Bad Movie Theater Experiences

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
Share your bad experiences from going to see a movie at the theater.

What movie was it? When?

Kids? Cell phones? Talkers? Diarrhea?

What did you say/do?

Let's hear it!

gobstakid777
Originally posted by Impediment
Share your bad experiences from going to see a movie at the theater.

What movie was it? When?

Kids? Cell phones? Talkers? Diarrhea? Let's hear it!
i am the causer of bad experiences cause whenever me and my friends go to see movies we riff on them mercilessly

Scythe
We were watching Transformers 2 and the dude sitting in the front row started puking. I said: "Damn, this movie is so insane, that guy's head exploded" the whole theater started smelling like vomit and as we left my friends thought the metal on the robots smelled realistic. Jackasses.

Impediment
I went to see LOTR: TFOTR in 2001.

Some idiot, who was sitting directly behind my three friends and I, was delivering his own commentary track about his disdain for the movie. This went on until Gandalf returned to the Shire to speak with Frodo about the One Ring.

Finally, I stood up, turned around, and yelled at this asshat to SHUT THE HELL UP! My three friends also stood up with me.

Some people around me applauded.

He shut the hell up for the rest of the movie.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by gobstakid777
i am the causer of bad experiences cause whenever me and my friends go to see movies we riff on them mercilessly

I hate people like you.

Nemesis X
I can't watch a movie in peace while there are children crying for reasons I don't give a crap about. The whining is so unbearable and I nearly went Brian Griffin on them (if you watched Family Guy you know what I mean) but thankfully the mother always took them out of the theater.

I went and saw The Day After Tomorrow in 2004 but unfortunately the only seats available were at the bottom and while watching the movie, my back was in serious pain and because I was so close to the screen, my eyes kept hurting.

I went and saw G.I. Joe the Rise of Cobra today and what ruined it for me were the annoying ass subtitles that just wouldn't go away.

BruceSkywalker
In all my years of watching movie, I've had only one bad experience..

Back in '82, while watching Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan for the second time, this dumb f^ck in front of me and my older brother started quoting lines from Space Seed, right before Khan revealed himself to Chekov and Terrell so I stood up and told him to shut the f^ck up or he was gonna face my wrath.. he sat down, quiet as a mouse as everyone smiled and enjoyed the rest of the movie

WhoopeeDee
2005 Episode III...40 year olds waving around plastic color tubes and making their own woooosh noises. Then during the movie even worse....every three minutes the hooting and cheering...oh gawd!

gobstakid777
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I hate people like you.
we're not that loud

dadudemon
Some stupid chick in a movie in "The Incredible Hulk" was talking really loud, down in front, and she was laughing like a hyiena. She did this off and on for about five minutes. Then some dude behind me and to the left yelled, "SHUT THE **** UP YOU STUPID *****!"

The whole theatre INSTANTLY started cheering very loudly like their favorite football/futbol team just scored the winning touchdown/goal. It was awesome. He said what everyone was too afraid to say.

Another one...

In The Watchmen, there were TONS of small children. I was pissed as hell because it was the 10 PM showing. I was like, you dumbass parents bring your kids to a showing when they should have been in bed for hours, and you take them to a violent movie that has plenty of nudity, a fairly graphic intimate moment with SS and Owl, with mister blue glowing weenar flopping around, and then you don't take your little pieces of sh*t out of the theatre when they cry....and they're crying because the movie is REALLY long and the child should have been in bod hours ago. Yeah, it was the worst experience ever.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by WhoopeeDee
2005 Episode III...40 year olds waving around plastic color tubes and making their own woooosh noises. Then during the movie even worse....every three minutes the hooting and cheering...oh gawd!

I lol'd

jaden101
One that annoys me and happens in every movie is just seeing little squares of light ppopping up in the crowd in from of you every 2 minutes because people can't switch their ****ing phones off for an hour and a half without having to check to see if someone's texted them.

Mr. Rhythmic
Someone threatened my life during "Hellboy". ***** wouldn't stop talking, so my friends and I threw popcorn at her. Next thing you know, she threatened to murder us and her posse found us outside the theater.
Luckily, our ride just got there.

gobstakid777
Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
Someone threatened my life during "Hellboy". ***** wouldn't stop talking, so my friends and I threw popcorn at her. Next thing you know, she threatened to murder us and her posse found us outside the theater.
Luckily, our ride just got there.
lucky bastard Happy Dance

MildPossession
Some moronic kids setting off stink bombs.

