God Commands You To Kill Gays

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prince Nauj
I am disgusted by this guy and being that I live in Arizona I will take action.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/god-commands-you-kill-gays.html?q=content/god-commands-you-kill-gays

Darth Jello
It's the same guy who's followers have been bringing assault weapons to town hall meetings and presidential speeches.

Bicnarok
Nothing wrong with taking action if you believe in something, history is full of such actions. But always be prepared to take the circumstances, like getting your ass kicked.

Darth Jello
uh....

Mairuzu
imgay

inimalist
Originally posted by Mairuzu
imgay

sooooo, uh....

what are you saying friday?

embarrasment

Robtard
Can't listen to the audio at the moment, but does the clown quote the Bible as support?

bogen
Sounds like just another moron with a mic to me

dadudemon
Originally posted by Prince Nauj

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/god-commands-you-kill-gays.html?q=content/god-commands-you-kill-gays

OFF WITH NAUJ'S HEAD! BOTH OF THEM! mad mad mad

Prince Nauj
Originally posted by dadudemon
OFF WITH NAUJ'S HEAD! BOTH OF THEM! mad mad mad

Off with my head? WTF? Im the one thats mad at him.

Symmetric Chaos
I don't need god telling me to do that.

dadudemon
Off with my head? WTF? Im the one thats mad at him.

No no no no.

It was a joke. Because half of you likes men. So you're spreading your disease, like the preacher man said.

It sucks having to explain jokes. sad

Prince Nauj
No no no no.

It was a joke. Because half of you likes men. So you're spreading your disease, like the preacher man said.

Im not spreading any disease. If your against homosexuality fine. But its not a disease. no

dadudemon
Im not spreading any disease. If your against homosexuality fine. But its not a disease. no

DAMN YOU!

Do you NOT understand that I was making a joke about that preacher? no expression I was making fun of the stupidness of his barbaric statements.

inimalist
EDIT

ddm beat me to it

Prince Nauj
DAMN YOU!

Do you NOT understand that I was making a joke about that preacher? no expression I was making fun of the stupidness of his barbaric statements.

Ok. Im sorry.

Darth Jello
Well, the difference between this guy and other nutty people like Fred Phelps is that his followers actually BRING MILITARY WEAPONS TO POLITICAL EVENTS AND PRESIDENTIAL SPEECHES IN A THREATENING MANNER.

http://crooksandliars.com/david-neiwert/gun-toting-arizona-protester-belongs

Prince Nauj
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Well, the difference between this guy and other nutty people like Fred Phelps is that his followers actually BRING MILITARY WEAPONS TO POLITICAL EVENTS AND PRESIDENTIAL SPEECHES IN A THREATENING MANNER.

http://crooksandliars.com/david-neiwert/gun-toting-arizona-protester-belongs

I remember that. UGh I really hate our stupid law about owning guns.

Mandrag Ganon
Originally posted by Robtard
Can't listen to the audio at the moment, but does the clown quote the Bible as support?

Of course not.

Robtard

If you made funny jokes, you wouldn't have to explain them. See what I just did.

inimalist
blah, this stuff scares me like nothing else

The most common profile of a "terrorist" in America is still a white male Christian.

The analogies between his rhetoric and stuff like the more militant Qutb or any Al Qaeda video is disturbing. And its not even him or his congregation I worry about, its the next generation, who will feel even more oppressed as "christians" in America, where this stuff will not be as shocking any more, and the anti needs to be increased.

****, just checked the Army of God website (afaik, no affiliation with Anderson) I thought they had gone quite, but they are all but claiming responsibility for a May 31st abortion doctor killing.

Blah, its the religious idiots who are growing up with Anderson, the AoG, Phelps and going to Jesus camps, they will be the problem. People who grow up in a world where this type of violence isn't even questionable.

I'm sure this just turned into somewhat of a rant, sorry if it isn't really all related to the topic...

Robtard
People need to really look into their hearts and ask WWJD?

I have a feeling that beating, hanging, shooting and bombing isn't on the JC menu of options.

Darth Jello
The difference is that right wing and christian terrorists tend to stockpile military weapons and WMDs, often acquired via corrupt elements in the US military (there's a great article describing neonazis buying grenade launchers from US troops on the SPLC website) and plan attacks and assassinations that are far more elaborate and destructive than middle eastern terrorists. There's a same problem in Israel with hardliners in the military selling things like sarin to Kahanist Jewish terrorists who then plan on using it in major cities and either framing Palestinians or wiping out "fake Jews" this way and prompting a religious war (that sure tied up Mossad for awhile).

Does anyone remember an article back from 2002 when some right wing group whom Bush removed from the terrorist watch list was busted with enough stock piled sarin and VX to kill everything in a medium sized city?

inimalist
I'm way less concerned with what Jesus would do, and more with what his supposed followers are going to.

blah, I just want to rant... maybe I'll try to collect my thoughts and make an actual thread, but man, ya, this stuff, so freaky.

