Dark Reign

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
I'm surprised there is'nt a thread for this storyline got them for all the other various titles

I've been liking the event

Been following it with

-Dark Avengers
-Secret Warriors
-Dark Reign: Elektra
-Dark Reign: Fantastic Four (Tho its finished now that one)
-Dark Reign: Hawkeye
-Dark Reign: The Sinister Spider-Man

and for the various other titles that have been involved Punisher, wolverine.

whostheking
I have only read Avengers so far. Does this count as a big event like Civil War?

Kazenji
Which Avengers ?

whostheking
All of them.

jalek moye
Originally posted by whostheking
I have only read Avengers so far. Does this count as a big event like Civil War?
it is big event but its a different type.

Alpha Centauri
I've only been reading Dark Avengers and obviously the parts Deadpool's on-going crossed over.

I've picked up the Utopia issues, though, which obviously involves Uncanny X-Men #513/514, as well as Dark X-Men #1: The Beginning. I wasn't going to, but it's quite exciting.

I also have Dark Reign: Accept Change and Dark Reign: The Cabal one-shots.

-AC

jalek moye
its all right, but im hoping it doesnt end with some giant event starting up next year. I'd like this to stay for a little bit

Alpha Centauri
I hope the end it really well, but there needs to be a grace period, I agree.

There needs to be a time where the fallout of this (Which there NEEDS to be) is allowed to permeate the universe of Marvel. Otherwise it's just gonna be for nothing.

I hope the ending is good; this build-up is excellent.

-AC

Darth Jello
Based on previews, Norman's already severely underestimated the X-Men and he's about to do the same with Daredevil, which considering he's probably the least mentally stable superhero in marvel and the fact that Norman's got Bullseye on the team doesn't bode well for Gobby...

Kazenji
I like Lester running around in the Hawkeye costume and how he's stopped using bow for the arrows.

StiltmanFTW
Yeah, I like him as Dark Hawkeye too.

Black Adam
I've been enjoying sinister spider-man. thinking of reading Hawkeye.

Darth Jello
I've been hoping for Bullseye to finally tangle with Wolverine. The entertainment value would be incredible considering that they both have adamantium bonded bones (though a few of Bullseye's bones are merely reinforced, not fully bonded). Plus there's the fact that considering Lester's aim, skill, and sheer speed, if he were to get himself the tiniest sliver of one of Daken's new claws or just a shaken or sai made out of carbonadium, he could actually kill wolverine very quickly. Hell, he's always had a more frightening rep than even Sabretooth.

Kris Blaze
Dark Reign: Mr.Negative was brilliant.

BruceSkywalker
I hope Elektra gets another ongoing after this is over

outavodka
Announced at the 2009 Chicago Comic Con, Nate Grey will return in a five-issue Dark X-Men mini-series where he is the target of the team. How he returned to life is unknown at this time.

http://heroesnhunks.com/wordpress/2009/08/11/dark-x-men-vs-x-man-nate-grey-returns/

Kris Blaze
Outstanding!

ExodusCloak
The other two members are Mystique and Weapon Omega, looks good I always liked Cornell.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Man I love X-man. Can't wait for his return. From the interviews it seems his at his Shaman levels. Hope he stomps the Dark Avengers, and Sentry just for the fun of it.

I want to re-read his run so badly. Been wanting to do it ever since I heard he was returning.

Alpha Centauri
Can we keep stuff like this under spoilers please?

Jesus Christ.

Some of us do like waiting until we buy the comics to find out the plot.

-AC

outavodka
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

Jesus Christ.

-AC next time il have one just for you guy!

Original Smurph

Jesus Christ.
K.

Jesus dies. Don't worry though, he comes back.

willRules
Originally posted by Original Smurph
K.

Jesus dies. Don't worry though, he comes back.

That one's my favourite, although I spoil that one to everyone yes

tjcoady
Wow.

I honestly could not imagine anything I'd be less interested in.

Nate Grey (along with his kind of brother, Cable) is literally a symbol of everything terrible about nineties comics.

Kris Blaze

Jesus Christ.

-AC

That's going to be brutal on you. Do you want people to cover up the comic book covers as well? Seeing as the covers gives away actually more than this title's thread. I also wonder how you decide which comics to buy? The list of monthly solicits also includes greater spoilers than this.

Digi
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
That's going to be brutal on you. Do you want people to cover up the comic book covers as well? Seeing as the covers gives away actually more than this title's thread. I also wonder how you decide which comics to buy? The list of monthly solicits also includes greater spoilers than this.

