Star Wars Vs Skynet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jinXed by JaNx
The emperor has ordered a fleet to wipe out Skynet so that the empire may lay claim to the planet. The empires fleet consists of

50-At-At Walkers
100-At-St Walkers
60-bombers
260-Tie Fighters
10,000-(ground) imperial troopers.
60-Gunships

Skynet is a machine city that constantly produces new machines. It's defenses is made up of

300-Hunter Killer Tanks
200-Aerial-Hunter Killers
89-Quadrupeds
40-Bi-peds.
80- cycle Hunter Killers (the cycle bots that came off of the bi-ped in Salvation)
300 T-600's
8000-T-800's
3-T=x's
2 T-1000's

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa200/Maddoggy25/Family/WDW_Summer_06/imperial_walker.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i259/Jango-Fett/AT-ST%20Walker/movie_bg.jpg

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc164/uchihaleader/Terminator/HunterKiller-1.jpg

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t54/godsend200/T2_Hunter_Killer_Tank.jpg

Can the fleet conquer skynet and clear the planet for the emperor

Rogue Jedi
Dude, SW in the most epic of stomps.

Darth Martin
I think the addition of the AT-AT Walkers sealed this for the vehicle battle. The ground troop battle will be a slaughter in SkyNet's favor though. Have to ponder this one.......

Rogue Jedi
The TIE's and troops alone are enough.

Darth Martin
Troops are going to be slaughtered. T-800's>>>Droids

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Dude, SW in the most epic of stomps.

Really, you think so? Like, that easy...,nah man, i think this is going to be a hard battle.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Troops are going to be slaughtered. T-800's>>>Droids Droids? You mean stormtroopers.

Darth Martin
It's certainly no stomp. The way I see it is Skynet dominates the ground soldier battle and Empire dominates other vehicles.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Really, you think so? Like, that easy...,nah man, i think this is going to be a hard battle. How? What does skynet have to offer that can match a TIE? The TIE's will be so fast that the skynet wont be able to track them.

jinXed by JaNx
How? What does skynet have to offer that can match a TIE? The TIE's will be so fast that the skynet wont be able to track them.

Why can't skynet track the tie fighters?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Why can't skynet track the tie fighters? Because they're like too fast and stuff. What does skynet have to offer that can take on TIE's?

Nemesis X
Walkers were easily owned by Ewoks for god sakes.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Walkers were easily owned by Ewoks for god sakes. Dude, dont, just dont. If you go there, I'll say a terminator was pwned by a frightened little woman.

Darth Martin
Walkers were easily owned by Ewoks for god sakes. Not the AT-AT Walkers.

Rogue Jedi
Not the AT-AT Walkers. Indeed.

Nemesis X
Not the AT-AT Walkers.

Well one AT-AT was destroyed because Luke threw a grenade up its arsenal. Skynet will obviously detect this flaw in the Walkers and may send in Terminators to climb up it if possible.

Rogue Jedi
Well one AT-AT was destroyed because Luke threw a grenade up its arsenal. Skynet will obviously detect this flaw in the Walkers and may send in Terminators to climb up it if possible. Obviously roll eyes (sarcastic) Has it never occured to you that the Empire had been at war with the Rebels for years and learned this over many years?

gobstakid777
Skynet in an epic win
T-1000's and TXs are gonna go through the storm troopers like a hot knife through butter.I give the Battle 20 minutes top.

Darth Martin
I think I might have to go with Skynet on this one.

Rogue Jedi
You guys seriously think the Empire cant destroy 3 TX's and 2 T 1000's?

The T 600's and 800's will be obliterated by the walkers and TIE's, as will everything else that Skynet has to offer, the TX's and T 1000's are really the only challenge here.

jinXed by JaNx
Because they're like too fast and stuff. What does skynet have to offer that can take on TIE's?

Rogue Jedi
Skynet has fought humans and human technology. SW technology against Skynet results in a SW stomp.

jinXed by JaNx
You guys seriously think the Empire cant destroy 3 TX's and 2 T 1000's?

