TMNT Smash-Up!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scythe
JyFZFpnX0Fw

New game comin' out for Wii and PS2. SSBB gameplay with a TMNT setting, looks neat.

Hope it has Usagi.

KJiEGloriaQ

Bro SMASH
I didn't know the people that worked on Brawl also worked on this. I'm kind of interested now. I hope they make more games like this. Maybe a Microsoft Smash-Up? lol

SaTsuJiN
I just hope the game is still playable when you turn the items and stage hazards off.. also... I'm expecting splinter to be OP lol

looking forward to main either leonardo / donatello / or that black foot clan ninja

Scythe
Originally posted by Bro SMASH
I didn't know the people that worked on Brawl also worked on this. I'm kind of interested now. I hope they make more games like this. Maybe a Microsoft Smash-Up? lol

I know! That's what turned my head about this game. Looked sorta generic, but the guys who made SSBB are really sticking to it proudly, seems like it'll have much of the same stuff Brawl had. Here's hoping they don't go overboard with the clones.

Nemesis X
I'm sticking to Smash Bros. This game feels awful to me and who cares about Turtles beating up Ninjas when you got Snake beating up the Nintendo cast?

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Nemesis X
I'm sticking to Smash Bros. This game feels awful to me and who cares about Turtles beating up Ninjas when you got Snake beating up the Nintendo cast?

Any Turtle, Splinter, Shredder or Casey Jones would solo the MGS cast with ease.

Scythe

Oh, when did you play it?

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Any Turtle, Splinter, Shredder or Casey Jones would solo the MGS cast with ease.

Hahaha!

Wei Phoenix
After rewatching that first vid I must say Donatello looks pretty good.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Scythe
Oh, when did you play it?

Last month. Luckily I have a friend who owns a Wii and he sometimes lets me play it.

Scythe
Last month. Luckily I have a friend who owns a Wii and he sometimes lets me play it.

Was it a demo or something? Game comes out Sept. 15th.

Scythe
http://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B001VJ843O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1251617548&sr=8-1

This link has a promo going on that unlocks a rabbid character and a technodrome stage if preordered. Guess that's as close we'll get to playing as Usagi.

Nemesis X
Was it a demo or something? Game comes out Sept. 15th.

I thought you were talking about Smash Bros. No I haven't played the TMNT game but I can already tell it'll be bad just by looking at it.

Scythe
I thought you were talking about Smash Bros. No I haven't played the TMNT game but I can already tell it'll be bad just by looking at it.

Ah, I see. You said it "felt awful" meaning you've had a hands on approach to the game, which would make more sense.

jinXed by JaNx
I would like a GOOD four player Ninja Turtles game. Not some half-assed game put together for promoting a movie or a poorly rehashed game from the 90's. This looks kind of fun but i imagine, like the recent, Turtles in Time Re-shelled, this will get boring after a couple plays.

Wei Phoenix
yeah *** didn't seem good at all when they re-released it.

Scythe
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I would like a GOOD four player Ninja Turtles game. Not some half-assed game put together for promoting a movie or a poorly rehashed game from the 90's. This looks kind of fun but i imagine, like the recent, Turtles in Time Re-shelled, this will get boring after a couple plays.

That's what I'm thinking too, though I'm hoping to be proven wrong and recieve something as addicting as Brawl. However, the lack of shitload of characters makes me think it'll be a fun brawler to take a break with. I mena, SSBB is good, but shit gets old after awhile.

Wei Phoenix
that *** is T.I.T.

Scythe
This game's pretty fun. It's hard to get used to on a Gamecube controller since I keep thinking it's SSBB and there aren't any smmash attacks in this game, other than that, it's alot like SSBB. Quite fun to use the Wii-mote sideways. They packed a few 4-player minigames as well as a tag team tourney, wi-fi battles and nice set of difficulties.

Demonic Phoenix
Designs of the 4 Turtles, Splinter and April are based on that of the 07 movie. Casey should own *** in this game.

Jumps should easily avoid the alligator.

There were fire & lightning power ups shown. Both Donatello and Shredder used a Dhalsim like flamethrower to burn their opponents for heavy damage. The lightning power up gave a shield.