And the armed guy from the protest ending up on Alex Jones, the best kept closet fundamentalist in America, omfg. It is the literal tying of the conspiracists and the fundies that even Tim McVeigh couldn't wake everyone up to...

inimalist
The difference is that right wing and christian terrorists tend to stockpile military weapons and WMDs, often acquired via corrupt elements in the US military (there's a great article describing neonazis buying grenade launchers from US troops on the SPLC website) and plan attacks and assassinations that are far more elaborate and destructive than middle eastern terrorists. There's a same problem in Israel with hardliners in the military selling things like sarin to Kahanist Jewish terrorists who then plan on using it in major cities and either framing Palestinians or wiping out "fake Jews" this way and prompting a religious war (that sure tied up Mossad for awhile).

Does anyone remember an article back from 2002 when some right wing group whom Bush removed from the terrorist watch list was busted with enough stock piled sarin and VX to kill everything in a medium sized city?

unfortunately, if you listen to people like Michael Winestein, the military is already contaminated with hardcore christianity.

I wont just take the wind out of his sails, but watch all of this talk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vYXbXzzmVo

there are like 9 parts, totally worth watching... Really surprised me, especially if the real implications of what he is describing are all that exaggerated.

Robtard
Originally posted by inimalist
I'm way less concerned with what Jesus would do, and more with what his supposed followers are going to.

blah, I just want to rant... maybe I'll try to collect my thoughts and make an actual thread, but man, ya, this stuff, so freaky.

And the armed guy from the protest ending up on Alex Jones, the best kept closet fundamentalist in America, omfg. It is the literal tying of the conspiracists and the fundies that even Tim McVeigh couldn't wake everyone up to...

I was making a joke that these Christians, aren't really Christians.

Wasn't much of a rant; I see your point. A bunch of extremely well armed angry tools believing they're doing God's work is frightening, as they have the means and man-power to pull off something larger than the 911 attacks.

As far as religious nuts being in the military, makes sense that these groups send their young men into the military to be trained; for free. When they come out, they have the training to carry out "God's work."

Darth Jello
hardcore christianity is one thing. selling high tech weapons and chemical agents to anti-abortion zealots and guys with swastika tattoos goes far beyond.

inimalist
History channel has a program called "Gangland", which, aside from its menacing background music and quick, dramatic cuts, is a fairly good program. They had an episode about gangs in the military that, while it did talk about increases in more "traditional" gang membership (crips, bloods, latin kings etc.) the main issue was on the prevalence of white supremacists. At least one, though I think more, of the interviewees, former skinheads and supremacists, talked about being able to fly a swastika flag in his quarters and having no problems from authority walking around with SS lightning bolt tattoos on his neck or swastikas on his arm.

According to Weinstein, the problem is worse than fundies just enlisting. They control most 4 star general positions. There are instances where commanders in Iraq have told the troops they are there to spread democracy and the word of jesus, and one soldier, who was a christian (just not the right type), was told to clean pubes from a latrine with tweezers until he accepted Jesus as his lord and savior. I believe that even today, the Air Force reserves the right to proselytize to those they deem to be "unchurched"

oh, and according to Jeremy Scahill, the opperator of Blackwater/Xe, who owns a private intelligence agency and airforce, is a theocrat who wants the American government replaced with Jesus.

Robtard
If it makes you feel better, the Catholics have the US Marines. Wait, not sure how that's supposed to make you feel better.

Darth Jello
Hey, I'm fine with it as long as oppression and evangelism are listed in the army code of justice as reasons for justifiable fragging.

siriuswriter
ugh - the evangi and extremist christians give all christians a bad name. just like extremist muslums give islam a bad name.

inimalist
Originally posted by siriuswriter
ugh - the evangi and extremist christians give all christians a bad name. just like extremist muslums give islam a bad name.

oh, totally

the extremists don't scare me because of their religion, it is their sheer determination to do violence, and to raise their children to do violence, in the name of their religion against otherwise innocent people.

King Kandy
oh, and according to Jeremy Scahill, the opperator of Blackwater/Xe, who owns a private intelligence agency and airforce, is a theocrat who wants the American government replaced with Jesus.
I swear I would not be surprised if blackwater ends up causing the downfall of the US. They are the biggest candidates at the moment imo.

Darth Jello
There's already a thread about Blackwater/Xe's Erik Prince. He's also a drug runner and murderer.

inimalist
There's already a thread about Blackwater/Xe's Erik Prince. He's also a drug runner and murderer.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=513815&highlight=Xe+forumid%3A11

big grin

siriuswriter
oh, totally

the extremists don't scare me because of their religion, it is their sheer determination to do violence, and to raise their children to do violence, in the name of their religion against otherwise innocent people.

