Who can survive Arkham's Asylum

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
All of batman's worst enemies are in Arkham, except the Joker has managed to let all the inmates loose and killed all the guards. Now the crazies run amok, with Joker as their leader!

Which of the following Marvel heroes could enter Arkham (with no prep) and come out alive after taking down all the baddies?

Captain America

Spider-Man

Punisher (armed with standard weaponry)

Daredevil

Mindset
Spiderman

One punch for every person he faces.

Starscream M
I see it more as a mental challenge. Batman has a topnotch mind, that is how he can handle guys like Joker and Scarecrow.

Just being physically strong won't necessarily allow one to defeat Batman's gallery of rogues imo.

Mindset
Spiderman doesn't have a top notch mind?

Starscream M
Originally posted by Mindset
Spiderman doesn't have a top notch mind? I'm not saying he doesn't. But I was just pointing out there's more to consider than just the physical aspect.

chomperx9
spiderman and cap

occultdestroyer
Captain America FTW.

His shield can deflect Joker Venom.

Clayface will cringe in fear at the sight of his American patriotism and melt into nothingness.

Kris Blaze
Gotta go with Spidey.

Philosophía
Spiderman has the best chance.

Bouboumaster
They all do it but Dare Devil.

Frank Castle would enter the place with a M-16 and **** 'em all at range, what Batman never done before.

Master Court
They all clear it.

StiltmanFTW
Parker fails.

Castle has the best chance, IMO.

The Nuul
Parker stomps. Frank and Cap makes it.

Harbinger
Originally posted by The Nuul
Parker stomps. Frank and Cap makes it.

redhotrash
I agree they could all make it. Poison Ivy and Mr. Freeze would likely give them the most trouble. Bane vs Capt would be pretty epic I'd think.

Starscream M
Spiderman would get taken out by Ivy or Scarecrow imo.

redhotrash
Scarecrow's tactics would be too similiar to Mysterio. Different delivery system, but same result. Spidey I think would handle him.

Juntai
None of them.

D-Block
Spidey

Original Smurph
Keeping in mind that Arkham's already armed with equipment to take out any of these guys, they all make it.

grimify
None of them could do it.

gobstakid777
all should probably be able to make it

jesserw21
how dey gonna take out clayface? & poison ivy

PRAYERRUN
Spidey has a good chance of clearing Arkham because of his spider sense. (although, Poison Ivy would pose a threat due to her " charms ".)Cap could make it, but Croc, Clayface, and Bane would pose a physical threat to him. I don't know if Cap would be vulnerable to Scarecrows fear toxin due to his physioligy but he could just knock out Crane with his shield from long range. Daredevil has been seen as invulnerable to the fear toxin. I don't know if I believe that outcome or not, but the comics pretty much make it clear that Matt overcomes fear of all kinds. Frank....well that would be kinda messy. I mean he goes in there guns ablazin. The fear toxin hits him, and...even more bullets go awry thus killing more villains. Spidey has my vote.

~The Wickerman~
Originally posted by Juntai
None of them.

PRAYERRUN
I think all of them have a chance...except maybe Daredevil or The Punisher. Punisher has a better chance than Matt.

Allankles
Punisher would blow up Arkhum Asylum, with the Joker strapped to one of the bombs.

PRAYERRUN
If he could get to him, that is.

Ms.Marvel
all of them except for DD will clear it.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Starscream M
All of batman's worst enemies are in Arkham, All of them?

No one makes it. Especially not against those he faces with the justice league.

cmack
punisher eliminates all batman rogues
captain america will the shield i basically skyfather
spidey most likely
daredevil idk

gobstakid777
none it has composite superman What the f**k?

gobstakid777
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
all of them except for DD will clear it. who da f#@k are you What the f**k? What the f**k?

Darth Martin
None of them. I have to agree. Give credit where it's due; Batman is one of the only ones I see doing this. These other guys wouldn't know how to handle Joker. Punisher might have the best chance out of all of the ones in the OP. But even he is far from Batman.

Let's also remember that Croc in the game is potrayed as too deadly for Batman to engage in H2H. That speaks for itself seeing how he faces Bane and Joker's thugs when on the venom. Batman also had Oracle's help, a Batcave, knowledge of the villains plus the area.

He also employs simple tools that some of these guys don't. Cap and Punisher cannot fly, glide, or use any grapnel launchers.