The T 600's and 800's will be obliterated by the walkers and TIE's, as will everything else that Skynet has to offer, the TX's and T 1000's are really the only challenge here.

hmmm

Nemesis X
Obviously roll eyes (sarcastic) Has it never occured to you that the Empire had been at war with the Rebels for years and learned this over many years?

Skynet is far more intelligent than the Rebel Alliance.

jinXed by JaNx
Skynet is far more intelligent than the Rebel Alliance.

yeah, thay actually hit what thier aiming at laughing out loud

Rogue Jedi
Skynet is far more intelligent than the Rebel Alliance. Sure, thats why they sent Terminators back in time........HOW many times and failed?

Nemesis X
Sure, thats why they sent Terminators back in time........HOW many times and failed?

That's because the Terminators had their asses kicked by another Terminator that was reprogrammed to protect John.

Rogue Jedi
That's because the Terminators had their asses kicked by another Terminator that was reprogrammed to protect John. Wanna rethink that?

dadudemon
Skynet, with ease.

They don't even have to try and they win.

I think this is too one sided.

You need to give the Empire some Super Star Destroyers to bombard from outerspace.

celestialdemon
Star Wars wins. Can't see Skynet overcoming the Tie Fighters.

gobstakid777
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Star Wars wins. Can't see Skynet overcoming the Tie Fighters.
skynet mutilates

Kaibs
*sighs* I have to agree with Rogue, and say the Empire wins. Pretty handily as well. The Super Battle Droids, and Droidika alone would be plenty for the Terminators to handle, not ot mention you add all the heavy weapons like ATST's and shit its going to be pretty bad for them. Adding air for the empire is just going to make it all that worse.

XanatosForever
The Empire is not the Trade Federation. They don't utilize droids for combat.

Scarlet Fox
by the looks of it there ARE no droids for the Starwars team. It seems to be Classic SW.

And it doesnt matter if Skynet only fights modern humans. thier weaponry is superior. I mean Skynets 80 Cycle Hunter Kills could take out half of the 10,000 Storm Troopers and the 3 -Tx's and the 2 T-1000s would take out the rest easy peasy.

then you have the 300 Hunter Killer Tanks that would finish the 150 Walkers.

Its about numbers really. And from what I have seen through the StarWars Saga and the Terminator Saga Skynet seems to have the better weapons.

Now remember, Starwars isnt set "In the Future" its in another galaxy. So that doesnt mean StarWars Weapons are better because they are from the future.

Skynet wins this.

Bouboumaster
Empire stomp: Skynet fight in the future poor equiped human while the Empire are the ultimate evil badasses, if you excluse the "Ewoks part".

gobstakid777
skynet has the far superior tech,and their governed by computers,which means perfect battle tactics.skynet owns

Kaibs
LOLZ a computer means perfect battle tactics really? Last time I checked the best battle strategies in history are from great generals who were amazing strategists.

gobstakid777
Originally posted by Kaibs
LOLZ a computer means perfect battle tactics really? Last time I checked the best battle strategies in history are from great generals who were amazing strategists.
who had amazing analytical minds.computers have even greater analytical minds,and unlike humans,aren't clouded by conscience

Scarlet Fox
Exactly. Plus Skynet is a learning computer. Even if the SW guys have the upper hand at first the Skynet guys will just stragegize against it.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Scarlet Fox
by the looks of it there ARE no droids for the Starwars team. It seems to be Classic SW.

And it doesnt matter if Skynet only fights modern humans. thier weaponry is superior. I mean Skynets 80 Cycle Hunter Kills could take out half of the 10,000 Storm Troopers and the 3 -Tx's and the 2 T-1000s would take out the rest easy peasy.

then you have the 300 Hunter Killer Tanks that would finish the 150 Walkers.

Its about numbers really. And from what I have seen through the StarWars Saga and the Terminator Saga Skynet seems to have the better weapons.