... so most reasonable people will think. judging by the reaction of violence, hatred, and suspicion to anyone who looks "middle eastern" in the first few months after 9/11, most people don't put the two together. and i personally hate it when people take a look at pat robertson or john brown college or any of that at say "if this religion can produce ____, it must all be bad. there are some good spiritual ideas in christianity, but they tend to be ruined by religion.

BackFire
Gays command you to kill God.

Mr. Rhythmic

He's probably gay.

Robtard
Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
He's probably gay.

Very good chance of it. Be hilarious if he goes down like Haggard did.

"Evangelicals have the best sex-lives." "Homosexuality is a sin and abhorrent in God's eye." *proceeds to pay a male prostitute to sodomize him while he's high on illegal drugs*

Kris Blaze
Finally, some backup from the man up above.

Darth Jello
"Goes down like Haggard". heh.

That's a turn of phrase I can really wrap my lips around.

dadudemon
oh, totally

Ya see what my cynicism was about?

I REALLY grow tired of bullshit like this.

siriuswriter

what's so bullshitty about it?

there are, in every religion, groups who just go too far with the 'holy' materials and interpret them to such extreme places that it's truly scary. when someone thinks they have god's will, or allah's will, or whomever's will, behind them, what's to stop them from doing horrendous things? they're on a mission from god. it's very scary to know these people, although it's perversely awe-inspiring. they have a very easy path in life - do what maker tells them to. the wiser person questions things.

but with 'facts' so set in stone, they don't care about dying, because they know that they will be rewarded with heaven when they arrive there.

and when a person is willing to lose it all for a belief or cause or saving the whales or killing the whales - both the means and the ends they tend to produce are terrifying.

Robtard
72 actually, but it's funny because I don't think the Qur'an states a '72 virgin reward' for committing suicide anywhere in its text; I'm also pretty sure that suicide is looked down upon, as in other religions.

siriuswriter
^well, at least i had the numbers right.

let's see.... hijab is the journey to mecca, jihad is the righteous killing of infidels? or the other way around or the wrong word. whichever it is, it is mentioned in the qu'ran.

and, i'm not catholic so i'm not sure what it says in the catholic bible, but somehow it was interpreted that you could buy your way out of purgatory, or how they justified the crusades.

King Kandy
A hijab is a head scarf, a jihad is a "struggle", against your own desire to sin or against others.

siriuswriter

there are, in every religion, groups who just go too far with the 'holy' materials and interpret them to such extreme places that it's truly scary. when someone thinks they have god's will, or allah's will, or whomever's will, behind them, what's to stop them from doing horrendous things? they're on a mission from god. it's very scary to know these people, although it's perversely awe-inspiring. they have a very easy path in life - do what maker tells them to. the wiser person questions things.

but with 'facts' so set in stone, they don't care about dying, because they know that they will be rewarded with heaven when they arrive there.

and when a person is willing to lose it all for a belief or cause or saving the whales or killing the whales - both the means and the ends they tend to produce are terrifying.

celestialdemon
Guess that means we should kill his wife, too, since his wife is f*cking an @sshole.

dadudemon

I think you're confused about my post.

My response to inimalist is from a previous discussion we were having.

inimalist

there are no violently homophobic atheists?

and how

Symmetric Chaos

Name one.

Darth Jello
Hitler, to be fair...

inimalist
hijab is the journey to mecca,

the journey to Mecca is the Hajj

jihad is the righteous killing of infidels?

sometimes, more often in extreme ideology. For instance, in Morocco, they have the annual "Jihad against garbage" (or, at least in the city one of my profs grew up in).

I'm also pretty sure that suicide is looked down upon, as in other religions.

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/south-asia/suicide-bombing-part-of-jihad-justified-from-prophets-days-afghan-taliban_100189431.html

I don't know enough about the Qur'an to comment on whether or not that is true, but even saying Mohammad knew members of his army were going to die as he sent them into war might be enough to construe something like that from.

The taking of innocent lives in a suicide bomb is justified in the same way that the use of catapults in medieval warfare was. Because there was no way to ensure that innocent Muslims would not be killed, it was deemed that the gains to the cause of the faith from their death outweighed it and they would be in paradise anyways.

inimalist
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Name one.

touche, though, as DJ mentioned, I don't run in too many supremacist crowds.

Most criminal organizations wont allow homosexual members, including street gangs, and I don't know that they all are religious

culture on a whole is fairly homophobic, religious or not. In the same sort of way that it is racist and misogynistic, only homophobia is way more socially acceptable.

Symmetric Chaos
jihad is the righteous killing of infidels?

Jihad is a righteous war or struggle against anything, even one's self. So a holy war can be a jihad but it is not the only meaning.

