Batman vs. John McClane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
There, Rob. I did it. Eat my ass.

Batman (Bale) infiltrates the Nakatomi Plaza trying to save everyone from Gruber's gang. John sees Batman and doesn't know what the f*ck to think. Batman sees John and thinks he is one of the terrorists. John advances on Bats armed with a Beretta 92F 9mm pistol and the HK94 he had when he was talking shit to Hans via the walkie talkie.

Batman has all of his standard equipment and armor. Duh.

Impediment
This the H&K94 model:

Rogue Jedi
Bat goes down. Mac drops him with a head shot.

gobstakid777
batman assrapes mcclane and then throws him down an elevator shaft

Rogue Jedi
Seasoned ass kicking cop advancing on Batman with a full auto submachine gun? Dude, get real. Batman eats a lead salad.

Impediment
He has armor, you know. And he's very versatile. I'm sure he could, very much like John did, tuck and roll to find cover in a skyscraper full of obstacles.

Rogue Jedi
And John can do the same. Bat pokes his head out, BLAM, indo story.

Impediment
I think Batman would be smarter than that, Johnny boy. I mean, c'mon.

Rogue Jedi
He's gotta close the gap, get up close and personal to take McClane down. Not gonna happen.

Batman would lose to: McClane, Riggs, Swagger, Mills, Leon, Ghost Dog, hell, even Murtaugh.

Impediment
I seriously think that you are not giving Batman due credit. I mean, Murtaugh?

Robtard
Despite Robtard's self-induced McClane fanboyism, he will not commit himself to an indefensible position.

Having said that, it should be noted that Batman makes a habit at taking out multiple armed men sans any guns of his own.

Mairuzu
Bats sees mcclane.

Bats vanishes from mcclanes sight.

Bats come behind mcclane and pwns him.

gobstakid777
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Seasoned ass kicking cop advancing on Batman with a full auto submachine gun? Dude, get real. Batman eats a lead salad.

he gets by on pure luck.and bats will make sure his luck runs out

Impediment
While John McClane is one bad mutha f*cka, I have to agree, he is, as Gobsta said, one of cinema's luckiest characters.

Robtard
Originally posted by Impediment
While John McClane is one bad mutha f*cka, I have to agree, he is, as Gobsta said, one of cinema's luckiest characters.

And resourceful.

gobstakid777
bats is even more resourceful.and he can pull off all of mcclanes feats w/o needing luck,cause he has skill

Kaibs
However if he has his current bat armor hes no longer fully bulletproof because he wanted mobility remember? And a submachine gun will carve his ass up.

gobstakid777
Originally posted by Kaibs
However if he has his current bat armor hes no longer fully bulletproof because he wanted mobility remember? And a submachine gun will carve his ass up.

how much people has bats faced w/ machine guns
bats will pull sumthin like he did in batman begins,
john will confront the terrorists and just as the fight is about to begin,the lights go off,and bats starts pickin them off raptor-style

but seriously,couldn't bats just throw a batarnag at john and in the seconds john is tending to his hand,bats runs up and punches him in the face

Kaibs
How many of those fools had the luck McClane has, and not to mention John isnt a horrible shot like those noobs were. Bats has no knowledge of the buildings blueprints he cant just cut the lights like he did in Japan. He's thrown in there, it didnt say he had prep or anything.

gobstakid777
like i said.batarangto the hand.split second later sumthin of this variety will happen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tXEEZE0rqM
sasquatch=batman
guy=mcclane

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Kaibs
How many of those fools had the luck McClane has, and not to mention John isnt a horrible shot like those noobs were. Bats has no knowledge of the buildings blueprints he cant just cut the lights like he did in Japan. He's thrown in there, it didnt say he had prep or anything. Exactly. McClane is a deadeye shot, and is in his element here.

Batman always faces guys who cant shoot for shit.

