Sexy Battle: Ulquiorra vs. Grimmjow

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Luminatus
nQXXD0ob4Jk

or

iX4pxghIuf0

Whom do you like more?

saphiree95
Grimmjow

Stealth
Ulquiorra; Something about his character seemed complex and abysmal which intrigued me greatly.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Stealth
Ulquiorra; Something about his character seemed complex and abysmal which intrigued me greatly.

Not that I think it's a bad thing, but if you're Emo, then he should have a strong appeal.

XanatosForever
Originally posted by dadudemon
Not that I think it's a bad thing, but if you're Emo, then he should have a strong appeal.

no expression How could you possibly call Ulquiorra Emo? He's got no personality whatsoever. Reminds me of Byakuya.

Stealth
Not that I think it's a bad thing, but if you're Emo, then he should have a strong appeal. lol Far from it.

Luminatus
1. eing dispassionate/apathetic does not equal "Emo". By its very definition, an emo is someone who is too emotional; feels too much. Of course emo has lost all meaning as it's just a word ignorant people use to slander anything/anyone they don't like.
2. Both Ulq and Byakuya have a personality. They'd have to be robots not to. Byakuya for instance has the personality of a strong-willed man who does his duty no matter what the cost. It could be duty to the woman he loved or to the Soul Society. He also hides his caring beneath his mask of not feeling as seen by his both beating Renji but not letting him die.

NemeBro
Ulquiorra is bland and crappy, and Grimmjow is not much better.

In terms of actual sexiness, neither.

saphiree95
Originally posted by NemeBro

Your right grimmjow isn't sexy, he's smexy

Luminatus

You find Toguro sexy but not Ulquiorra?
Diverse opinions are great but confusing.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Luminatus
You find Toguro sexy but not Ulquiorra?
Diverse opinions are great but confusing. Excuse me for preferring a character whose appearance actually resembles that of a man and not a pre-pubescant boy.

Besides, Toguro has the manly muscles and stuff. droolio

yungz22
I like ulquiorra because of his overwhelming strength and i like Grimmjow because of his kick your ass attitude. If thise 2 qualtiies were merged into 1 they would be the ultimate character

Luminatus
Excuse me for preferring a character whose appearance actually resembles that of a man and not a pre-pubescant boy.

You're excused.

And Ulquiorra is still hotter than Grimmjow.
bMm06anA3as

EvilAngel
Excuse me for preferring a character whose appearance actually resembles that of a man and not a pre-pubescant boy.

Besides, Toguro has the manly muscles and stuff. droolio

Toguro sucks erm

Looks wise, Ulquiorra has it, hands down.

Grimmjow is too intense looking, so that damages his sex appeal.

Nephthys
Lol, Ulq has a vagina on his chest.

Though ontopic, Ulq. Grimmjow looks like a crazy rapist most of the time, at least Ulq has that refined air to him. Even if he does have zero actual personality or backstory.

NemeBro
Originally posted by EvilAngel
Toguro sucks erm

Grimmjow is too intense looking, so that damages his sex appeal. You suck. estahuh

At least Grimmjow actually resembles an adult male...

EvilAngel
You suck. estahuh

At least Grimmjow actually resembles an adult male...

Well..... sweatdrop

He doesn't though, he looks like a wad of muscles made to shape like a human. Ulquiorra in some shots has the same problem but mainly doesn't. Thus he wins.

NemeBro
Well..... sweatdrop

He doesn't though, he looks like a wad of muscles made to shape like a human. Ulquiorra in some shots has the same problem but mainly doesn't. Thus he wins. ...Are we still talking about Grimmjow? no expression Cause he is not that buff...Unless you meant Toguro? Who is also not excessively muscular in his normal form.

Nah, everyone knows Nnoitra is the sexiest Espada, that tongue. droolio

EvilAngel
...Are we still talking about Grimmjow? no expression Cause he is not that buff...Unless you meant Toguro? Who is also not excessively muscular in his normal form.

Either. Both are far more muscular than is realistic. And far too musclar for my tastes. After a certain point muscle mass is just..... eww.

Well if you're thinking like that, i think you're hinking faaar too small my friend. Zommari can make copies of himself. Yammy can change his size. Stark can split himself up into more people.

etc.

Personally i don't find any of the espada attractive like that but.... that's me.

Demonic Phoenix
Character wise, I'd go for Ulquiorra. Ulquiorra may look slightly emo or goth, but he's not >__>.
If Grimmjow didn't have that maniacal expression on his face most of the time, I'd say he's pretty good-looking...jaw bone and maniacal expression aside.

...Are we still talking about Grimmjow? no expression Cause he is not that buff...Unless you meant Toguro? Who is also not excessively muscular in his normal form.

