Most Elite Special Military Team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

gobstakid777
who is the most elite,versatile, able-to-do-any-job,type team
includes espionage and guerilla warfare

Darth Martin
A few that come to mind.

Special Forces (Predator)
Colonial Marines (Aliens)
Navy SEALs (Tears of the Sun)
Spartans (300)
Samurai (The Last Samurai)
Ninja (The Last Samurai)
ARC Troopers (Clone Wars)

I didn't find the G.I. Joe team(besides Snake Eyes of course) all that impressive.

Rogue Jedi
Special Forces (Predator)
Colonial Marines (Aliens)
Navy SEALs (Tears of the Sun)
ARC Troopers (Clone Wars)

Kaibs
Give me the Rangers and Delta Force and i'm fine. (Black Hawk Down)

Darth Martin
Rangers weren't elite. They were inexperienced amateurs who fought militia which consisted of teenagers with AK-47's. They didn't suck but don't deserve to be placed in this thread IMO.

Delta Force seemed legit.

Kaibs
The Rangers were with the Delta force which makes them every bit as legit. The fact that you called Rangers inexperienced amateurs is just total insanity. They are the direct opposite. You have to also realize that they didnt just fightt teenagers, (Read more about the actual event).

Kaibs
And if you want to talk about people who dont belong in the thread. THen take the Ninjas out. Considering they got killed by the Samurai when they ambushed them, and Aubrey killed I think 5? of em by himself in a street intially unarmed.

Darth Martin
The Ninja are far more skilled than the Rangers in BHD were. I'm not putting down the men and women who lay there lives down for us. Not the ones in the film, at the actual event, or in general. But the Rangers in the film were not up to par with these other groups that were being mentioned above.

-"Colonel! They're shooting at us! ****, they're shooting at us!"
-Blackbird previously confessed he'd never shot at anyone before.
-Most of the Rangers had never been in a battle before. The only firing experience they had were in training and simulations.

Compare them to the teams above and.........

The Ninja in TLS were elite. The fact that they were killing Samurai in sword skills alone speaks volumes. They were far more impressive than the League of Shadow ninja portrayed in Batman Begins.

Kaibs
They ambushed the samurai when some were even unarmed and still lost. The fact that they killed some samurai does say they have skill. And of course they do. They're Ninjas. Ninjas were the ultimate assassins. However they arent to say they would be good in teh afore mentioned subjects. The Ninjas would be good for assassination and MAYBE defensive of a castle or osmething, but open war. Theyd get **** stomped. Now as for the Rangers in BHD. You're right most of them werent battle tested, however they still showed premium skill in later parts of the movie especially. Granted rangers will NEVER be on par with Delta force, they still showed enough imo to be put on that list. And I also say you cant really put any of them with swords on that list because if they're going against modern milita they're going to die unfortunately. However in a world where the sword is still used then hell yes they belong there.

Darth Martin
I simply listed an "Elite Special Military Team". Samurai were being killed while they were armed. Some of the Ninja were superior to somne of the Samurai. In a straight fight, more often than not, a Samurai will defeat a Ninja. That's just the way it goes. They were still elite.

Kaibs
Originally posted by gobstakid777
who is the most elite,versatile, able-to-do-any-job,type team
includes espionage and guerilla warfare

Yes you did... however he said the most elite, versatile able to do any job type team. I dont see nInas doing any job. Nor do I see Samurai doing any job lol. Unfortunately of course.

Darth Martin
Well in that sense I'd concede to your point. I took this as a respect thread for elite groups.

Did you find the G.I. Joe's elite as far as skill goes?

Kaibs
Man I saw that movie I loved the action, but I wasnt impressed. I thought of course like everyone else that Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow were ****in unbelievable. However Duke and all those guys werent that impressive. The tech guy knew his shit tho. So I think he was pretty skilled. Cobra was a joke though except for SS.

Darth Martin
Yea. Aside from Snake Eyes, I found none of the Joes that great. I was heavily turned off by the way Duke was sporting his uniform. With his shirt half tucked in and all.......

Kaibs
Yeah. They didnt get alot of the actual military things right. Those suits though were pretty damn impressive ill say that. And Hawk is one tough sombitch lol. But yeah.

Darth Martin
The suits, Baroness, Paris action sequence, and Snake Eyes, and maybe Storm Shadow were the only pros I had. Everything else was a con.

Kaibs
I am absolutely gaga over the Baroness. Shes so damn hot. My girlfriend got annoyed when I told her to dress like her and buy some glasses haha. I thought the suits were actually stupid in the movie. Since they werent even real in the GI joe world. THe Paris scenes though was amazing as a whole.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Rangers weren't elite. They were inexperienced amateurs who fought militia which consisted of teenagers with AK-47's. They didn't suck but don't deserve to be placed in this thread IMO.

Delta Force seemed legit. QFT, but there were adults too.

Placidity
Some not mentioned...

Ra's League of Assassins

Ethan Hunt's MIF

I want to say X-men or the Fantastic 4, but they are relatively uncoordinated compared to what they could accomplish with good discipline and teamwork. But then it might be hard to judge as they aren't fighting conventional warfare, but overall not what they could be.

Quincy
Doctor Manhattan

Rogue Jedi
Wolverines!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.