Nite Owl versus The Protector...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
Nite Owl sees The Protector running around town, kicking everyone's ass, and decides to confront him. He is unaware that The Protector is the good guy and all he wants is his elephants. Nite Owl tracks him down to a chinese restaraunt. The Protector thinks that Nite Owl has his elephants, and the fight is on. H2H combat, anything within reach may be used as a weapon. Nite Owl has no laser, and he is in his civvies.

gobstakid777
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Nite Owl sees The Protector running around town, kicking everyone's ass, and decides to confront him. He is unaware that The Protector is the good guy and all he wants is his elephants. Nite Owl tracks him down to a chinese restaraunt. The Protector thinks that Nite Owl has his elephants, and the fight is on. H2H combat, anything within reach may be used as a weapon. Nite Owl has no laser, and he is in his civvies.
i think i'll give to protector,although nite-owl as kickin serious ass

Darth Martin
The Protector's speed didn't impress me all that much. It was the brutality and power of his moves. Nite Owl has all that in spades. Plus a suit with a laser.

Rogue Jedi
Read the OP, Martin.

Darth Martin
Okay. Jaa definitely has a better chance now. Still not sure.

Mr. Rhythmic
The Protector eats him.

BruceSkywalker
Nite Owl gets a serious ass kicking

Rogue Jedi
How durable is NO's armor?

Darth Martin
I'd say it's more durable than Batman's.

Rogue Jedi
And can the Protector defeat him still, with such strong armor?

Darth Martin
I never said the Protector would defeat him. I think Dan might be the more skilled martial artist. We already know he's faster and more durable. Jaa is more agile and a better acrobat. The only thing that's up in the air for me is who hits harder.

I'd be inclined to say Nite Owl wins.

Rogue Jedi
I watched the Protector a few hours ago, Jaa would wipe the floor with Nite Owl.

Darth Martin
I watched some of Watchmen last night. I say the exact opposite. Jaa's speed was regular and nothing special. His punching/kicking power was good though. But Nite Owl's was better. He seemed to move even faster out of costume. I'd say he's more skilled as well.

Mr. Rhythmic
And can the Protector defeat him still, with such strong armor?

Face is open.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Darth Martin
I watched some of Watchmen last night. I say the exact opposite. Jaa's speed was regular and nothing special. His punching/kicking power was good though. But Nite Owl's was better. He seemed to move even faster out of costume. I'd say he's more skilled as well. Speed is questionable. Power? Dude, Jaa by a mile. Agility and stamina? Jaa by a green mile.

Darth Martin
1. Speed is not questionable. Dan pwns in that area.
2. I'm going to say Dan hits harder. Just watch his scene where he ****s the gang in the alley up.
3. Agility? Jaa has this. Stamina? I'll give this to Jaa as well.

KingD19
Didn't Jaa crack a dudes skull with his elbow? And are we using only feats from the Protector, or the other movie as well?

Darth Martin
Only feats from The Protector are allowed for this particular thread.

Dan kicked a guys shin in. He also broke a guys elbow outwardly from his arm. He's pretty uber. He kicks guys into walls and sends them flying.

dadudemon

Dan kicked a guys shin in. He also broke a guys elbow outwardly from his arm. He's pretty uber. He kicks guys into walls and sends them flying.

Yeah.

At first, I was like "Jaa."

Then I was like, "I forgot about night owl breaking bones n'stuff, like it ain't no thang."

Then I was like, "Jaa did the same thing except to many more men, at once, after he saw his dead elaphant."

Then I was like, "Jaa because Jaa wins in every other category."

So, there's my two cents.

Rogue Jedi

Dan kicked a guys shin in. He also broke a guys elbow outwardly from his arm. He's pretty uber. He kicks guys into walls and sends them flying. Jaa shatters a sink with his knee.

Darth Martin
I have no doubt Dan could do the same thing. After all, Rorschach slammed a guy head into a toilet that shattered with no difficulty at all.

Rogue Jedi
I have no doubt Dan could do the same thing. After all, Rorschach slammed a guy head into a toilet that shattered with no difficulty at all. Yea but he didn't, now did he?

Look at the beating Jaa takes here, he takes a knife to the side, THEN the number of guys he pwns, at least 40 of them:

gtGE8-T2ufc

Then he takes on the four juggernauts and wins, THEN kills the main baddie:

VPDc7bOK0_s&feature=related

Nite Owl doing this? Not. Not even close. Not to mention this fight scene:

yXIGP6_fNZk&feature=related

gobstakid777
Yea but he didn't, now did he?