Infact, Batman could be viewed as an amalgamation of each of those four heroes. He has the enhanced vision of Daredevil, ability to get around small areas and swing from object to object like Spider-Man, the amazing fighting ability, stamina, and physical condition of Captain America, as well as an arsenal and stealth skill comparable to Punisher. Not to mention he's much smarter than all of them when it comes to criminology and detective work.

Honestly, I don't see any of the above four doing well in Arkham Asylum. Sure, 3 of them have stealth and could whoop on some thugs, but they wouldn't follow Riddler's riddles, Joker's mindgames, etc. Not to mention Croc, Scarecrow, Bane, and Ivy altering the are.

Arkham Asylum, while a video game, is a worthy testament to how great and capable a superhero Batman is. None of these guys stand a chance.

tsscls
Cap's the only one. He's the only one with purity of spirit, strength of mind, and the physical aptitude to take out all of these psychotics. Unless Joker gets ahold of Bucky and finds a crowbar.

Darth Martin
Cap cannot fly nor does he have a grapel, rope, or wire though. Batman or Spider-Man could glide and fly through areas. Cap would be stuck.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Darth Martin
I have to agree. Give credit where it's due; Batman is one of the only ones I see doing this. These other guys wouldn't know how to handle Joker. Punisher might have the best chance out of all of the ones in the OP. But even he is far from Batman.

Let's also remember that Croc in the game is potrayed as too deadly for Batman to engage in H2H. That speaks for itself seeing how he faces Bane and Joker's thugs when on the venom. Batman also had Oracle's help, a Batcave, knowledge of the villains plus the area.

He also employs simple tools that some of these guys don't. Cap and Punisher cannot fly, glide, or use any grapnel launchers.

Infact, Batman could be viewed as an amalgamation of each of those four heroes. He has the enhanced vision of Daredevil, ability to get around small areas and swing from object to object like Spider-Man, the amazing fighting ability, stamina, and physical condition of Captain America, as well as an arsenal and stealth skill comparable to Punisher. Not to mention he's much smarter than all of them when it comes to criminology and detective work.

Honestly, I don't see any of the above four doing well in Arkham Asylum. Sure, 3 of them have stealth and could whoop on some thugs, but they wouldn't follow Riddler's riddles, Joker's mindgames, etc. Not to mention Croc, Scarecrow, Bane, and Ivy altering the are.

Arkham Asylum, while a video game, is a worthy testament to how great and capable a superhero Batman is. None of these guys stand a chance.

You're talking like Spider-Man wasn't freakin' 10 tons class. He would murder the shit out of everybody with a single punch.

And how's Ivy a challenge when you have Sandman and Hydro-Man in your rogue gallery?

Also, Cap is a 1 ton or 2 tons class. He would most likely kill most of them with his punch too.

DareDevil isn't Batman, but he has an advantage over him, in his radar sense. But I think he would die.

As for the Punisher, he would just pepper the hell out everyone, and blow the building as the big finish. Bane MIGHT be a 1 or 2 tons class, but how he would survive a bullet in the face?

Darth Martin
Your saying this like 100% of your sucess is based on how well you punch people. He's nowhere near the criminologist Batman is. Spider-Man fails.

Uriel005
I don't think Punisher would bother entering. He'd plant C4 charges and shoot everyone leaving the place. Clayface is his biggest problem IMO but incendiary or phosphorous grenades bake him into a statue.

Lunacyde
None of them clear it.

None of them with the tools at hand can handle Clayface.

Also Scarecrow, Poison Ivy, and even Mister Freeze have offensive capabilities that are very hard for the Marvel heroes to counter.

OneDumbG0
None of them. Punisher has the best chance with his resourcefulness. I still don't think he'd make it.

Lunacyde
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Punisher has the best chance with his resourcefulness. I still don't think he'd make it.

I concur.

twizzlers713
cap makes it. batman makes it. spiderman and punisher do not

Lunacyde
What is Cap going to do to Clayface? How does he deal with Ivy's pheremones?

Uriel005
like I said for clayface Frank uses incendiaries and phospherous nades to bake him solid. He doesn't even walk into arkham he plants C4/Semtex high explosives all around and sits by his car waiting for enemies to come out. if it gets to bad and he gets his car outside he's usually got a flamethrower lying around and I'm pretty sure clay is gonna run into trouble real quick when jellied petroleum starts taking the moisture out of his clay. Or failing that frank hoses him down with water or steels freezes freeze gun. He's not above stealing enemy weapons.

