What's your favorite weapon?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ms.Marvel
Can be any type of weapon; guns swords sticks w/e. all i ask is that you be specific. "my favorite weapon is a sword" doesnt really cut it... what type of sword? stick out tongue

anyway my favorite weapon is the AK-103 machine gun!

http://kalashnikov.guns.ru/models/ka126.html

by far my favorite gun of all. The 103 is more accurate and has better range then the iconic 47 but still packs a badass punch with its 7.62 rounds! in addition it has the durability that the AK line is famous for. imo its a much better rifle then anything the states have come up with... especially the pussy m16 and the even worse... M4 sick

so.. what about you guys? big grin

AngryManatee
Either the MG42 or the M-60 for machineguns. Gatling Guns are another favorite, the GAU-8 Avenger on the A-10 in particular.

The NTW-20 "Anti-Material" rifle is pretty enticing as well.

Ms.Marvel
the m60 is awesome! i prefer the M249 though personally because im not a fan of those big cumbersome MG's. big grin

ive never heard of the GAU-8 but i just looked it up and that thing looks badass. =O

Wei Phoenix
Halberd, preferably the Chinese type.

Rogue Jedi
http://www.policeman.sk/Guns%20for%20website/Winchester_Defender.jpg

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
the m60 is awesome! i prefer the M249 though personally because im not a fan of those big cumbersome MG's. big grin

ive never heard of the GAU-8 but i just looked it up and that thing looks badass. =O

I'm afraid of ever lying, cheating or stealing from you. I would say breaking your heart but even if that happened, you'd never try to kill the Phoenix!

Seriously, woman with an intimate knowledge of guns usually scares and excites me.

RaiTei
handgun: M1911, berreta (hollow-points, and auto-fire custom ONLY), Five-SeveN
sub-machine: MP5
machine gun: Steyr
knives: Ka-bar
sword: zweihander. katana

honorable mentions: repeating crossbows, throwing knives, bow-arrow, broad sword

Lord Lucien
A gladius or a Renaissance longsword.

Placidity
What can I say, the good ol' USP45 Tactical

occultdestroyer
Glock 18C with standard 33 round capacity.

Or the Kel-Tec P11 (just coz I own one haermm)

Rogue Jedi
12 guage, dude, 12 guage.

Placidity
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
12 guage, dude, 12 guage.

Yea, but you spelled it wrong, both times stick out tongue

Darth Jello
Katana. Nice and balanced, not too heavy and feels good in the hands. Most modern fencing swords either feel to loose (foil, eppe) or two unwieldy (sabre). Not really a fan of any European swords cause they tend to be either too heavy or straight bladed which just makes me feel waaaaay off balance. Almost drunk.

I don't really have a preference in terms of models when it comes to archery, but I like traditional composite bows much more so than compounds bows. I feel like compounds are are large but deceptively light, which has always thrown off my aim and posture.

My high school was near a gun range so I've shot hand guns and rifles on occasion but typically was too disinterested to develop an affinity for a specific model. I do prefer hand guns to rifles though.

inimalist
http://keeptonyblairforpm.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/suicidebomberkid.jpg

Robtard
Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle with a compass in the stock and this thing that tells time, that.

Symmetric Chaos
G2 Contender with 12" Barrel

Robtard
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
G2 Contender with 12" Barrel

12" eh? Sounds like someone is seriously trying to overcompensate for something, just saying.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Robtard
12" eh? Sounds like someone is seriously trying to overcompensate for something, just saying.

Yeah, the poor accuracy of production handguns no expression

WhoopeeDee
My trustee Batarangs!

inimalist
I have favorite rounds more than favorite guns, lol

For instance, any .50 cal sniper rifle can take the Raufoss Mk211 armor piercing, high explosive/incendiary rounds would be my "favorite".

or, any assault rifle that can take the 5.45 mm soviet rounds (though, the AK-74, just for the punch).

MildPossession
This beats everything.

http://www.justpink.com.au/files/SRF2UDJAWD/thumb_fg5.jpg

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by MildPossession
This beats everything.

http://www.justpink.com.au/files/SRF2UDJAWD/thumb_fg5.jpg

IN THE NAME OF THE MOON!

Ms.Marvel
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix

Seriously, woman with an intimate knowledge of guns usually scares and excites me.

i bet it pains you to know then...

that im actually a DUDE! shock

you have a 50. cal thats just layin around? wtf lol. thats awesome!

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Placidity
Yea, but you spelled it wrong, both times stick out tongue Duznt matter, click clack BOOM. smile

inimalist
you have a 50. cal thats just layin around? wtf lol. thats awesome!

lol, no

I'm not even sure if they are legal here

but, one day, when I have my bunker...

actually, I'd really only want one of those for the anti-materials ammo I was talking about. One of the police style tactical sniper rifles, the ones more accurate at 300-500m, as opposed to 1000+, would be more my preference.

lol, I guess favorite weapon is highly related to what you want to kill, no?