Donatello will most likely be range focused. On a side note, the burning animation he went through at 5:10 was lulzy. His lightning aura shield was "kewl". That grapple of his would probably be useful in the Jungle stage. Could work as an Alligator instant-kill setup.

Shredder looks to be power based, charged up attacks and what not.

Leonardo will most likely be balanced.

Splinter & April seem to be speed types. Hell YEAR!

Mikey could be a speed-power based character, with a seemingly unorthodox style (even saw a flipped Spinning Bird Kick. Chun Li wanna be)

I'm surprised at Raphael's air slash attack range. Even though they've apparently included extra range attacks for everyone, that range is great, considering his usual pathetic range. Raph's grapple is pretty useful on this roof stage.

There's also some sort of air recovery that both Raph (7:20) and Don demonstrate. Air recovery like that could be both BS and a blessing.

The ending of the second match was cute. Raph won, HELL YEAR!

I'd hate to get triple-teamed in this game.

~ That colored aura is a little distracting. They should tone it down a little >__>.

Scythe
The power ups are: Shurikens (these can be collected as many as you can get), origami shaped mines (3x at time), bombs (3x at time) and ninja magic. My favorite are the tiger claw scratches that appear on screen and damage enemies when they're touched.

The aura is distracting, yes, but it serves as a visual aid to see where your HP is at. If the aura is strong, you're at full HP, if it's dim, then you're about to die. You can also customize it to whatever color you may want on a RGB scale. Except black and white, at least I think. I usually go with whatever color my turtle matches. If I'm playing as Mikey, I make it orange and so on.

Casey and April can be best described as Kirby from Brawl. They both have a similar attack that reminds me of Kirby's Up+B attack. Casey has a hammer attack like Kirby's.

Splinter is pretty alright, he's one of those, stay in one place and attack from the sides and above him, very stationary, and strong.

Shredder is a powerhouse, but a little slow on his attacks.

Raph is a lot like Fox from Brawl, only a bit slower than him. He lasts forever in the air while he's jumping, not quite my style, but some people love his Jigglypuff-like air.

Mikey is my favorite, he's quite ranged and fast, not to mention all around fun to pay with.

Leo is a combo machine, easy to do combos and very good at keeping enemies away from him. He tosses his katanas like a yo-yo and they come back to him... Very annoying move.

Don is pretty fun, he's not as full on long-range as I thought, but he's a master at stun attacks. Think of stun attacks as moves that cause you to get dizzy and you have to push the d-pad left and right.

Nightwatcher is pretty cool, cuz his weapon is a chain with a mace and spear-tip (not sure what they're called). Even though he's a Raph clone, he has entirely different movesets and range.

I didn'y play as a Karai, but from what people have used against me, she's like a female slightly faster Shredder.

The Foot Soldier is neat, sorta like Sheik at times and very beginner-friendly.

The Krang robot is a big slow powerhouse. He can devestate with combos and machine gun fire. Fun to play with.

The Raging Ninja Rabid is okay, kinda lame, but he's one of those characters you can gloat about if he wins a huge four-way with good players.

My favorite stage is the underground one with the Technodrome, it's great!

Demonic Phoenix
The power ups are: Shurikens (these can be collected as many as you can get), origami shaped mines (3x at time), bombs (3x at time) and ninja magic. My favorite are the tiger claw scratches that appear on screen and damage enemies when they're touched.

So the oral flame thrower and the lightning shield fall under ninja magic?

The tiger claw scratches, are they randomly assorted or do they have a fixed pattern on screen?

The aura is distracting, yes, but it serves as a visual aid to see where your HP is at. If the aura is strong, you're at full HP, if it's dim, then you're about to die. You can also customize it to whatever color you may want on a RGB scale. Except black and white, at least I think. I usually go with whatever color my turtle matches. If I'm playing as Mikey, I make it orange and so on.

The HP factor does give it more usefulness. I thought it's only purpose was to serve as a distinction to help players identify their character.
It's probably one of those things you find annoying at first, but get used to eventually.

On a RGB scale? Pretty neat, considering that in most games, color changes are usually limited to pre-sets.

