What is Peak Human?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Martin
In the Comic Book 'Versus' Forum peak human is 616 Captain America or Batman.

What is peak human in this forum? Bourne? Batman? Snake Eyes? Achilles?

What's metahuman?

What's superhuman?

Not everyone has to agree. I just hope through debate and conversation we can all come to a better understanding.

Also remember you can be peak human in a certain area. In comics, Captain America is peak human in every stat, whereas Daredevil is only peak human in agility. For example, Beck could be peak human in strength and durability, but not speed.

Ms.Marvel
batman probably.

Darth Martin
Okay. What is your opinion on the metahuman status. If your idea of peak human is Batman, then what do you think of the Watchmen?

Kaibs
I think the watchmen would also be peakhuman, except the good Doc of course. Ozy might be a bit past peakhuman, but hes not insanely far from it.

Darth Martin
Okay, then what is your opinion on metahumans and superhumans. Who's the weakest metahuman IYO?

jaden101
Personally i'd rather keep all these ridiculously stupid classifications out of the movie vs forum altogether. They cause more problems than they solve given that there's more arugments and petty flaming and bickering about who falls into what catagory in the 1st place.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Darth Martin

What's metahuman?

What's superhuman?

Not everyone has to agree. I just hope through debate and conversation we can all come to a better understanding.

Also remember you can be peak human in a certain area. In comics, Captain America is peak human in every stat, whereas Daredevil is only peak human in agility. For example, Beck could be peak human in strength and durability, but not speed.

I'm no expert but as I understand it's something like this:

"Peak human" is just that, a human at the peak of physical fitness. Basically a top athlete.

"Metahuman" means their physical prowess is beyond human, but not to an extreme. Basically if someone saw them in action they might be able to just pass them off as an extraordinarily gifted human, provided they didn't do anything too 'out there'.

"Superhuman" refers to a power level that cannot be passed off as human at all. Stuff like smashing a tank etc.

jinXed by JaNx
Captain America is the best example i can think of when describing peak human abilities. Chilled monkey already covered it though. good job

Darth Martin
In comics sure. But the only representation of Cap we have is Ultimate and he's surely superhuman.

Impediment
Originally posted by chilled monkey

"Peak human" is just that, a human at the peak of physical fitness. Basically a top athlete.

"Metahuman" means their physical prowess is beyond human, but not to an extreme. Basically if someone saw them in action they might be able to just pass them off as an extraordinarily gifted human, provided they didn't do anything too 'out there'.

"Superhuman" refers to a power level that cannot be passed off as human at all. Stuff like smashing a tank etc.

Yeah.

What he said.

Nice one.

Impediment
In comics sure. But the only representation of Cap we have is Ultimate and he's surely superhuman.

Welllllllll..........UA Cap is a stretch, I have to agree, however he is still no Thor or Hulk. Hell, even Wolverine could be meta.

NemeBro
Peak human has been so warped in comics it is a meaningless term to be honest.

Shit, the average human being in Marvel or DC can military press their body weight above their heads, most humans IRL would have trouble benching that.

But, to answer your question by IRL terms.

Peak Human: Batman is the best answer I know of.

Metahuman: EVERYONE in Watchmen who was once a masked vigilante, except Manhattan of course. What the Watchmen did is above human performance, especially when you consider most of the Watchmen were out of shape, hell, Comedian was an old man.

Superhuman: Anyone who is blatantly above human ability.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Captain America is the best example i can think of when describing peak human abilities. Chilled monkey already covered it though. good job

Originally posted by Impediment
Yeah.

What he said.

Nice one.

Thanks.

BruceSkywalker
Peak Human= Batman

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by chilled monkey

Originally posted by NemeBro

Shit, the average human being in Marvel or DC can military press their body weight above their heads, most humans IRL would have trouble benching that.

Metahuman: EVERYONE in Watchmen who was once a masked vigilante, except Manhattan of course. What the Watchmen did is above human performance, especially when you consider most of the Watchmen were out of shape, hell, Comedian was an old man.

agree exactly about what a "superhuman" is where movies are concerned

NewJedi
*smile*

This subject/debate is always interesting to many. Many of the answers already mentioned are spot on. Here's a little insight from a buddy of mine who has written for DC and Marvel:

"DC is NOTORIOUS for keeping character's "prowess maximums" a bit nebulous. They have historically wanted characters to be able to supersede their imposed restrictions for the sake of the ultimate display of heroism. Marvel, on the other hand is a bit more definitive in making the indication for strength levels (especially since the advent of the 'Marvel Universe' comic-encyclopedias). Marvel will, however, COMPLETELY change a character's strength/prowess levels in a HEARTBEAT if they feel it will somehow serve their purposes for a storyline...take SABRETOOTH for example. Originally, he was designed with "peak human" strength (too somewhat match Wolverine). After the first X-men movie, he was stated as having Class 10 strength (Superhuman ability to lift/press 6-12 Tons)."

