Star wars The old republic.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wolverine2179
Ok this isn't a discussion about the game but i created this thread to find out who would be interested in playing the game.

And if so, would it be a good idea(assuming most of us in the SWV KMC plays this game) to create a guild(or what ever its called) consisting of mostly members from here?

I think that would be fun but if so, who would you choose to be in the old republic game?

Slash_KMC
I've also been thinking about this. But I try not to get too excited about it, because it's still soooo far away.

As for classes that are available now? Probably smuggler. I don't like to be the serious guy like a Trooper or a Bounty Hunter. I personally think that the Smuggler dialogue will be much more amusing.

Plus, I prefer the Republic to the Sith Empire (god, whoever was stupid enough to call it the Empire, no points for originality). But I'd rather be neutral as I like neither side too much and Smuggler's aren't as loyal as the Troopers.

"Above all else, Smugglers make their own destinies. Despite their affinity for credits, Smugglers have been known to turn down lucrative opportunities when the clients have demanded too much control."

Dr McBeefington
The storyline by itself is among the best in the SW universe..If you ignore CONTINUITY. It retcons the True Sith Empire, and is ridiculously similar to the Emperor and the Galactic Empire.. Now the Star Wars writers will have to rewrite ALL of the Star Wars materials stating that their prediction that the sith died out from 3900BBY-2000BBY, was utterly wrong.

Wolverine2179
How did it retcon the true sith empire? Or do you mean it was retcon due to the true sith being consisted of mostly humans?

But what ever it did to the SW timeline i guess its forgivable because the game is going to be awesome(its made by bioware) and very immersive.

Dr McBeefington
Originally posted by Wolverine2179
How did it retcon the true sith empire? Or do you mean it was retcon due to the true sith being consisted of mostly humans?

But what ever it did to the SW timeline i guess its forgivable because the game is going to be awesome(its made by bioware) and very immersive.

Originally, the True Sith Empire was considered the descendants of Adas who decided to move out into the Unknown regions, while other sith stayed on Korriban, Ziost, and the rest of Sith Space. The sith that stayed ended up being conquered by the Jedi Exiles. The sith that left thousands of years before the arrive of the Exiles were considered the "True Sith". This was retconned in the new game.

Wolverine2179
Ah ok. But i got to admit as exciting as the new game is i am not really that pleased how the true sith appeared to be.

Kreia, goto and sion(i think) made the true sith sound extremely terrifying and intimidating and all what we got was the true sith empire looking very similar to the galactic empire...

I don't know why bioware would screw that part up though considering that they are considered one of the best game developers out there.

but nonetheless i will get this game, what about you?

mattatom
Part 1 of the SWTOR game stuffs There are 4 parts watch in succession.

Wolverine2179
^Watched it a few days ago, that was what made me crave for SWTOR much more than mass effect 2.

mattatom
Jsut saw it come out today been following it closely since it was announced. Mass effect 2 is still top for me.

Wolverine2179
Mass effect is #2 for me. Used to be #1 until i got more info about tor.

mattatom
Mass effect is #2 for me. Used to be #1 until i got more info about tor. Since I'm going to Uni soon it's unadvisable for me to get TOR even though I want it.

Wolverine2179
I think its ok if you can manage your time, i doubt the game is going to be as time consuming as FFXI(trust me that game is super time consuming).

mattatom
I think its ok if you can manage your time, i doubt the game is going to be as time consuming as FFXI(trust me that game is super time consuming). I know, I've played it. Battlefront II Was consuming for me I couldn't put the damn game down.

Wolverine2179
Damn you played ffxi too? what job?

mattatom
Damn you played ffxi too? what job? Dragoon.

xxxpoppunker182
TOR will be sweet but if you guys wanna be in a guild what faction will you be republic or empire.

personally they make the jedi look like pussies so I have to be a jedi just to "take it back" if you catch my meaning.

Darth Truculent
Is this the online game? I put the trailer on DVD where the ship crashes into the Temple and the ensueing lightsaber battle.

mattatom
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Is this the online game? I put the trailer on DVD where the ship crashes into the Temple and the ensueing lightsaber battle. Yes it is. The latest footage is epic.

Dr McBeefington
Wow they even retconned the tomb of Ajunta Pall. Amazing. Bioware writers....Rendering every other piece of star wars literature completely moot.

Oh Jesus. THEY HAVE GRAND MOFFS. How the **** is George Lucas allowing this crap? This game shits on episodes 4-6.

mattatom
Originally posted by Dr McBeefington
Wow they even retconned the tomb of Ajunta Pall. Amazing. Bioware writers....Rendering every other piece of star wars literature completely moot.

Oh Jesus. THEY HAVE GRAND MOFFS. How the **** is George Lucas allowing this crap? This game shits on episodes 4-6. Yeh I saw that, I am not happy about it, he even mentioned Tarkin there!

Lord Lucien

Oh Jesus. THEY HAVE GRAND MOFFS. How the **** is George Lucas allowing this crap? This game shits on episodes 4-6. That's it. I can't handle this crap, I'm out. Screw those guys.