Darth Jello
I find homophobia from a physical stand point because I know few straight males, including homophobes, who don't hug their male friends or jump for joy at a chance to get a little butt hole action from a girl.

siriuswriter
I think you're confused about my post.

My response to inimalist is from a previous discussion we were having.

ahhhh. previous context not known. smile

is no longer confused.

big grin

Darth Jello
I left out the word "ironic" in my previous post

dadudemon

Good point. I dare say that they don't exist.

dadudemon
I left out the word "ironic" in my previous post

butthole action /= homosexual when it's male on female or vice versa.

Darth Jello
true, but it is popularly depicted as a solely homosexual act in mass media.

dadudemon
true, but it is popularly depicted as a solely homosexual act in mass media.

I don't get that impression.

Darth Jello
people associate the term sodomy with anal sex and call gay men sodomites. Even in less pejorative terms, it is assumed that "gay sex" involves anal even though it often doesn't and many aren't into it. At the same time, some surveys show that more than half of all heterosexual couples routinely engage in some degree of ass play.

dadudemon
people associate the term sodomy with anal sex and call gay men sodomites. Even in less pejorative terms, it is assumed that "gay sex" involves anal even though it often doesn't and many aren't into it. At the same time, some surveys show that more than half of all heterosexual couples routinely engage in some degree of ass play.

No, I think that's only you.

HOMOBPHOBE HOMOPHOBE!!!

Let's get 'im!

Symmetric Chaos

You know an awful lot about how gay guys have sex.

Darth Jello
Well, I've got gay friends and I listen to Smodcast. Malcolm Ingraham is very informative.

~The Wickerman~
Well, I've got gay friends

Isn't that like the first thing someone who doesn't have gay friends says?

stick out tongue

dadudemon
Originally posted by ~The Wickerman~
Isn't that like the first thing someone who doesn't have gay friends says?

stick out tongue

Maybe.

I was thinking that that's what a gay dude says when he's in denial.

Darth Jello
If I were gay, I'd have more options and an easier time finding a date.

Symmetric Chaos
If I were gay, I'd have more options and an easier time finding a date.

Actually I think guys are 49% of the population so you'd have fewer options.

lil bitchiness
Yeah, lesbians have 51%...not to mention being bi sexual for girls is far more acceptable than for guys...and the numbers are against you.

Darth Jello
If you knew the Denver bar scene, you'd know what I meant

dadudemon
If you knew the Denver bar scene, you'd know what I meant

So...

1. You know their mating habits.

2. Know intimate details on how they form relationships.

3. Know where they specifically hang out.

But, you're not gay?

I don't know of very many clubs in my area, much less the gay ones.

It case you were wondering: It's okay to be gay.

Darth Jello
of course it's ok to be gay. And I know intimate details about how gay people form relationships because its pretty much the same way straight people form relationships. The difference is that every gay person I've ever met (who is comfortable with his or her sexuality) has way more confidence than most straight people I've met, myself included. I think it has more to do with gender familiarity.

dadudemon
And I know intimate details about how gay people form relationships because its pretty much the same way straight people form relationships.

Thaaaaat's neither what you nor I were talking about. no expression

The difference is that every gay person I've ever met (who is comfortable with his or her sexuality) has way more confidence than most straight people I've met, myself included. I think it has more to do with gender familiarity.

Nah.

There's really shy gay people, too. You're pretending to be ingnorant now beacuse I'm on to you.

AHA!

Symmetric Chaos
of course it's ok to be gay. And I know intimate details about how gay people form relationships because its pretty much the same way straight people form relationships. The difference is that every gay person I've ever met (who is comfortable with his or her sexuality) has way more confidence than most straight people I've met, myself included. I think it has more to do with gender familiarity.

Pretty much anyone who advertises their sexuality is liable to at least seem comfortable with it.

Nemesis X
So...

1. You know their mating habits.

2. Know intimate details on how they form relationships.

3. Know where they specifically hang out.

But, you're not gay?

I don't know of very many clubs in my area, much less the gay ones.

It case you were wondering: It's okay to be gay.

Strange, I could've sworn Darth Jello admitted he was gay in a different thread.

No, it is not okay to be gay and here are the main reasons: It's disgusting and no way would I wanna be on a hit list made by a mad preacher boy.

Red Nemesis
Do you know what else is disgusting? Eating eel. That is so gross! It also undermines the conventional fish economy. How are good traditional fishermen supposed to compete with these perverts!? They're ruining the sanctity of the ancient art of fishing!

Also: Every gay person everywhere is a pedophile. no expression
Statistics can't lie.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Nemesis X
No, it is not okay to be gay and here are the main reasons: It's disgusting and no way would I wanna be on a hit list made by a mad preacher boy.

In that case I hope you don't poop.

