How do you think the world will end?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BackinBlack
so whats it going to be, guys:
nuclear holocaust Mad Max style? a giant solar flare? asteriod attack? alien invasion?

Rogue Jedi
*lights fart*

Bye.

BackinBlack
this is how the world ends
not with a bang but a light fart

inimalist
http://www.livescience.com/technology/destroy_earth_mp-1.html

#2 is still my prime contender

von Neumann machines ftw

Symmetric Chaos
Depends on what you mean by world and what you mean by end.

There's a wonderful SciFi short story about the end of the world that ends by revealing to the reader that the end of the world means to the characters the end of the exclusivity of Earth as our home. The final line, paraphrased is: "So the world ended and the universe opened up."

But a classical "end of the world" scenario I'd have to pick something very sudden. If by human means it would have to be nuclear war, the sheer military force of various governments would halt anything else.

An asteroid might do it, if it happens relatively soon, let's say within 75 years or so.

On the optomistic side the end of the world might be a technological singularity that ends the world in the sense that we no longer need it, humanity matures technologically to the point that we are freed from dependence on the Earth. Or, perhaps more realistically, a technology that accelerates transhumanism so that we're no longer traditionally human. Thus wiping us out without harming anyone.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by inimalist

von Neumann machines ftw

Couldn't we just make anti-VNMs?

Shakyamunison
The Earth will burn up when the sun moves into the red giant stage of it's life. That will be about 3 billion years from now.

WhoopeeDee
All the fat people eat our food. We died of starvation.

inimalist
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Couldn't we just make anti-VNMs?

they would have to destroy VNMs faster than they could recreate themselves, and probably before some critical threshold of VNMs were created.

also, the anti-VNMs would require, hypothetically, resources from the Earth to create, potentially speeding up the process by which Earth is dismantled as new anti-VNMs must be created to stop the actual VNMs... and I just wrote a best selling sci-fi novel, or a really bad Dr. Who episode.

inimalist
Depends on what you mean by world and what you mean by end.

There's a wonderful SciFi short story about the end of the world that ends by revealing to the reader that the end of the world means to the characters the end of the exclusivity of Earth as our home. The final line, paraphrased is: "So the world ended and the universe opened up."

But a classical "end of the world" scenario I'd have to pick something very sudden. If by human means it would have to be nuclear war, the sheer military force of various governments would halt anything else.

An asteroid might do it, if it happens relatively soon, let's say within 75 years or so.

On the optomistic side the end of the world might be a technological singularity that ends the world in the sense that we no longer need it, humanity matures technologically to the point that we are freed from dependence on the Earth. Or, perhaps more realistically, a technology that accelerates transhumanism so that we're no longer traditionally human. Thus wiping us out without harming anyone.

I guess it depends if we are talking about a) the end of human civilization, b) the extinction of man, c) the end of all life on earth, or d) the destruction of the Earth itself.

I tend to think a virus outbreak is the most likely for a), and b) is, imho, impossible without also having c) or d) occur. c) could possibly be caused by nuclear war, but even then, my thoughts are that, unless wiping out all forms of exotic life were the expressed purpose of the nuclear conflict, cave dwellers, deep ocean dwellers and the like would remain. d) I don't feel humans have the technology for, with the exception of just ejecting the mass of the earth into space piece by piece.

Rogue Jedi
Well, if global warming renders the Earth uninhabitable in 100 years, and at the time we have colonies on the moon and have to live there, would that qualify as the world "ending?"

inimalist
I wouldn't call the extinction of man the end of the world...

gobstakid777
sun implosion in 5 billion years
overpopulation as at the forfront
nuclear holocaust doesn't seem likely
pollution/global warming is a maybe
manly natural disasters or outside factors for me

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by gobstakid777
manly natural disasters

durhulk

Rogue Jedi
So we are talking about the Earth like totally being obliterated? Like Alderran?

inimalist
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
So we are talking about the Earth like totally being obliterated? Like Alderran?

that is what I think of when I hear "end of the world"

though, there are many possibilities

Rogue Jedi
that is what I think of when I hear "end of the world"

though, there are many possibilities I don't think it'll happen.

inimalist
I don't think it'll happen.

it sort of has to, eventually, be it when our sun expands, or, failing that, when the universe itself exerts so much force in expanding that it rips apart the atomic bonds of all mater, or shrinks all the matter in the universe to the size of a singularity.