Lunacyde
Originally posted by Uriel005
like I said for clayface Frank uses incendiaries and phospherous nades to bake him solid. He doesn't even walk into arkham he plants C4/Semtex high explosives all around and sits by his car waiting for enemies to come out. if it gets to bad and he gets his car outside he's usually got a flamethrower lying around and I'm pretty sure clay is gonna run into trouble real quick when jellied petroleum starts taking the moisture out of his clay. Or failing that frank hoses him down with water or steels freezes freeze gun. He's not above stealing enemy weapons.

Frank gets no prep, he knows nothing about his enemies. His first reaction is not going to be hey lets go get that Flamethrower out of the Battle Van I leave lying around. Besides he has to worry about other enemies at the same time including Scarecrow's fear gas, Ivy's pheremones, Freeze's Freeze Gun, and Joker venom among other things. This isn't a one attacks at a time thing, he won't have time to plot and plan a strategy for each enemy because he doesn't know them, he has no idea of their capabilities, and he has zero prep time which Frank thrives on.

-Pr-
Plus, Clayface is a shapeshifter.

Uriel005
Like I said he doesn't even walk into Arkham and if he gets his truck which is standard gear he's got the gear to deal with it. Also I thought that prep was just having stuff ready not that he has no knowledge of capabilities. If he knows clay's a shapeshifter he's liable to shoot first and ask later.

Lunacyde
Originally posted by -Pr-
Plus, Clayface is a shapeshifter.
That too...he could impersonate a surviving guard or something. Frank would never know the difference.

Uriel005
OP expressly stated all guards are confirmed dead.

Lunacyde
OP expressly stated all guards are confirmed dead.

It doesn't say the heroes get that knowledge, it's just setting the scene.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Lunacyde

even if he doesn't impersonate a guard, he could easily just pick one of the villains, and when frank tries to take him on thinking he knows how to beat them, i'm not sure he could recover in time to put down someone that powerful at such a close range.

Uriel005

basic knowledge forum rules.

Mindset
None of them clear it.

None of them with the tools at hand can handle Clayface.

Also Scarecrow, Poison Ivy, and even Mister Freeze have offensive capabilities that are very hard for the Marvel heroes to counter. Webbing.

Spiderman wins.

-Pr-
basic knowledge forum rules.

basic knowledge applies to his opponents, nothing more.

Uriel005
So he's going to know clayface is a shapeshifter and that he's made of clay. Punisher isn't stupid. Like I said even if he doesn't get flamethrower to bake clayface incendiaries and phosphorous will probably do the job just as well. Also as I said before he doesn't even fight most of the villains he just plants explosives all around. Crock isn't going to stand up to AP rounds from a drum loaded M16/similar assault rifle.

Lunacyde
basic knowledge applies to his opponents, nothing more.

Lunacyde
So it's Punisher standard procedure to just blow up building with opponents inside? How many time's has he done this in comics?

Mindset

psycho gundam
So it's Punisher standard procedure to just blow up building with opponents inside? How many time's has he done this in comics? you'd be surprised

he fishes with dynamite when it's harvesting time

Lunacyde
@ Mindset....really?

Out of all his appearances I'd say that's far from standard procedure...Remember this is what the character would do, not what you would have him do.

Also if I wanted to be a real jerk I'd ask for scans or issue numbers, but I trust you and I'll take your word for it.

Uriel005
ok... the knowledge that clayface is a mimic is pretty widespread as far as I'm aware as is the fact that he is indeed made of clay.... Even failing to know some specific and obscure weakness I can generally surmise how something made of clay is going to react to heat or water so.... yeah unless you want to call Frank a complete moron and that he wouldn't be able to figure out a way to either bake the clay or find a way to saturate him with enough water to make him a non issue I'm not seeing your point.

Also as I said for the most part he doesn't fight these guys H2H. Knowing the guards are dead or even if they weren't and were simply in control of the place Frank would still plant explosives all around Arkham and just detonate it rather than mucking about getting bogged down in the inmates games. He then procedes to gun everyone down. I don't see very many of batmans rogues gallery walking away from an exploding Arkham. Probably Crock, Bane and Clayface but Clay is going to get out of the rubble long before crock or Bane.