T.M
I haven't had anything like those.. the worst I get is people playing with phones.

The only time someone has talked during a movie I have been watching was in Matrix Revolutions when Trinity died, a guy behind me shouted "thank f**k for that" which was apt.

I guess I am lucky.

Darth Vicious
For me its usually when I go to the theater in the mall. Usually teenagers that wont shut the fk up because somehow they think they cool. Sadly its mostly spanish and black kids. Ive gotten in a few arguments because of it. I took my gurl to see The Exorcism of Emily Rose (midnight showing) thinking that most of the teenagers would be out of the mall by then, wrong. This time they were black female teenagers and they were scared the whole time and wouldnt shut up. I guess someone complaint because they were asked either to shut up or leave. Now days If I want to watch a movie, I go to a town next to mine were theres mostly white folks. Havent had a bad experience there yet.

Another one was when we went to see LotR: RoTK. We got there because my gurl was late (as usual), the place was packed and we ended up sitting up front. I couldnt really enjoy the movie because the screen was pretty much in my face. I usually sit all the way in the back.

Darth Martin
My bother, aunt, and uncle had waited in line for 3 hours to see the IMAX screening for The Dark Knight on July 18. The museum crew were going to form the line into threes and let most of the people behind us go before we did(we had been there the longest) and my Uncle basically said to hell with this. We were the the first ones to enter.

A month or so later I went to a dollar theater with two friends to see TDK for the 3rd time. These young kids(2nd grade) were talking and this one particular adult male kept yelling "Quiet". Eventually the kids shut up.

Black kids(middle school) wouldn't shut up when I saw Notorious either.

Impediment
I went with a friend to see Next Friday in the theater on opening night.

We were the only two white boys, literally, in the entire theater.

We walked out after 30 minutes.

We heard, maybe 5 minutes of the movie amidst the cacophonous noise of cell phones, talking, laughing, and people yelling at the screen.

Nemesis X
I went to go see I am Legend but I only saw half of the movie because the camera up in the film room (or whatever the heck it's called) wasn't working right. I had to wait till next Saturady to go back and see the rest.

I actually went and saw the Clone Wars movie and the only problem was nine year old star war fanboys that wouldn't shut up.

I encountered one of my arch enemies in the theater and he was actually sitting right next to me. I was gonna do something to get back at him but his grandpa was sitting next to him and I knew that if I did anything to that jackass, his grandpa is gonna give me trouble so I didn't do anything and moved to another seat.

celestialdemon
Two bad experiences. The first was when I saw Any Given Sunday. This guy next to me was acting like Jamie Foxx was playing for his hometown football team. Kept cheering and shouting like he was in the stands during all the football scenes.

The other bad experience was going to see Moulin Rouge.

Darth Martin
I have two more that come to mind. In Summer of last year I went to see The Strangers. The projector ****ed up. The theater offered to either refund our money, give us a free pass, or a free movie right then and there. My friend and I went to see the Incredible Hulk instead. But there were two elderly white women(mid 60's) in The Strangers cinema with us. Amidst the technical difficulties we turned around and asked were they in right movie. Two grandma's in a horror/slasher film? huh One of them said, "Child after what I been put through with my ex-husband, ain't no movie scare me!" eek!

I also went to see POTC 3 with a friend. There were technical difficulties for about 15 minutes. I should've asked for my money back. It was a horrible and long film in addition to the technical difficulties with the projector.

Originally posted by Impediment
I went with a friend to see Next Friday in the theater on opening night. We were the only two white boys, literally, in the entire theater. We walked out after 30 minutes. laughing

teamB_macro
we were watching lotr i think it was the second installment and these two girls at the back kept on yakking about how blue frodo's eyes were, how small the hobbits are, blahblah they just disappeared in the middle of the movie though

Darth Jello
Empire Strikes Back Special Edition- The films tears during the Battle of Hoth, the theater refuses to hand out free movie passes or refunds and instead makes everyone wait an hour while the new projectionist figures out how to reload the film and work the vertical hold.

Watchmen-Midnight premier. The theater loads the reels in the wrong order so we end up watching the ending and the credits in the middle of the film and it ends with Jon telling Laurie to dry her tears. The theater doesn't tell any of the confused people and pissed off people who haven't read the graphic novel what happened and just quietly hands out free passes.

