Wesker vs Kratos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SuperLuigi
suprisingly this didnt turn up on the search.

Kratos only gets the blades of athena with no upgrades

Wesker gets a pistol with limited ammo 33 shots total.

takes place in luigi's haunted mansion.

Wei Phoenix
Kratos easily.

Ridley_Prime
And then people wonder why I say Albert's a constant victim of spite.

SuperLuigi
how the hell is this spite? kratos has never reacted to bullet speed. and he has never been shot so you cant say he wont be harmed. and while in battle greek gods arent immortal and kratos can and has died before. so how is the spite?

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by SuperLuigi
how the hell is this spite? kratos has never reacted to bullet speed. and he has never been shot so you cant say he wont be harmed. and while in battle greek gods arent immortal and kratos can and has died before. so how is the spite?

Bullets are faster than lightning?

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Bullets are faster than lightning?

Yes, faster than the lightning Zeus throws.

SuperLuigi
considering weskers speed and the speed of the bullet idk see how kratos dodges it.

Burning thought
I agree wesker can prob win this, his bullets are faster than Kratos can react to and more importantly I doubt he can deflect it either...the bullet could prob pierce him although I am misty on my GoW knowledge so if hes got an incredible feat of durability or speed please show it.

SuperLuigi
blunt durability is different than piercing durability and kratos has been pierced.

NemeBro
Kratos defected lightning.

Unless one of you simpletons can prove said lightning was slower than normal lightning, do me a favor and stfu.

Kratos easily.

XanatosForever
If not even peak humans can dodge Wesker's horrible aim, Kratos can dodge it with ease.

NemeBro
Chris is peak human at the very least.

XanatosForever
Peak human in terms of strength. Everything else would be above average, at least.

NemeBro
Chris has dodge gunfire after being fired.

Sheva can as well.

XanatosForever
When? erm All instances I recall of dodging came before the trigger was pulled.

NemeBro
The little reaction command thingy, I have seen it many times dodged after being fired.

danteiscool
Wesker dies. Kratos may not be bulletproof, but he is one tough S.O.B. that alone means something.

Phanteros
how the hell is this spite? kratos has never reacted to bullet speed. and he has never been shot so you cant say he wont be harmed. and while in battle greek gods arent immortal and kratos can and has died before. so how is the spite? The Greek Gods are immortal unless there is a weapon that can kill them.

Gumachi
Immortal by age, but they still can be slain. Hell, some of them got beat by mortals, and they're the weakest myth gods in history. Zeus could probably be killed by having his throat cut.

Phanteros
Originally posted by Gumachi
Immortal by age. They still can be slain. Hell, some of them got beat by mortals, and they're the weakest myth gods in history. Zeus could probably be killed by having his throat cut. Didn't I told you last time they had weapons that can kill them? They are effectively immortal until a greater Supernatural force kills them.

Phanteros
Indefinite Life span=/=Immortal.

Gumachi
Originally posted by Phanteros
Didn't I told you last time they had weapons that can kill them? They are effectively immortal until a greater Supernatural force kills them.

I'm talking about the myth versions, not the game.

Helios getting killed wasn't supernatual. AFAWK, Zeus' won't be either (unless Kratos gets aid from Gaia).

Burning thought
Gods are simply more powerful than most entities in GOW, they can be harmed by anyone on their level or more powerful than them....its nothing to do with plot device weapons.

Sin_Volvagia
Immortal by age, but they still can be slain. Hell, some of them got beat by mortals, and they're the weakest myth gods in history. Zeus could probably be killed by having his throat cut.

Zeus survived several stabs including one in the stomach.

Gumachi

First_Tsurugi06

Helios getting killed wasn't supernatual. AFAWK, Zeus' won't be either (unless Kratos gets aid from Gaia).

The myth versions are irrelevent to how powerful they are in the games based on confirmation by developers saying that it's an alternate imagining of Greek Myth. It took the Blade of Olympus to gain a significant advantge over Zeus, it'll take a retcon of the weapon for me to think otherwise because Zeus still has durability feats to his advantage that suggest so (hell, it's possible to attack him early on when he kills Kratos, but they're shown to do nothing but cause a bit of blood to spray which doesn't even faze him).