Human extinction is way more likely /shrug

Rogue Jedi
Prolly. We'll all be gone, moot point.

inimalist
word!

Rogue Jedi
I dont worry about things that might happen. I dont worry about cancer, I dont worry about getting hit by a bus or struck by lightning, I could care less about the odds of a terrorist attack, so yeah, the world ending is of no concern to me.

inimalist
its fun to think about, at least imho

even from the fiction that comes from it, post-apocalyptic worlds are neato.

or, have you seen any of the "after man" series?

Rogue Jedi
Never have seen it.

I do, however, wonder about what would happen in the event of nuclear war, especially since North Korea has gone postal.

§P0oONY
It's going to end in 2012, when the Mayan calander ends.

Rogue Jedi

§P0oONY
Riiiiiiiiiiight roll eyes (sarcastic) Wanna know my opinion on the Mayan calendar shit?

Two Mayans sitting around a campfire, hundreds of years ago, making the calendar, saying "**** it, I'm tired of making this damn calendar."
Oh no, It's solid evidence.... If the world doesn't end in 2012 I'd be very suprised...........................

jaden101

Rogue Jedi

Robtard

or, have you seen any of the "after man" series?

I catch it when I can.

Nemesis X

§P0oONY
What were you doing at 11:59 pm, December 31st, 1999?
Oh, I was in my Y2K shelter of course! I stayed in there for 8 years, when I came out everything was back to normal.

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Mayans just can't keep things to themselves can they?
No, they trully are an amazing people though, predicting the end of the world to the day, I mean.... wow.

Rogue Jedi

§P0oONY
I was sitting in a lawn chair in my backyard, beer in one hand, joint in the other. Oh.... I'm sorry.... You had to witness the horror of it... Are you over the shock and torment yet?

inimalist
Never have seen it.

its pretty good. Doesn't really address what happened to people, but really thought provoking. to, me at least, really inspires the imagination.

I do, however, wonder about what would happen in the event of nuclear war, especially since North Korea has gone postal.

absolute shit storm

http://www.cdi.org/blair/permissive-action-links.cfm

Originally posted by Robtard
I catch it when I can.

really cool, eh?

I think I want to travel to Pripyat at some point after seeing it in the series

Rogue Jedi

jaden101

von Neumann machines ftw

Stargate replicators FTW.

Nemesis X

jaden101

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Amazing people? Pfft. I find nothing amazing about a cult of people who make a living by doing nothing but pulling hearts out of people while they're still alive.

The end of the world in 2012 thing better be a Mayan joke. Jokes aside, they were actually quite an advanced race... They had a grasp on mathematics that many other civilisations could only dream of.

Originally posted by jaden101
I can picture you like Peter Griffin when Y2K happend and all the nukes went off.

"holy crap...did anybody else feel that?"
I love the ET bit in that episode, I crack up every time.

Ban Mido
The world will end if Tentacle Rape is banned that's for damn sure no expression.

even if it's by my own hands so help me God...

I..feed..on Tentacles of love ;D.

Guiding citizens into the portal and loving world of happiness.

Even if it doesn't appear that way....you know that's what's honestly happening. It's a mental.."evolution" if you will...one that even Arceus himself would be proud of...

Prince Nauj
Originally posted by BackinBlack
so whats it going to be, guys:
nuclear holocaust Mad Max style? a giant solar flare? asteriod attack? alien invasion?

when we nuke each other. enough said.

jinXed by JaNx
Humanity will end in either great heat or extreme cold. I think im the only person who doesn't think that humanity end by Nuclear war. I still believe people are basically good and care.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Ban Mido
The world will end if Tentacle Rape is banned that's for damn sure no expression.

even if it's by my own hands so help me God...

I..feed..on Tentacles of love ;D.

Guiding citizens into the portal and loving world of happiness.

Even if it doesn't appear that way....you know that's what's honestly happening. It's a mental.."evolution" if you will...one that even Arceus himself would be proud of...

The world is already ending if most anime fans are Tentacle Rape lovers.
Beat it Hentai boy.