Punisher-A 45 year old guy takes his 4 year old to a movie full of violence, nudity, and bad language and proceeds to call me "a ****ing irresponsible piece of shit" in front of his kid for using the word "ass" within earshot before the movie.

Love Me If You Dare-My date and I get busted half naked in the car after the movie by the owner of the Walgreens behind the Landmark Mayan on Broadway, only to realize that half of the local band Loser Syndrome who had been playing at the Gothic down the street have been leering at us for the last fifteen minutes.

gobstakid777
i saw epic movie.nuff said

darthmaul1
Went to see matirx reloaded with a couple of friends, and these kids behind us kept saying ooooo when they saw something sexual. so when the chick is eating the cake and they do the crotch scene they were oooooooo. finally at the end while we were waiting for the trailer for revolutions they were talking again when it started and the 3 of us turned around at the same time, but we didn't plan this, and said would you kids STFU.

Also when i went to see GIJOE for the 2nd time some guy brought is 4 year old and he kept asking questions loudly, like is that GI JOE???

FistOfThe North
What really gets me close to losing it is when people lol during horror movies, especially when it's a serious horror movie, especially during a kill. And the more vicious the kill the louder the laugh. Girls/women especially excell at this. Especially teeny boppers. That's why i'll never go to a pg-13 horror movie ever, ever again. Me a my lady went to see either unborn or uninvited back earlier this year and man was it painful to be there with all those Myli Cyress and Jonas brothers fans. I just wanted to stand up and shout "Yo! Shut the fcuk up and watch the movie ya little shits, damn! Don't make me fcuking come down there, for real.." but i know that's what they wanted: attention. But that was the last straw.

I'm not saying be scared but to giggle loudly on purpose/laugh/and make follow up scary noises?

I also hate it when a scary part comes, like the creature or killer comes outta nowhere/with the loud sound and startles the crowd, and people laugh. That sh*t right there gets me just gets me nausious.

But you gotta try and keep your cool on the outside cause it's a movie and as an adult unfortunately you can't go around bludgening annoying kids that fcuk up movie experiences that you pay to watch in peace and quiet..

gobstakid777
saw disaster movie in theatres.need i go on?

Nemesis X
I saw Meet the Spartans...Nuff said.

gobstakid777
Originally posted by Nemesis X
I saw Meet the Spartans...Nuff said.
i feel ur pain

Nemesis X
i feel ur pain

I saw six people leaving during the middle of the movie and they never came back laughing

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Punisher-A 45 year old guy takes his 4 year old to a movie full of violence, nudity, and bad language and proceeds to call me "a ****ing irresponsible piece of shit" in front of his kid for using the word "ass" within earshot before the movie. laughing

Bloinky
I saw Enchanted.....................

gobstakid777
Originally posted by Nemesis X
I saw six people leaving during the middle of the movie and they never came back laughing
I literally felt my brain cells dying watching epic and disaster movie.I saw epic movie cause my friends wanted to go see it.needless to say,we only made it to the end cause we wanted to get our money's worth.disaster movie was because i was on the losing side of a bet..

KingD19
I went to see Batman Begins with my mom and dad, my mom asked my father a question during a loud action sequence(the batmobile sequence near the end), so she had to raise her voice, but she was still loud when it was over, so she quieted down and said sorry. But this fat white guy behind us kicked her chair really hard and told her to shut the F*ck up. I stood up and asked him if he had a problem with my mom, and he told me that the b*tch needed to shut the F*ck up. Long story short, I had to leave the movie early because I walked all up and down his ass for about 3 minutes, broke his nose, nearly broke his arm.

Darth Martin
That's what I'm talking bout right there! Show you ride..........

gobstakid777
Originally posted by KingD19
I went to see Batman Begins with my mom and dad, my mom asked my father a question during a loud action sequence(the batmobile sequence near the end), so she had to raise her voice, but she was still loud when it was over, so she quieted down and said sorry. But this fat white guy behind us kicked her chair really hard and told her to shut the F*ck up. I stood up and asked him if he had a problem with my mom, and he told me that the b*tch needed to shut the F*ck up. Long story short, I had to leave the movie early because I walked all up and down his ass for about 3 minutes, broke his nose, nearly broke his arm.
you sir,have just entered the badass hall of fame big grin

KingD19
I didn't go back to that theater for like a month, I was scared security would recognize me.