I see Frank dealing with Clayface with incendiary grenades or luring him to the water supply for the facility. I'd say Crock gets out next but his heads gonna be aching and like I said about 60 rounds of aimed Armor piercing fire without stormtrooper effect from Frank will probably put him down. Bane gets unloaded on as well.

-Pr-
Frank has to enter the facility though; it's in the OP.

psycho gundam
clayface would and could kill him, don't get me wrong

Frank has to enter the facility though; it's in the OP. well yeah, that's how the bombs get in there also.

Lunacyde
ok... the knowledge that clayface is a mimic is pretty widespread as far as I'm aware as is the fact that he is indeed made of clay.... Even failing to know some specific and obscure weakness I can generally surmise how something made of clay is going to react to heat or water so.... yeah unless you want to call Frank a complete moron and that he wouldn't be able to figure out a way to either bake the clay or find a way to saturate him with enough water to make him a non issue I'm not seeing your point.

Also as I said for the most part he doesn't fight these guys H2H. Knowing the guards are dead or even if they weren't and were simply in control of the place Frank would still plant explosives all around Arkham and just detonate it rather than mucking about getting bogged down in the inmates games. He then procedes to gun everyone down. I don't see very many of batmans rogues gallery walking away from an exploding Arkham. Probably Crock, Bane and Clayface but Clay is going to get out of the rubble long before crock or Bane.

I see Frank dealing with Clayface with incendiary grenades or luring him to the water supply for the facility. I'd say Crock gets out next but his heads gonna be aching and like I said about 60 rounds of aimed Armor piercing fire without stormtrooper effect from Frank will probably put him down. Bane gets unloaded on as well.

You do realize Clayface isn't actually made out of normal clay, but a clay-like substance that may or may not have all the normal weaknesses of clay.

-Pr-
Originally posted by psycho gundam
clayface would and could kill him, don't get me wrong

well yeah, that's how the bombs get in there also.

bombs inside are fine. bombs outside, not so much.

Uriel005
Frank's no slouch at clandestine operations and most of the rogues in Arkham never seem to bother to much with detecting infiltration from characters far less stealthy than Batman. Frank goes in plants the bombs and gets out. Avoids areas of confrontation so yeah...

Lunacyde
I still don't see this as standard procedure. He's done it possibly a handful of times out of literally hundreds of appearances. I don't think the odds are in your favor.

Uriel005
Yeah but still I'm under the assumption that Frank is going to realize he's dealing with a relatively large group of metas and isn't going to be an idiot and charge headlong into it. The others have a tendency to do that as up until shadowland they all were pretty much goody goody two shoes heroes for the most part. Frank isn't about to fight fair when the deck is stacked against him like this.

Lunacyde
Fair enough. I am certainly not against the possibility he wins that way...

psycho gundam
http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/4549/sl3legioncps017.jpg

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/5958/sl3legioncps018.jpg

^ not really his usual way of starting an assault against unknown opponents, but this'll do for a lot of the characters incarcerated there.

Uriel005
^that works too

Lunacyde
Except that opens him up to pheremones, Joker venom, Fear gas, etc.

godking
@ Mindset....really?

Out of all his appearances I'd say that's far from standard procedure...Remember this is what the character would do, not what you would have him do.

Also if I wanted to be a real jerk I'd ask for scans or issue numbers, but I trust you and I'll take your word for it. Franks standard procedure is not to make it a fair fight when he is facing Meta's.

Frank bombing Arkham from a distance fits his MO.

Newjak
Cap walks in gives a speech and everyone becomes model citizens end of story...

Deadline
Originally posted by godking
Franks standard procedure is not to make it a fair fight when he is facing Meta's.

Frank bombing Arkham from a distance fits his MO.

Hes in Arkham.

Uriel005
^Like I said infiltrate plant C4/Semtex and get out. Detonate and hose down anyone who gets out and take out clayface with incendiary's.

Dum Dum Dugan
do they get depowered, like in marvels super jails?

Deadline

Dum Dum Dugan
If so Frank would dominate.

Deadline
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
If so Frank would dominate.