Dr. Leg Kick
I think they call it a one man army
http://www.yorkblog.com/mma/fedor_emelianenko.jpg

BruceSkywalker
my samurai swords, sais and three glocks

RaiTei
batarangs.
close thread.

Ms.Marvel
i can beat a batarang with an AK-103. smile

FistOfThe North
A glock 17 semi-automatic pistol.

A black one. Two of 'em.

RaiTei
hah! not when you are a master of batarang! batman

Darth Jello
Am I the only one here who's used something outside of a video game?

dadudemon
Mine would be the mini-nuke.

Or the nuke artillery round. Simply awesome. big grin

Originally posted by Darth Jello

Are you implying that you're not a nerd?

Lies I say. LIES! laughing

Symmetric Chaos

Bow, Paintball Gun, Throwing Knives, Atlatl, Flyswatter

Ms.Marvel
my cousin taught me how to throw a knife. shrug

Darth Jello
I'm implying that the weapons preferences I listed were based on real world experience, training, and sport. I don't think you can buy a mini nuke at wal-mart.

dadudemon
I'm implying that the weapons preferences I listed were based on real world experience, training, and sport. I don't think you can buy a mini nuke at wal-mart.

That's just absurd. You can to. I bought a 6 pack, Thursday.

What CAN'T you buy at Wal-Mart?

AHA!

And, my real world experience comprises of various rifles and bows. I have MAYBE shot 3 different handguns.

Robtard

I've fired a few different guns and rifles. Hunting bow too.

Mindship
That I've used? Bow. Whip.
That ever was? Boomerang. Tzar Bomba.

lil bitchiness
I'm with dadudamon on this one. While we're at devices for killing, nuke for me. It's a weapon and it's a favourite.
Applies to thread.

Nuking the whole sadistic psychopathic world and everything in it.

Back to the primitive...

Robtard
Don't lie, LiLB, it's really screaming "rape!", isn't it.

Digi
Fictional weapons aside (Green Lantern ring ftw), I'd have to go with a hard-carved bow. None of that fancy high-tech crap they shoot with today. Just straight Robin Hood sh*t.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
I'm with dadudamon on this one. While we're at devices for killing, nuke for me. It's a weapon and it's a favourite.
Applies to thread.

Back to the primitive...

Back when everything was wonderful and nothing bad ever happened and everyone was happy all the time and we never hurt each other and sickness was a minor problem that could be cured by a simple course of drugs.

Wei Phoenix
i bet it pains you to know then...

that im actually a DUDE! shock

Meh, we can still get married in certain states.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Back when everything was wonderful and nothing bad ever happened and everyone was happy all the time and we never hurt each other and sickness was a minor problem that could be cured by a simple course of drugs.

Since when was ever stated that our nature, history or existance was EVER wonderful? Back to survival of the fittest. Fittest survive, everyone else rots or gets eaten by something else.

Besides, we've overpopulated this earth as it is - bit of competition won't 'hurt'.

Robtard

Besides, we've overpopulated this earth as it is - bit of competition won't 'hurt'.

Not really, all 6.5+ billion of us could fit in 2/3rds of the U.S., with space.

No, that wasn't an invite to all you filthy mud peoples.

Ms.Marvel
this is true.

ive heard that every person in the world could actually fit into texas... dunno if thats true.

but i think the overpopulation is resource wise more then space. we have more then enough space.

Symmetric Chaos
this is true.

ive heard that every person in the world could actually fit into texas... dunno if thats true.

but i think the overpopulation is resource wise more then space. we have more then enough space.

Technically we have do have "enough" resources for everyone on Earth.

lil bitchiness
this is true.

Resource wise indeed.

Not really, all 6.5+ billion of us could fit in 2/3rds of the U.S., with space.

No, that wasn't an invite to all you filthy mud peoples.

Term 'overpopulation' does not refer to size or density of population but to the number of people in relation to the resources available.

Fresh water is running alarmingly low around the world, (yey Canada!!) and the food production currently is not sustainable in the long term, let alone the fact that population is growing still.

EDIT: I don't mean Canada is causing shortage around the world (yes, I am talking to you Robtard), but as far as i hear Canada has the largest reserves. YEY!

Ms.Marvel
yeah we need another world war or two.

hopefully itll happen in europe or asia again though. i like my geographical location.

lil bitchiness
I don't want anyone to die really. But it may be a good idea for population to start declining - in a natural way...less babies and all.

dadudemon
I don't want anyone to die really. But it may be a good idea for population to start declining - in a natural way...less babies and all.

