Otesánek (Little Otik)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lil bitchiness
After seeing 'Grace' at this years fantasia fest, and being utterly disappointed with it (everything you see in the trailer is what happens in the movie - that's it), I have been told about this movie - Little Otik which had a similar idea as 'Grace'.

Synopsis:
When a childless couple learn that they cannot have children, it causes great distress. To ease his wife's pain, the man finds a piece of root in the backyard and chops it and varnishes it into the shape of a child. However the woman takes the root as her baby and starts to pretend that it is real. When the root takes life they seem to have gained a child.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF8SSyQi-2c

This is a fairy tale/horror/fantasy/animated movie that is very abstract and surreal but mostly just disturbing.

Has anyone seen this movie?

Dr. Leg Kick
Looks beyond strange. I haven't seen it, but now I'm interested in checking this out.

I'll give it a watch soon if I find it.

papabeard
Looks interesting.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Dr. Leg Kick
Looks beyond strange. I haven't seen it, but now I'm interested in checking this out.

I'll give it a watch soon if I find it.

Oh if you do end up watching it, be warned, it is extremely strange. Very abstract to the point of utter weirdness.

It is in Czech language as well.

It doesn't have 'special effects' but it was not supposed to, if you know what I mean.

Dr. Leg Kick
Talked to a friend of mine, he said it's not worth a watch unless you want to watch something thats going to confuse the hell out of you. He's kind of a realist, so the whole abstractness of the film probably threw him off.

Not sure if I'll watch this. If i get the chance, I will.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.