Well I know for a fact it happens in Blackgate prison and I always thought Blackgate was Arkham junior.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Deadline
Well I know for a fact it happens in Blackgate prison and I always thought Blackgate was Arkham junior.
Black gate? is that in marvel or dc. I gunna bet dc, becuase I don't reconize it, but watch me be completely wrong. sad

Deadline
Black gate? is that in marvel or dc. I gunna bet dc, becuase I don't reconize it, but watch me be completely wrong. sad

DC.

Dum Dum Dugan
DC.
I would think you are right if it able to hold clayface, grundy ect. I think it have to have power dampeners. That make me believe that spiderman aint likely to survive. Some one like frank however would do very well in such a scenerio.

Omega Vision
Blackgate is where Gotham's non insane criminals go. Don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure it has a much smaller escapee quota than Arkham and thus might be more secure.

Lunacyde
Most of the Arkham inmates rely more so on Tech/gear than powers.

hulkgoalie
Spiderman has the best chance here. He's the strongest, fastest, is used to dealing with a lot of people at one time, and is also used to dealing with baddies on a level or two higher than him. He has webbing that most of the inmates wouldn't be able to get out of, and he's fast enough to get to joker and scarecrow before their respective poisons get to him. As for ivy, Parker loves MJ too much to do anything, so he gets through everybody pretty quickly.

Mindset
I would think you are right if it able to hold clayface, grundy ect. I think it have to have power dampeners. That make me believe that spiderman aint likely to survive. Some one like frank however would do very well in such a scenerio. I've never seen anything about power dampeners being installed in Arkham.

Uriel005
I've never seen anything about power dampeners being installed in Arkham.

I always thought Arkham just had equipment designed to handle the inmates. i.e. weed killer for poison ivy, gas for crock or something like that.

Omega Vision
I always thought Arkham just had equipment designed to handle the inmates. i.e. weed killer for poison ivy, gas for crock or something like that.
Croc (usually) gets sent to Blackgate, not Arkham.

Uriel005
Really? but I'm still pretty sure Arkham's got a room for each of Batman's rogues just in case they need to pop in.

Omega Vision
Really? but I'm still pretty sure Arkham's got a room for each of Batman's rogues just in case they need to pop in.
I'm sure he's been interned in Arkham a few times, but in general he's a Blackgate convict. Mentally speaking there's nothing wrong with him, he's just a mutant criminal.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I'm sure he's been interned in Arkham a few times, but in general he's a Blackgate convict. Mentally speaking there's nothing wrong with him, he's just a mutant criminal. Doesn't part of his mutation affect his mental state?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Doesn't part of his mutation affect his mental state?
Not that I can see. Now his "freak" status certainly pushes him into a life of crime but aside from his great strength and durability the mutation is only skin deep. It doesn't effect his brain chemistry.

Space M ummy
I'm assuming we're using the recent Arkham Asylum game as the setting here. That means that general building layout, with lots of random thugs with the big dogs hiding out here and there.

Daredevil is the only one here at a disadvantage. Of the heroes listed he's the only one WORSE off than Batman usually is- Daredevil has peak human (or somewhere around there) stats, but none of batman's equipment to give him an edge.

Rogers also lacks batman's extra gear, but physically he's superior. He has MUCH better stamina, better speed (remember, cap has run at 60mph while carrying someone else), and that shield of his is an incredible OFFENSIVE weapon as well as a defensive weapon. I played through arkham asylum, and batman was in bad shape if anyone in the room had a gun. With the shield? Rogers has nothing to worry about.

Offensively, we've seen steve use it to split trucks in half- 99% of batman's gallery can't take more than one or two shots from that thing at full power and Steve is VERY accurate with it. Bane and Croc could hang with steve, but steve is a better fighter and has taken down stronger opponents than those two easily.

Spider man has a massive speed advantage over anyone there, plus that webbing (assuming he has spare carts and doesn't run out) has the strength of steel cables. anyone he can't outright one shot KO he can immobilize, and don't forget pete is a wall crawler. he can literally waltz across the ceiling undetected in areas that gave batman the fits.
and as for the strength advantage, forget about it. Even Croc isn't going to give him any more problems than the lizard usually does, and I've lost count of how many times pete has taken out the lizard with brute force. Spider man ALSO deals with goblin gas etc on a regular basis and does have masks and filters to deal with it if he knows it's on the menu.