As humans, in general, grow economically homogeneous, this may happen.

It is fact that the more money a family has, the less children they have.

Poor people make babies like rabbits. Sucks.

Ms.Marvel

weakling. albert wesker would have a thing or two to say about that!

Rogue Jedi
I think this needs to be categorized, like what is our fave weapon in certain situations...

Example? Zombie invasion. You are in your kitchen making Kool aid, and BAM the zombies are beating down your door.

inimalist
Fresh water is running alarmingly low around the world, (yey Canada!!) and the food production currently is not sustainable in the long term, let alone the fact that population is growing still.

more oil than saudi arabia and all of the world's fresh water

the rest of the world is going to run out of both of those in our lifetime...

dadudemon
I think this needs to be categorized, like what is our fave weapon in certain situations...

Example? Zombie invasion. You are in your kitchen making Kool aid, and BAM the zombies are beating down your door.

Grape Koolaid, to be exact.

And I would obviously have a chainsaw right on the counter for when I cut my bagels and peanut butter and jellies in half.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by inimalist
more oil than saudi arabia and all of the world's fresh water

the rest of the world is going to run out of both of those in our lifetime...

Indeed. Alberta could be the richest place in the world in our lifetime. Hah, Albertans. stick out tongue

The only problem is oil extraction of pure oil - as I understand it is mixed with something...ice or something?
I don't know, I'm just guessing now.

inimalist
Indeed. Alberta could be the richest place in the world in our lifetime. Hah, Albertans. stick out tongue

lol, or occupied, but I'm paranoid like that

alberta is totally the "south" of canada

The only problem is oil extraction of pure oil - as I understand it is mixed with something...ice or something?
I don't know, I'm just guessing now.

it has shale in it, just like sand and mud and rock, i think

so like, it costs 1 barrel of oil to produce something like 80 in Saudi arabia (I'm not sure of the figure exactly, it could be higher), but in the oil sands, its like 1 barrel for 2 or 3. Better technology and shortages elsewhere will make that more worthwhile, and I've even heard of plans to create nuclear powered fuel production facilities, eliminating the cost of oil to produce oil.

occultdestroyer
p4ebtj1jR7c

OMFG! Total annihilation.

gobstakid777
Tsar Bomba!

occultdestroyer
RNW3EBxfhbY

Look at the size of that ammo!!

That could probably kill Satan himself.

Ms.Marvel
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
p4ebtj1jR7c

omg i came. no expression

gobstakid777
p4ebtj1jR7c

god damn!I'd luv to see this in an action movie

gobstakid777
RNW3EBxfhbY

Look at the size of that ammo!!

That could probably kill Satan himself.
same as my above comment,accept it was used,in smoking aces,and it was destroyin!

saphiree95
Japanese butterflies

Ban Mido
http://www.kitsune.addr.com/Firearms/Revolvers/Mateba_Model_6.htm
The Mateba Model 6 Unica, Just cause I have an odd obsession with revolvers, this has always been near and dear to my heart. So that will always be my favorite. It also looks pretty epic being automatic and all XD

but this is a close second.

4EoJowwbhu8

Darth Jello
Has anyone mentioned the Molotov Cocktail yet?

occultdestroyer
http://www.serbu.com/top/super_shorty_870.jpg

Serbu SUPER-SHORTY

The best AOW available in the market.

AngryManatee
vXLRYf9EV2Y

.50 cal is such a pussy round :P.

gobstakid777
nuthin beats the ak

Dr. Leg Kick
Applies to thread.

Back to the primitive... The planet would take us out of the picture before we ever nuke one another.

I think, to be fair, the planet sees us as a mild threat. Something to be dealt with. And the planet can defend itself in an organized, collective way, the way a beehive or an ant colony can. A collective defense mechanism. The planet will think of something. What would you do if you were the planet? How would you defend yourself against this troublesome, pesky species? Let's see... Viruses. Viruses might be good. They seem vulnerable to viruses. And, uh...viruses are tricky, always mutating and forming new strains whenever a vaccine is developed. Perhaps, this first virus could be one that compromises the immune system of these creatures. Perhaps a human immunodeficiency virus, making them vulnerable to all sorts of other diseases and infections that might come along. And maybe it could be spread sexually, making them a little reluctant to engage in the act of reproduction.

Ms.Marvel
or it could just make the trees kill me.

gobstakid777
If we are talking bout a WMD, i would like an antimatter weapon

bogen
Katana-O
It's the same as a katana with some extra buckles n clips and usually some awesome scroll work along the hilt and scabbard.

Either that or my body big grin

mentalguy
M16A4, light, accurate and deadly. Its also the rifle ive got.

