Cthulhu Versus Shuma Gorath

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SoulDevourer
big grin

CortSether
Shuma-Gorath may be based off of Cthulhu, but overtime writers have made Cthulhu to be ridiculous in power. He is said to last beyond eternity and older than the universe itself. It is said that when he wakes everything will descend into chaos.

If we were to compare Cthulhu to a Marvel character I'd put him close to TOAA. So, Shuma may be freakishly powerful especially in his chaos dimension, but Cthulhu is one of the top 3 dogs in the omniverse.

jasofisc
Originally posted by CortSether
Shuma-Gorath may be based off of Cthulhu, but overtime writers have made Cthulhu to be ridiculous in power. He is said to last beyond eternity and older than the universe itself. It is said that when he wakes everything will descend into chaos.

If we were to compare Cthulhu to a Marvel character I'd put him close to TOAA. So, Shuma may be freakishly powerful especially in his chaos dimension, but Cthulhu is one of the top 3 dogs in the omniverse.
what???? a ship smashed into his face and split it open. what are we using for sorce materal, i would figure that call of the cthulhu would be cannon. Further more cthulhu isn't even the strongest or of the highest possition of the elder gods.

Kris Blaze
Cthulhu isn't top dog in their multiverse....

He is -not- close to TOAA.

CortSether
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Cthulhu isn't top dog in their multiverse....

He is -not- close to TOAA.

Cthulhu can Summon Yibb Tstl, Yog Sothoth, and Azathoth, the big three of the lovecraft multiverse, whom together are more powerful than anything else from anywhere. The energy it takes to wake up azathoth would fry the solar system into burnt bacon. To move him destroys everything within dozens of parsecs, to survive him is impossible. Yib Tstll is all knowing but powerless, combined with azathoth who is all powerful but mindless, they are invincible, and with yog sothoth who is both all powerful and all knowing they are unbeatable, they would be two above the one above all. Able to decimate the omniverse like nothing ever seen before.

In his sleep Cthulhu granted this book the power to influence the omniverse, creating the undead, spreading his madness throughout the omniverse, and making him the most profilic being in the Omniverse, he is simply present in every multiverse, having a hand in all of them. He is one of the lesser powerful ones in the Lovecraft mythos, yet even its power is close to TOAA level, and with the combination of the others, TOAA is no longer TOAA if he meets them.

CortSether
Originally posted by jasofisc
what???? a ship smashed into his face and split it open. what are we using for sorce materal, i would figure that call of the cthulhu would be cannon. Further more cthulhu isn't even the strongest or of the highest possition of the elder gods.

The copyright for Cthulhu expired a long time ago so Cthulhu has appeared in everything from D&D to Penny Arcade. If Cthulhu is allowed to be printed in material, anything the writers say about him would be cannon.

Also, I know that Cthulhu isn't in the highest/strongest position of elder gods, yet he makes the Gods in Marvel look puny compared to him.

jasofisc
The copyright for Cthulhu expired a long time ago so Cthulhu has appeared in everything from D&D to Penny Arcade. If Cthulhu is allowed to be printed in material, anything the writers say about him would be cannon.

Also, I know that Cthulhu isn't in the highest/strongest position of elder gods, yet he makes the Gods in Marvel look puny compared to him.

um ok i understand that others are making storys about him but that doesn't make it cannon. that like talking about hercules (mythic) and adding in feats from marvel and dc herc and the legendary journeys.

what are you using as sorce materal and cannon?

i don't think you understand TOAA and how powerfull he is. since he can destroy the omniverse on a whime.

jasofisc
Cthulhu can Summon Yibb Tstl, Yog Sothoth, and Azathoth, the big three of the lovecraft multiverse, whom together are more powerful than anything else from anywhere. The energy it takes to wake up azathoth would fry the solar system into burnt bacon. To move him destroys everything within dozens of parsecs, to survive him is impossible. Yib Tstll is all knowing but powerless, combined with azathoth who is all powerful but mindless, they are invincible, and with yog sothoth who is both all powerful and all knowing they are unbeatable, they would be two above the one above all. Able to decimate the omniverse like nothing ever seen before.

In his sleep Cthulhu granted this book the power to influence the omniverse, creating the undead, spreading his madness throughout the omniverse, and making him the most profilic being in the Omniverse, he is simply present in every multiverse, having a hand in all of them. He is one of the lesser powerful ones in the Lovecraft mythos, yet even its power is close to TOAA level, and with the combination of the others, TOAA is no longer TOAA if he meets them.

references?

Survivor19
No one is above TOAA. Because he is above them all.

Creshosk
since he can destroy the omniverse on a whime.

Would you guys quit using that word like its a buzz word. The universe we're in is part of the omniverse. So unless you think that these guys can effect our world the way you're talking about, stop.

jasofisc
Originally posted by Creshosk
Would you guys quit using that word like its a buzz word. The universe we're in is part of the omniverse. So unless you think that these guys can effect our world the way you're talking about, stop.

you know i meant every universe they have access to. if you didn't then, I guess i should have explained better.

Creshosk
you know i meant every universe they have access to. if you didn't then, I guess i should have explained better. That's what the term Megaverse was coined for.

jasofisc
That's what the term Megaverse was coined for.

i thought megaverse omni verse and multiverse were the same term

Creshosk
i thought megaverse omni verse and multiverse were the same term Nope.

A multiverse contains an infinite number of universes, a megaverse contains an infinite number of multierses and everything is contained within the omniverse.

At the same time its not really that clean and orderly.

for example, the mattel multiverse is contained within the marvel megaverse.

This includes the universes dealing with G.I. Joe. and Transformers comics universes. Naturally it bleeds out of the marvel megaverse since it goes out of marvel's designated area of the stories they're allowed to tell of the events that occur within the mattel multiverse. (I.E. they don't produce the movies or cartoons)

There's some overlap with the marvel multiverse of course.
seen in this crossover

jasofisc
Nope.

A multiverse contains an infinite number of universes, a megaverse contains an infinite number of multierses and everything is contained within the omniverse.

At the same time its not really that clean and orderly.

for example, the mattel multiverse is contained within the marvel megaverse.

This includes the universes dealing with G.I. Joe. and Transformers comics universes. Naturally it bleeds out of the marvel megaverse since it goes out of marvel's designated area of the stories they're allowed to tell of the events that occur within the mattel multiverse. (I.E. they don't produce the movies or cartoons)

There's some overlap with the marvel multiverse of course.
seen in this crossover

well thank you fr the clearfication

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.