Visually and cinematic-wise, that game looks amazing. But they're getting ridiculous all-round. F*ck the Old Republic, I'm gonna content myself on waiting for Battlefront 3, 'cause God knows KotOR's done for.

EDIT: Jesus... Republic assault droids modelled after Stormtroopers attacking an "Imperial" ship whose captain was killed for not taking orders from a Grand Moff. If my keyboard wasn't so expensive I'd be bashing my head off it.

Slash_KMC
Emperor, Moffs, Stormtrooper look-alikes... Are they freakin' kidding?

What are they trying to do, copy every element from the Empire?

Wolverine2179

Oh Jesus. THEY HAVE GRAND MOFFS. How the **** is George Lucas allowing this crap? This game shits on episodes 4-6. You do know that bioware was the creator of the first kotor game right?

And korriban has always been retconned, just compare kotor's korriban to jedi academy korriban...

But seriously im glad they redesigned korriban in the new MMO, i HATED the design of korriban in the original game.

Originally posted by mattatom
Dragoon. Samurai 75 here smile FFXI is just to bland for me now after playing it for so long.

I don't care that they made it similar to the galactic empire, i care that the game is what they are really promising us.

mattatom
Yeh I know what you mean, I've been playing on my 360 mostly now. Hardly any of my friends are active which blows.

xxxpoppunker182
I like the new korriban i think it's fine

and yes they are taking stuff from the OT and palpatines empire because I'm fairly sure that in GL's world the sith ruled the galaxy as an empire before the movies took place hence sidious's line in EP3 "once more the sith shall rule the galaxy."

Slash_KMC
It's not like the unoriginality and the lack of continuity will prevent me from playing the game. The game looks great TBH, but you know, Han shot first.

Wolverine2179
Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182

and yes they are taking stuff from the OT and palpatines empire because I'm fairly sure that in GL's world the sith ruled the galaxy as an empire before the movies took place hence sidious's line in EP3 "once more the sith shall rule the galaxy." I agree here.

I actually love the new korriban design.

But then again the entrance to ajunta palls tomb we saw in the video may be another entrance and not the one we saw in the original kotor game.

xxxpoppunker182
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
It's not like the unoriginality and the lack of continuity will prevent me from playing the game. The game looks great TBH, but you know, Han shot first.

Heck ya he did screw greedo.

Dr McBeefington
Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182

and yes they are taking stuff from the OT and palpatines empire because I'm fairly sure that in GL's world the sith ruled the galaxy as an empire before the movies took place hence sidious's line in EP3 "once more the sith shall rule the galaxy."

Palpatine's empire was supposed to be the first and only one of its kind. They're just copying Episodes 4-6 verbatim, it's sad. These guys can't come up with any new storyline. Losers..

And when Palpatine claimed the Sith shall once more rule the galaxy, he was referring to the Ancient Sith who ruled sith space.

xxxpoppunker182
Palpatine's empire was supposed to be the first and only one of its kind. They're just copying Episodes 4-6 verbatim, it's sad. These guys can't come up with any new storyline. Losers..

And when Palpatine claimed the Sith shall once more rule the galaxy, he was referring to the Ancient Sith who ruled sith space.

That could be true but where is that stated?

Dr McBeefington
It wasn't stated but it was implied. This whole Star Wars game is nothing more than a replica of the Galactic Empire, but with more sith.

Slash_KMC
I'm at the point of looking past that and just looking at the cool new things. The escape pods breaching the hull were looking pretty damn cool in the walkthrough.

xxxpoppunker182
Ya i totally agree.

But GL doesn't care about the ancient sith or any of that EU so I doubt that he was thinking of them and their empire when he wrote sidious's line saying once more the sith shall rule the galaxy.

Dr McBeefington
GL not caring was a problem before this game, but blatantly copying his original masterpiece is just ridiculous.

xxxpoppunker182
I think GL has input in this game and I do agree it's completely unoriginal but they are trying to get a bigger fan base and by making it like the OT the could attract an older audience.

mattatom
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
I'm at the point of looking past that and just looking at the cool new things. The escape pods breaching the hull were looking pretty damn cool in the walkthrough.
Aye they were Slash. I especially liked the Smugglers combat and cover mechanics.

Anakin4Ever
I've noticed it's like the same 12 or so people who are on the Star Wars Forums. That's kind of sad.

truejedi
Originally posted by Anakin4Ever
I've noticed it's like the same 12 or so people who are on the Star Wars Forums. That's kind of sad.

porque?

mattatom
I've noticed it's like the same 12 or so people who are on the Star Wars Forums. That's kind of sad. Said the pot to the kettle?

Red Nemesis
Guys, he's proving how pwn and win he is by... poking fun at the users of a service he himself is using? Hypocrisy is ironic, but it isn't particularly funny.

Slash_KMC

I'm... sorry?

By the way, 12 people? That's a lot.

Wolverine2179
Just ignore the hypocrite.

Darth Truculent
Do you have to pay to enter the game?

Slash_KMC
There's probably a monthly fee.

mattatom
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Do you have to pay to enter the game? Yes it's a subsciption.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.