Darth Jello
Strange, I could've sworn Darth Jello admitted he was gay in a different thread.

So are you admitting that you have a personality disorder or is this your five year old version of launching a personal attack?

I've shared plenty of stuff about my personal life and I've been fairly frank, candid and honest about stuff so I have no idea where you would come to the conclusion that I am gay, specifically because I remember posting a long, emo-ish gut spill about a really bad break up with a girl a little over a year ago.

dadudemon

Calm down, Pubes.

It is okay to be gay. There's nothing wrong with it, secularly, at all.

Darth Jello
Surprisingly, I've never heard anyone use the word pubes as an insult. That really made me laugh. Kudos.

Nemesis X
Calm down, Pubes.

It is okay to be gay. There's nothing wrong with it, secularly, at all.

Put a sock in it Gaydouchemon.

dadudemon
Surprisingly, I've never heard anyone use the word pubes as an insult. That really made me laugh. Kudos.

big grin

That's his nickname.

Looks like mine is gaydouchemon because I defended homosexuality. erm

jaden101
Put a sock on it Gaydouchemon.

Corrected.

dadudemon
Originally posted by jaden101
Corrected.

Unfortunately, he had it right.

My name is not capitlized specially to evoke a sense of casualness and minimalism. (Yes, I am a minimalist. My desk at work as nothing on it. I prefer my home decor to be black and white. Seriously.)

Also, since my name doesn't start the beginning of the sentence, it is still correct to parodize my name as an insult, with a lowercase at the beginning.

But, believe me, it would be more fun if he had it wrong because he starts to rage and his pubes get all frazzled.

Bardock42

My name is not capitlized specially to evoke a sense of casualness and minimalism. (Yes, I am a minimalist. My desk at work as nothing on it. I prefer my home decor to be black and white. Seriously.)

Also, since my name doesn't start the beginning of the sentence, it is still correct to parodize my name as an insult, with a lowercase at the beginning.

But, believe me, it would be more fun if he had it wrong because he starts to rage and his pubes get all frazzled. Maybe you should try becoming a minimalist in explaining your retarded schemes...

Bardock42

Those are the dumbest reasons I have ever heard.

Just because something disgusts you it doesn't mean that it is not okay. And specifically, just because some mad (that should have given you the hint already) "preacher boy" has a hitlist it doesn't make anything wrong.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Bardock42
Maybe you should try becoming a minimalist in explaining your retarded schemes...

I wish your coolness came in a suppository so I could stick it up my butt and let it slowly melt it's awesomess in my rectum.

Bardock42
I wish your coolness came in a suppository so I could stick it up my butt and let it slowly melt it's awesomess in my rectum.

Scientists all over the world are working on it.

dadudemon
Scientists all over the world are working on it.

Until then, I'm stuck with whimpering while I think about it.

Bardock42
Until then, I'm stuck with whimpering while I think about it. We all have to carry our lot in life.

Nemesis X

What the f**k?

dadudemon
We all have to carry our lot in life.

Mine so happens to be carrying a butthole full of suppositories.

Gosh.

I sure hope I don't sneeze.

Wait. Maybe I should just so I can hear the sound the butt torpedo makes when it "ba-dinks" off of stuff. no expression

Bardock42
What the f**k? I agree.

Back to you hating gays now.

Ms.Marvel
i never liked gays, with their rap and the ridiculously over sized rims on their cars and their god damn section 8.

jaden101

But, believe me, it would be more fun if he had it wrong because he starts to rage and his pubes get all frazzled.

I didn't correct the capitalization of the name.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
i never liked gays, with their rap and the ridiculously over sized rims on their cars and their god damn section 8.

And their ability to give people AIDS no expression

Bardock42
And their ability to give people AIDS no expression

That's not their ability though, everyone can achieve that...there are more straights able to do it anyways.

steverules_2
If God was commanding people to kill gays...with I doubt is what he would command...then that would be going against one of the ten commandments 'Thou shall not kill.'

Bardock42
Originally posted by steverules_2
If God was commanding people to kill gays...with I doubt is what he would command...then that would be going against one of the ten commandments 'Thou shall not kill.'

If God would command you to kill gays what would stop him from retroactively change that to "You shall not kill unless it's gays"?

steverules_2
The military and the FBI...and John McClane

~The Wickerman~
That's not their ability though, everyone can achieve that...there are more straights able to do it anyways.

"If you work hard...and apply yourself Daniel-San...even YOU can achieve....the AIDS!!!"

"Oh Sensei...do you really think so?"

"The wisdom of the ages tells me that there are more straights able to achieve the AIDS Daniel-San"

shifty

dadudemon
If God would command you to kill gays what would stop him from retroactively change that to "You shall not kill unless it's gays"?

Cause God is the same today, yesterday, and forever.