Look at the beating Jaa takes here, he takes a knife to the side, THEN the number of guys he pwns, at least 40 of them:

gtGE8-T2ufc

Then he takes on the four juggernauts and wins, THEN kills the main baddie:

VPDc7bOK0_s&feature=related

Nite Owl doing this? Not. Not even close. Not to mention this fight scene:

yXIGP6_fNZk&feature=related

that's a bingo!!

Darth Martin
I've just rewatched the fight scenes of The Protector and Watchmen and my opinion stills stands. Nite Owl wins.

I will say I was in error when I said Dan was more skilled. I'm afraid Jaa is. Those different bone cracking holds that he can put you in from every position is incredible. But the fact still remains the Dan is faster and hits harder.

Rogue Jedi
Dude, every guy in the final fight scene ended up with a broken limb. Jaa did it in so many different ways I lost count.

And no, Dan doesn't hit harder. Even if he did, Jaa's skill supercedes that. However you slice it, Jaa pwns.

Darth Martin
Jaa certainly doesn't pwn. The way I see it he loses. Dan is much faster than anything we see Jaa doing. And yes, he does hit harder. Watch the scene in the alley again. He literally sends a guy flying into a wall with a kick. A punch outwardly broke a bone from the inside out of a Top Knot. He also busts a dude's shin inwards with a punch. He's uber.

Rogue Jedi
Jaa sends ****ers flying left and right in the Protector, and he breaks a porcelain sink with his knee, this certainly requires more effort than breaking a limb. Jaa did this after facing 20-30 men, BTW.

NO aint uber, not by a long shot.

Darth Martin
I just watched the fights in both films on both of my dvds. I only really Jaa launching someone in the scene where its a continuous shot. Two dudes come out of a room and there stoned. Jaa sends one a pretty good distance. Okay. Impressive. Jaa did nothing in the film that superceded the kick I'm referring to Dan doing. He sent a guy flying into a wall.

KingD19
Didn't Nite-Owl only do those things in his suit, which probably increased his strength. He's not in his suit for this fight, so any enhancement that the suit gave him is not valid. And yeah, Jaa walks all over the guy who probably has some Elephant paraphernalia at his home.

Also notice that Jaa is one shotting just about everyone he hits.

dadudemon
Originally posted by KingD19
Didn't Nite-Owl only do those things in his suit, which probably increased his strength. He's not in his suit for this fight, so any enhancement that the suit gave him is not valid. And yeah, Jaa walks all over the guy who probably has some Elephant paraphernalia at his home.

Owl did it in his steet clothes with SS. big grin

KingD19
I stand by my words, Jaa wins. BECAUSE HE FIGHTS FOR THE ELEPHANTS!!!!!

Darth Martin

1. Increase his strength? I wouldn't think so. It'd increase his durability if anything. Irrelevent, seeing how those feats I listed were when he was in street clothing as DDM pointed out above.
2. And Dan isn't oneshotting people? Watch the prison and alley fight scenes.

KingD19
Jaa shows more stamina/durability, since he fought much larger numbers of people than Dan did.

Darth Martin
I've already stated that above. But look at the quality of who Jaa fight. He fought one skilled opponent that was atleast equal to him in the film.

KingD19
And he won once he got his head in the game, Dan fought no one on his skill level, and one guy who was above him by leaps and bounds. And when Jaa fought Lateef Crowder/Eddy Gordo, their fight was very fast paced, and showcased enough of Jaa's speed that coupled with his strength and durability, he takes this.

FOR THE ELEPHANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darth Martin
I'd argue that the guy in the church was of equal skill.

KingD19
But was it for the elephants???

Darth Martin
I'm not gonna get into that.

KingD19
So you won't admit that fight for the elephants = Automatic win?

Rogue Jedi
And he won once he got his head in the game, Dan fought no one on his skill level, and one guy who was above him by leaps and bounds. And when Jaa fought Lateef Crowder/Eddy Gordo, their fight was very fast paced, and showcased enough of Jaa's speed that coupled with his strength and durability, he takes this.

FOR THE ELEPHANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That Capoiera guy was BADASS.

KingD19
Yeah, search Inmate 451, he's beast in it. And he's Eddy Gordo in the live action Tekken Movie, awesome.

Rogue Jedi
That fight scene in the church was EPIC.

KingD19
Beyond EPIC.

Rogue Jedi
Best part was near the end when Jaa did capoiera back at the guy, I was like rock

KingD19
He did a few capoeira/muay thai hybrid moves in both the films. And Jaa should play Kazuya/Kazuma/Hworang in the Tekken movie.

Rogue Jedi
I hope it is as true to the game as can be expected.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.