Darth Jello
Near Earth Pulsar

Bicnarok

§P0oONY
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Humanity will end in either great heat or extreme cold. I think im the only person who doesn't think that humanity end by Nuclear war. I still believe people are basically good and care. I don't think that, I just think we're too scared to use them.... But it only takes one psycho with a big red button.

Humanity is unlikely to end in our lifetime though, so who cares?

RaiTei
i think humans give themselves way too much credt sometimes. we always talk about how we can't ever die and humans can overcome all odds. personally i think that's bull. the world can end in so many ways, not just human hands. asteriods have already plundered the world once (as we believe), whats stopping it from happening again? Bruce Willis? the sun could produce a solar flare (which it does at times) and whats stopping it from charring the world's ozone layer and atmosphere? there is nothing we can do against it. entire gallaxies can be swallowed by a blackhole...whats stopping that if it happens to ours?

i say we think about this the next time we want to talk about "human spirit". its lke Dr. Manhattan said:

Laurie: the entire human race would be eradicated
Manhattan: and the univese will not even notice

teamB_macro
we'll envelope the whole atmosphere with carbon until our lungs give out.. that is if we don't nuke each other first sad

WhoopeeDee
It would be cool if Chuthlu, Darth Vader, Lex Luthor, Mecha Godzilla, The Joker, and an army of zombies would conquer the world. Much better than a stupid Alien Invansion.

Sorry...I gotta have my geeky wet dreams every now and then. bag

S_D_J
Originally posted by WhoopeeDee
It would be cool if Chuthlu, Darth Vader, Lex Luthor, Mecha Godzilla, The Joker, and an army of zombies would conquer the world. Much better than a stupid Alien Invansion.

And then Galactus comes an eats it...

and I mean galactic dust cloud FF2:RoSF Galactus 131, and not the gay-ass purple-humanoide

http://comiccoverage.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/07/05/galactus.jpg
... not that dude

hey, you gotta have some Marvel every now an then embarrasment

inimalist
Originally posted by S_D_J
I mean galactic dust cloud FF2:RoSF Galactus 131, and not the gay-ass purple-humanoide

acquire malaria, please

cool

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by teamB_macro
we'll envelope the whole atmosphere with carbon until our lungs give out.. that is if we don't nuke each other first sad

We can just genetically engineer ourselves to breath carbon.

S_D_J
acquire malaria, please

cool

don't like controversy? 131

inimalist
don't like controversy? 131

don't like yo' face lol

or the FF movies, sick

EDIT: I'm honestly meh about the big purple clouds... I can't imagine it would be any less cheesy if they went with the classic G, just, you know, my childhood and it being torn down brick by brick with high budget, crappy hollywood films

S_D_J
EDIT: I'm honestly meh about the big purple clouds... I can't imagine it would be any less cheesy if they went with the classic G, just, you know, my childhood and it being torn down brick by brick with high budget, crappy hollywood films
I did enjoy the movie, but only because I thought SS looked cool

everything else can be stick up FOX's a$$... including pretty boy McMahon (whom I did like on Charmed embarrasment)

inimalist
I did enjoy the movie, but only because I thought SS looked cool

everything else can be stick up FOX's a$$... including pretty boy McMahon (whom I did like on Charmed embarrasment)

indeed, SS was the saving grace of that film

RaiTei
this world would end if Fantastic4 actually gets a third movie.
close thread.

Father Rahl
Asteroid crashes into texas, causing massive climate change... nothing but cockroaches and humans most akin to cockroaches, (like Bill 'Oreiley and Michael Moore) survive to repopulate the world, and wage war between the followers of Bill and the followers of Michael.

teamB_macro
We can just genetically engineer ourselves to breath carbon.

not a bad idea.

inimalist
lol, file it under: the most possible effort we could possibly expend to not do anything about global warming...

Stoic
Algae blooms present a problem for our continued existence, many scientists believe that this is what caused a, or the mass exinction event in the time of the dinosaurs. With the increased rad levels that we are experiencing these days I can actually see the possibility of a third of the earths water turning to blood, as told in the bible.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Stoic
Algae blooms present a problem for our continued existence, many scientists believe that this is what caused a, or the mass exinction event in the time of the dinosaurs.