Sadako of Girth
"Phased plasma rifle with da forty watttttttttt rannnnnnnnnnnnnnnge?".

stick out tongue

Tattoos N Scars
Remington 12 guage pump action shotgun...modified to be fully automatic..."streetsweeper"..lol. I don't have a license to own class III weapons, but I sure would love to own one.

Tattoos N Scars
or it could just make the trees kill me.

Yeah, like in the movie, The Happening. That would be scary stuff. Trees and grass forcing me to kill myself.

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by AngryManatee
vXLRYf9EV2Y

.50 cal is such a pussy round :P.
lol I remember that! My fav weapon in Syphon Filter

inimalist
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c7/Raufoss.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/ff/Mk211_Raufoss.jpg

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/munitions/images/mk211-1.gif

Tattoos N Scars
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c7/Raufoss.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/ff/Mk211_Raufoss.jpg

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/munitions/images/mk211-1.gif

That would be a hell of an exit wound.

inimalist
The UN was going to, and might have actually, declare the use of such munitions against human targets to be a human rights abuse (lol, though normal .50 cal rounds aren't).

Its an anti-materials round. lets a guy with a rifle engage tanks, planes, gunships smile

EDIT: wow, terrible grammar there...

AngryManatee
Tsar Bomba big grin even though it was detonated at only half yield.

http://steynian.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/tsar-bomba-mushroom-cloud.jpg

The Dark Cloud
Money. Money is the most destructive and life ruining, power abusing weapon there is.

The Dark Cloud
Can be any type of weapon; guns swords sticks w/e. all i ask is that you be specific. "my favorite weapon is a sword" doesnt really cut it... what type of sword? stick out tongue

anyway my favorite weapon is the AK-103 machine gun!

http://kalashnikov.guns.ru/models/ka126.html

by far my favorite gun of all. The 103 is more accurate and has better range then the iconic 47 but still packs a badass punch with its 7.62 rounds! in addition it has the durability that the AK line is famous for. imo its a much better rifle then anything the states have come up with... especially the pussy m16 and the even worse... M4 sick

so.. what about you guys? big grin

So tell me...you're not really a woman are you.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by The Dark Cloud
Money. Money is the most destructive and life ruining, power abusing weapon there is.

I suppose if you dropped huge balls of gold from an orbiting satellite . . .

Ms.Marvel
So tell me...you're not really a woman are you.

just because i have more things on my mind then money does not mean im a guy sorry. smile

dadudemon
just because i have more things on my mind then money does not mean im a guy sorry. smile

confused confused confused

'Sup, Bitches. Long time no see. 'Tis the Blaxican here. I miss you guys and feel like a dumbass for leaving. sad

confused

hmm

Rogue Jedi
So tell me...you're not really a woman are you. I bet she's a hottie too yes

pollyanna03
hi i like swords,it looks cool

SEAL76
My choice is the Stoner 63A. I used this weapon in Vietnam. Accurate, light and belt fed. Firing 600, 800, 1000 rounds per minute it was deadly as can be. I used the short barrel Commando version with right hand feed from a box. All the SEALs that used it loved it. The M14 and the AK47 are two more great weapons.

Rogue Jedi
It all depends on the situation.

Robtard
It all depends on the situation.

A shovel, good for all situations.

Wild Shadow
arsenic... tasteless and odorless. it allows me to not get my hands dirty and not feel guilty when someone dies.

Rogue Jedi
A shovel, good for all situations. When reading your posts, yes.

Amazing Vrayo!!
Melee: Rapier
Ranged: Colt .357 Python

ArtificialGlory

Exactly.

AsbestosFlaygon
CT: M4

Terrorist: AK-47

Any team: MP5, AWP, Deagle

Wild Shadow
i want to get enough money to hire a hitman not a police or FBI agent disguised as a hitman but a real stone cold hitman to kill all the ppl in my life to have ever crossed me.

Ms.Marvel
that was random and seemingly unrelated

Wild Shadow
that was random and seemingly unrelated
it was about the use of money as a weapon. embarrasment

Ms.Marvel
oh! big grin

Rogue Jedi
.22 poodle shooter with a potato makeshift silencer.

Ms.Marvel
also a fan of MAG-7's. SMG sized shotguns ftw!

overlord
blaster

Rogue Jedi
also a fan of MAG-7's. SMG sized shotguns ftw! Hell yeah.

leonheartmm
the mind
katana

overlord
the mind, yes, that's a good answer =)

Rogue Jedi
T_dlAmBkr10&feature=related

NemeBro
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d17/summarieoflife/fists.jpg

All a real man needs. estahuh

Wild Shadow
http://www.kenlight.com/photos/tothepromisedland/feet.jpg

feet is all you need when ur a real man

Symmetric Chaos
The power to make people explode with my mind.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by NemeBro
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d17/summarieoflife/fists.jpg

All a real man needs. estahuh That, and a pulse rifle.