Helios was crushed by a Titan beforehand and thrown at full force into a mountainside (surviving that is a durability feat in and of itself). Titans, otherwise known as the only other thing so far in the series near as powerful them.

As for the fight, I'm more inclinced to consider Wesker's speed as his single physical advantage over Kratos than a gun.

XanatosForever
Originally posted by NemeBro
The little reaction command thingy, I have seen it many times dodged after being fired.

That's some sketchy proof. It could just mean the players suck at pressing the button for proper cinematic effect. laughing

Gumachi
Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
The myth versions are irrelevent to how powerful they are in the games based on confirmation by developers saying that it's an alternate imagining of Greek Myth. It took the Blade of Olympus to gain a significant advantge over Zeus, it'll take a retcon of the weapon for me to think otherwise because Zeus still has durability feats to his advantage that suggest so (hell, it's possible to attack him early on when he kills Kratos, but they're shown to do nothing but cause a bit of blood to spray which doesn't even faze him).

Helios was crushed by a Titan beforehand and thrown at full force into a mountainside (surviving that is a durability feat in and of itself). Titans, otherwise known as the only other thing so far in the series near as powerful them.

He still died by the hands of a mortal regardless.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Yes, faster than the lightning Zeus throws.

Yes because the God of all Greek Gods and Thunder throws lightning slower than regular lightning.

First_Tsurugi06
He still died by the hands of a mortal regardless.

Due in no small part to the damage he sustained beforehand.

occultdestroyer
EVqzN6fEg6g

As far as durability goes, Kratos survived getting crushed by by the Colossus of Rhodes, after getting robbed of his godly powers by the Blade of Olympus.

And he didn't go down without a fight before his father 'killed' him.

Kratos managed to escape Hell afterwards. That fight with Charon was bada$$!

SuperLuigi
Originally posted by danteiscool
Wesker dies. Kratos may not be bulletproof, but he is one tough S.O.B. that alone means something.

no it doesnt

KingD19
Kratos isn't a mortal, he's a demi-god.

SuperLuigi
he is still mortal. the greek immortals can die in battle also.

occultdestroyer
he is still mortal. the greek immortals can die in battle also.
He's a demi-god.
Thus, his strength and durability is far beyond that of a mere mortal.
A mortal would die right on the spot if he/she gets crushed by the hand of Colossus of Rhodes.

And no, Greek immortals don't die unless slain by a mystical weapon.
Kratos has the advantage with most immortals thanks to the Blades of Athena.

SuperLuigi
he was still dying. he would have bled to death. plus he was a demigod the entire serious. he was about to be killed by non demigod human barbarians.

Sin_Volvagia
he was still dying. he would have bled to death. plus he was a demigod the entire serious. he was about to be killed by non demigod human barbarians.

The chaos blades wasted the Barbarian King instantly plus, crowds of enemies were no longer a problem after that. The Barbarian King even came back with new powers and was still beaten in the end.

If the current Kratos were to come back to that time again, the Barbarians would get massacred without Ares's help.

NemeBro
he was still dying. he would have bled to death. plus he was a demigod the entire serious. he was about to be killed by non demigod human barbarians. When he had no powers.

Take away Wesker's powers and his gun and said Barbarian would crush Wesker.

SuperLuigi
kratos was a demigod since birth. zeus cant magically become his father 40 years later. demigods are supposed to be greater than humans in all aspects.

First_Tsurugi06
If they're aware of their powers. Kratos didn't realize any of them until becoming a servant to Ares.

NemeBro
Kratos was not born with his powers, which is obvious.

SuperLuigi
just because he didnt know does not take away from the fact that he was born a demigod.

First_Tsurugi06
But the fact that he didn't know attests to the fact that it was essentially the equivalent that he had no powers at that time.

SuperLuigi
powers? he is a demigod so he is automaticly physically better than humans. dont care about his magic and stuff.

NemeBro
He did not have any superhuman physical attributes.

SuperLuigi
but didnt he display his brute strength throughout the game? so your telling me that just came out of a power up? not the rage of gods or titans. but him ripping harpies apart happened because of a strength boost?

