Marvel 8th smartest

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bouboumaster
Who are the 8th most intelligent dude on Marvel Earth?

Darth Vicious
Reed, Doom, Banner, Stark, Beast, High Evolutionary. Cant think of the other 2.

Kris Blaze
I'm wondering how Emma Frost can't be the smartest person in the world.

Evidently telepaths can simply copy+paste knowledge into their mind. Like the stepford cuckoos transferred ALL of Beast's knowledge regarding human biology to Elixir. Xavier might have some moral qualms about it, but Emma at least should've just stuffed her mind with knowledge and information.

Doctor-Alvis
Originally posted by Kris Blaze

Evidently telepaths can simply copy+paste knowledge into their mind. Like the stepford cuckoos transferred ALL of Beast's knowledge regarding human biology to Elixir. Xavier might have some moral qualms about it, but Emma at least should've just stuffed her mind with knowledge and information.
I don't think that really makes them smart, it just gives them information. They may have the answers but someone who is smarter than them would be able to figure out those answers anyway, and probably be able to use the information in a better way.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
I don't think that really makes them smart, it just gives them information. They may have the answers but someone who is smarter than them would be able to figure out those answers anyway, and probably be able to use the information in a better way.

This is true.

Bouboumaster
I'll do mine: Reed, Doom, Banner, Stark, Pym, Cho, MacCoy and I miss one...

willRules
Why couldn't this go in the questions thread?

Cho's the 7th smartest right? Is Cho the 7th smartest person on the planet or the 7th smartest kid? Big difference.

It depends on how you rate it and intelligence is a very difficult to rate. It's not entirely subjective, as it can be apparent who is a more intelligent person, however the fields someone could excel in are so varied, it becomes much more difficult to compare someone in a specific field.

For example, I always thought Reed Richards was a much better Physicist than Hank Pym, but Hank was a much better robotics engineer. Now I'd say on a general level Reed is probably smarter, but that doesn't really diminish Hank's superiority in the field of robotics.

As for a telepath, they lack wisdom. Like already stated, gaining knowledge without earning it tends to lead to a poor application of the knowledge for the betterment of others. That's my understanding of the main difference between knowledge and wisdom. yes

Accel
Cho's been recently demoted to the 8th smartest.

The top seven seems to basically consist of Reed, Doom, Stark, Banner, Pym, T'Challa, and Beast.

Of course, with the Leader around and Valeria now developing her own super-intelligence, Cho may just barely be in the top 10.

King Kandy

Don't you remember the x-men issue where Xavier reveals he got through highschool by stealing everyone's answers?

ExodusCloak

I don't think they count. Marvel probably means non-power related naturally gifted I mean no one ever seems to count Forge, Madisson Jeffries or Valeria. If they did then Prodigy would have been the smartest person in the world since he came across a hell of a lot of people (Barring those with Psi-Shields) before being depowered and he had no problems using that knowledge in innovative ways.

Rachel stealing Reed Richards knowledge in his sleep and applying it during Enemy of the State is another example. Jean stealing a space pilots knowledge permanently, a skill that they seem to quote in all her bios is another. And Emma stealing a whole bunch of stuff during her lifetime and being able to design a whole array of psi-tech is another. There's also Kid Omega who designed Martha's body. And the Cuckoos are like Weapon X super computers.

What about people with computer minds? Sage and Black Box?

It seems that you have to be the staple smart guy in your team to even count. Otherwise Magneto and Xavier would be up there. Heck even the mutant called Book would have been up there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_198#Confirmed_remaining_mutants

BTW Chos gift doesn't seem entirely natural. It seems to require sugar to work. So I got nothing.

I forgot about Sinister, Dr. Nemesis, Moira, Sasquach, The Wizard, Dr. Kavito Rao and Japaense Dude.

Endless Mike
According to the newest Hulk comic, 6 of the 8 smartest people (order not given) are Bruce Banner, Amadeus Cho, Reed Richards, Black Panther, Beast, and Hank Pym.

If I had to guess I'd say the other two were Doctor Doom and Tony Stark (although Tony currently is having his brain drained, I don't know if they took that into account in that comic, if so then maybe Mister Sinister?

HE is currently not on earth I think

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Endless Mike
According to the newest Hulk comic, 6 of the 8 smartest people (order not given) are Bruce Banner, Amadeus Cho, Reed Richards, Black Panther, Beast, and Hank Pym.

If I had to guess I'd say the other two were Doctor Doom and Tony Stark (although Tony currently is having his brain drained, I don't know if they took that into account in that comic, if so then maybe Mister Sinister?

HE is currently not on earth I think

We know Cho is 8th....since Pym stole Chos spot does that make him 7th? I'd say Doom and Tony. Doom cause he's Doom and Tony because he's high profile.

Endless Mike
No, Cho is 7th.

ExodusCloak
No, Cho is 7th.

No Cho is 8th now see Mighty Avengers. Hank Pym said so.

tjcoady
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
No Cho is 8th now see Mighty Avengers. Hank Pym said so.