BruceSkywalker
Batman hears the click of the submachine gun, takes out lights, finds McClane, one shots him and tells him no more Die Hard films

gobstakid777
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Batman hears the click of the submachine gun, takes out lights, finds McClane, one shots him and tells him no more Die Hard films
Exactly what I'm trying to say

gobstakid777
2 possible ways this fight will go
john will either be ko'ed or ,if he pisses bats off with one of his one-liners, he will be choking on fragments of his skull

Dr Will Hatch
How could John even see Bats? He's one of the stealthiest characters in fiction.

gobstakid777
yea, he'll pull a jim gordon on john while he's shooting and then as i said, john will be choking on skull fragments

Darth Martin
Batman wins.

Rogue Jedi
This is the reason I hate Batman, he is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY overrated.

Rogue Jedi
Read the OP, you knobjobbers:

John sees Batman and doesn't know what the f*ck to think.

McClane is gonna shoot first and ask questions later.

Batman sees John and thinks he is one of the terrorists.

It will be too late for the Bat, McClane will have seen him and unloaded on him. The new Batsuit is "More vulnerable to gunfire, DURH."

John advances on Bats armed with a Beretta 92F 9mm pistol and the HK94 he had when he was talking shit to Hans via the walkie talkie.

Again, he will have already shot Bat!!! Damn, you think McClane is gonna say "Hey, I an gonna WALK OVER to this guy and shoot him!!!" NO.....He is gonna open up full auto and shred Batman in seconds.

Batman dies quickly and painfully here, deal with it.

Dr Will Hatch
Do you honestly think Bruce will let someone with a hand cannon just stand there and shoot at him? Bats is stealthier than John is, there is no question about this.

Rogue Jedi
Do you honestly think McClane is gonna stand there with his thumb up his ass? He is gonna see Batman, assume he is a terrorist, and open fire right away.

Read the OP.

Dr Will Hatch
Depends on where exactly this is located. If he is on the upper floor where McClane killed one of the twins, possibly. A big maybe, because Batman has the sticky bomb gun. And he has better aim. Anywhere else and stealth works for him.

DarkNemesis

Darth Martin
This is the reason I hate Batman, he is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY overrated. Uhh, the only one overrated here is McClane. The fact that you think McClane can contend with Batman proves this.

BruceSkywalker
I DO NOT NEED TO READ THE OP , i have already and....

Rogue Jedi
I DO NOT NEED TO READ THE OP , i have already and.... What's that word I'm looking for..........Delusional.

Rogue Jedi

BruceSkywalker
What's that word I'm looking for..........Delusional.

don't think so and name calling is not good either...

Second just because Bruce Willis err McClane is capable of shooting Batman doesn't mean a damn thing.. Batman is NOT gonna just stay there and let McClane shoot him

Ms.Marvel
I DO NOT NEED TO READ THE OP , i have already and....

you honestly think he can move faster then a bullet can leave a chamber?

hahaha even comic book batman isnt that fast outside of his usual PIS riddled self.

Rogue Jedi
don't think so and name calling is not good either...

Second just because Bruce Willis err McClane is capable of shooting Batman doesn't mean a damn thing.. Batman is NOT gonna just stay there and let McClane shoot him Name calling? I am merely commenting on your insane theory that Batman had Daredevil like senses.

They "see" each other. This implies Batman is standing in the open. Mac aint gonna ask questions, he is gonna unleash a full clip of 9mm auto fire on him.

Batman has never, not once, faced a gunman even close to McClane's skill.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel

hahaha even comic book batman isnt that fast outside of his usual PIS riddled self.

yes I do.. watching the dark knight proves it.. I don't see Batman just standing given what Impediment said

Rogue Jedi

yes I do..

crylaugh crylaugh crylaugh

BruceSkywalker
crylaugh crylaugh crylaugh

haha ha ha ha

yes I do.. watching the dark knight proves it.. I don't see Batman just standing given what Impediment said

since i edited my post

gobstakid777
thumbsup
batman ftw

Rogue Jedi
You also dont see Batman facing a gunman anywhere near McClanes skill level, much less one armed with a submachine gun.

Your fanboy is showing.

gobstakid777
You also dont see Batman facing a gunman anywhere near McClanes skill level, much less one armed with a submachine gun.

