What would you Retcon?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

basilisk
You win a competition with Marvel, DC, or whatever company you like. The prize is that you get to retcon a single event in comic history for that company (you can also stretch this a little if it is a series of related events).

What would you choose to retcon and how would you execute it?

Digi
OMD.

I'd be like "HAHA! Dream sequence!" then let the fanbase decide if they're too pissed off over that lame change to enjoy the fact that Peter and MJ, and recent continuity, is canon again. It would be a deliciously mixed outcry from the fan community.

evil face

Kris Blaze
I would retcon House of M.

Mutants are cool Digi, deal. big grin

Digi
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
I would retcon House of M.

Mutants are cool Digi, deal. big grin

Lies.

Speaking of, I retcon Dr. Strange preventing Wanda from being totally successful. Wanda just allowed him to think he did it in order to toy with the Marvel Universe for a while. Seriously, mutants still seem like a dime a dozen. Endangered my ass.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Digi
Lies.

Speaking of, I retcon Dr. Strange preventing Wanda from being totally successful. Wanda just allowed him to think he did it in order to toy with the Marvel Universe for a while. Seriously, mutants still seem like a dime a dozen. Endangered my ass.

I'd retcon all your favourite characters into something stupid and embarrassing uhuh

Alpha Centauri
I think I can speak for everyone when I say One More Day. Even my boy Deadpool was mocking him for that in Suicide Kings (I think).

Also, as much as I enjoyed Hulk: Gray, I'd retcon Red Hulk. Premise was amazing, idea was phenomenal, execution was/is pants. Unwashed pants.

Give the run back to Jones or Pak, you clearly don't know what you're doing with it, Loeb. They could probably pull it off better.

I might also change Thor's whole cloning nonsense. I felt that was a bit messy, but nobody seems to agree with me.

-AC

Nihilist
I would retcon the Scathan the Approver shit storyline.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Nihilist
I would retcon the Scathan the Approver shit storyline.

Are you referring to the one with prodigy? Or any storyline involving Scathan?

xJLxKing
Everything about Rulk wink

guy222
Beyonder again

stick out tongue

The Nuul
Red Hulk in a heart beat.

Maybe whats going on with Thor, his depowerment. I would keep him high levels. But first I want to see whats going on with him first.

Creshosk
I'd retcon Joe Q becoming editor. That's the single event I'd pick That'd wipe out all of his personal projects. OMD, AND House of M included.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Creshosk
I'd retcon Joe Q becoming editor. That's the single event I'd pick That'd wipe out all of his personal projects. OMD, AND House of M included.

This, to be fair.

Maybe just wipe out his own projects.

-AC

Creshosk
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
This, to be fair.

Maybe just wipe out his own projects.

-AC Yeah. but some of those are big enough that it'd change subsequent story lines and effect other projects. Not all of them. Just the ones tied in.

Bouboumaster
OMD, everything with Rulk, and Superman Red/Blue

willRules
I'd retcon Ultimatum by just bringing all the dead characters back.

Knowsbleed33
The DCU.

Battlehammer

I might also change Thor's whole cloning nonsense. I felt that was a bit messy, but nobody seems to agree with me.

-AC
yes but the herc killing him was to awosome to reconnt.

Blanket
Annihilation/Sinestro Corps War

I'd have Doom come in and destroy the Wave without any powerups, and Black Adam stroll into SCW and end the war, casually.

Philosophía
Prime would casually backhand him away, again, after no-selling everything he does.

He could also melt his face and/or rip it off, in an ironic twist.

Accel
Give the run back to Jones or Pak, you clearly don't know what you're doing with it, Loeb. They could probably pull it off better.

I'd rather read Loeb's run than any thing by Jones again.

Blanket

Philosophía
I override your retcon with my unused one.

Unless you get multiple retcons and I get only 1.

In which case me and the thread starter are going to have some words.

Blanket

Philosophía
Originally posted by Blanket
Mine's permanent.

Mine is 2nd degree of permanent and contains at least 6 infinities.

My permanent > your permanent.

In fact, my permanent is Supreme, under Batdude's permanent.

Blanket

Philosophía
I edited.

Like I said, we should call for batdude, he has the final word on it.

Unless somebody thinks that his permanent is infinite times infinity plus 1 ?

Blanket
Batdude is permanent (ly gay), but he's no whole ocean, while everyone else is a drop permanent.

Mine is writer permanent. Easily.

Philosophía
Mine is editor-in-chief permanent.

In fact, my permanent found your permanent, and yours was like a microbe in comparison.

And it was your permanent narrating it.

Blanket
Your permanent may have found mine, but I retconned it shortly after to make you one of the 10 permanent's under Fatnude.

The funny thing is, that I understand this a whole lot more than some arguments...

Philosophía
Somebody else is arguing on why his permanent is bigger and better than the others' ? ha-som

Blanket

Doctor-Alvis
I would retcon it so I get more retcons.

outavodka
ide retcon Cilvil War F dat Cap should killed iron dick

Endless Mike
I'd retcon Wolverine out of existence, just to watch the fanboys rage

Rage.Of.Olympus
Lol, I would love to see that.

Battlehammer would have a heart attack.

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by Endless Mike
I'd retcon Wolverine out of existence, just to watch the fanboys rage

Wolverines HF protects him from Retcons.

Sorry my friend.

Omgu8mynewt
I'd retcon at whatever point where Wolverines HF made him just about indestructable to anything

Sin I AM

-AC

What exactly r u referrin to?

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Sin I AM
What exactly r u referrin to?

Civil War

Sin I AM
I thought it was well written honestly, and it sorta feels stupid for Thor to mingle in the affairs of man. I hate his depiction when he's placed around mortals.

-Pr-
Everything concerning Cyclops since the end of Whedon's run on Astonishing X-Men. Awful, awful shite.

HueyFreeman
retcons
-daken has got to go
-One more day
-secret invasion

TheOneFirestorm
Without question Spider Man making a deal with Mephisto. So Aunt May dies she's lived a good life not a wasted one. It's the most heinous undermining of the character, and I would undo it.

The Pict
OMD and Red Hulk for sure.

Kinky Shit
Originally posted by Blanket
Mine's permanent. #

In comics, a permenant retcon?!? Blanket that is unlikely!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.