He destroyed the sodomites for their buttsexual ways. Kind of harsh, IMO. But I"m not God.

To be fully honest, the God of the Old Testament was a really angry and very unforgiving.

Some say that He was that way because of how immature and slothful the spirits were back then, that it took tough love. For example, when the poisonous snakes came through the camp of the Jews, all they had to do was look at a statue and they would be "cured." If they didn't, they died. Many people who were bitten looked at the statue and were spared. Some refused, saying it was stupid. Despite the clear evidence that it was saving lives, they still refused, thinking that retarded and illogical. Those who didn't, died. That was God's harsh way of eliminating those individuals who refused to follow Him. He would rather a few die than spare all and allow an entire nation to dwindle in unbelief. This was all an extremely complex plan, setting up a social experiment of sorts, that would result in the overly pious and hypocritical environment necessary for Christ's dispensation. Kind of odd that weeding out the bad and leaving the faithful would lead to hypocritical and processional Jews that would hate and crucify their very own God, isn't it?

Robtard
He destroyed the sodomites for their buttsexual ways. Kind of harsh, IMO. But I"m not God.

I read (or watched) somewhere that Sodom's crime in God's eye wasn't rampant male-on-male anal, it was greed, where they had plenty, yet refused to help their neighboring cities who had famine.

But a story about smiting gays sells better than a story about smiting capitalism.

dadudemon
I read (or watched) somewhere that Sodom's crime in God's eye wasn't rampant male-on-male anal, it was greed, where they had plenty, yet refused to help their neighboring cities who had famine.

But a story about smiting gays sells better than a story about smiting capitalism.

I read in many more places that sodomy is a derivative of Sodom, and the rampant references to "the ways of the sodomite" in the old testament are further evidence of this man on man action that appears to have it's origins in Sodom.

You do know that we've had this discussion before, don't you?

Darth Jello
I thought it was less the fact that it was gay and anal and more that it was group and non-consensual. There really isn't that much consensual sex in the bible. I mean in context, that is the original Hebrew phrasing of that passage in what Christians call Leviticus that they say condemns homosexuality. In the syntax of the times, all it says is that a man shall not lay with a male rapist.

Robtard
I read in many more places that sodomy is a derivative of Sodom, and the rampant references to "the ways of the sodomite" in the old testament are further evidence of this man on man action that appears to have it's origins in Sodom.

You do know that we've had this discussion before, don't you?

I'm well aware of the etymology of the word and it does make perfect sense, still, it could have been used after the fact, when the changing happened.

Yeah, as I was typing, it all seemed too familiar.

Darth Jello
What's a Gomorrahey? Is that like when you drop your balls in someone ass?

Robtard
I thought it was less the fact that it was gay and anal and more that it was group and non-consensual.

There really isn't that much consensual sex in the bible.

The most accepted is that Sodom was full of sexual sin, male-on-male anal, unfaithful wives, orgies, bestiality etc. The final straw in God's eye was the gang of males who wanted to anal gang-rape the two angels in disguise in Lot's house.

Neither in DDM's house, ohh, see what I did there?

Robtard
What's a Gomorrahey? Is that like when you drop your balls in someone ass?

Haha, I see what you did there. I have seen that done, not sure of the name though.

Darth Jello
the legal definition of sodomy covers everything other than missionary position, vaginal sex.

~The Wickerman~
OT God had the mentality of a 5 year old during a hissy fit. Trying to dissect what he meant by his actions is good fun for when you're bored but completely useless IMO.

Robtard
the legal definition of sodomy covers everything other than missionary position, vaginal sex.

Now it probably does. Originally it was anal. Then oral was added. Then the rest, as you said. Those bible beaters trying to twist the law so everyone has boring sex, lame.

Robtard
Originally posted by ~The Wickerman~
OT God had the mentality of a 5 year old during a hissy fit. Trying to dissect what he meant by his actions is good fun for when you're bored but completely useless IMO.

More like a spoiled and jealous 14 year old girl, imo

Darth Jello
I'm pretty sure every male over the age of 18 here is a sodomite according to the legal definition.

Robtard
I'm pretty sure every male over the age of 18 here is a sodomite according to the legal definition.

Really depends how we use the term, personally, I associate the word only with anal penetration, call me old school.

You're probably right, though I'd go further to say just about everyone over 16 is some kind of sodomite.

Symmetric Chaos

I'm not smile

Robtard
I'm not smile

You're a virgin, not even oral sex?

Symmetric Chaos
You're a virgin, not even oral sex?

Yup.

Robtard
Yup.

Well I'll be damned, we have a pure person in out ranks. How old are you, if I may inquire.

Wait, have you ever stuck your own finger up your ass?

Symmetric Chaos
Well I'll be damned, we have a pure person in out ranks. How old are you, if I may inquire.