Punisher just does not give a damn. The man's a walking arsenal and as someone else pointed out would just straight up massacre everyone inside as quickly as possible. machine guns, grenades, C4- villains get a lot of mileage out of knowing batman isn't going to kill them. once the body count starts piling up with murdered (not KOed!) thugs, your average criminal isn't going to want to get in frank's way.

So Punisher with ease, Spiderman and Cap with little to moderate difficulty, Daredevil is toast.

Uriel005
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Not that I can see. Now his "freak" status certainly pushes him into a life of crime but aside from his great strength and durability the mutation is only skin deep. It doesn't effect his brain chemistry.

Naw there was a time when croc went feral insane.

Lunacyde
Originally posted by Space M ummy
I'm assuming we're using the recent Arkham Asylum game as the setting here. That means that general building layout, with lots of random thugs with the big dogs hiding out here and there.

Daredevil is the only one here at a disadvantage. Of the heroes listed he's the only one WORSE off than Batman usually is- Daredevil has peak human (or somewhere around there) stats, but none of batman's equipment to give him an edge.

Rogers also lacks batman's extra gear, but physically he's superior. He has MUCH better stamina, better speed (remember, cap has run at 60mph while carrying someone else), and that shield of his is an incredible OFFENSIVE weapon as well as a defensive weapon. I played through arkham asylum, and batman was in bad shape if anyone in the room had a gun. With the shield? Rogers has nothing to worry about.

Offensively, we've seen steve use it to split trucks in half- 99% of batman's gallery can't take more than one or two shots from that thing at full power and Steve is VERY accurate with it. Bane and Croc could hang with steve, but steve is a better fighter and has taken down stronger opponents than those two easily.

Spider man has a massive speed advantage over anyone there, plus that webbing (assuming he has spare carts and doesn't run out) has the strength of steel cables. anyone he can't outright one shot KO he can immobilize, and don't forget pete is a wall crawler. he can literally waltz across the ceiling undetected in areas that gave batman the fits.
and as for the strength advantage, forget about it. Even Croc isn't going to give him any more problems than the lizard usually does, and I've lost count of how many times pete has taken out the lizard with brute force. Spider man ALSO deals with goblin gas etc on a regular basis and does have masks and filters to deal with it if he knows it's on the menu.

Punisher just does not give a damn. The man's a walking arsenal and as someone else pointed out would just straight up massacre everyone inside as quickly as possible. machine guns, grenades, C4- villains get a lot of mileage out of knowing batman isn't going to kill them. once the body count starts piling up with murdered (not KOed!) thugs, your average criminal isn't going to want to get in frank's way.

So Punisher with ease, Spiderman and Cap with little to moderate difficulty, Daredevil is toast.
I enjoy the well thought out analysis, but i believe you are selling some of the Batman villains short.

Uriel005
I enjoy the well thought out analysis, but i believe you are selling some of the Batman villains short.

I think he has a good point though. Batman Villains aren't going to take bus cutting shields from Rogers too well nor are they accustomed to heroes trying to kill them like punisher. Also unless you're talking high end bane and croc 15 tonner spidey can and will definitely crush them if he takes off the kiddy gloves. Also the rebreather in his mask for dealing with Green Goblin pretty much renders joker venom and fear gas useless especially considering the villains who use them don't have the speed or strength to manually inject their poisons of choice into him.

However that said I think don't see how anyone but punisher will deal with clayface. I mean yes Spidey does tangle with Sandman but he relies on environmental factors to BFR him more often than not. Frank at least will torch him into pottery Spidey and the other not so much.

By the way is this shadowlands DD if so he stands a much better chance.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Starscream M
All of batman's worst enemies are in Arkham, except the Joker has managed to let all the inmates loose and killed all the guards. Now the crazies run amok, with Joker as their leader!

Which of the following Marvel heroes could enter Arkham (with no prep) and come out alive after taking down all the baddies?

Captain America

Spider-Man

Punisher (armed with standard weaponry)

Daredevil No one if Clayface is in Arkham.

Mindset
Spiderman webs him up.

Lunacyde
Spiderman webs him up. Doubt Spidey could completely web him up and keep him contained. Also there is the fact that he is a shapeshifter and chances are by then Spidey may very well not have a clear mind with all the gases and toxins flying around the place.

Mindset
Why would gas and toxins be flying around where spiderman is fighting clayface, are all the villains in the same room or something?

