Should a Game's Price Drop Because it Sucks?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
You find a game you believe is good and so you blow $60 on it. You get back home and enjoy it but there's only one problem, you're not enjoying it. You know you can't get refunds and so you either sell it to the nearest Gamestop or be actually stupid enough to break it in two.

I don't find it fair that awfully unfun games get the same price as awesomely fun games so I think that maybe there should be a price drop on games that turn out to be major suckfests.

For example, you don't know what Gears of War 2 is and you've been hearing that's it's awesome and so you think about buying it but next to the game you see another game like maybe Shellshock 2 or Turning Point and you would begin to have second thoughts. Instead of Gears 2, you buy Shellshock or TP instead and you actually believe that you'll have a lot of fun. You head right back at home and you get incredibly disappointed beyond belief and thought to yourself "I should've bought Gears 2 instead".

Things like this need to end. A price should be dropped on an unfun videogame so it can kinda warn people that that game is awful. I know that we only get games when we read reviews (that are good) about them but sometimes a review doesn't exactly help from time to time.

So what do you think, should a game's price drop because it sucks or should game companies feel free to raise really high prices on games you think would be good but they really aren't?

Peach
That does happen, all the time. Just wait a week or two and you'll notice how quickly the prices drop on some games.

However, I'll point out that how good/bad a game is is subjective, and every game out that that you think is crap will have fans.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Peach
every game out that that you think is crap will have fans.

Okay then. I think the videogame version of G.I. Joe RoC is crappy. Have fun evil face

Hazardous
This thread just makes me want to facepalm all day. facepalm

a) rentals are cheap
b) most places will exchange the game within 7 days
c) read reviews
d) your fault if you dont like that game, don't be stupid next time
e) they do drop the prices, if a game is selling for half the price of most other games and its still relatively new, that should kinda indicate the quality....
f) play the frickin demo first

Basically, stop making threads because you fail.

littlefox_Kovu
There are alot of things you can do to see if a game is good for you beofre having to actually buy it....

Quincy
Originally posted by Nemesis X
You get back home and enjoy it but there's only one problem, you're not enjoying it.

Say hwah?

SaTsuJiN
Its hard to pinpoint what true, factual "suck" is.. and would it matter if the price dropped?.. I mean who's really going to buy it anyway?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.