One Free Man
Sidearms:
.44 magnum (i got a chromed out one big grin)
.38 special.
.45 1911

Mk33
Rifles:
M4A1 cqb rifle (It's customizeable, aesthetically pleasing and ergonomic. that and ak-47 variants are for pussies.)
m700
g36c

Special Weapons:
m32

Melee:
Punch knife.
Scythe
battle axe
etc.

Deja~vu
Well my teeth have always been a fav. of mine.

comfort

Robtard
Anyone mention Chuck Norris' round-house?

Rogue Jedi
Anyone mention Chuck Norris' round-house? Yeah, but then someone mentioned Bruce Lee's right foot.

Robtard
Yeah, but then someone mentioned Bruce Lee's right foot.

Doesn't compare, Norris' foot has the ability to erase you from existence.

When Norris kicks someone, his foot travels at 'light speed x infinity', quantum leaps back in time and obliterates someone in that person's bloodline, thereby immediately erasing the kick-e from existence. /fact

Ms.Marvel
its true and it even works in the opposite. who do you think took out brandon lee? rubber bullet my ass D=

Robtard
its true and it even works in the opposite. who do you think took out brandon lee? rubber bullet my ass D=

One of the greatest cover-ups in history.

inimalist
Originally posted by One Free Man
that and ak-47 variants are for pussies.

or people who need to shoot through an engine block.

though, you have to admit, the 5.45mm soviet ammo in ANYTHING is going to **** something up

sxcommunity
my favorite weapon is my elbow and my knee... i can bring it anywhere :P

Rogue Jedi
A good old fashioned Buck knife.

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv341/jedibeastie2/Buck102BR.jpg

Never runs out of ammo, never jams.

One Free Man
or people who need to shoot through an engine block.

though, you have to admit, the 5.45mm soviet ammo in ANYTHING is going to **** something up
http://img.youtube.com/vi/mqaeX2KigSc/0.jpg
5.45 vs 5.56 It's practically the same caliber (+1% stopping force on the part of 5.56. The standard soviet ammo has a weird hole in the nose before the tip that causes it to be more likely to tumble, therefor giving more penetration and bullet durability, but shit-for-accuracy. This is caused by the bullets, not the gun, quite obviously, as you yourself stated.

5.56(.223) is bigger and definitely more accurate due to the fact that it embraces the old spin-like-a-football rifling. This results in fragmenting more often, and a more reliable and predictable bullet path. .223 also has more muzzle velocity, for the record.

Ergonomically, an M4 is way more customizable and shooter-friendly than an ak-47. It's also more accurate, as a rule, and offers higher range.

It's in your preference. If your a movie pussy who likes to spray n pray and watch everything in your spray n pray way disintegrate, ak47.

If you are a skilled and elite soldier who can take out targets systematically and tactically with little risk to yourself, m4's your gun.

inimalist
I was talking more about the poison bullet thing, soviet rounds tend to cause a lot of internal damage, or at least I've been told. I remember it being notoriously difficult to find references to the "poison bullet" thing.

lol, I really don't care, was just trying to get you a bit riled up. As I posted earlier, I'm really way more into that exploding-indcendary armor penetrating ammo than I am guns atm. Seriously, 50. cal rifles shooting tanks and jets.

To be honest, I'd expect the Americans to have designed a gun better than a soviet model from mid-century

Amazing Vrayo!!
I was talking more about the poison bullet thing, soviet rounds tend to cause a lot of internal damage, or at least I've been told. I remember it being notoriously difficult to find references to the "poison bullet" thing.

lol, I really don't care, was just trying to get you a bit riled up. As I posted earlier, I'm really way more into that exploding-indcendary armor penetrating ammo than I am guns atm. Seriously, 50. cal rifles shooting tanks and jets.

To be honest, I'd expect the Americans to have designed a gun better than a soviet model from mid-century poison bullets? kinda seems like overkill.

botankus
Originally posted by Deja~vu
Well my teeth have always been a fav. of mine.

comfort
Debs! You're alive!

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Amazing Vrayo!!
poison bullets? kinda seems like overkill.

It's a waste of good poison really.

One Free Man
There's no such thing. He's talking about the internal damage aspect of the AK47

Mindset
Well, a terrorist group in the US used hollow points with cyanide in the bullets.

One Free Man
The mujaheddin in the Afghan/Soviet War prized the 5.45 AK's when they could get them - they were the ones that nicknamed it "the poison bullet".