Elaborate.

Originally posted by Stoic
With the increased rad levels that we are experiencing these days I can actually see the possibility of a third of the earths water turning to blood, as told in the bible.

I think it would be pretty easy to prove that irradiating water doesn't turn it into blood.

dadudemon
Elaborate.

No offense to Stoic, but it's utter B.S.

There'd be such large amounts of algae discovered in period related sediments that it would be something that could be proven fairly easily.

For instance, there appears to be a layer related to the Cretaceous-Tertiary extinction event (commonly called the K-T Event), in some places, that can be correlated to what they believe was that major meteorite event. (For those not familiar with what I'm referring, the meteorite responsible for the mass extinction event associated with the dinosaurs.) This sediment layer is known as the K-T Boundry.

Back to the algae:

It would be VERY easy to detect a massive growth in algae and even derive the species responsible for a mass growth in algae. On top of that, we would also find atmospheric residue from atmospheric compositional changes. (More 02 in the air and things similar.) We could also find climate differences in the climes affected by the growth outburst.

That's probably just a few of the changes that we could detect with modern geological techniques.

This is how you can tell when an extinction hypothesis smells of B.S.

And, I highly doubt "many scientists" believe that algae caused mass extinction for the K-T event. no expression It's probably one or two quacks.

I think it would be pretty easy to prove that irradiating water doesn't turn it into blood.

You're being too nice here.

olla86
I think the humanity will die out because of the global warming!

saphiree95
When the sun burns out

Darth Jello
If this topic is in relation to the end of life on Earth, if not from some sort of natural or cosmic disaster, the Earth will stop being able to sustain life once vulcanism stops in 2-3 billion years. In terms of when the Earth will stop existing as a planet... no one knows.

Even when the sun burns out, it'll swallow Mercury and Venus, but the gravitational shift from those two planets no longer being there will just push Earth's orbit to just past the red giant sun's corona. Earth will still exist as a lifeless body long after the sun collapses into a white dwarf. The earth will end after slowly being pulverized and worn down by interstellar collisions. Everyone I've talked to says that the collision between the milky way and andromeda will have little if any effect on the planet in any case.

teamB_macro
Is it time to pack up and set up tent somewhere else?

Darth Jello
Nah, we'll evolve to adapt, die out, or figure out how to warp space within the next 100-200 years or so anyway.

neander
What would be the world if no one means human is alive.The way I think the world will ends up if you mean by that..fighting with each other and boom or may be an alien attack will ends it ha ha ha...

Morgromir
depends , someone swats a fly in another universe/ or universal explosion/ or maybe some god getting overpissed at us all.

killmuuus
ends up in peace, i do believe that

AngryManatee
The kidney stone that is our universe will finally pass through Dique Grauber's urethra, and upon being exposed to his world's atmosphere, collapsing in on itself in such a destructive fashion, with an explosion equal to a weak fart in this greater universe where Dique resides, that we will cease to exist, and no one will give a shit. Especially Dique.

Stoic
Elaborate.

Listen, many prophetic tales that were written of in the Bible were written in a time that made it impossible for those that foresaw the end of man to clearly describe what they saw in dreams and visions.

Algae blooms as we know them are responsible for creating large amounts of sodium sulfide in our oceans, which was said to smell like rotting eggs. Scientists have also noted that life cannot exist in this contaminated water. It has also turned the oceans water blood red. Do you see the correlation? More sunlight (global warming) more algae.

The problem lies with us we will be the end of the world due to our love of money, and unwillingness to change.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
I'm just gonna go with what the Bible says.

no one challenge that please.

Sadako of Girth
LOL

Maybe whatever is left of Earth gets headbutted by a planet or star when Andromeda Galaxy hits us.

inimalist
Originally posted by dadudemon
There'd be such large amounts of algae discovered in period related sediments that it would be something that could be proven fairly easily.

does algae fossilize?

Robtard
Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome

no one challenge that please.

What does the bible say?

Robtard
does algae fossilize?

Under the right conditions it can.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome

no one challenge that please. You go girl thumb up

Jaeh.is.Awesome
What does the bible say?