Now remember, Starwars isnt set "In the Future" its in another galaxy. So that doesnt mean StarWars Weapons are better because they are from the future.

Skynet wins this.

Sexy genius, right there.

And this was my point.

The only way to take out a T-1000 appears to be throwing it into 3000 degree molten metal.

I don't see how even a the heavy blaster fire from an AT-AT will do anything but splatter it. He will just pull himself back together.

gobstakid777
Originally posted by dadudemon
Sexy genius, right there.

damn right wink

Kaibs
Even if it's OG Starwars I still dont see them losing. I dont see the Hunter Killer Tanks taking out the ATATs or ATST, not to mention whos to say that starwars weaponry doesnt effect the terminators? We all know bullets and shit bounce off, but once again this is comparing apples and oranges, however. but because of the superior air i still say that SW takes it.

Scarlet Fox
Okay okay.... Lets look at it this way...

In the Terminator movie Salvation you see them shoot the Terminator once and it fell down. But factor this.. THOSE Humans KNEW where the CPU is in the terminators so they can aim for that.

If you are talking about ONE fight between the numbers given originally I see Skynet winning. The best way to kill one of the Machines is to take out its CPU. Now we have seen in Terminator 1 the t-800 got BLOWN UP and it was still going.

And when I say better weapons I DO NOT MEAN THE GUNS! StarWars side is all human. Not single one is Automated like the Skynet side. You have to either, Crush, Melt, or get a direct hit on the CPU to take one of these Mo-Fos down.

Are you telling me StarWars KNOWS where the CPU is in Each type of Terminator EVEN THOUGH they just met and started to fight?

Kaibs
Im not telling you they KNOW where it's at but im also not telling you they CANT find IT. Because in short. They CAN. Not to mention if they have direct communications with someone with the FORCE that opens up a huge spectrum of possibilities. ANd they arent human.s THey're clones, with all of Jangos good things that made him a great soldier and none of the bad.

dadudemon
Im not telling you they KNOW where it's at but im also not telling you they CANT find IT. Because in short. They CAN. Not to mention if they have direct communications with someone with the FORCE that opens up a huge spectrum of possibilities. ANd they arent human.s THey're clones, with all of Jangos good things that made him a great soldier and none of the bad.

No, you're missing the point of Jango Fett.

He was so awesome because of his intelligence, quick thinking, and independence.

When they removed the indendence from the clones, they removed a very central portion of Jango's "abilities."

They sacrificed that for an intelligent and responsive field unit: the clone.

The clones were inferior to Jango.

As for what she was saying, no force sensitives are here.

On top of that, a blaster bolt from an AT - AT will do nothing but slow down a T-1000. One T - 1000 could take out all of the Empire forces. It may take a bit, but they have no way of destroying him short of dissolving him in a vat of molten metal. Where is this molten Metal that the Star Wars people are supposed to have?

Scarlet Fox
No No no. Read the List.

There are NO Jedi, No Sith, No Force users in this fight. Im going off what the Thread Creater gave us.

And im not saying they CANT find it, Im saying the fight will be over before they do

Kaibs
No, you're missing the point of Jango Fett.

He was so awesome because of his intelligence, quick thinking, and independence.

When they removed the indendence from the clones, they removed a very central portion of Jango's "abilities."

They sacrificed that for an intelligent and responsive field unit: the clone.

The clones were inferior to Jango.

As for what she was saying, no force sensitives are here.

On top of that, a blaster bolt from an AT - AT will do nothing but slow down a T-1000. One T - 1000 could take out all of the Empire forces. It may take a bit, but they have no way of destroying him short of dissolving him in a vat of molten metal. Where is this molten Metal that the Star Wars people are supposed to have?

First of all you dont know a blaster bolt from an ATAT will do nothing. And we dont know that it will. And i fyou think a single T-1000 can take out all of the empires forces you are on crack man. The DLT-20A Blaster and the DLT-19 Heavy Blaster would do more than slow them down. You keep having this theory the only way to kill a terminator is lava. That is definitely not the case.