You're forgetting Luppi moron. Guy could satisfy waaaay more than all the espada combined uhuh

NemeBro
Either. Both are far more muscular than is realistic. And far too musclar for my tastes. After a certain point muscle mass is just..... eww.

Well if you're thinking like that, i think you're hinking faaar too small my friend. Zommari can make copies of himself. Yammy can change his size. Stark can split himself up into more people.

etc.

Personally i don't find any of the espada attractive like that but.... that's me. http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz98/envykooks/grimmjow-1.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p221/ErchinEragon/Animes/Yuu%20Yuu%20Hakusho/IWontBeIgnored001_0001.jpg

I don't see it. I have personally known attractive guys IRL with more muscle mass than that, although taste is taste I guess. Although the art in Grimmjow's pic makes him look kinda gross I admit...And the Toguro pic was the best I could find of him in his normal form.

Also:

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd101/Kurayami_no_Ookami/Motivational%20Posters/motivator1284230.jpg

Lawl.

You're right! Starrk's other is a loli after all, and the ninth Espada (I will make no attempt at spelling his name) has giant tentacles!

Eh, I think Halibel is attractive once she releases, but other than that agreed.

Luminatus
Slightly off-topic but Grimmjow's maniacal look and personality always made me think of Kenpachi. THey seem to share impatience, a thirst for combat, etc.. But most people seem to liken Kenny to Nnoitra instead of Grimm.

Ms.Marvel
i think grimjow is more attractive but im biased because hes one of my favorite characters

Demonic Phoenix
Biased opinions hold no value here mad stick out tongue.

A favourite of yours is the sociopathic fool?.....You have weird tastes Ms.Marvel stick out tongue

Slightly off-topic but Grimmjow's maniacal look and personality always made me think of Kenpachi. THey seem to share impatience, a thirst for combat, etc.. But most people seem to liken Kenny to Nnoitra instead of Grimm.

Nnoitra was above all, an arrogant moron, nothing like Kenpachi imo. Grimmjow would be Kenpachi's Espada "other half".

Ridley_Prime
Toguro sucks? Blasphemy.

dadudemon
All you bitches that say Ulq is not emo....sigh.

He's the epitome of Emo. He has effin' TEARS running down is face, he's apathetic and and disconnected (the very definition of Emo: check it out on Urban Dictionary).

At the very least, he's an emo b*tch, which is an emo poser.

I am absurdly shocked that he didn't cut himself. Maybe that'd be too stereotypical.

He looks, acts, and talks emo....he's just missing the cutting.

lulz, here's a nice Emo convo with Ichigo:

*Ichigo starts to walk away*

Where are you going?
Ichigo:I'm going to save Rukia.
Ulquiorra:I believe I told you she's dead.
Ichigo:I don't think she is.
Ulquiorra:You're being obstinate.
Are you sure you don't want to kill me before you go?
Ichigo:I have no reason to fight you.
Ulquiorra:What does that mean?
Ichigo:You may be the enemy, but you haven't harmed any of my friends yet.
Ulquiorra:I see.

*Ulq then cuts himself out of Ichigo's view*

Nephthys
I would like to put forward the notion that Emo doesn't equal lame.

Luminatus
Ulq doesn't cut himself because he doesn't give a shit. An emo is , get this, EMOTIONAL. They cut themselves generally because their life sucks. i know people who have cut and they do it because they want to feel something; they want to relieve emotional pain with physical pain.

Ulquiorra -doesn't.- He has no feeling nor does he apparently desire to have any feeling. He simply exists and doesn't comprehend he point of life or emotion.

And this is a much better definition site than Urban Dictionary.
http://onlineslangdictionary.com/definition+of/emo

See how that is the opposite of Ulquiorra. If anything Ulquiorra is a clear case of psychopathy though he lasks the arrogance and lying that they are supposedly known for. I think it's most fair simply to call Ulq a nihilist.

I agree. Emo = lame is just a stupid generalization made by ignorant people. It's just Ulquiorra isn't emo.

EvilAngel
What she said ---^

Luminatus
Who?

Ridley_Prime
I'm pretty sure Angel was referring to you...

Luminatus
Oh. I thought so too but wasn't sure.
Just FYI Angel, I'm a guy. lol Just a bisexual one.

Demonic Phoenix
All you bitches that say Ulq is not emo....sigh.

He's the epitome of Emo. He has effin' TEARS running down is face, he's apathetic and and disconnected (the very definition of Emo: check it out on Urban Dictionary).

At the very least, he's an emo b*tch, which is an emo poser.