starlock
I think it was 92? Nightmare on elm street 3D...i was tripping on acid hard!..i mean tripping....i enjoyed the movie, those of us that were wacked out had a great time...when the movie ended and the credits came up......someone who was not whacked on acid(who was with us)...decides to start a fight with some idiots...well i remember when the cops came and i was put in the back of the cop car....from there...well i did not get into trouble...but a friend of mine was beat up by the cops...they took him away in the car and brang him back a little worse for wear.....thats what you get when your with idiots who open thier mouths.

siriuswriter
i hate it when people bring babies to movies. full stop.

most recent was when i went to see hp6 and saw parents bringing their teeny-bops and babies and eight year olds.

if you're reading the books to your kids, that's great. whatever.

but when you go to a full-length millions of dollars on effects film, then people will scream, and the music will be scary, and there will be loud, unexpected bangs and whistles.

babies do not respond well to these kinds of things.

Darth Jello
I literally felt my brain cells dying watching epic and disaster movie.I saw epic movie cause my friends wanted to go see it.needless to say,we only made it to the end cause we wanted to get our money's worth.disaster movie was because i was on the losing side of a bet..

I wanted to address this and ask if you or anyone else has a similar physiological reaction to bad or boring movies and lectures.
This has to do with my theory that blood flow is directly related to boredom regardless of what position your sitting in or for how long.

Stage 1: Your left leg false asleep

Stage 2: Your right leg falls asleep

Stage 3: the numbness goes up both your legs and settles at the bottom of your ass cheeks so you feel like you just sat down in some snow. You begin slowly dragging your ass in a circular motion and clenching your butt cheeks while lightly stamping your feet attempting to relieve the numbness. The effort is in vain but nonetheless feels really good for some reason.

Stage 4: Numbness extends full to your ass and across your taint. Your balls start tingling uncomfortably. Your bladder shrinks to the size of a newborn infant's and that piece of ice you let melt in your mouth during the previews is making you want to piss like a racehorse. This is the stage when you start to fidget and bother people around you who think you might have a serious neurological condition, be a criminal frotteurist, or have a paper wasp that flew up your pant legs.

Stage 5: The numbness spreads completely across your ass and goodies so that you feel like your wearing pressure stockings that have been filled with ice, Novocaine, and calcium oxide. You will also become inexplicably gassy making any date a true failure. At this point, you will not, nor will you particularly want to get laid for the next hour or so and if you try to stand up suddenly, you will fall forward and bust your nose on the seat in front of you.

Stage 6: You temporarily fall asleep with your mouth open and snore even if you have never snored in your life. When you make up, you will have a gross feeling in your mouth as if you haven't brushed your teeth in three months and have been using garbage water as a free substitute for Listerine and your head and face will ache like you got punched while sick with the flu. At this point you feel so miserable that you just want to go home, brush your teeth, pop a dayquil, sit on the toilet for 20 minutes, and then do something active.

Impediment
Toy Story 3.

I truly enjoyed this film, but only after I viewed it in the comfort of my own home on DVD.

A theater full of snot goblins cooing and yelling at the screen.

'Nuff said.

Rogue Jedi
The Fountain. My ex and I walked out.

itsjustaar
a grossly obese Will Smith fan coincidentally showed up when me and my mom and sister went to check out both I, Robot and I Am Legend. but that's not the creepy part.

it doesn't help that he had to sit behind us, either one or two rows behind us, munching what sounded like BBQ ribs and nachos. he'd pretty much shout quips about Will Smith "getting some", "doesn't play like that", and other stupid 'witty' banter throughout. the moment Will speaks, the fanboy had something to say.

when he showed up the next time, he was quiet... somewhat. wasn't so much of a problem as the old couple and the handicapped kid in a wheelchair who showed up, continuously asking questions out loud as to what's going on.

most of the other times, there'd be people who bring in their young babies or children to a film they're not really supposed to go into - prompting at least two minutes of crying. or someone sets the cellphones off.

the fanboy takes the cake, though.

literally.

heh.

siriuswriter
Bits of HP 7 pt. 1. Sitting behind us were that lovely combination of preteen/tween who still think the opposite cooties. So we got wolf whistles when : Harry takes off his clothes to dive into the lake; when Harry and Hermione danced, when Harry and Ginny kissed and "zipped,"
and, of course, the Locket scene.