Scarlet Fox
the T-1000 is the Liquid Terminator so the only way to kill that one IS to melt it.... and he DIDNT say one could take them all out.

Kaibs
Read teh quote again I believe you're unbelievably mistaken.

Scarlet Fox
oh lol... well my bad

And No only one could not. Wether Skynet has better weapons or not the empire still has Lazer weaponry. The Lazer would go through the liquid destroying it. One shot ANYWHERE woyuldnt kill the T-1000 but if 10,000 Storm Troppers opened fire on his ass then only one wouldnt last long.

Kaibs
Exactly. Their weapons are THERMAL based. Since they're not bullets at all. I don't see why thats not realized. Im not saying hte T-1000 will do nothing and just die but he wont get very far with people targeting his ass.

Scarlet Fox
But yes.... If it is only ONE T-1000 against the Empire then the Empire wins...

BUT, with the List of players givin in the first post Skynet wins. The list givin for the Empire have too few numbers to win.

I am NOT saying Skynet wins EASY. Im just saying at the end thier better advanced weapons and higher numbers win.

Kaibs
They dont though. The only reason and you KNOW is that the SW weapons look inferior is because the movies were made in teh god damn 80s. Anyways given the things that Empire sends out I dont see how youre saying the Empire is underweaponed thats just wrong. The Stormtroopers alone will take out alot of shit. Some will die as well. You're not takin ginto account of all the other things hitting as well. The clones arent stupid. They know what to target and when to target it.

Scarlet Fox
-.-'

..... The NUMBER of guys listed in the FIRST post for each team says that the Empire side is OUTNUMBERED.

Not to Mention ONE t-800 could take out 10 Storm Troopers before it dies IF THEY ARE LUCKY.

Kaibs
-.-'

..... The NUMBER of guys listed in the FIRST post for each team says that the Empire side is OUTNUMBERED.

Not to Mention ONE t-800 could take out 10 Storm Troopers before it dies IF THEY ARE LUCKY.

I dont mean to be an ******* but get out a calculator and add it up because apparently you cant add. Another thing you obviously havent considered is thermal carpet bombings. Which is very easily dobale simutanisiously with Tie Fighter attackings. The Empire is everything but outnumbered.

Scarlet Fox
omg i didnt mean literally outnumbered. didnt you see the next part? One T-800 could kill 10 Storm Troopers before it dies.... and the Tie Fighters would be too busy with Skynets Air units to worry about those on the ground unless Specifically asked to do so.

Kaibs
Air Units? SKynet isnt even sending out that many airunits. The Tie Fighters would deal with that easily not to mention the AA that the Troopers would have anyways. As for your theory of one T-800 Taking out 10 Troopers. I say bullshit. 1 T-800 couldnt even take out one ****ing woman in a movie.

Scarlet Fox
omg... Thats because Kyle Reese knew what the **** they were dealing with and the ****ing RAN!!!

Kaibs
It snot goign to take long for the Empire to know what the **** they're dealing with. THey're not ignorant nor stupid. And I dont care if they ran. The terminator should of easily dealt with a single woman and her sons son from the future. Considering he didnt even bring back weapons with him.

Scarlet Fox
.... Terminator 1 Sarah Connor and Kyle Reese faced a T-800. They Ran. They got REALLY lucky. But they Survived..

this is a full on War. The Storm Troopers are NOT running away. they are going head on while the Skynet guys are going head on. While the Stormtroopers are firing at the Terminators they get one hit on the Teminator it keeps going.. One hit on the Storm trooper hes gone.

Skynet HAS their weapons. Not Modern day weaponry.

Storm Troopers are human. Granted they are clones, but STILL human.