I am absurdly shocked that he didn't cut himself. Maybe that'd be too stereotypical.

He looks, acts, and talks emo....he's just missing the cutting.

lulz, here's a nice Emo convo with Ichigo:

*Ichigo starts to walk away*

Where are you going?
Ichigo:I'm going to save Rukia.
Ulquiorra:I believe I told you she's dead.
Ichigo:I don't think she is.
Ulquiorra:You're being obstinate.
Are you sure you don't want to kill me before you go?
Ichigo:I have no reason to fight you.
Ulquiorra:What does that mean?
Ichigo:You may be the enemy, but you haven't harmed any of my friends yet.
Ulquiorra:I see.

*Ulq then cuts himself out of Ichigo's view*

STFU uhuh

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Toguro sucks? Blasphemy.

He sucks no expression...stick out tongue

NemeBro
They cut themselves generally because their life sucks. Lol.

Luminatus
Well it's true. The idea most people who cut themselves do it just to be cool is a bad stereotype. It undermines the fact they need counseling and if you treat it just like they're soem punk kids it only makes it worse.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Nephthys
I would like to put forward the notion that Emo doesn't equal lame.

I agree. thumb up

I think Ulq is cool.

dadudemon
Ulq doesn't cut himself because he doesn't give a shit. An emo is , get this, EMOTIONAL. They cut themselves generally because their life sucks. i know people who have cut and they do it because they want to feel something; they want to relieve emotional pain with physical pain.

Ulquiorra -doesn't.- He has no feeling nor does he apparently desire to have any feeling. He simply exists and doesn't comprehend he point of life or emotion.

And this is a much better definition site than Urban Dictionary.
http://onlineslangdictionary.com/definition+of/emo

See how that is the opposite of Ulquiorra. If anything Ulquiorra is a clear case of psychopathy though he lasks the arrogance and lying that they are supposedly known for. I think it's most fair simply to call Ulq a nihilist.

I agree. Emo = lame is just a stupid generalization made by ignorant people. It's just Ulquiorra isn't emo.

1. Not all Emo's are cutters. Emo is actually a music type that has people not dressing as drab as Goths, but still dressing in dark colors and they listen to Emo music. They are not necessiarly Emotional either. That's a misnomer, really. They are more characterized as apathetic and wanting to give up than actually being emotional. The "emo" part comes from the music type. A person that is always depressed and constantly talks about doom and gloom in their life is actually much more of an Emo who constantly gets angry over little things. The latter is actually pyschotic and not really "emo."

2. Not all cutters are Emos.

3. Ulq DID have a desire to "feel." He was extremely interested in feeling and was very curious about the human heart. His last dying words reflected that. (Kind of Emo, in and of itself, no less.)

4. Using that site to define the word "Emo", which isn't an official word, is not the best option. The best option would be Urban dictionary because the top definitions are voted on by the people. Since the word is not official but more cultural, the word is best defined as voted on at a place such as urbandictionary. In fact, the definition on that website could actually be inaccurate, if the "apathetic" portion of the portion "Emo" is applied. The emotional part of being "Emo" is just one small portion. Depression is much more of a definition of Emo than "emotional".

5. Ulq, by far, is not a nihilist. In fact, almost every aspect of him runs opposite to nihilism. If you can show me where he's tried for destruction, anarchy, etc., I'll believe you. By the simple fact that Ulq. follows Aizen's rules almost to the T, he flies directly into the face of a nihilist attitude. He listened to every word Aizen commanded him...that I can recall. Grimmjow, on the otherhand, could be considered a Nihilist, to a certain extent. He even defied the "rules", argued on more than one occasion, sought only to fight (destruction), etc.

Emo's would more closely resemble manic depressive disorder: swinging from an apathetic depressive state to a psychotic angry state. Ulq did both of those.

On top of this, it is the dark dreary look that also "shapes" the Emo. This has longer shaggy black hair with pale skin...which gets its roots from the Emo sub-genre of punk/alternative music.

I'll give you this: Ulq is much more the apathetic portion of "emo" than he is the psychotic portion...which may be why so many of you don't call him Emo.

Luminatus
Well, for starters, Ulquiorra wears all white...so no dark clothes.
And I highly doubt he listens to any music.

Except all his dialogue points to him not caring atout anything. He addresses everything in an alaytical, detached manner. He outright scorns emotional actions like Ichigo and co. breaking into Los Noches to rescue Orihime. It's quite obvious he does understand emotions as he easily could use them against people like Ichigo. It's just he apparently regarded them as retarded.

Urban dictionary is basically a joke site. I've read definitions on it and they're all pretty much intended to be laughable.