It's in Revelation, Daniel, and a bunch of other passages. Haven't gotten it all down yet.

jinXed by JaNx

Sadako of Girth
Blaind faith arguably caused 9/11.

'Cause science promises no virgins in any afterlife.

And lets not confuse Humanity with continued existance of mankind.

There are plenty of people walking round with little or no humanity to them at all.

And all it takes to kill or hate for those people, is a few words in an old book, voices in their head or even if they just dont like the other guy's face..

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth

There are plenty of people walking round with little or no humanity to them at all.

And all it takes to kill or hate for those people, is a few words in an old book, voices in their head or even if they just dont like the other guy's face..

Science built the towers. Science built the planes. Science built the weapons they use to highjack the planes.

Just sayin'.

jinXed by JaNx

There is a good for every evil, my friend. wink

Morgromir
if Global warming ,kidney stones or war kills us all than a gamma ray will kick our a$$es

Tattoos N Scars
What does the bible say?

As far as the Earth actually ceasing to exist as a planet, the Bible says in Revelation, after Christ's Millennial reign on Earth....God will destroy the heavens and the Earth..and in turn create a new heaven and a new Earth.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
As far as the Earth actually ceasing to exist as a planet, the Bible says in Revelation, after Christ's Millennial reign on Earth....God will destroy the heavens and the Earth..and in turn create a new heaven and a new Earth.

Sounds ripped off from the Norse.

Or maybe the other way round.

Tattoos N Scars
Sounds ripped off from the Norse.

Or maybe the other way round.

It would be hard to tell. The Apostle John wrote the Book of Revelation...and there is nothing recorded about his life indicating that he knew anything about Norse mythology.

Sadako of Girth
Science built the towers. Science built the planes. Science built the weapons they use to highjack the planes.

Just sayin'.

Correct.

Now if religion hadn't gotten involved, they wouldnt have been exploited/destroyed. smile

I know that smacks a little of "Guns dont kill people, but people kill people", but it stands.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
There is a good for every evil, my friend. wink

So cause Hitler might have had a good singing voice or been a painter/artist, should we forgive him for the rest of his his actions?

I personally wouldn't.

A bad man can do terrible things.
A bad man can do some good things.

But to make an good man do terrible things, you need religion.

jinXed by JaNx
So cause Hitler might have had a good singing voice or been a painter/artist, should we forgive him for the rest of his his actions?

I personally wouldn't.

A bad man can do terrible things.
A bad man can do some good things.

laughing out loud I didn't say that Hitler should be forgiven. I didn't even say he should be judged. I was insinuating that there is definitely a balance...,for every hitler there is a Harrison Ford.

Sadako of Girth
Right. But it means still that I would be trying to wipe him out.

'Cause its better to have a world with Harrison Ford, (At least it WAS 'til Indy IV came out stick out tongue ) but no Hitler.

And since Harrison Ford is Jewish, he'd probably agree with that.

Throwing Yogurt
How do you think the world will end?

Sadako of Girth will finally laid, and God will punish his children accordingly.

Sadako of Girth
laughing out loud

You and your quaint little fairy tales.

We allllllllllllllllllllllll know that the any children I'd have like you, yours, and anyone you know ever, are "Created sinners" and are therefore condemnded anyway... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Robtard
It would be hard to tell. The Apostle John wrote the Book of Revelation...and there is nothing recorded about his life indicating that he knew anything about Norse mythology.

Plagiarist rarely go around stating that they plagiarized.

dadudemon
Correct.

Now if religion hadn't gotten involved, they wouldnt have been exploited/destroyed. smile

I know that smacks a little of "Guns dont kill people, but people kill people", but it stands.

laughing

Too damn true, dude. That's how it works. Science can do wonderful things but all it takes is a theist dumb ass to RUIN it for everyone! mad

Wow, this is awesome. Profiling this b*tch.

Tattoos N Scars
Plagiarist rarely go around stating that they plagiarized.

That is true. However, that isn't proof that he did plagiarize.

Like most cultures, pre-Columbian Native Americans had stories of a Great Deluge. It wouldn't be likely that they got these stories from reading Gilgamesh or reading Noah's account in Genesis. So, stories and events can be similar without being ripped off from another culture.