Lunacyde
Who says he faces Clayface first? He may have already faced say Scarecrow and been subjected to fear gas.

Also since this is a real situation and doesn't follow game mechanics he very well may have to face multiple opponents at once.

Parmaniac
Who says he faces Clayface first? Who says he doesn't?
He may have already faced say Scarecrow and been subjected to fear gas.
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/6874/intellectuseofwebbing41.th.jpghttp://img232.imageshack.us/img232/2005/intellectuseofwebbing42.th.jpg
Also since this is a real situation and doesn't follow game mechanics he very well may have to face multiple opponents at once.
Spider-man could/would one shot more than half of Batmans entire rouge gallery.

Mindset
Who says he faces Clayface first? He may have already faced say Scarecrow and been subjected to fear gas.

Also since this is a real situation and doesn't follow game mechanics he very well may have to face multiple opponents at once. Who said he was fighting Clayface first?

You don't think he can dodge fear gas, it's not like he's in a small inescapable room.

Scarecrow would be oneshotted before he even knew he was fighting.

UniOmni
Being that Batman is my fav book, and daredevil is a close second, im gonna give each of these guys a fair chance.

Castle is the most linear guy in this bunch aside from Cap, so he's gonna come in and make bank.
How are these guys gonna deal with Joker/Dent etc?
With less patience than Bruce.
Frank is gonna liquidate his face, DD is gonna fracture his jaw, Spidey is gonna give him web poisoning, and Cap is gonna brain him.

The premise of this thread is going to play right to the heroes advantage. Inmates running asylum, guards/staff already dead?

This is just a game of wackamole now.

Freeze and his ilk/ie the supersuits are done, since their equipment isn't kept on site.
The biggest problem is gonna be clayface, but as long as there's running water, he's just a drain away from defeat.
Spidey whips up an airtight web containment.
Castle just gets shooting until he gets lucky(we know he's gonna get lucky) Cap redirects a busted valve and DD is gonna smell Clayface once he steps inside the building.

The biggest wrench in any batman story is the innocents that get squashed when he and his foes fight.
Contained in an extremely large building, with no one in the mix who needs to be saved, they clean up, just as Batman would.

Bouboumaster
As I said before, 3 out of the four dudes do it. Daredevil die.

Anyone who think that Spider-Man might have trouble have to go read the respect thread, right now.
It's an insult to compare him to the like of Bane, or Kroc, in the strenght department. I mean, seriously? He's 10 tons strong. The only two he don't kills with a single punch are Ivy and Clayface. All the other are either webbed, or KO. And has the infamous "Joker Gas", he'll be web before he can use it. Because he won't see Spider-Man coming. Oh, and don't forget that Parker is a ****in' genius. Not on Wayne level, of course, but he's a brain. As for Ivy and Clayface... What chance do they have? Sure, they are great against a mere human, but Spider-Man isn't a mere human. Polymorphing won't help Clayface, because it's nullified with spider-sense. Also, since Spider-Man score victory over both Sandman and Hydro-Man...

Current Steve Rogers don't have the shield, but he and current Cap America both use guns. It should be enough to stop a lot of them.

Frank just blow the shit out of the building. Or walk in and shoot the shit out of anyone he sees. I bet Joker will have a little bit more trouble with that.

Space M ummy

which ones? Keep in mind I'm making some assumptions.

1.) standard forum rules of "common knowledge." i.e. if clayface is there, everyone's aware he can't tolerate water, and is a shapeshifter, etc. The reverse is also true for the villains, but I can't see this really helping them at all- in fact it works in frank's favor since "common knowledge" is that he's a killer, not a hero.

2.) everyone's coming prepared. it doesn't make sense for punisher to show up without being armed, spider man to show up without filters in his mask when he knows several villains (scarecrow, joker) commonly use gas and poisons, and steve has the shield...simply because when typically discussing rogers around here it's the classic version w/shield.

3.) as someone said before, Freeze or anyone reliant on super high tech gear isn't likely to have equipment on site since they're incarcerated.

assuming 1 and 2 and 3 are true- there isn't a whole lot that most of batman's rogue's gallery can do in this situation that Frank, Pete, and Steve haven't seen a billion times before. There's NO one who's a better fighter than Rogers, stronger or faster than spiderman, or better armed than the punisher. and without innocents to worry about, there's no chance for mind games. if it moves, it's a threat.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.