You would be loathe to find a 4.45x39 hollow-point.

Mindset
I was talking about AK rounds, I was just saying there have been "poison bullets".

One Free Man
Congratulations though, i didn't know that anyone thought that hollow points wouldn't do enough damage by themselves.
http://ammo.ar15.com/project/Self_Defense_Ammo_FAQ/DocGKRData/WoundProfilesAfterWallBarrier.jpg
the top one is a 9mm pistol round. That's right, like the small pistol round. Yeah, the wimpy one.

Bottom one is .308. Sniper stuff. Big load, small-medium bullet. Look at the difference in penetration.

The difference? The 9mm is hollow-point. If you don't get a hollow-point to go through your target so fast that it doesn't leave poison, you are some type of god. Terrorists are idiots.

Ms.Marvel

It's in your preference. If your a movie pussy who likes to spray n pray and watch everything in your spray n pray way disintegrate, ak47.

If you are a skilled and elite soldier who can take out targets systematically and tactically with little risk to yourself, m4's your gun.

what? laughing the only good thing going for the m4 is its accuracy. but simply being a marksman weapon doesnt mean its for "skilled and elite soldiers", especially compared to the AK. the m4 is a piece of shit, as was the m16 before it, and that point is made obvious in that the army is working on a new standard assault rifle, which is happening because whenever censuses are taken an extremely large percentage of troops state that their M4's frequently jam even in combat situations because the gun cant handle harsh conditions. the AK may be less accurate at a certain range but thats because it uses primitive mechanics, but those primitive mechanics are what allows an AK to be dragged under water, stomped into a mud bank, buried under sand, and still able to fire immediately upon squeezing the trigger, compared to the M4 and M16 which jam or outright even break if a little particle of dust gets caught in the firing mechanism. hell M4's have actually exploded from being forced to fire while partially submerged in water.

to illustrate his point and mine, this compares the m16 and ak-47, while the M16 is not the M4, they share the exact same weaknesses.

so id disagree about stating that the ak is for pussies, because the truth is that, preference aside, the AK is just a much better gun, whereas the M4 is a toy. if it wasnt then the US army wouldnt be looking to replace it, and it wouldnt have such a low satisfaction rating by soldiers who use it.

so, the correct statement to make is that if you want a gun that is practical and can actually win a battle, use an AK.

if you want a gun that is accurate, use an m21.

if you want a toy, use an M4.

if you want to be skilled, learn from history. the ak-47 was designed in 1946, and its been setting standards for what a good assault rifle should be for 60 years, kicking ass in the end of WW2, the korean war, kicking the M16's ass in Vietnam, and kicking the M4's ass in the middle east, where the M4 jams because some sand or blood leaked into the magazine.

Wild Shadow
you just upset me little lady... got me heated with ur opinion on wpns and the praise of the ak47

Ms.Marvel
not in the face not in the face sad

Wild Shadow
the trade off for the ak 47 is horrible accuracy and need to carry more rounds for it... is it more powerful? yes, but in combat when fighting more often then not you'll need accuracy especially when trying to take ppl out at a 100 to 200 yards a distance that is almost non affective to the ak... with a m16 you can still shoot accurately from 500 yards with a decent trained military personal..

the M16 does jam if you dont take care of it and you dont maintain good maintenance. but even when it does jam your trained to perform tap rack bang...

usually that takes care of the problem... nowadays we dont even worry about it with the type of combat we are involved in..

i wont lie i had my rifle jam on me three times during rifle range never did it jam on me in iraq with my two tours... i actually cleaned it every day checked it and had the armory break it down and hook me up with newer firing pins and barrels... and i traded magazine clips every few months so that i wouldnt ware out the springs and cause a chance of a round not locking in....

our rifle's ability is supplemented by our fighting skills accuracy and training to make up for the few times it might jam...

One Free Man
what? laughing the only good thing going for the m4 is its accuracy. but simply being a marksman weapon doesnt mean its for "skilled and elite soldiers", especially compared to the AK. the m4 is a piece of shit, as was the m16 before it, and that point is made obvious in that the army is working on a new standard assault rifle, which is happening because whenever censuses are taken an extremely large percentage of troops state that their M4's frequently jam even in combat situations because the gun cant handle harsh conditions. give me the censuses that state soldiers are complaining of the the modern M4A1's jam in combat situations.

I never stated the AK47 wasn't durable, but it's using primitive mechanics. Also, it's not that durable. Using your logic, the fact that the original winchester pump action is durable because it uses simple mechanics makes it better than the M4.

If you're dumb enough to fire any weapon that's waterlogged, you deserve this fate.