Bruce Banner called himself the eighth smartest.

And according to "Incredible Hercules," the original, still-living Mastermind Excello is the sixth smartest person on earth.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by tjcoady
Bruce Banner called himself the eighth smartest.

And according to "Incredible Hercules," the original, still-living Mastermind Excello is the sixth smartest person on earth.

Did Bruce call himself that recently? Cause not only was Cho in awe of Pym, but Pym said something along the lines of you're 8th now I'm definitely smarter then you.

jalek moye
Bruce said he was one of the 8 smartest in the last issue

he never he said he was the 8th

Endless Mike
One has to question the legitimacy of these whole "smartest people on earth" lists. I mean, in - universe, how do they tell? Get every single person on earth to take an IQ test? Does Professor X brain-scan them all? What?

Accel
One has to question the legitimacy of these whole "smartest people on earth" lists. I mean, in - universe, how do they tell? Get every single person on earth to take an IQ test? Does Professor X brain-scan them all? What?
Soapbox Contest.

Symmetric Chaos

I assume you have to bribe Reed Richards to get onto the list because frankly there's no way of calculating it properly, there are dozens of ways of being "smart".

leonidas
i think sym is in the 8th smartest men on the forum. big grin

tjcoady
Originally posted by jalek moye
Bruce said he was one of the 8 smartest in the last issue

he never he said he was the 8th

Yeah, sorry, I just re-read that and noticed he said "one of the" not "the."

My apologies.

psycho gundam
it's: stark, reed, xavier, pym, cho, pythagoras dupree, bruce banner, and either beast or black panther

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by psycho gundam
it's: stark, reed, xavier, pym, cho, pythagoras dupree, bruce banner, and either beast or black panther

What about Doom?

jalek moye
Originally posted by psycho gundam
Xavier isn't on there. Doom is though

tjcoady

Xavier's a genius but he's more like a "regular earth" genius- not a super-science comic book genius.

Doom is in the top eight.

My final guess?

Reed Richards, Tony Stark, Victor Von Doom, Hank Pym, Bruce Banner, Hank McCoy, T'Challa, Amadeus Cho.

That looks pretty accurate (in that order; Doom would rank higher, but nowadays he's using less science and more magic. This list is subject to change based on Tony Stark's current state).

willRules

I think it's because it's so specific a field compared to the rest. Genetics, or specifically, Mutations. I think Beast is slightly superior in that field, however Charles isn't exactly stupid. Both he and Magneto made Cerebro after all....

ExodusCloak
http://io9.com/5348594/finally-hulks-vs-intelligensia-in-new-comic

HueyFreeman
Just thinking of intelligence makes me think of that issue of mighty where Reed calls pym out. That should be posted.

jalek moye
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
http://io9.com/5348594/finally-hulks-vs-intelligensia-in-new-comic
the smart guys are gonna get stomped, all they really have is Doom

Rage.Of.Olympus
the smart guys are gonna get stomped, all they really have is Doom

Doom is all they really need.

jalek moye
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Doom is all they really need.
Doom cant solo them

tjcoady
Doom cant solo them

Why on earth do you think it's going to be an actual fight?

manjaro
well opinions might differ as to the complete list but we all know who is number one...and thats Reed...he said so himself.. that "mine is the most brilliant mind in all the universe." its just becuase he lacked the massive ego that doom has why he denied this...in a perfect world we all know that the above mentioned ppl are high ranking but the wizard is no slouch, neither is The Leader(who thoeretically should be the smartest person on earth).cuz just like reed they muck with all branches of science rather than just one specialty

so its hard to come up with a numerical list cuz ppl do seem to forget about ppl like:

forge

Fixer( a guy sorta like forge when it comes to being an intuitive genius)

madison Jeffries (a guy sorta like forge when it comes to being an intuitive genius)

sinister

apocalypse

magneto

high evolutionary

nemesis

doc ock
Prodigy (the gamma corps one, not the Xmen guy)

any current or past scientist supreme for AIM

Alistair Smythe(totally demonstrating my comic geekness by pulling him out)

and it wouldnt hurt to throw in Howard Stark in there too

Bouboumaster
Dock Ock is a genius, but I don't think he can compare with a guy like Banner.

High Evo isn't on Earth

Magneto isn't as brilliant as the ones named before.

Bouboumaster
So, I think this scan seal the deal: http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/Marvel/Marvel%20Scans/?action=view&current=Untitled-Scanned-09-2.jpg

The other two missing would probably be Stark and Doom

manjaro
whaaaaa? magneto is an expert in robotics, genetics, biology, cloning, and physics that far exceed that of contemporary science...he definately fits into that comic genius category. he's definatley smarter than Beast and black panther to boot

Naija boy
^I highly doubt mags is smarter than beast and know for sure he isnt smarter than BP.