Interesting, huh?

Well, with my background in Fitness Training, a college running back athlete can clean and press (lifting a weight from the ground and
pressing it overhead) his own body weight ten to twelve times on average; with a male gymnast, that number usually falls to seven or eight repetitions. With a female gymnast, that number falls to no more than five reps (on AVERAGE). With powerlifters and quite a few bodybuilders (both male and female), that number hovers at twelve to fifteen repetitions.

With all that said, we both came to the these conclusions:

Clean and Press Indications (1 Repetition)

Average, non-sedentary Human Clean and Press - 80 - 110lbs (1 rep)

Athletic Human Clean and Press - Body weight for 3 - 6 reps

Collegiate/Pro Athlete Clean And Press - Body Weight for 8 to 12 reps

Peak Human Clean and Press - 350 - 500lbs (2 or 3 reps)

(Most non-superhuman heroes fall in between the previous
two "Real World" categories)

Meta Human Clean and Press - 500 - 1000lbs
(Most of the Watchmen in the recent Film)

Low Superhuman Clean and Press - up to 1 ton

Class 5 Clean and Press - up to 5 Tons
etc, etc,

So, to address Darth's statement: Original Capt. America was just in the cusp of Metahuman (in an Avenger's comic, Cap has been displayed doing barbell curls with 500lbs). In the Ultimates, Ultimate Cap has definitely received an "upgrade" and is in the low-end of the
Low SuperHuman Clean and Press. In the Ultimate Avengers movie, I remember seeing Cpt. America "rolling upright" an overturned, military truck by himself (and without SERIOUS strain)...THAT is superhuman.

\\S//

What's metahuman?

What's superhuman?

Peak human is as far as a human can go without being a metahuman/superhuman, a metahuman is a human that has undergone radical evolutionary augmentation, and a super human is a man or woman that is not human at all, meaning they have been trancended into a higher level of being. Then there is God-like, then there is God assuming there can can be more than one God, and then there is Nigh-Omnipotent, one who can do nearly everything but is still limited or set-back by very little boundries, and then there is Omnipotent, meaning they can do all things and are not limited by anything, and have no boundries. And then there is another type of God, one that cannot be replaced or ended, one who didn't have a beginning, and there can be only One Being as such.

So it goes:
Singular God: Yahweh/Jehova/Allah
Omnipotent: The One-Above-All
Nigh-Omnipotent: The Spectre
Gods: Zeus
Godlike: Dr. Manhattan
Superhuman: Superman
Metahuman: Spiderman
Peak Human: Adam and Eve

Adrian Veidt and Bruce Wayne were in better physical condition than any other man alive at that time or in any time around that era, but Adam was in the best human condition possible, yet still not in the metahuman condition that Captain America was in.

The Tonne Class measurement of strength becomes irrelevant when you observe God-like beings, and can be in the several octillions of tons when you are Superhuman.

dadudemon

Yup.

This is a really good post.

Smashing a man's head through 8-12 inches of a solid slab of treated and polished marble is most definitely above peak human. The fact that the comedian's head did not just splatter on that slab of marble, but instead pulverized the marble, puts Comedian's durability waaaay above human. Kicking Rorsach 30 feet in the air, away from himself puts Ozy's strength several times above peak human. Let's not get into Ozy's speed which was shown in a nice relative

BTW, I can press my own weight above my head about 5 times (on a good day...some days, I'm just blah.). awesome (I weigh about 220lbs, 15.7 stone, or 100 kgs).

Quincy
I would say the Watchmen characters are just exagerated peak humans.

Metahuman implies some sort of superpower. The crimebusters were just human's who worked out.

Nephthys
Flash Gordon. cool

He has Peak Epic Win factor.

Rogue Jedi
Riddick?

dadudemon
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Riddick?

No. He is most definitely above peak human. Strength, endurance, and sight.

Rogue Jedi
He's not human, he's Furyan.

Bardock42
Originally posted by jaden101
Personally i'd rather keep all these ridiculously stupid classifications out of the movie vs forum altogether. They cause more problems than they solve given that there's more arugments and petty flaming and bickering about who falls into what catagory in the 1st place.

So true.

dadudemon
He's not human, he's Furyan.

B-But I never said he was human.

Robtard
Originally posted by Quincy
I would say the Watchmen characters are just exagerated peak humans.