Your fanboy is showing.

i thought dark knight and jokers performance to be vastly overrated
but still.in a split second,batman shoots the batarangs at mcclanes hands,dodges out the way,runs up while mcclane is tending to his hand,and feeds him pieces of his skull

Ms.Marvel
hes not dodging anything before the bullet leaves the chamber. nothing in the movies showed that he had the speed to do that.

if Mjohns gun is pointed at Batman and John pulls the trigger with the gun still pointed at batman batman is dead. the end.

now can batman escape into the shadows before john can aim at him? possibly. but hes not beating the bullet.

BruceSkywalker

Your fanboy is showing.

and what are you a fanboy of?

It is you who should actually read the OP again and again.. where in the OP does it state that McClane starts to fire the moment he sees Batman .. it does not state that..

you assume McClane has the drop on Batman , but it fact that is not the case

BruceSkywalker
hes not dodging anything before the bullet leaves the chamber. nothing in the movies showed that he had the speed to do that.

if Mjohns gun is pointed at Batman and John pulls the trigger with the gun still pointed at batman batman is dead. the end.

now can batman escape into the shadows before john can aim at him? possibly. but hes not beating the bullet.

what makes you think McClane even gets a chance?

Ms.Marvel
i dont know but i dont care either. im only referring to this:

do you know what youre saying here? youre saying that you think batman moves faster then a bullet moving at the speed of sound. that is extremely untrue and nothing in the movies supports that. batman "dodges" bullets by disappearing before the gun is fired. he doesnt dodge them after the gun is fired.

Dr Will Hatch
Wouldn't Batman have already deduced via logic and intel from Lucius Fox that John couldn't possibly be one of the terrorists?

Ms.Marvel
no he wouldnt because lucius only did the intel thing once and he vowed to never do it again... lucius isnt a constant part of bales team.

BruceSkywalker
i dont know but i dont care either. im only referring to this:

do you know what youre saying here? youre saying that you think batman moves faster then a bullet moving at the speed of sound. that is extremely untrue and nothing in the movies supports that. batman "dodges" bullets by disappearing before the gun is fired. he doesnt dodge them after the gun is fired.

actually no.. i am not saying that... in The Dark Knight Batman is taking care of business when he is beating up the folks with the guns..

now as I have stated.. Yeah McClane is capable of shooting Batman, but that does mean he is going to..

Ms.Marvel
actually no.. i am not saying that... in The Dark Knight Batman is taking care of business when he is beating up the folks with the guns..

now as I have stated.. Yeah McClane is capable of shooting Batman, but that does mean he is going to..

then why did you say that you believed he could? no expression

gobstakid777
batarang=bat's victory

BruceSkywalker
then why did you say that you believed he could? no expression

McClane is good, there is no disputing that, but that doesn't mean Batman is a wimp like people are making him out to be..

anyway, I have to get up early and go to work.. this is by far the best conversation I've had here on KMC in a while.. Good talking with you Ms. Marvel, I hope it continues in this thread and in others.. smile big grin

Sadako of Girth
Batman trips on his own cape as he tries in vain to avoid McClane's gunfire, falls backward down staircase breaking his neck in four places.

If not, McClane uses the detonators to trigger the C4 on the floor that Bats is on blow the shit out of boy-wonder-buggerer...?

Utrigita
Batman for the win.

Had it been on a nice wide open field with 100 meters between them, I could have seen McClane taking down Batman, but in a skyscraper with multiple hiding spots and possibilities for seeking cover, that is more ore less in the setting that Batman works best.

Ms.Marvel
that works both ways.

if theyre in a corridor with one door on each end of the hallway batman is screwed because he doesnt have the space necessary to dodge.

Utrigita
There wasn't alot of hallways in that skyscraper iirc from the movie stick out tongue

Either way I agree, however I don't think that was the opening setting that Impendiment had in mind, even if Batman still has a chance of throwing himself backwards towards the door but that is a far shoot.