Skynet is ALL Robots

Kaibs
The empire also has their weaponry which is way better than modern day weaponry. Also whos to say that a stormtrooper doesnt figure out where to hit? Or a any person in the empire? You keep assuming they wont bring down the terminators easily which is fine becuase thats the bulk of your argument. However they would, and do it pretty handidly. The troopers arent going to just run around like idiots they're going to use strategy, and not just die.

gobstakid777
It snot goign to take long for the Empire to know what the **** they're dealing with. THey're not ignorant nor stupid. And I dont care if they ran. The terminator should of easily dealt with a single woman and her sons son from the future. Considering he didnt even bring back weapons with him.
if sarah didn't have kyle's help,she would've been screwed

Scarlet Fox
So your saying a human being who finally sees a robot shooting him will Find out... JUST by looking at him.. where EXACTLY to shoot and THEN have the accuracy to hit that Tiny little spot where the CPU is?

Scarlet Fox
Originally posted by gobstakid777
if sarah didn't have kyle's help,she would've been screwed
I agree with that... which is why i said Kyle knew what he was dealing with

Kaibs
So your saying a human being who finally sees a robot shooting him will Find out... JUST by looking at him.. where EXACTLY to shoot and THEN have the accuracy to hit that Tiny little spot where the CPU is?

Why do you keep assuming they're humans? Also why do you keep assuming they're idiots? You realize they do have scanners and technology too right? I mean seriously you know that right? THey're slinging rocks at them like ****in cavemen you know that right? As for the accuracy once again you must not know much about the stormtroopers or their specialties.

Scarlet Fox
... Storm Troopers ARE human. they are not Cyborgs or anything. Granted they could have a Cybernetic arm or leg but Over all they are human.

and i didnt say they are slinging rocks. Im trying to be serious here. Why are you getting so upset?

I didnt say The Empire does not have scanners. But COULD they Scan them? If so How long will the scan take?

and let me play it like you jsut did.... "You do know the Storm Troopers accuracy is so great and that they find out where to shoot so easily that they line up like to old ages and fire one shot each killing all of them... You know that right?"

try to be a bit more adult here. Its just a "What If" Scenario.

dadudemon
First of all you dont know a blaster bolt from an ATAT will do nothing.

Yes I do.

You don't, apparently.

And we dont know that it will.

It will do something. It would punch a whole through his body. Then, he will heal it back up.

A larger blast will splatter him to pieces, then he will pull himself back together.

And i fyou think a single T-1000 can take out all of the empires forces you are on crack man.

Show me where the Empire has ever use Molten metal, ever, and then I'll agree with you crack statement.

Until then, you remain uberly pwned.

The DLT-20A Blaster and the DLT-19 Heavy Blaster would do more than slow them down. You keep having this theory the only way to kill a terminator is lava. That is definitely not the case.

No.

No.

Aaaaand no.

Blaster bolts of any kind would do nothing but slow them down. And I'm not talking about any terminator. I'm talking about a T-1000.

On top of that, it looks like the T-800 shows a nice resistance to molten metal. (Not lava.)

And, it is the case. You just don't want to admit it because you already sided with Star Wars.

You do know that it's okay to change your mind, right?

Kaibs
... Storm Troopers ARE human. they are not Cyborgs or anything. Granted they could have a Cybernetic arm or leg but Over all they are human.

and i didnt say they are slinging rocks. Im trying to be serious here. Why are you getting so upset?

I didnt say The Empire does not have scanners. But COULD they Scan them? If so How long will the scan take?

and let me play it like you jsut did.... "You do know the Storm Troopers accuracy is so great and that they find out where to shoot so easily that they line up like to old ages and fire one shot each killing all of them... You know that right?"

try to be a bit more adult here. Its just a "What If" Scenario.

