her during the clone wars as anakin while she doesn't know anything about vader.

the cartoon also shows ashouka defeating 3 magnagaurds and holding her own against greivous... all the bad guys in the show are retards.. Lets forget the show, dooku was also an idiot that got caught by a bunch of thugs...

no actually this isnt really true. it can give you an edge but only to an extent. I concede.

Evilbigfoot
Good luck Ventress...

Darth _Sadow1
Vader would take her sabers like Yoda did XD

Tzeentch._
I miss Polaski.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.