Ms.Marvel
McClane is good, there is no disputing that, but that doesn't mean Batman is a wimp like people are making him out to be..

anyway, I have to get up early and go to work.. this is by far the best conversation I've had here on KMC in a while.. Good talking with you Ms. Marvel, I hope it continues in this thread and in others.. smile big grin

alright then bruce take it easy! stay safe! big grin

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Utrigita
There wasn't alot of hallways in that skyscraper iirc from the movie stick out tongue

Either way I agree, however I don't think that was the opening setting that Impendiment had in mind, even if Batman still has a chance of throwing himself backwards towards the door but that is a far shoot.

There were a lot.

Lots of tight ones.

Look at the floor plan on the computer at the beginning.

The PC game game uses environments from the movie and their hally goodness is there for all to see... stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
and what are you a fanboy of?

It is you who should actually read the OP again and again.. where in the OP does it state that McClane starts to fire the moment he sees Batman .. it does not state that..

you assume McClane has the drop on Batman , but it fact that is not the case I am a fanboy of neither if these guys, I am using movie feats.

Batman has never faced a crack shot like McClane armed with a ****ing SUBMACHINE GUN. Batman is fast, but he is not faster than a bullet. He faces idiots with handguns who have little or no training. It's simple math.

Where is it stated in the OP that Mac opens fire? Dude, you think he is gonna wait for Batman to run for cover? Jeez, man. He is gonna open up and shred the Batsuit before Batman takes two steps.

Man, I thought Rob and sadako were kings of the fanboy world, but I see we have an heir to the the throne.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Batman trips on his own cape as he tries in vain to avoid McClane's gunfire, falls backward down staircase breaking his neck in four places.

If not, McClane uses the detonators to trigger the C4 on the floor that Bats is on blow the shit out of boy-wonder-buggerer...? Nah, Batman wont have time to trip, he will be too busy DYING.

Sadako of Girth
No...too kind.... how could I or Robtard ever attempt to take your well earned crown...?

That aside though.
Welcome to the side of common sense, in this debate, RJ. stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
No...too kind.... how could I or Robtard ever attempt to take your well earned crown...?

That aside though.
Welcome to the side of common sense, in this debate, RJ. stick out tongue Pit the Bat against any guy who is close to Mac's level with a gun, and the Bat goes down. It's not a Mac thing, it's a training thing. Impediment REALLY ****ed up when he gave Mac two things: Nakatomi plaza, and a submachine gun, Ho- ho-ho.

Sadako of Girth
Regardless. I like the new RJ.

The common sense and logics are music to the ears.
stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
Wait a second, you might wanna profile this....

McClane opens up on Batman with the HK, Batman ducks behind a desk. McClane runs outta ammo. Batman, seizing the advantage, emerges and runs at McClane.

McClane places his hands behind his head, says "OK man, I give up!!!"

Batman relaxes, seeing no weapon on McClane. He slows to a walk, pulling his Batcuffs from his utility belt, set to apprehend McClane.

The camera angle shifts to behind McClane. In the background we hear music, sleigh bells ringing. We see a Beretta 9mm taped between McClane's shoulder blades......Batman gets a few feet away, and................

McClane grabs the Beretta, shoots Bat in the head, twirls the Beretta, and says.............

"Happy Trails, Batdick."

Sadako of Girth
laughing out loud He wouldnt need the second shot in there either....

Powwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

gobstakid777
Wait a second, you might wanna profile this....

McClane opens up on Batman with the HK, Batman ducks behind a desk. McClane runs outta ammo. Batman, seizing the advantage, emerges and runs at McClane.

McClane places his hands behind his head, says "OK man, I give up!!!"

Batman relaxes, seeing no weapon on McClane. He slows to a walk, pulling his Batcuffs from his utility belt, set to apprehend McClane.

The camera angle shifts to behind McClane. In the background we hear music, sleigh bells ringing. We see a Beretta 9mm taped between McClane's shoulder blades......Batman gets a few feet away, and................

McClane grabs the Beretta, shoots Bat in the head, twirls the Beretta, and says.............