A black aura would be hard to see on-screen. I see no reason why they wouldn't let us choose white though.

Casey and April can be best described as Kirby from Brawl. They both have a similar attack that reminds me of Kirby's Up+B attack. Casey has a hammer attack like Kirby's.

Casey using a hammer? Neat. April seems like a character that uses pokes and such.

Splinter is pretty alright, he's one of those, stay in one place and attack from the sides and above him, very stationary, and strong.

Sounds like he could be used as an effective turtle. Though I doubt turtling will help much in this game.

Shredder is a powerhouse, but a little slow on his attacks.

Naturally. If he was a powerhouse and was fast to boot, he'd be overpowered. He might be like Nightmare from the SC series, quite slow & very strong. Though setting up his more powerful moves could be hard given how easy it is for fighters to get around in this game.

Raph is a lot like Fox from Brawl, only a bit slower than him. He lasts forever in the air while he's jumping, not quite my style, but some people love his Jigglypuff-like air.

It'd be easy for him to escape then. Do some players decide to just stay away and let the others duke it out?

He also has that vertical air stab attack of his. It seems pretty decent, though players would have to be careful with that attack in stages like that New York Rooftop.

Mikey is my favorite, he's quite ranged and fast, not to mention all around fun to pay with.

That spinning bird kick of his is lulzy. Indeed the most popular turtle would be the most fun to play with for many players.

Leo is a combo machine, easy to do combos and very good at keeping enemies away from him. He tosses his katanas like a yo-yo and they come back to him... Very annoying move.

Combo masters can also be annoying to face, they can keep you tied up for quite some time.

Like a yo-yo (I assume you mean boomerang stick out tongue)? That's interesting. He'd be vulnerable to attack during this move though right?

Don is pretty fun, he's not as full on long-range as I thought, but he's a master at stun attacks. Think of stun attacks as moves that cause you to get dizzy and you have to push the d-pad left and right.

If he's a master of stun attacks, he'd be a beast if this were a 1 on 1 fighter game. Just to be curious, is there a 1 on 1 mode?

Nightwatcher is pretty cool, cuz his weapon is a chain with a mace and spear-tip (not sure what they're called). Even though he's a Raph clone, he has entirely different movesets and range.

Manriki. Nightwatcher would be, in my eyes, more powerful, slower, and a better ranged version of Raphael. It's pretty reasonable that they'd give him a different move-set. He has a different weapon, and even though he's still agile, that armor looks heavy.

I didn'y play as a Karai, but from what people have used against me, she's like a female slightly faster Shredder.

Sounds about right. She'd be saddled with lower power and perhaps lesser range.

The Foot Soldier is neat, sorta like Sheik at times and very beginner-friendly.

Looks like this is the character I'll be picking to whip the computer's ***

The Krang robot is a big slow powerhouse. He can devestate with combos and machine gun fire. Fun to play with.

Does this character serve as a boss character? He sounds like one.

I wonder why they didn't include the 4 antagonists and Max Winters of the 07 movie.

The Raging Ninja Rabid is okay, kinda lame, but he's one of those characters you can gloat about if he wins a huge four-way with good players.

A Saikyo-esque character? Awesome!

My favorite stage is the underground one with the Technodrome, it's great!

I'll look for a video with that stage.

Also, what are the basic defensive options in this game? I know there is a basic block, but is there a parry or a counter attack? What about guard breaks or guard crushes?

Scythe

Scythe
Here are the codes given out by Amazon.com and a few dept. stores that were premoting this game with its preorder. Some copies also came with a limited edition comic book and the codes while others for some reason didn't, so I thought I'd share them with you guys.

To unlock Shredder and his alternate costume Cyber shredder, at the bonus content menu input: Up, Down, Right, Up, Down, Right, Left, Up, Right, Down

To unlock Ninja Rabbid and the Technodrome Stage, at the bonus content menu input: Up, Up, Down, Down, Down, Right, Up, Left, Right, Left

I have no idea how to obtain those two unlocks normally in the game, but the promo insert I have says there is no way.

Also, there's one more character to add to the roster, Fugitoid. You get him by beating all 51 challenges.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.