faramir's Will strength?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BrandonNguyen42
Why in TTT Faramir was sort of Tempted by the ring of power, while in the book he wouldnt even take it if it lay on a highway

Lord Lucien
Because him being tempted made for a more cinematic and character=driven experience for the audience.

Movies=/=the books.

xJLxKing
Yeah, Lucien is right. In the movie they had to make some kind of antagonist towards Frodo and Sam. In the book, the Antagonist was Shelob, but that wasn't in the 2nd film. JP had to change it around. He made Faramir into a Antagonist. Though, it didn't change nothing. Sooner, or later Faramir would have done what he did in the movie.

Incanus
The m,ovie was crap, I think anyone should watch it first so they arnt disappointed. Faramir let them go, on top of giving them provisions in the book. They never went to Osgiliath.

Lord Lucien
Cinematically, acting-wise, dialogue-wise, visual-effect-wise---the movies are f*cking brilliant. Those who demand total perfection and the utmost attention to every detail are living in an unrealistic world and issuing unrealistic demands.

Incanus
Hey, I was just disappointed at how they didnt even include huge things, like the WK never breakign Gandalfs staff, or the scourging of the Shire.

Morgromir
Yeah they were brilliant like lucian said, but why cut out TOM!!!! in the first movie and the scourge in the third , itd be nice to have a special feature minishow of hobbit activities like the goblin invasion of the shire ect

Lord Lucien
Don't spell my name wrong.

And Bombadil was an ultimately useless character. The main storyline could have gone on just fine if he hadn't been brought in. In fact, his absence would have sped up the most boring part in the trilogy (IMO).

Incanus
And the Scourging?" Or at least pout Frodo in Ithilien when he woke up from after Mount Doom scene thing.

Lord Lucien
The Scourging was a fun bit of post-storyline in the novels. It fit in with the books' dynamic, I felt. But I completely understand why it was omitted from the films. It wasn't terribly necessary (though not as little as Bombadil) and would have really weighed the last movie down.

And Frodo spending time in Ithilien would have been pointless in the movies. All these little editions and sub-plots, while charming in the novels, are just too much for too little in return. Again, would have weighed the movies down with hours of extra, boring scenes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.