"Happy Trails, Batdick."

yea except that relaxation won't happen,and the slow walk will be bats running up to mcclane and feeding him his teeth to KO him

Rogue Jedi
Mmmmmmmmmmhm....One shot, one kill, McClane drives away in the Batmobile.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by gobstakid777
yea except that relaxation won't happen,and the slow walk will be bats running up to mcclane and feeding him his teeth to KO him

But..........bullet ridden corpses can't do that.

gobstakid777
so now mcclane is bullseye.i don't think so

Sadako of Girth
Mmmmmmmmmmhm....One shot, one kill, McClane drives away in the Batmobile.

And drives it up a helicoptor's or a Ninja chicks ass.

Seriously....How devastating would McClane in a Batmobile be...?

Jesus....

Sadako of Girth
so now mcclane is bullseye.i don't think so

He has demonstrated it on multiple occasions....so why not...?

gobstakid777
And drives it up a helicoptor's or a Ninja chicks ass.

Seriously....How devastating would McClane in a Batmobile be...?

Jesus....

what do u think dark knight would've been like if mcclane was the protagonist

gobstakid777
He has demonstrated it on multiple occasions....so why not...?
but bats has demonstrated the ability of lightning reflexs

Rogue Jedi
what do u think dark knight would've been like if mcclane was the protagonist Everyone would have ended up dead.

Sadako of Girth
Nah lightning really is much faster than that.

Lightning would stand a chance of catching a bullet.
Batman doesnt. Hes just a f**ked up human in a mask.

(EDIT: F**ked up corpse in a mask.)

Ms.Marvel
but bats has demonstrated the ability of lightning reflexs

it would have been a lot shorter.

Joker: You got a little fight in ya. I-i-i like that.

"Then youre gonna love me. Dickhead."

*jokers head explodes in a hail of bullets.*

McClane: Yippie kay yay muther****er.

- - Credits Roll - -

Sadako of Girth
Everyone would have ended up dead.

Yup.

The dialogue would have been better, also.

gobstakid777
Everyone would have ended up dead.
i would have luved to see the chase and subsequent interrogation scene

Ms.Marvel

it never would have gotten that far. McClane would have shot him and killed him the first time he met him when joker crashed bruces party.

Sadako of Girth

No cameraman could survive filming somthing that violent.

And also:
it never would have gotten that far. McClane would have shot him and killed him the first time he met him when joker crashed bruces party.

Rogue Jedi
so now mcclane is bullseye.i don't think so Not necessarily, but he is a crack shot.

Martial arts against guns? Come on. Just watch The Last Samurai and see what happens when a buncha martial artists armed with no guns go up against guns. Think about Kill Bill. What would have happened to Black Mamba if the crazy 88 all had guns?

Someone like McClane, the only thing that beats him is someone armed with guns, who is better with guns than he is. Batman can throw batarangs all day, he can flash his ascension gun, he can use all his gadgets for hours, but in the end, he has no guns.

Rogue Jedi
Yup.

The dialogue would have been better, also. Rachel would have lived, Harvey would have never went bad.

gobstakid777
but he does have gadgets which can incapacitate mcclane long enough for him to take control of the situation and he can move fast enough to use them

Rogue Jedi
it never would have gotten that far. McClane would have shot him and killed him the first time he met him when joker crashed bruces party. yes

Rogue Jedi
but he does have gadgets which can incapacitate mcclane long enough for him to take control of the situation and he can move fast enough to use them You're reaching now. McClane is gonna be mowing down the area with his HK, Bat'll never have a chance to use them.

gobstakid777
well here's the thing.i know batman can win,but i don't know how to word my argument.so i guess u win for now ,RJ.i'm hittin the sack.peace out

Sadako of Girth
How much more of a bullseye do you need to be in order to shot an electicity pylon cable from the range he did at the end of Die hard 3..?
And even the taking out of Hans was impressive, drawing the way he did.

The claims of McClane lacking Bulleye skills are silly.

gobstakid777
I said good day,sir!