It's still a valid complaint. Covers rarely reveal much. They're more to entice the reader rather than tell them exactly what happens. How many times have we seen "The Death of {insert character}" on a cover, for example, only to have no one die. Many examples like this can be found.

No, it's possible to avoid spoilers, but not when people have them in thread titles. It's not a strict forum offense, but is something we should be aware of and try to avoid.

As such, I edited the title. I realize some damage is done already, but it can hopefully serve as a reminder.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Digi
It's still a valid complaint. Covers rarely reveal much. They're more to entice the reader rather than tell them exactly what happens. How many times have we seen "The Death of {insert character}" on a cover, for example, only to have no one die. Many examples like this can be found.

No, it's possible to avoid spoilers, but not when people have them in thread titles. It's not a strict forum offense, but is something we should be aware of and try to avoid.

As such, I edited the title. I realize some damage is done already, but it can hopefully serve as a reminder.

Digi, the cover has X-man and only x-man on it.

I can understand AC's concerns about titles revealing something that takes place INSIDE a comic, but this is the cover. There is no way he can pick up the comic without knowing that Nate Grey returns. There is no way he locate the comic without knowing Nate Grey returns. Unless someone blindfolded him, took him the comic-shop and then handed him a copy, with the cover ripped off, might it not spoil. This supposed spoiler was awfully mild compared to the solicits.

Regardless, there's already a thread for X-men, one for Dark Reign titles and a forum for the X-men. This can probably be merged with one of them.

Digi
Digi, the cover has X-man and only x-man on it.

I can understand AC's concerns about titles revealing something that takes place INSIDE a comic, but this is the cover. There is no way he can pick up the comic without knowing that Nate Grey returns. There is no way he locate the comic without knowing Nate Grey returns. Unless someone blindfolded him, took him the comic-shop and then handed him a copy, with the cover ripped off, might it not spoil. This supposed spoiler was awfully mild compared to the solicits.

Regardless, there's already a thread for X-men, one for Dark Reign titles and a forum for the X-men. This can probably be merged with one of them.

That isn't always the case with covers, however, especially since I have seen "returned" people on covers that actually aren't. A perusal of recent Cpt. America or Batman comics is enough to tell us that. Regardless, not revealing spoilers in titles is still a good practice to adopt.

I'll consider the merge. Thanks for the suggestion.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Digi
That isn't always the case with covers, however, especially since I have seen "returned" people on covers that actually aren't. A perusal of recent Cpt. America or Batman comics is enough to tell us that. Regardless, not revealing spoilers in titles is still a good practice to adopt.

I'll consider the merge. Thanks for the suggestion.

No problem.

I just think there's a difference between "interview/article spoilers" and "inside comics spoilers" But I guess they do intermingle sometimes.

BruceSkywalker
interesting, but i will peruse the issue to see if i want to buy it

Digi
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t514567.html

Use this. Thanks.

Kris Blaze
KM came like 50 times in his pants when he read Dark X-men: The beginning 3

Rage.Of.Olympus
KM came like 50 times in his pants when he read Dark X-men: The beginning 3

4pXfHLUlZf4

laughing out loud

Alpha Centauri
When Osborn was dead...attheendofDarkReignhe JIZZED...IN...HIS PANTS.

-AC

TheOneFirestorm
I'll be interested to see Norman's explanation when it's exposed he's been sending out super hero imposters.

roughrider
What I like best about Dark Reign, is how the Pro-Registration heroes take it on the chin worse than anyone.
They believed so much that it was time for the government to take control of the hero community, supervise them? Well...nothing's changed with Norman Osborn in charge - the same principle applies. Apparently, it doesn't count when your hand-picked Avenger teammate isn't running the world?
But - Osborn is a sociopath, even while taking medication? They couldn't work for him? Well, he wasn't bad enough for Tony not to use him against the Atlanteans, and manipulate Civil War opinion in the direction he wanted - then give him a cushy job with the Thunderbolts later. That's why I'm enjoying seeing Tony's ruin right now (for a while), Reed Richards feeling guilt, and to see Miss Marvel shown up as a hypocrite.

kgkg
They need to bring back Baron Zemo.

willRules
Originally posted by roughrider
What I like best about Dark Reign, is how the Pro-Registration heroes take it on the chin worse than anyone.
They believed so much that it was time for the government to take control of the hero community, supervise them? Well...nothing's changed with Norman Osborn in charge - the same principle applies. Apparently, it doesn't count when your hand-picked Avenger teammate isn't running the world?
But - Osborn is a sociopath, even while taking medication? They couldn't work for him? Well, he wasn't bad enough for Tony not to use him against the Atlanteans, and manipulate Civil War opinion in the direction he wanted - then give him a cushy job with the Thunderbolts later. That's why I'm enjoying seeing Tony's ruin right now (for a while), Reed Richards feeling guilt, and to see Miss Marvel shown up as a hypocrite.