Trackz
there are plenty of intelligent people, they are top level genius's though.
Doom is probably on top
closely followed by reed
pym
banner/t'challa don't know whos smarter
stark
beast
cho

manjaro
Originally posted by Naija boy
^I highly doubt mags is smarter than beast and know for sure he isnt smarter than BP.

whaaaaa? the day when Beast or Panther single handedly build asteroid bases, bases in volcanoes, and hydro bases and outfit them with astounding tech mostly of thier own inventions and robots sophisticated enuff to fool a latent telepath like Mesmero, and tech to grant ppl super human powers, and bio engineer thier own mutants then....and only then will i consider them in his league.

Trackz
Originally posted by manjaro
whaaaaa? the day when Beast or Panther single handedly build asteroid bases, bases in volcanoes, and hydro bases and outfit them with astounding tech mostly of thier own inventions and robots sophisticated enuff to fool a latent telepath like Mesmero, and tech to grant ppl super human powers, and bio engineer thier own mutants then....and only then will i consider them in his league. they really dont have need for any of that though...

willRules
Intelligence obviously doesn't just pertain to a type of science, it's just that usually it requires a lot of intelligence to operate in that field. It could be argued that Dr Strange is one of the most intelligent, in the field of Magic/Philosophy of sorts.

batdude123
Originally posted by willRules
Intelligence obviously doesn't just pertain to a type of science, it's just that usually it requires a lot of intelligence to operate in that field. It could be argued that Dr Strange is one of the most intelligent, in the field of Magic/Philosophy of sorts.

thumb up

Endless Mike
Did you ever think that the good guys put together these lists and leave people like Doom off since they don't want to glorify him?

jalek moye
Did you ever think that the good guys put together these lists and leave people like Doom off since they don't want to glorify him?
Or Reed does just to piss him off

Kitchenaut
This is just my breakdown of character intelligence from what i've read over the years;

Aside from cosmic entities, I'd say Doom is the most intelligent overall, as he is second only to Richards in science and second only to Dr Strange in Magic. Reed would be second, but not too far off are Apocalypse, the High Evolutionary and Doctor Strange. The Leader could well be at this level. real world geniuses at this level would be Gottifried Liebniz, Leonardo Di Vinci, Isaac Newton, Ludwig Wittgenstein and possibly Physicist Edward Witten who developed M-Theory and won the fields medal in mathematics, as well as Andrew Wiles, the Mathematician who solved Fermat's last theorem. IQ's 180>

Below them are Stark, Banner, Octavius, Xavier, Pym, McCoy - High IQ's, perhaps to the level of real scientists such as Stephen Hawking, Carl Sagan, Murray Gell-Man (who entered Yale at 15), and Michio Kaku (who built a particle accelerator while at high school and graduated Summa cum laude from Harvard). World-renowned figures in their fields.

Below them are genius or near-genius characters such as Peter Parker, who is written as precociously bright and perceptive. I would say the Punisher would rank at this level. He is a keen strategist, and regualrly takes on superpowered foes with conventional weaponary.

Colossus-Big C
iirc reed richard stated the high evolutionary was smarter than him when High Evolutionary used the dreaming celestial to bring back the xgene
and iirc high evo created his own version of reed .but high evo isnt marvel earth anyway he elevated himself to a cosmic being
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/606/1104100180copy.jpg
(thats iron man/tony stark on the ground)

Gecko4lif
Reed is only the best physicist

He has already admitted that other people are way beyond him in other things

Like peter parker in the field of biology and the obvious god of biology The high evolutionary

pym-ftw
High EVO
Doom
Reed
Pym
Ultron
Thanos
Banner
Leader
Stark
Modok

Would be my guess of the top ten all around, heroes only as suggested earlier

Reed
Pym
Banner
Stark
McCoy
T'Challa
Nemesis
Cho
Xavier
Strange

SamZED
I honestly don't see Beast as someone who is smarter than Spider-man.

Also Ock already pwned MODOK and during the one true battle of minds between them Pete has bested Otto. cool

pym-ftw
I have no problem with swapping Modok & Ock even though I think Modok has the better tech imho.

Parker is just kinda inconsistently smart, sometimes he's talked up like he should be like #5 (heroes) and sometimes he need help from guys like Kurt Conners...

Existere
Beast is smarter than Peter, no contest. Spider-Man just doesn't have the feats to measure up.

SamZED
He lacks feats that's true, but it's only been so long since he's got to work in a place with real equipment and recourses. And already's done lots of impressive stuff. Before that used to invent things in his basement.

Originally posted by pym-ftw
I have no problem with swapping Modok & Ock even though I think Modok has the better tech imho.

Parker is just kinda inconsistently smart, sometimes he's talked up like he should be like #5 (heroes) and sometimes he need help from guys like Kurt Conners... Usually when plot requires. I remember Reed Richards needed help from Ock in one issue. That happens. Pete is consistently that smart these days.

Bentley
Reed is capable of admitting someone is smarter than him, that only goes to prove he's smarter than everybody else.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.