Sadako of Girth
And a good day to you too, sir...!

gobstakid777
alrighty then.as i said RJ wins for now,cause he presents a stronger arguement, and i need to go sleep,so yea.

Rogue Jedi
I think he meant Bullseye, DD's nemesis.

Sadako of Girth
Ahhhhhhhhh. I see.

My argument still stands though.

Anyone good enough to make the kind of shots that McClane is shown making regularly, stands a good chance of face/head shotting Batman.

Can we have Robin there too so McClane could shoot him too..? stick out tongue

Ms.Marvel
Can we have Robin there too so McClane could shoot him too..? stick out tongue

the hot one from batman and robin?

Sadako of Girth
The one with the verrrrry dodgy nipple costume that the suspect old man Alfred had made for the "boy wonder".

Sadako of Girth
it would have been a lot shorter.

Joker: You got a little fight in ya. I-i-i like that.

"Then youre gonna love me. Dickhead."

*jokers head explodes in a hail of bullets.*

McClane: Yippie kay yay muther****er.

- - Credits Roll - -

laughing out loud I missed this the first time I read through...

Nice one.

Very McClane-esque.

Rogue Jedi
Ahhhhhhhhh. I see.

My argument still stands though.

Anyone good enough to make the kind of shots that McClane is shown making regularly, stands a good chance of face/head shotting Batman.

Can we have Robin there too so McClane could shoot him too..? stick out tongue Is Batgirl there too? Does he kill her or rape her? Buttsecks? Does he do her in her Bathole?

Sadako of Girth
Is Batgirl there too? Does he kill her or rape her? Buttsecks? Does he do her in her Bathole?

Probably not. That wouldnt be very "McClane like"... he has a strong sense of where the line is drawn, y'see....

But he may drive a firey vehicle up her though. stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
I dunno, man. Batgirl lying there, one bewb hanging out, legs spread wide open.....

Sadako of Girth
That be indecent assault.

That you'd say that says toooooo much, my happy handed friend...... stick out tongue

You beast, you....!

Rogue Jedi
Mhm, like you'd sit there and do nothing as her Batbewb jiggles up and down.

Sadako of Girth
Thats correct.

'Cause Im not a rapist.

I definitely would have to jerk off about it later though. stick out tongue

Thats the McClane thing to do in that situation.

Rogue Jedi
haermm Man's gotta have morals I suppose.

Sadako of Girth
Indeed.
Only thing that seperates us from the animals.

Dr Will Hatch
Fanboyism aside, Batman stomps. The original scenario is vague enough to argue that John isn't properly positioned to shoot him in time.

Sadako of Girth
But there will qucikly be a time.
Also, equally there is enough room for argument that Batman couldntdo anything substantial to McClane.

Yet still, we debate.

gobstakid777
i still go w/ my batarang theory.basically all bats has to do is disarmed the submachine gun,then bruce will be feeding mcclane his fist

Sadako of Girth
I still say "Mac shoots first!". stick out tongue

gobstakid777
and bats moves out the way

gobstakid777
and i'm sending people to gas-bomb ur house 2guns

Sadako of Girth
Go ahead. Im insured.
And like Batfink, my wings're like a shield of steel. wink

Rogue Jedi
and bats moves out the way Dude NO he doesn't. Batman is NOT faster than a speeding bullet, that's Superman. Batman gets a full clip of hot lead here.

gobstakid777
Go ahead. Im insured.
And like Batfink, my wings're like a shield of steel. wink
i'll put launch an emp on ur insurance building

gobstakid777
Dude NO he doesn't. Batman is NOT faster than a speeding bullet, that's Superman. Batman gets a full clip of hot lead here.
i like u rj,in a non-homo way.i guess i'm in the same predicament i was in some hrs ago

Sadako of Girth
and bats moves out the way

Into Mcclanes trap as he falls onto the chair with the C4 on it, and McClane kicks it back down the elevator shaft, muttering outloud to Hans "Lets see you take this under advisement, Jerkweed.." and watching Batman's corpse (which it'd be when it hit the bottom) explode sending a massive c4 explosion up the shaft.*