Robtard
Like most cultures, pre-Columbian Native Americans had stories of a Great Deluge. It wouldn't be likely that they got these stories from reading Gilgamesh or reading Noah's account in Genesis. So, stories and events can be similar without being ripped off from another culture.

This is true.

In regards to the Old Testament, there is good reason to believe the Jews borrowed from older surrounding cultures like the Egyptians and Assyrians. But that has nothing to do with this thread.

Tattoos N Scars
This is true.

In regards to the Old Testament, there is good reason to believe the Jews borrowed from older surrounding cultures like the Egyptians and Assyrians. But that has nothing to do with this thread.

Indeed, I've read many books and articles comparing the Bible's events with other similar events in Egypt and Mesopotamia. Was Noah's story taken from Gilgamesh, or other similar stories which preceded it? I can see the argument. Obviously, I believe Noah's story is original and I believe a worldwide flood did occur in the past. However, I can't prove that with real world evidence, so I will not attempt to do so. However, it is a fact that the Genesis account and Gilgamesh are rooted in the same geographical region. I will also state that there is evidence for vast local flooding in that area, from the Euphrates overflooding its banks.

The Hebrew people trace their origins to Ur, in modern day Iraq. The Hebrew people would experience the same localized flooding as the individual who wrote the epic of Gilgamesh. With that said, was Noah a ripoff of Gilgamesh? I wouldn't think so. It could be an account of the same story, not an attempt at plagiarism.

However, the problem with these Flood stories is that they occur in every culture around the world. Many of these cultures were isolated from other cultures with similar stories. So, how do you harmonize these occurences? It could be argued that these stories occured randomly, by chance. That is plausible, but not very likely. It could be argued that the flood events were all localized to that culture's area. That is even more plausible. However, most of those accounts were too devastating to be only "localized" events. Most of these stories imply a much larger area of devastation, than just a local river exceeding its banks. Also, like most cultures, these flood events were said to occur in an ancient time...and nothing like it has never been witnessed again. How do you harmonize that with every Deluge story, unless there was a worldwide flood? Not an easy question to answer. That is my only "proof" of a worldwide flood...however, it can not be proved by science.

Getting back to Noah vs Gilgamesh, I believe Noah's account was not plagiarized, but a witness to the same account as Gilgamesh. If that argument doesn't hold water, then I would argue that all cultures have a unique Deluge story. Why should the Hebrew account be any different?

Sadako of Girth
And stories get amplified as they were passed on/stolen/copied..

It was probably originally a raft with a sheep and a couple of chickens, saved during a local flood.

Then it ends up with 2 or every species of animals from all corners of the earth completing their journey to noah in like a day/week, or vice versa, and somehow all the animals never ate and ****ed each other to death. shifty

The fact that utter bollocks is copied around different cultures over time is not a guarantee that their is any truth there. smile

Morgromir
Who knows maybe The Norse were right ,Ragnarok comes , Gods fight, the Einherjar fight , everything dies .

I would really like to know whats first Christianity or the old norse, cause this copy from Wikipedia sounds like the Adam and eve story at the end .

"... the occurrence of various natural disasters, and the subsequent submersion of the world in water. Afterwards, the world resurfaces anew and fertile, the surviving gods meet, and the world is repopulated by two human survivors."

well one flaw i see is that No species can survive with only 2 ,the flaws would be the same in every generation, one disease comes up cough , cough, they all die
However if the gods are present they might be able to give some kind of protection . but still . and to me Baldr seems similiar Jesus in several ways .

Symmetric Chaos
The versions of the Norse stories that exist today are known to be strongly influenced by missionaries. Norse mythology was an oral tradition for most of its existence, only being codified after a lot of interaction with other cultures, and as a result tracking down unaltered versions is essentially impossible.

siriuswriter
nuclear war. buncha dead humans instantly, then buncha dead humans later.

both instant gratification and delayed gratification. smile

Tattoos N Scars
Originally posted by siriuswriter
nuclear war. buncha dead humans instantly, then buncha dead humans later.

both instant gratification and delayed gratification. smile

That is a possibility, but I don't see a major nuclear power initiating a First Strike. They know they would be getting it in return...so, it is a lose-lose situation.