Im not getting upset at all. All that's going on is a nice friendly debate. I don't get pissed or upset at least over this. Theres only one poster here who annoys me and I assure you it's not you. Now back to the topic. They're not humans please tell me anywhere where it says they're human. THey look alot like humans and function like them but they're not. Now anyways as for scaning we dont know how long it takes it could be short and it oculd be long. I'd like to think it'd be short you'd like to think it'd be long. Just like you'd like to think they're weapons wont do shit i LIke to think they will. This arguement will no where is which is fine, however as I can clearly see neither of us is going to back down on it as well.

Kaibs
Yes I do.

You don't, apparently.

It will do something. It would punch a whole through his body. Then, he will heal it back up.

A larger blast will splatter him to pieces, then he will pull himself back together.

Show me where the Empire has ever use Molten metal, ever, and then I'll agree with you crack statement.

Until then, you remain uberly pwned.

No.

No.

Aaaaand no.

Blaster bolts of any kind would do nothing but slow them down. And I'm not talking about any terminator. I'm talking about a T-1000.

On top of that, it looks like the T-800 shows a nice resistance to molten metal. (Not lava.)

And, it is the case. You just don't want to admit it because you already sided with Star Wars.

You do know that it's okay to change your mind, right?

Really you know all that stuff? I mean awesome you gotta link me to these movies where you know this shit. Also Im not siding with Star Wars because it's star wars. Im siding with them becuase they'd win in the scenario.

Scarlet Fox
The Storm Troopers are Clones of a human. Clone Meaning Copy. They are not TRUE humans but they have the same systems. Heart, Lungs, Skin, Blood. they are basically humans with no belly buttons. Like the tv show Kyle X.Y... o.o .... anyway, They are human and if not fully then pretty damn close. They are Living Flesh with Organs inside. If a heart gets hit they die.

Skynet knows the human body and will either aim for the head or the chest. either hit will kill a Storm trooper. and that white suit they use is definatly NOT armor.

dadudemon
Im not getting upset at all. All that's going on is a nice friendly debate. I don't get pissed or upset at least over this. Theres only one poster here who annoys me and I assure you it's not you. Now back to the topic. They're not humans please tell me anywhere where it says they're human. THey look alot like humans and function like them but they're not. Now anyways as for scaning we dont know how long it takes it could be short and it oculd be long. I'd like to think it'd be short you'd like to think it'd be long. Just like you'd like to think they're weapons wont do shit i LIke to think they will. This arguement will no where is which is fine, however as I can clearly see neither of us is going to back down on it as well.

What kind of rubbish is this?

They are humans. More specifically, human clones.

And, yes, 1 T-800 for 10 or more clone troopers. Easily.

And one T-1000 can take out all of the forces listed. They are assassins. They can make themselves look like anyone. They can even completely disappear into a puddle.

Case in point: T-1000 mimics the field commander and tells them all to stop firing and retreat. They get slaughtered. He could also mimic and order the Ties to fire on the AT-ATs, AT-STs, and clone troopers. Remember, the clone troopers will follow orders well beyond what any regular human would do: they were designed that way.

Since we go by movie feats, this is well with in the manipulative capabilities of a T-1000 and is very likely a technique employed. Anything to turn the tide.

Scarlet Fox

And one T-1000 can take out all of the forces listed. They are assassins. They can make themselves look like anyone. They can even completely disappear into a puddle.

Case in point: T-1000 mimics the field commander and tells them all to stop firing and retreat. They get slaughtered. He could also mimic and order the Ties to fire on the AT-ATs, AT-STs, and clone troopers. Remember, the clone troopers will follow orders well beyond what any regular human would do: they were designed that way.

Since we go by movie feats, this is well with in the manipulative capabilities of a T-1000 and is very likely a technique employed. Anything to turn the tide.
Wow. thanks. You said it alot better then me ^_^ I forgot about the Mimic thingy

Kaibs
The protected the troopers from very harsh environments as well as projectiles and kinetic energy weapons. The armor might be penetrated by a blaster bolt, but it reduced damage from the bolts significantly. The body glove allowed for operation in warm or cold climates, however it could protect the trooper from almost any environment -- from total vacuum conditions to the very extremes in cold and heat for a very limited period of time. * Automatic polarizing and anti-flash blinding lenses protected the trooper against intense glare and provided them with enhanced combat vision or "Holographic Vision Processors" (which allowed vision through many barriers such as smoke, darkness and fire.