No they don't. The m16 in the video is from veitnam-era. The m4/m16a2 of today have undergone excessive tests and Improvements. Ever heard of a forward assist? Also, he says exactly what I say. The ak47 is a heavy unbalanced recoil poor-round-for-accuracy 50 year old gun. It has bad ROF and poor tactical adaptability.

they're planning on improving it yet again, not replace it. This proves that the m4 is an excellent weapon design that is adaptable to any situation and is also a great building platform for better variants. Oh, and soviet russia would be trying to outmode that hunk of steel and wood if they were still around. Too bad they aren't even a tactical military power anymore.

The argument is battle-axe vs Fencing foil. Do you want light, maneuverable, accurate, and adaptable, or heavy, inaccurate, poor rate of fire, and stuck in one form of existence. Sure if you mistreat the foil, you're going to break it more often than if you mistreat the battleaxe.
Bullshit, read up on your world history. Most casualties in Iraq are because of RPG's and hit and run tactics, not gun jams. M16a1 was a failure, of course, it wasn't tested for the rigors of veitnam, and just because a gun doesn't fail doesn't mean it succeeds if that was the case we'd still be using m1 garands and lugers. Just because it looks like the m4 doesn't mean it is the m4. Also, if you outrange your enemy, in any face to face combat situation, you pwned your enemy.

Ms.Marvel
the ak-47 can hit targets with the same efficiency as an m16 and m4 can at 150 yards, but youre right n that nowadays most firefights take place at around 300 meters or so.

one of the major complaints ive heard is that even with proper maintenance the m4 jams especially when the winds pick up. my cousins told me a couple of stories about what he and some people in his squad went through with their rifles as well. but i wonder if the gun works as well as you say it does why its so unpopular among soldiers. i thought it was an alright gun until l did a research paper on it a few years ago.

but truthfully if theres any type of combat in which the M4's strengths can be utilized ts the current theater...

Ms.Marvel
give me the censuses that state soldiers are complaining of the the modern M4A1's jam in combat situations.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9B8SUPG0&show_article=1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M4_carbine - see effectiveness

http://www.strategypage.com/dls/articles/U.S.-Army-Agrees-That-The-M-4-Sucks-12-4-2009.asp

etc. i can find more; theyre all over google.

huh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPbF0kKyc2c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FXK-VRkqqM

if youre dumb enough to fight in a war you deserve that fate, best weapon is to not fight at all.

no expression

"ifs", "buts", dont matter when it actually happens. and to say "you deserve your fate" is a ridiculous statement; i dont need to explain why thats such a stupid thing to say.

and in those "excessive tests" the gun has come in last place in every one of them. "poor tactical ability"? he doesnt say that at all lol, hell if anything he stated that the AK could be used in much more conditions than the M4 can. the m4 only has one specialty.

only because currenly their last few attempts to find different models altogether failed. research it if you dont believe me.

i want a gun that i know i can use efficiently in as many situations as possible. if there is a 100% chance that no matter what the skies will be clear and there is no strong winds and i will definitely be shooting at targets that will always be 400 yards away, then sure give me an M4.

i never said it did erm

because obviously in a combat situation things always go in a positive manner right? if you dont end up knee deep in muddy water, if you dont end up on your belly in a sand storm, if youre beyond the range of your opponents weapons, etc. thats not how life works. the m16 is a great gun! ... as long as you you dont use it in a rain forest.

Wild Shadow
i would hate for any soldier regardless branch to be owned due to equipment failure but, on the same hand the biggest well known instance when it did happen i couldnt find a fault with the weapon. the actual personal who were not properly trained in there weapon's handling were.... and the fate they received at the hands of Iraqi soldiers was a direct result of their incompetence...

it was the Chow Personal who got lost in the desert in iraq and were ambushed b/c they drove into a city alone without a convoy...

the actual military story was they didnt fire there wpns and the female admitted their wpns didnt jam but that they were not knowledgeable in there use which is why they were killed and she was taken prisoner...but that was not the story given to reporters i think she wrote a book where she admitted the truth..

the M4 collapsible butt stock was the weapon of choice when i was in iraq i wanted it so bad that i was sad the army got one and i didnt... i had to make due with having the armory hook me up with giving me a broom handle and a m203 and scope which i would alternate depending on my mode....but it was done mostly for looks and intimidation..