Also Batman cant dodge bullets.

gobstakid777
Into Mcclanes trap as he falls onto the chair with the C4 on it, and McClane kicks it back down the elevator shaft, muttering outloud to Hans "Lets see you take this under advisement, Jerkweed.." and watching Batman's corpse (which it'd be when it hit the bottom) explode sending a massive c4 explosion up the shaft.*

Also Batman cant dodge bullets.
i already gave up,dammit

Sadako of Girth

Sadako of Girth
i already gave up,dammit

So you did. Fair play. smile

gobstakid777
i'm still going to ruin ur life though

Sadako of Girth
Yeah....there is that, still I guess. stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
Batman crashes through a window, McClane unloads on him, sending Batman flying back out the window.

"Geronimo, Mother****er!!!"

gobstakid777
ah no competition disgust

Darth Martin
Martial arts against guns? Come on. Just watch The Last Samurai and see what happens when a buncha martial artists armed with no guns go up against guns. Bullshit. Those battles took place in open fields with a distance of hundreds of feet between them. Batman has taken out a S.W.A.T. team(albeit with assisstance from Fox). McClane is good but not on Batman's tier.

Ms.Marvel
he took on a SWAT team that didnt even know he was their enemy until he was right on top of them.

Darth Martin
But he showed massive skill in that scene. What you just said just means he stealthy. The things he was doing with the grapple gun and sticky bomb gun were impressive. How he was taking on 4-5 SWAT guys at a time and pwning them with a rope.

Batman is too much for McClane.

Ms.Marvel
Originally posted by Darth Martin
But he showed massive skill in that scene. What you just said just means he stealthy. The things he was doing with the grapple gun and sticky bomb gun were impressive. How he was taking on 4-5 SWAT guys at a time and pwning them with a rope.

Batman is too much for McClane.

what i said meant that they had poor intel. if the SWAT teams had been told before going in to shoot Batman on site and that he was in the building Bruce would have been a goner. besides McClane is >> mutiple SWAT teams anyway.

Darth Martin
Batman will disarm McClane through stealth and then proceed to rape him H2H.

That's how this will go IMO. Batman is better equipped, better physical specimen, stealthy, and lightly armored.

Robtard
Batman is better equipped, better physical specimen, stealthy, and lightly armored.

When it comes to killing, a sub-machine gun is better than batarangs, grappling hooks and the other whatnot's Batman has.

Yeah, Bale-man is sexier, I'll give you that.

McClane is stealthy too, especially in this building; ie home-field advantage.

That armour isn't bullet-proof though.

Darth Martin
Batman has grenades, flash bangs, and that sticky bomb gun amongst other things. Admittedly, for a gadget dude his arsenal sucks, but against a lone cop with a sub-machine gun I think it'll do.

It's not that his body looks better even though it does. I said he's a better physical specimen b/c he's stronger, faster, and hits harder.

However stealthy McClane may be, Batman has him beat in this area. Stealth is Batman's forte. Batman also has a limited degree of X-Ray vision thanks to his sonar. This will help him inside the tower.

His armor is bulletproof in most areas. It's not as armored as his first suit but it still is. It stops the bullet Dent fired at him.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
When it comes to killing, a sub-machine gun is better than batarangs, grappling hooks and the other whatnot's Batman has.

Yeah, Bale-man is sexier, I'll give you that.

McClane is stealthy too, especially in this building; ie home-field advantage.

That armour isn't bullet-proof though. Mhm. Seperation of the plates FTW.

Darth Martin
It's still bulletproof wherever the plates are.

Rogue Jedi
So? Auto 9mm fire going PING PING PING PING PING PING PING all over the Batsuit, a few are gonna get through.

Impediment
Some people say that Batman is way overrated. Maybe. However, John has, oh, almost NONE of the training that Batman has save for his police training and experiences.

I say that McClane is way too overrated.

But I'm not going to be a fanatic about it.

Impediment
So? Auto 9mm fire going PING PING PING PING PING PING PING all over the Batsuit, a few are gonna get through.