* Multi-Frequency Targeting and Acquisition System (MFTAS) helped with the stormtroopers' perception in darkness as well as smoke and other visibility obscuring conditions.

Additionally, stormtrooper helmets contained features such as:

* Built-in comlink (see below)
* Advanced Breathing Filters (which acted as protection against chemical and biological attacks, as well as toxins)
* Cooling and atmosphere control systems

* The gloves were powered up during Hand-to-Hand combat (power gloves).
* The stomach armor contained a Manual Suit Seal and environmental controls.
* The thigh armor had a reinforced alloy plate ridge
* The lower right side, near the knee contained the suits system power cells.
* The left upper side of the shin armor had a sniper position knee protector plate.
* IFF circuitry was in the back of the suit for identification and command purposes for identifying each other.
* A Proper Resonator to open secure doors

And this was the standard trooper not even the shocktroopers snipers or heavy troopers.

dadudemon
Really you know all that stuff?

Yup. Sure do.

I mean awesome you gotta link me to these movies where you know this shit.

T-3. The T-800s don't seem very phased against energy based weapons.

The T-1000 is an improvement on that. Badda boom.

No you end up with a character that can absorb almost any kinetic weaponry.

The only thing it seems susceptible to id dissolving in a pool of molten metal. Sure, everything else slows it down, but not even fire slowed it down too much. (Remember the semi that caught fire and it just walked right out of the mess, no problem? Yeah. That. A blaster bolt will do jack.)

Also Im not siding with Star Wars because it's star wars. Im siding with them becuase they'd win in the scenario.

I never said that. I said you were siding with them, even though it's quite obvious the Empire loses when someone other than Star Wars fanboys explained how things would really go down.

Kaibs

Point and case htey can not mimic weapons Or anything with moving parts. Which their suit kind has since it has powercells And if they could they also have scanners that would clearly indiciate they are not who they are mimicinig.

dadudemon
The protected the troopers from very harsh environments as well as projectiles and kinetic energy weapons. The armor might be penetrated by a blaster bolt, but it reduced damage from the bolts significantly. The body glove allowed for operation in warm or cold climates, however it could protect the trooper from almost any environment -- from total vacuum conditions to the very extremes in cold and heat for a very limited period of time. * Automatic polarizing and anti-flash blinding lenses protected the trooper against intense glare and provided them with enhanced combat vision or "Holographic Vision Processors" (which allowed vision through many barriers such as smoke, darkness and fire.

* Multi-Frequency Targeting and Acquisition System (MFTAS) helped with the stormtroopers' perception in darkness as well as smoke and other visibility obscuring conditions.

Additionally, stormtrooper helmets contained features such as:

* Built-in comlink (see below)
* Advanced Breathing Filters (which acted as protection against chemical and biological attacks, as well as toxins)
* Cooling and atmosphere control systems

* The gloves were powered up during Hand-to-Hand combat (power gloves).
* The stomach armor contained a Manual Suit Seal and environmental controls.
* The thigh armor had a reinforced alloy plate ridge
* The lower right side, near the knee contained the suits system power cells.
* The left upper side of the shin armor had a sniper position knee protector plate.
* IFF circuitry was in the back of the suit for identification and command purposes for identifying each other.
* A Proper Resonator to open secure doors

And this was the standard trooper not even the shocktroopers snipers or heavy troopers.

Movie feats. Prove that this was the case, by using the movies. smile

But, it doesn't help your side, at all.

Kaibs
Yup. Sure do.

T-3. The T-800s don't seem very phased against energy based weapons.

The T-1000 is an improvement on that. Badda boom.

No you end up with a character that can absorb almost any kinetic weaponry.