Ms.Marvel
laughing out loud did it work? id be intimidated by an m203

Wild Shadow
laughing out loud did it work? id be intimidated by an m203
naw.....most of the time i was just base security and when i did go out.. the civilians didnt really care.. and i sure as hell didnt want to fire it into a building window....

chances are i might miss with the angle of the fire...besides i really didnt want to fill out paper work for launching a grenade at a home and killing ppl...having to try and justify why i killed the guy and if i gave them proper warning and if they used all three escalation of violence b4 i fired...

besides ppl in that country dont give two S#@$'s....

the only ppl that were more afraid were my own damn country men in the chow hall.. eyeballing my piece as if they were 50 cent....

also being harrassed my Officers asking if i was allowed to have that on my wpn and when was the last time i shaved and if i was allowed to wear scarf and beanie since the winter season was over...

felt like going postal all on their @$$ when i would only get about 4 hours of sleep for like three days and being question and corrected by a officer guy who hasnt missed a meal since he joined the marines or ever left the wire.....and me getting my 1st hot meal in three days smelling like crap trying to get chow shower and sleep for a couple of days before going back out.

Colossus-Big C
the classic AK47

One Free Man
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M4_carbine - see effectiveness

understood, if you expose your weapon to 25 hours of firing in extremely dusty condititions without cleaning it, other weapons are better in the same situation.

and who in their right mind is going to do that to an m4 before firing it?
No, you don't waterlog your weapon or shoot it when it's submerged in water. Simple combat competence.
no expression
because Most of the jams can be attributed to a lack of competence and firing procedure on the part of the M4's user.

Oh I know. The competition in your tests, the xm8, melted after long bursts of automatic firing.

Yea, you're exaggerating the unreliability of the M4. 100 yards sounds like alot, but in a fire-fight between trained forces, that's extremely close.

If I ever want to misuse my weapon, abuse it, not clean it, rub it into a puddle of mud, fight amateur targets who are going to be less than 200 yards from me, and not follow proper loading procedure, sure. Give me an AK-47.

If I ever want to take my gun and not chuck a beautiful piece of machinery into the ground, and not submerge the weapon i'm going to be clinging to for the next four hours in mud, do clean my weapon daily and do learn proper firing procedure, then yes, give me an m4.

If I want to take that weapon and effectively engage my enemy at maximum distance, give me an M4.

who the hell are you going to fight in a rain forest? Hello, i'm off to the amazon jungle to hunt pixie frog! Sure, you know what, you trip and fall in amazon rain forest mud, please, by all means, pick up your old reliable inaccurate ak47 and continue walking while I take 2 minutes to wipe it off and run a cleaner rod down the barrel of my m4. Then when we engage the enemy I'll be sure and laugh and say "i told you so" when you can't hit a damn thing and I'm making long distance shots.

If you don't want to worry about complicated things like maintenance and cleaning, choose AK47 over M4.

The same can be said of any advance in technology.
If you don't want to have to worry about complicated things like oil changing and temperature watching, choose this:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/db/USDOT_highway_sign_bicycle_symbol_-_black.svg/653px-USDOT_highway_sign_bicycle_symbol_-_black.svg.png
over this:
http://www.zercustoms.com/news/images/Bugatti/Bugatti-Veyron-Pur-Sang-5.jpg

One Free Man

if you want to be skilled, learn from history. the ak-47 was designed in 1946, and its been setting standards for what a good assault rifle should be for 60 years, kicking ass in the end of WW2 I just noticed this, you moron. Ww2 ended in 1945. Ak47 was put into service in 1949. The red army didn't equip enough ak47's till 1956 due to receiver production problems; the korean war was over by then, because the korean war ended in 1953. So The ak47 was not used in 2 out of the 4 conflicts you describe.

Robtard
I just noticed this, you moron. Ww2 ended in 1945. Ak47 was put into service in 1949. The red army didn't equip enough ak47's till 1956 due to receiver production problems; the korean war was over by then, because the korean war ended in 1953. So The ak47 was not used in 2 out of the 4 conflicts you describe.

Look into the Temporal Cold War, you idiot.

Why do you think the Spartans held off a super-massive army for days on end at the battle of Thermopylae? They were armed with AK47's. Little known fact.

Ms.Marvel
I just noticed this, you moron. Ww2 ended in 1945. Ak47 was put into service in 1949. The red army didn't equip enough ak47's till 1956 due to receiver production problems; the korean war was over by then, because the korean war ended in 1953. So The ak47 was not used in 2 out of the 4 conflicts you describe.

i said it was put into active service in 1946 roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lord Shadow Z
I have a preference for blades so in that sense I like the rapier and the basket-hilted broadsword best.

If we are talking guns the M1911 pistol and the H&K G36 assault rifle(any variation) stand out just from a design point of view. The only things I've fired are airsoft guns... I tend to think if I fired a real gun I'd snap my wrist or something!

One Free Man
i said it was put into active service in 1946 roll eyes (sarcastic) world war 2 ended in 1945 and the red army (for a history lesson, the people who supplied and substantiated the majority of north Korean troops) didn't equip the weapon until 1956. Any way you slice it you're wrong.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>