Metahuman implies some sort of superpower. The crimebusters were just human's who worked out.

Not Ozymandias, at least. He's super-human. I just watched the Watchmen: Ultimate Edition this weekend.

Kicking Rorschah airborne well over 30 feet (was something closer to 50). Tossing a very thick/heavy chair about 30-40 feet into Nightowl like it was one of those cheap plastic and aluminum ones and jumping 10 feet up; then 40-50 feet across and catching a bullet is definitely signs of super-powered individual.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
Not Ozymandias, at least. He's super-human. I just watched the Watchmen: Ultimate Edition this weekend.

Kicking Rorschah airborne well over 30 feet (was something closer to 50). Tossing a very thick/heavy chair about 30-40 feet into Nightowl like it was one of those cheap plastic and aluminum ones and jumping 10 feet up; then 40-50 feet across and catching a bullet is definitely signs of super-powered individual.

Not to mention, moving at a speeds relative to a bullet. Watch that slow mo scene again. I did a guess math on it and he would have had to move his head in the hundreds of MPH.

NemeBro
Riddick? A man, I would estimate was about 200 pounds, jumped Riddick from overhead, Riddick effortlessly stopped him and held him in midair with a straight arm.

Can a peak human do this?

Robtard
A man, I would estimate was about 200 pounds, jumped Riddick from overhead, Riddick effortlessly stopped him and held him in midair with a straight arm.

Can a peak human do this?

Vin Diesel can.

NemeBro
Vin Diesel can. I reiterate, can a mere peak human do that? 131

dadudemon
I reiterate, can a mere peak human do that? 131
Nope. It would snap the holy crap out of any human's arm. Even a giant's arm that has bone's 3-4 times thicker.

Rogue Jedi
Furyan, dude, Furyan.

KingD19
Riddick also did that thing when he rolled to the ceiling on that, rope, then fell down to break his cuffs, that should have ripped his arms off. And getting hit with that gravity gun literally caved in the chests of humans and necromongers, Riddick took it with a grunt. He's super-furyan. And if that isn't enough of a reason, he has an actual super power. The Wrath of the Furyan ability.

Rogue Jedi
He didn't get hit by the energy gun, he held a Necromonger up and the Necromonger took the brunt of the impact.

KingD19
I could swear he got hit by one and it sent him flying and spinning around??? I'll probably watch it again. I still have no doubt he could have taken a direct hit from one, he would have been hurt, but not killed.

Rogue Jedi
That's the scene, the Necro took the hit, Riddick went flying.

Hewhoknowsall
Batman
Frank
James Bond
James Bourne
Bruce Lee (in his movies, and you could argue real life as well)
etc.

dadudemon
Furyan, dude, Furyan.

Nemebro specifically said "peak-human", and I was describing to him why even a peak human would not have been able to do what the Furyan did.

Quincy

I know, but he's...human. He has no superpowers. He's just a guy.

KingD19
Super Strength
Super Speed
Enhanced Reaction Time
Super Smart

All of those are considered powers.

Rogue Jedi
Gabe Law, YuLaw.

KingD19
They're both Super Human as well RJ, you know that.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by KingD19
They're both Super Human as well RJ, you know that.

I was replying to this:

Originally posted by KingD19
Super Strength
Super Speed
Enhanced Reaction Time
Super Smart

All of those are considered powers.

They have these attributes, that's all I was saying.

KingD19
Ahhhh, gotcha.

Quincy

Right yeah I got that. It's just...he is only a human. He has no superpowers.

I think if you all really think its necessary to have all these sub-categories for strength, Watchmen characters should be taken out. Normally those feats would be considered use of superpowers, but they don't actually have them. So...

Robtard
I know, but he's...human. He has no superpowers. He's just a guy.

A guy who displayed super-human abilities, at least on film.

Comic he was different, with the exception of the bullet catch, but that could be attributed to a high-level of speed, dexterity, reacting time and luck.

Rogue Jedi
Plus he likes the cock.

Robtard
Plus he likes the cock.

I think you like the cock, with as many times you've said that.

Rogue Jedi
I think you like the cock, with as many times you've said that. Wishful thinking on your part.

NemeBro
Right yeah I got that. It's just...he is only a human. He has no superpowers.

I think if you all really think its necessary to have all these sub-categories for strength, Watchmen characters should be taken out. Normally those feats would be considered use of superpowers, but they don't actually have them. So... He has super strength, speed, reflexes, intellect, and endurance.

He is not "only a human."

Yes, they do have them, or do you have reason to believe every human in Watchmen possesses enhanced physical capabilities?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.