The only thing it seems susceptible to id dissolving in a pool of molten metal. Sure, everything else slows it down, but not even fire slowed it down too much. (Remember the semi that caught fire and it just walked right out of the mess, no problem? Yeah. That. A blaster bolt will do jack.)

I never said that. I said you were siding with them, even though it's quite obvious the Empire loses when someone other than Star Wars fanboys explained how things would really go down.

Im sorry where in the movies does it show the T-800's taking energy bolts and blaster bolts from a SW weapon. It doesnt. You're assumign they'd take it and simply just keep moving on. You think taht all this would do is slow them down when thats not even the case.

Scarlet Fox
How do you know they have scanners in thier helmets? They would have to suspect it before they do a scan. And if T-1000 can mimic a human and clothing. So why not a human in the Storm Trooper suit?

dadudemon
Point and case htey can not mimic weapons Or anything with moving parts. Which their suit kind has since it has powercells And if they could they also have scanners that would clearly indiciate they are not who they are mimicinig.

It would mimic the suite, no problem. It just wouldn't have the same functionality.

You do know that it created itself clothes, sun glasses, and a helmet, no problem, right?

To say it would have problems with a two-colored suite that is very simple, would be a gross oversight on your.

Kaibs
Im not saying that it cant mimic the suit. I know it could. However it couldnt mimic any of its weapons at all. As for this debate I am going to take a break from it as it's not worth going back and forth like this trying to prove something that can't be proved. I still say the Troops win. And you can say that the Termiantors win. Either way you can't prove me wrong as I cant prove you wrong.

dadudemon
Im sorry where in the movies does it show the T-800's taking energy bolts and blaster bolts from a SW weapon.

The energy weapons from Skynet are superior to the energy weapons from star wars. Velocity, temperature, destructive power.

Taking a measly blaster bolt, bolts that act more like hot bullets more than anything else, would be no problem for a T-800 and certainly a cake walk for a T-1000.

And, I already told you where it shows that. T-3. Beginning of the movie.

It doesnt.

It does. You didn't see the film, I bet.

You're assumign they'd take it and simply just keep moving on. You think taht all this would do is slow them down when thats not even the case.

For a T-1000, yes. No problem. The only thing seen that could permanently harm the T-1000 was being dissolved in molten metal.

dadudemon
Im not saying that it cant mimic the suit. I know it could. However it couldnt mimic any of its weapons at all. As for this debate I am going to take a break from it as it's not worth going back and forth like this trying to prove something that can't be proved. I still say the Troops win. And you can say that the Termiantors win. Either way you can't prove me wrong as I cant prove you wrong.

I can certainly point you to the velocity of the energy rounds, the destruction those energy rounds show on screen, and the affect they have on humans and then what affect they have on the T-800s.

That can quite easily, provide all the evidence needed to prove that the energy weapons of Skynet are superior to the energy weapons of the Empire, no problem.

Things like that are not debatable.

Scarlet Fox
I thought Terminators use Plasma weaponry.

Scarlet Fox
Meh.

Skynet wins. Ha-Za

dadudemon
I thought Terminators use Plasma weaponry.

Plasma would not be energy, then.

That would make their weapons superior, further still. Further proving my point of how durable they are. Me thinks that a blaster bolt would bounce right off of a T-800.

Scarlet Fox
I could be wrong but in Terminator 1 didnt the T-800 ask for some kind of Plasma weapon from the gun shop?

Scarlet Fox
Plasma rifle in the 40-watt range.

Thats it. so they DO have plasma weapons

Scarlet Fox
but im done. Im convinced Skynet side won this debate. Im logging. See ya later

Bouboumaster
The T-800 get destroyed easely. They resist ammos, big whoop, Stormtrooper shoot laser.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
The T-800 get destroyed easely. They resist ammos, big whoop, Stormtrooper shoot laser.

No. Storm Troopers shoot blaster bolts. That's not a laser.

And the T-800 did not get destroyed easily.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.