New Spawn movie by Mcfarlane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Nuul
McFarlane Starts Writing New Spawn Movie
Source:Josh
August 23, 2009

"Spawn" creator Todd McFarlane has announced that he has officially begun writing the screenplay for a new movie based on the character.

"The story has been in my head for 7 or 8 years," McFarlane said. "The movie idea is neither a recap or continuation. It is a standalone story that will be R-rated. Creepy and scary."

He added that "the tone of this 'Spawn' movie will be for a more older audience. Like the film 'Departed.'"

In August of 1997, New Line released a Spawn movie that grossed $87.8 million worldwide. It starred Michael Jai White, John Leguizamo and Martin Sheen.

roughrider
Whatever. Hard to believe there was a time when McFarlane had the stage to himself, doing the first Spawn movie - Spider Man was still tied up in legal squabbling, Marvel wouldn't get X-Men out for another three years. He had lots of control over the first film, and it didn't work out that well. What will be different this time?

BruceSkywalker
hopefully he will do a much better job this time around

Mr. Rhythmic
I really enjoyed the original Spawn stories, so hopefully McFarlene won't be a douche about it and just adapt his old works.

XanZan
I think Spawn might be past its prime.

Kazenji
http://www.comicvine.com/news/spawn-movie-directed-by-todd-mcfarlane/140508/

Been seeing this alot whenever i look at Spawn 2 but when is it actaully happening.

emoboy13
this woud be cool bc i love spawn hes so dark just like me

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by roughrider
Whatever. Hard to believe there was a time when McFarlane had the stage to himself, doing the first Spawn movie - Spider Man was still tied up in legal squabbling, Marvel wouldn't get X-Men out for another three years. He had lots of control over the first film, and it didn't work out that well. What will be different this time?

I hear you on that one, rider, but we should probably give him a chance because, Todd has always been open to criticism from his fans. I think in his first go Around he got caught up in the grandeur. I definitely saw where he was going with that. He was thinking franchise and shit. I think now, after the mixed and negative feedback of the first movie, Mcfarlane will heed the peoples words.

As long as the suit and cloak make a reappearance in an R rated script, i think it could work out very well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.