Complete fallacy. We know nothing about the people who voted on that site. It's made even less valid by the fact the only people who would vote on that are the minorest of minorities. Their opinions don't reflect anything of consequence.

Except you just admitted it was a cultural term. Thus its definition is not universal but in fact completely subjective.

I can find several people right now who would say emo is being whiny. They learned their definition of emo from other people who learned it from other people, etc.. Thus there is a cultural definition of emo that is tantamount to being bitchy.

Hm, fair enough. I always assumed nihilism meant simply seeing no point in the continuation of life ie. why not just let everyone die. But looking up the actual defintions Ulq doesn't fit the definition of a nihilist.

Grimmjow is just the average warrior in fiction, especially anime. As far as I know he has no desire to kill everyone. He just wants to fight and prove he's the strongest.
He seems to be an egomaniac more than anything.

Ulquiorra, Grimmjow and other slike Kenpachi can't be completely shifted into any one group. By act of plot bloodthirsty monsters like Kenny and Grimm serve someone just like a deadpan guy who doesn't appear to give a flying f*ck about anything serves someone. This obedience, even if it is strained in Grimm's case, keeps them in their own little weird mental labeling limbo.

Demonic Phoenix
Meh, all I care about is that Uluqiorra was about the only interesting one in the Espada, barring Stark and Grimmjow. Uluqiorra perhaps 'redeemed' himself, I wonder if Grimmjow will 'redeem' himself. Though in all likelihood, Aizen assassinated him sad.

NemeBro
...Did ddm just use Urban Dictionary as official evidence?

And Ulquiorra is just your garden-variety emotionless baddy who wants to feel...Nothing interesting.

Barragan alone is more interesting on the grounds that he is a Viking. He is hawter too.

Demonic Phoenix
Yah.

Barragan is a pompous old fool who was shown his place uhuh.

jaggerjacklover
Toguro sucks erm

Grimmjow is too intense looking, so that damages his sex appeal. R u kidding!!!?! Grimmjow's intensity and bloodlust make him even sexier!!! Grimmjow is way sexier than Ulquiorra!!!!! His lust of destruction is such a turn-on!!!!!!!

King Kandy
Neither is very good, but Grimmjow at least doesn't look like he wants to kill himself every scene.

NemeBro
Barragan needs moar love.

He satisfies any necrophiliac's fantasy. =D

killermover

amnesia
Both of them suck.

Star(r?)k and Barragan is the best Espadas.

RE: Blaxican
Really not sure why any of the guys in this thread are giving opinions on this.

amnesia
Because my opinion matter.

NemeBro
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Really not sure why any of the guys in this thread are giving opinions on this. Homophobe.

Gecko4lif
The line in the sand has been drawn.

Everybody who posted above this is either a woman or a homosexual.

amnesia
Sowhatifiam?

NemeBro
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
The line in the sand has been drawn.

Everybody who posted above this is either a woman or a homosexual. Or biesexual.

Or just confident enough in their heterosexuality to admit the good looks of another male.

amnesia
Yep. Starrk is a pretty good looking guy.

(See what i did there?)

Gecko4lif

Or just confident enough in their heterosexuality to admit the good looks of another male.
That only applies when talking about real people ya weebo

NemeBro
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
That only applies when talking about real people ya weebo *weaboo

General_Iroh
Ulqiorra is easily the sexier of the two, I mean just listen to how Yami pronounces his name, someone with a name like that can't not be sexy

wakkawakkawakka
Ulquiorra vs Grimmjow. The battle of who looks less girly than the other person. Really? A cat-man with a tiera and a guy who looks like a stereotypical emo. Who wins?

Isshin!

Pyron_Knight
I fail to see how Grimmjow looks "girly" in the slightest.

wakkawakkawakka
"CAT-MAN" Although girly was the wrong word for that particular comparisson: sorry about that.

Grimmjow lost his muscles and looks slimmer in his release form. BTW
This thread screams wrongs for obvious reasons I cant explain.

amnesia
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
"CAT-MAN" Although girly was the wrong word for that particular comparisson: sorry about that.

Grimmjow lost his muscles and looks slimmer in his release form. BTW
This thread screams wrongs for obvious reasons I cant explain.

So it's not OK to be gay?

wakkawakkawakka
That not what I meant either. Otherwise I would have snuck in a crack about Ulquiorra's release too.

I will always respect Grimmjow because of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BolyIY_qzk4

Just don't see the appeal of kitty-man.

amnesia
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
That not what I meant either. Otherwise I would have snuck in a crack about Ulquiorra's release too.

I will always respect Grimmjow because of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BolyIY_qzk4

Just don't see the appeal of kitty-man.

OK. I just wondered if you where a dirty homophobe.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.