It was not fun.

siriuswriter
Originally posted by Darth Jello
I wanted to address this and ask if you or anyone else has a similar physiological reaction to bad or boring movies and lectures.
This has to do with my theory that blood flow is directly related to boredom regardless of what position your sitting in or for how long.

Stage 1: Your left leg false asleep

Stage 2: Your right leg falls asleep

Stage 3: the numbness goes up both your legs and settles at the bottom of your ass cheeks so you feel like you just sat down in some snow. You begin slowly dragging your ass in a circular motion and clenching your butt cheeks while lightly stamping your feet attempting to relieve the numbness. The effort is in vain but nonetheless feels really good for some reason.

Stage 4: Numbness extends full to your ass and across your taint. Your balls start tingling uncomfortably. Your bladder shrinks to the size of a newborn infant's and that piece of ice you let melt in your mouth during the previews is making you want to piss like a racehorse. This is the stage when you start to fidget and bother people around you who think you might have a serious neurological condition, be a criminal frotteurist, or have a paper wasp that flew up your pant legs.

Stage 5: The numbness spreads completely across your ass and goodies so that you feel like your wearing pressure stockings that have been filled with ice, Novocaine, and calcium oxide. You will also become inexplicably gassy making any date a true failure. At this point, you will not, nor will you particularly want to get laid for the next hour or so and if you try to stand up suddenly, you will fall forward and bust your nose on the seat in front of you.

Stage 6: You temporarily fall asleep with your mouth open and snore even if you have never snored in your life. When you make up, you will have a gross feeling in your mouth as if you haven't brushed your teeth in three months and have been using garbage water as a free substitute for Listerine and your head and face will ache like you got punched while sick with the flu. At this point you feel so miserable that you just want to go home, brush your teeth, pop a dayquil, sit on the toilet for 20 minutes, and then do something active.

Everything except falling asleep. And then it sucks arse afterwards because my muscles the best, so I have to take, like, Hydrocodone to make sure the pain goes away. BLEARGHH

Nemesis X
When it's summer, never go to the movies while the air conditioners are not working. I had to suffer for an hour while watching Bruce Almighty.

I hate it when people drop their food on the floor right after a movie is over. What makes me hate it more is that the room's dark and I can hardly see what's on said floor. Sometimes, I almost stepped on nacho cheese, chips, and/or hotdogs. Doesn't anyone realize that there are trash cans right next to the doors?

General_Iroh
Halloween, they were reshowing it at the theaters in Gainesville a few years back, however I forgot somehow that college towns have an uncountable amount of douchebags, so throughout the movie we had the token group of dicks sitting directly behind us laughing throughout the entire movie. >_>
Also I can't remember what film it was, it was some comedy though, and behind me was a group of middle school kids who just thought they were the hottest shit in town and decided that they were going to make fun of the movie. Finally about halfway through my friend told them to shut the hell up and thankfully that was the end of it.
Worst experience ever, without question though was The Mummy 3, first of all it was the Mummy 3, which was bad enough as is. But there was this black couple sitting beside me and they would not shut up, I asked them like three seperate times to be quiet, but they just kept running their damn mouths, so I got security and they told them to be quiet. Well they kept going, so once again I got security, and they gave them a final warning. They were finally quiet for the last thirty minutes or so of the film, and then they decided that they were going to follow me out to my car, luckily the security guard saw them and told them to wait while I got into my car. Which was good, because I'm skinny and white and they were most definitely neither of those.

Darth Martin
LOL @ this thread. Full of so much win.

quanchi112
Second time I saw freddy vs. jason the lower part of the theatre broke into a fight.

There were over twenty people fighting. If it was the first time I saw the movie I would have jumped on top of the entire pile for mucking up the movie.

They ended up stopping the movie with cops arresting people. They restarted it missing a few minutes. I was steamed.

ADarksideJedi
We were trying to watch "Pirates at World's Ends" and we were all surrounded by a bunch of teenagers making out and making alot of noise.

coolmovies
When people come in and the movie has allready started they just get in the way when your watching

ADarksideJedi
Thats true!Or when they get up to get more snacks they just block the movie as they stand there.

siriuswriter
Long ago, I saw the Hunchback of Notre Dame in theatres. I remember it being really, really uncomfortable, because my family went with another family and all the adults were like - wow, this is a Disney Movie?

Anyway.

Mr. Rhythmic
I went to see Jackson's "King Kong" a second time, and when in the theater, there's an immediate announcement that they will not play the movie.
Waste of time that was.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.