The only real threat is a rogue terrorist organization setting off a nuke somewhere. However, as much damage as one nuke could do, they wouldn't have enough to start a full scale nuclear exchange. I think the only plausable way a full nuclear war could commence is if the Big Three(U.S., Russia, and China) started unloading on each other.

occultdestroyer
12/12/2012

SuperkatmanX

Bardock42
Originally posted by SuperkatmanX
dood if you're gonna preach 2012, you wanna get your facts straight first. Yes the mayan calander ends 21st December 2012, Yes we will see significant change in that time. But the world is not going to end, Life as we know it will, as we evolve in conciousness. For all those who dont believe or what not, just shut your mouths we have over just 3 years left. It should be a positive and exciting time for all.

But look, you understand why people are skeptic about those theories as there is little evidence for them, right?

Placidity
There will be a virus that turns humans into zombies.

Scythe
I think mankind will just die out, then the sun will explode, a very long time from now...

SuperkatmanX
Originally posted by Bardock42
But look, you understand why people are skeptic about those theories as there is little evidence for them, right?

There is PLENTY of evidence out there, you just have to make the simplest move as of to look.

Kris Blaze
Obama.

Bardock42
Originally posted by SuperkatmanX
There is PLENTY of evidence out there, you just have to make the simplest move as of to look. Oh sounds interesting, maybe you can give me a summary of some of the facts and then point me in the right direction?

I'd also like to know how you found out about the information.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Scythe
I think mankind will just die out, then the sun will explode, a very long time from now... Probably. By then the Earth will be nothing but a big ass rock with no life.

siriuswriter
That is a possibility, but I don't see a major nuclear power initiating a First Strike. They know they would be getting it in return...so, it is a lose-lose situation.

The only real threat is a rogue terrorist organization setting off a nuke somewhere. However, as much damage as one nuke could do, they wouldn't have enough to start a full scale nuclear exchange. I think the only plausable way a full nuclear war could commence is if the Big Three(U.S., Russia, and China) started unloading on each other.

if this were to happen, my theory would be that one of the big three would be testing something or other, and whatever is made by man cannot be perfect, i mean, the tiniest tiniest of ratios can still happen, so boom... autoalerts go off, and before a human can even unlock the system that unlocks the system that unlocks the door to the room where the callback failsafe button is, half of the world will be in range.

[yes, i've watched about every black and white movie about the 'red threat'}

Scythe
Probably. By then the Earth will be nothing but a big ass rock with no life.

That is the outcome.

Robtard
I'd think massive polution could be a factor. So we better start terraforming and colonizing other planets and/or moons. Get a fresh start on the garbage issue. Turn one planet into a dump and move on.

dadudemon
I'd think massive polution could be a factor. So we better start terraforming and colonizing other planets and/or moons. Get a fresh start on the garbage issue. Turn one planet into a dump and move on.

That could be a non-issue. We will be so heavily integrated with our technology and be living in virtual worlds that by the time we reach the point of being able to terraform and colonize other planets, organic human life will be approaching extinction duh to the uselessness of flesh.

We will, however start terraforming other planets into useful computing materials....turning everything into a giant super computer built to be part of the whole. (Think Coruscant, but instead of a city planet, it's a computer planet.)

Robtard
Originally posted by dadudemon
That could be a non-issue. We will be so heavily integrated with our technology and be living in virtual worlds that by the time we reach the point of being able to terraform and colonize other planets, organic human life will be approaching extinction duh to the uselessness of flesh.

We will, however start terraforming other planets into useful computing materials....turning everything into a giant super computer built to be part of the whole. (Think Coruscant, but instead of a city planet, it's a computer planet.)

I think changing a planet's atmosphere to suit human needs will come before making a planet into Unicron, tech-wise.

dadudemon
I think changing a planet's atmosphere to suit human needs will come before making a planet into Unicron, tech-wise.

K. You could be right.

I subscribe to Kurzweil's thoughts on it, which explains our difference in opinion. I pratically swing from that dude's nuts. He's what I would call a REAL prophet, lol.

Eon Blue
I don't think the world will end -- at least not for a good long while. If it does end, it will be because of ignorance and human intolerance that we so love to spread around like a disease.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.