Totally. I mean Civil War itself had the ultimate weakness in the anti-reg argument, the New Warrior's incident. Now we get to see the ultimate weakness in the pro-reg argument: Norman running the show, seeking Tony out, partly for a list of registered names!

This has led many to speculate that the next event Now revealed to be entitled "Siege" will involve some kind of spiritual sequel to Civil War whereby Iron-Patriot is defeated once and for all by either Bucky Cap or the newly returned Steve Rogers.

Kris Blaze
It's not speculated.

The next title is confirmed to be titled "Siege of Asgard"

At least I'm fairly sure.

Alpha Centauri
These past few events have been amazing, in hindsight. It's all locked in amazingly.

If they cap it off with Dark Reign, that'd be great.

However, if they choose to PROPERLY end it with an event centred around Asgard and/or Thor, they need to make it brilliant. They can't do it the way Thor is now.

It'd make no sense having an Asgard-centred event with Steve or Bucky being the main hero.

-AC

Darth Vicious
Finally DR is coming to an end! About time the big 3 Avengers are getting back together.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/091007-Bendis-Siege.html

starlock
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Finally DR is coming to an end! About time the big 3 Avengers are getting back together.

FinallyHappy Dance

-Pr-
i wonder which cap they're gonna use...

Alpha Centauri
What is the point in them taking the time to write all these things if they're just gonna tell us what happens in them?

-AC

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by -Pr-

Nothing against Bucky but I want Steve. I wonder if this mean that there wont be any more extra titles (New, Mighty, Dark).

Alpha Centauri
Well, obviously when Dark Reign is over Dark Avengers will be.

I think Mighty Avengers will get the chop before New Avengers does, though.

-AC

Darth Jello
I hope they have a regular GLA book. I hope what makes all this unravel is Norman becoming the Goblin again and the public seeing that under his mask, Hawkeye has a reticule on his forehead.

roughrider

Thor is looking retro in the artwork. This a flashback to the better days first?

Darth Vicious
I dont think that pic has anything to do with the event. Just something to do use for the article.

willRules
Originally posted by -Pr-

I hope they have Bucky!!!!

-Pr-
Originally posted by willRules
I hope they have Bucky!!!!

what \\'/ said

Nothing against Bucky but I want Steve. I wonder if this mean that there wont be any more extra titles (New, Mighty, Dark).

Darth Jello
Originally posted by roughrider
Thor is looking retro in the artwork. This a flashback to the better days first?

Have you ever read a comic written by Stan Lee? It's amazing how much Marvel has improved and change considering that he writes like a bad Star Trek writer moonlighting as a writer for the 60's Batman tv show.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Have you ever read a comic written by Stan Lee? It's amazing how much Marvel has improved and change considering that he writes like a bad Star Trek writer moonlighting as a writer for the 60's Batman tv show.

Shut the **** up no expression

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by starlock
FinallyHappy Dance

What you mean finally? Im gonna miss DR.

Darth Jello

Settle down there, Spider-friend.

Alpha Centauri

If Stan Lee is a genius at creating stories and premises, but as far as dialogue, he's not really good at all. Not compared to what we have today.

If he were writing anything on Dark Reign, it would seem inherently ridiculous.

-AC

Kazenji
WHatst the deal with the Dark Reign: Hawkeye book the last part does'nt come out until next year now.

tjcoady
Did you read the Stan Lee part of the recent Spiderman 600?

It was funny, well written, and enjoyable... it was for sure a bit hard to read and ridiculous....

But I'm tired of people being down on Stan Lee. Read a nineteen-forties comic- extreme overuse of narrative captions, bizarrely explanatory word ballons, and disgustingly overused motivations. Stan Lee made comics vibrant and interesting. Obviously, a lot of that was the innovations Ditko and Kirby used, but I'm not alright with the past eight or so years of Lee bashing.

It's time to recognize what he did to make comics actually be able to hold their own against literature.... and what that was, was introducing motivation, continual storylines, and differences in character across the universe.

I mean, read "Starman" "Superman" or "Batman" in the forties. Other than powers and villains, they're identical.

Stan Lee changed that. People say he can't write dialogue, but he gave voices to characters that still carry over till today. When Spiderman or Thor or Mr. Fantastic talk in dialogue that doesn't "sound like them," you're talking about the way Stan wrote them.

Alpha Centauri
Who is bashing Stan Lee? I certainly am not.

-AC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.