19, it's simply never come up. Erm, so to speak.

Wait, have you ever stuck your own finger up your ass?

No.

Why?

Darth Jello
Robtard likes to finger paint moustaches

Robtard
19, it's simply never come up. Erm, so to speak.

No.

Why?

No worries, there's no time limit.

If you had, you'd technically be a Sodomite, like the rest of us degenerates.

Bardock42

No.

Why?

Oh man, you need to try it, it's the best.

Ushgarak
Ok, we've gone off the topic here. Anyone have anything relevant to say?

There have also been complaints lately about the continual sexual/anatomical commentary going on. Complaints like this are being taken seriously so please make sure any questionable references you make are justified by context. No more random anal sex jokes in any old thread, thankyou.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Ushgarak

There have also been complaints lately about the continual sexual/anatomical commentary going on. Complaints like this are being taken seriously so please make sure any questionable references you make are justified by context. No more random anal sex jokes in any old thread, thankyou.

Oh man, I can just imagine Backfire crying in his bathroom alone.

I don't really know what's to discuss here though, it should probably be in one of the homosexuality and religion or is homosexuality a sin or something threads.

Robtard

Not completely off-topic, as we're talking about Sodomites and the laws of sodomy. That has something to do with Gods and death to gays.

I'd like to formally file a complain against those complainers, really now, what the **** is their problem?

Ushgarak
It had got to the point where it was off-topic. And this is a PG-13 forum and complaints about things that breach that are taken seriously.

Robtard
It had got to the point where it was off-topic. And this is a PG-13 forum and complaints about things that breach that are taken seriously.

Not to bust your balls, but wouldn't/shouldn't the censor take care of anything of that nature?

Bardock42
Not to bust your balls, but wouldn't/shouldn't the censor take care of anything of that nature?

I don't think so, it can't really censor concepts, it's also easy to avoid.

Really though, what is this thread about? Homophobes? Gays? Sodomy laws? I am confused.

Ushgarak

Err... no. As Bardock says.

jaden101

Really though, what is this thread about? Homophobes? Gays? Sodomy laws? I am confused.

laughing Yeah we always knew you were one of those "confused" people when it comes to sexuality.

Bardock42
laughing Yeah we always knew you were one of those "confused" people when it comes to sexuality.

Well, how can I be sure until I've tried everything?

jaden101
Well, how can I be sure until I've tried everything?

There's probably reviews on metacritic.

Bardock42
There's probably reviews on metacritic.

Soooooooo...some people say really dreadful things about gays inspired by their religion, though they probably wouldn't kill their disobedient children.

Robtard
Soooooooo...some people say really dreadful things about gays inspired by their religion, though they probably wouldn't kill their disobedient children.

This is because New Testament God (aka Jesus-God) loves children and is forgiving, but still hates the gay.

Bardock42
This is because New Testament God (aka Jesus-God) loves children and is forgiving, but still hates the gay. Is that actually in the bible?

Symmetric Chaos
Is that actually in the bible?

Exodus 4:9 - "And thus the LORD said to Moses 'love always the children and forgive all sins, oh, except for anal sex, that's just gross.'"

Robtard
Is that actually in the bible?

You can interpret the Bible many a way, so technically yes.

Jesus did away with the old laws, the laws of the Jews, eg stoning your insolent daughter, eye for an eye, not shaving beards, owning slaves from foreign lands, eating kosher etc., but apparently, he didn't do away with the likes of Leviticus 18:22, the one about one man sticking it to another man's passage.

Bardock42
You can interpret the Bible many a way, so technically yes.

Jesus did away with the old laws, the laws of the Jews, eg stoning your insolent daughter, eye for an eye, not shaving beards, owning slaves from foreign lands, eating kosher etc., but apparently, he didn't do away with the likes of Leviticus 18:22, the one about one man sticking it to another man's passage.

I probably should read that damn thing.

Robtard
I probably should read that damn thing.

This will please your lord and savior, Jesus.

Darth Jello
I'm pretty sure people shaved before Jesus, mainly because having a long beard on the battlefield is just stupid.

Regardless, where does it say in the bible, "though shalt threaten the men that lay with other men and brandish thine repeating semi-automatic instruments of fire and fury at the duly elected leader if his skin be ashen and find any damn excuse to cling to so thine peers doth not see thee as a wearer of white pointy hoods and terrorize thy fellow man thusly who come to chant approvals or just for free teriyaki chicken from thine local Thai establishment be it whom it is commanded to cater festivities"?

Robtard
Leviticus 19:27-28, no beard trimming. So maybe the Jews had a gentleman's rule that their would be no beard pulling during battles. No wonder the Romans and their clean-cut ways of war "pwned" them.

Leviticus 20:13, it talks about death to the gays, in the general sense of deathery.