Batman wouldn't let that happen, says I. He's a trained ninja, FFS. Once John and Batman see each other, they are both gonna attack and/or duck for cover.

gobstakid777
Batman will disarm McClane through stealth and then proceed to rape him H2H.

That's how this will go IMO. Batman is better equipped, better physical specimen, stealthy, and lightly armored.

Batman has grenades, flash bangs, and that sticky bomb gun amongst other things. Admittedly, for a gadget dude his arsenal sucks, but against a lone cop with a sub-machine gun I think it'll do.

It's not that his body looks better even though it does. I said he's a better physical specimen b/c he's stronger, faster, and hits harder.

However stealthy McClane may be, Batman has him beat in this area. Stealth is Batman's forte. Batman also has a limited degree of X-Ray vision thanks to his sonar. This will help him inside the tower.

His armor is bulletproof in most areas. It's not as armored as his first suit but it still is. It stops the bullet Dent fired at him.

Some people say that Batman is way overrated. Maybe. However, John has, oh, almost NONE of the training that Batman has save for his police training and experiences.

I say that McClane is way too overrated.

But I'm not going to be a fanatic about it.

my arguement can still stand Happy Dance

Rogue Jedi
Batman wouldn't let that happen, says I. He's a trained ninja, FFS. Once John and Batman see each other, they are both gonna attack and/or duck for cover. See, that's the biggest problem with the Bat, when people say "He would never let that happen." Batman isnt all powerful.

Name one time when he faced a gunman half as skilled as Mac, armed with a full auto rifle to boot.

Impediment
See, that's the biggest problem with the Bat, when people say "He would never let that happen." Batman isnt all powerful.

Name one time when he faced a gunman half as skilled as Mac, armed with a full auto rifle to boot.

I don't need to. The same thing can be said for McClane. It's not fanboyism, it's common damn sense. Nobody is just going to stand there and become a target.

Rogue Jedi
I don't need to. The same thing can be said for McClane. It's not fanboyism, it's common damn sense. Nobody is just going to stand there and become a target. So Batman is faster than a bullet? Because you know Mac is gonna open fire right off the bat.

Darth Martin
1. He took on a dozen or so heavily armed thugs at the dock in BB.
2. He took out Lau and his armed bodyguards in Hong Kong.
3. He incapacitated Joker and his thugs in his penthouse.
4. He incapacitated a SWAT team at the Prewitt building.

gobstakid777
like fifth time i posted this.bats ducks like a mutha****a,at the same time shooting 1-2 batarnags mcclanes hands.in the seconds mcclane's tending to his hands,batman runs up to him,makes sure the gun is knocked out of his hand,probably by twisting his arm,and,angry that he was shot at,proceeds to feed mcclane his teeth

gobstakid777
don't need to say more

Darth Martin
Name one time when he faced a gunman half as skilled as Mac, armed with a full auto rifle to boot. McClane wasn't that skilled with his sub-machine gun. He rarely fired it properly. But okay........

Robtard

Batman also had the element of surprise in 3 if not all of those scenarios. Per the OP, Batman's doesn't have that element here, McClane sees him; he sees McClane.

So Batmman's going to have to be actively dodging, ducking, taking cover while making his way to McClane. I don't think it's as easy for Batman, as you make it.

gobstakid777
Originally posted by Robtard

So Batmman's going to have to be actively dodging, ducking, taking cover while making his way to McClane. I don't think it's as easy for Batman, as you make it.
read my above post

Rogue Jedi
McClane wasn't that skilled with his sub-machine gun. He rarely fired it properly. But okay........
4. He incapacitated a SWAT team at the Prewitt building. McClane rarely fired it properly? Are you high? He was pwnage with it.

And how many of those guys have McClanes skill? None.

Rogue Jedi
We need a more precise sceanrio. like WHERE in Nakatomi plaza?

Robtard
read my above post

Can you cite one example of Bale-man dodging/avoiding active gunfire while simultaneously throwing multiple batarangs that knock 'guns out of hands'? I can't recall.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>