Symmetric Chaos
Leviticus 20:13, it talks about death to the gays, in the general sense of deathery.

Technically it says "If a man has sex with a man as one does with a woman" which is very difficult unless the ancient Hebrews were totally obsessed with anal.

Robtard
Technically it says "If a man has sex with a man as one does with a woman" which is very difficult unless the ancient Hebrews were totally obsessed with anal.

So maybe God looks down upon men blowing each other?

Even older text adds "in the bed of a woman" at the end, which could be interpreted as 'men are allowed to **** other men, as long as they don't bring it to their wife's bed/home', which would make sense in a male-dominate society.

Are you saying they weren't, though!?

Darth Jello
The original Hebrew in the context of the times uses a slang word for one of the two instances of "man" which was misinterpreted when reread and the first word became misinterpreted and was further misinterpeted when translated into the septuagent.

Original meaning in Hebrew: When a male rapist/deviant lays with a man it is a sin

first misinterpretation in Hebrew due to dialectical and slang changes:

When a male homosexual/deviant lays with a man, it is a sin

Translation into Greek in the Septuagent: When a man lays with another man, it is a sin.

It's why when you translate from old hebrew, to later hebrew, to greek, to other languages, you get a whole bunch of bullshit that was never there in the first place.

Darth Jello
I'll give an example.

Say the Bible was originally written in Greek and contained a passage saying-

Taketh the Idiot and his peers and enlighten them to bring them salvation.

Now the term idiot originally meant a private citizen with no defined skills and the term enlighten of course means to educate.

Say this was translated by the british in the 16th century and is now translated as Take the idiot and show him the light of salvation. Now it's meaning is to show a fool the grace of god.

Translate that into modern English and you could come up with quarentine the fools in a church.

dadudemon
I'm well aware of the etymology of the word and it does make perfect sense, still, it could have been used after the fact, when the changing happened.

Yeah, as I was typing, it all seemed too familiar.

Indeed. Just a testament of how rehashed the GDF discussions are becoming, as of late.

The most accepted is that Sodom was full of sexual sin, male-on-male anal, unfaithful wives, orgies, bestiality etc. The final straw in God's eye was the gang of males who wanted to anal gang-rape the two angels in disguise in Lot's house.

Neither in DDM's house, ohh, see what I did there?

laughing laughing
WTF?

Yup.

I don't think that's a bad thing, bro.

Way to go. thumb up

The original Hebrew in the context of the times uses a slang word for one of the two instances of "man" which was misinterpreted when reread and the first word became misinterpreted and was further misinterpeted when translated into the septuagent.

Original meaning in Hebrew: When a male rapist/deviant lays with a man it is a sin

first misinterpretation in Hebrew due to dialectical and slang changes:

When a male homosexual/deviant lays with a man, it is a sin

Translation into Greek in the Septuagent: When a man lays with another man, it is a sin.

It's why when you translate from old hebrew, to later hebrew, to greek, to other languages, you get a whole bunch of bullshit that was never there in the first place.

Wow. That sounded very Mormon of you.

My personal take on this whole hate on gays from Christians:

Did you people learn nothing from the adulterous lady who was almost stoned to death? He told them "he who is sinless, let him cast the first stone."

DUH! None are sinless. IMO, that was both literal and metaphorical. The metaphor is DON'T judge your brothers and sisters. Don't persecute them. The very last thing you should do to a person you believe is sinning, is alienate them. You should welcome them into your church with open arms. Do people only go to the doctor when they are well? No. The best place for what one perceives as a sinner, which the shouldn't be doing anyway, is for that "sinner" to be at church, trying to better themselves.

Of course, that's just my interpretation of the sinful hate against gays.

On another note, but still on topic, Chrisitans and the like should stop forcing their religion on the secular world. Of course, not killing, not stealing...etc. Those are good laws. But other things that are not had in other religions or atheists (and the like) should not be forced on the secular world. I know that one of the US's founding principles was religious freedom. Where did that go? Even if that "religion" is the lack, thereof, where did our freedom go to? If you guys can't tell, I don't like many things that religious people do. It just so happens that today, it's Christians.

/diatribe

~The Wickerman~
On another note, but still on topic, Chrisitans and the like should stop forcing their religion on the secular world. Of course, not killing, not stealing...etc. Those are good laws. But other things that are not had in other religions or atheists (and the like) should not be forced on the secular world. I know that one of the US's founding principles was religious freedom. Where did that go? Even if that "religion" is the lack, thereof, where did our freedom go to? If you guys can't tell, I don't like many things that religious people do. It just so happens that today, it's Christians.

/diatribe

How are Christians forcing their religion on anyone? You're making it sound like Christianity is being injected into your body on a weekly basis. Do people force other people to go to Church or read the Bible in the US? I wasn't aware of this practice...

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>