NemeBro
His strength was boosted after his pact with Ares.

SuperLuigi
wow so he was a normal human before that. then zeus cant be his biological father and kratos shouldnt be called a demigod.

First_Tsurugi06
He didn't KNOW he was Zeus' son, so he didn't know that he had access to such levels of power.

SuperLuigi
he isnt zeus's son athena said that to keep him from killing him wait til GoW3. i figured out why kratos lost to the barbarian he was just a normal man. until ares boosted him.

First_Tsurugi06
Well what you figured out is nothing but complete misinterpretation. It was outright said that Zeus killed Kratos to end the cycle that Athena spoke of involving the son overthrowing the father. Athena said it because it was the fact that Zeus is Kratos' father that the whole thing is happening based upon the aforementioned cycle. So you can do away with your little fanfic explanation there.

Burning thought

where is this stated?

SuperLuigi
if kratos is truly zeus's son then him being beaten by barbarians is pathetic.

Burning thought
not really.....sometimes the apple can fall far from the tree..

Sin_Volvagia
if kratos is truly zeus's son then him being beaten by barbarians is pathetic.

Perseus is Zeus's son and I don't think he would survive a crowd of barbarians either.

SuperLuigi
kratos had an army with him. it wasnt like he was pulling a leonidas

Burning thought
It him vs Barbarian king alone at that point in the battle...

occultdestroyer
He did not have any superhuman physical attributes.
Kratos was not born with his powers, which is obvious.
Are you saying he didn't have any superhuman physical attributes in GoW1 or Chains of Olympus? After everything he has displayed in those titles?
He was just a mere mortal when he fought all those mythical beings?
BULLSHIT.

WTF are you talking about???
Ares didn't even give him any strength boost, he only gave Kratos the Blades of Chaos.
Kratos' level of strength and durability remained the same.

he isnt zeus's son athena said that to keep him from killing him wait til GoW3. i figured out why kratos lost to the barbarian he was just a normal man. until ares boosted him.
facepalm

He IS Zeus' son. Athena clearly said it by the end of GoW2.

He lost to the Barbarian King because they were outnumbered.

Seriously, both of you play the goddam games first instead of making shit up..

NemeBro
Am I really supposed to dignify this question with a response? Are you all morons?

Kratos had normal, human strength when he fought the Barbarian King the first time, since he was overpowered and lost to a human.

His next appearance, we see he has superhuman abilities enough to kill Hydras, defeat Basilisks, and take on armies.

Was it "stated?" No. It's common sense.

SuperLuigi
damn right nemebro. if he truly is a demigod he wouldnt have lost to the barbs. now i have played the gow games to date and and athena lied to save zeus because she regretted helping kratos kill her brother.

NemeBro
Get your fanfiction bullshit out of this thread.

SuperLuigi
for one its my thread and two i am no fan of kratos. my point is this "demigod" lost to barbarians yet he has this colossal strength. doesnt make since. you claimed ares gave him the power yet there is no proof of it. so its either kratos was a normal spartan who was given power and not zeus's son. or he is a piece of shit demigod who got beat by humans. the first one makes alot more sense.

NemeBro
Or he did not have access to his demigod powers when he fought the Barbarians.

He was confirmed to be Zeus' son, I trust Athena's word over some twit on an internet forum.

SuperLuigi
you trust a female who was out for revenge and got caught up in her own evil ways and tried to stop it anyway she could?

he didnt have access to his demigod powers? so he magically gained his demigod strength right after his defeat? he knew he was exceptionally strong just because we the gamers didnt know he was a "demigod" throughout the first game we assumed he got empowered by ares. then when its reveal that zeus is his "father" you have to look back at his feats and defeats knowing that he is half god. that means forget what you that you knew about him in the first game. because the plot "twist" changed kratos from empowered human to even greater demigod to the god of war.

Gumachi
He probably gained his demigod powers the same way Dante did. And actually, as far as we know, he was trained by a god, Ares, as we saw, gave him The Blades of Chaos. But yeah, I guess he did give him power, I don't know.

jz6owc_SmDk

NemeBro
you trust a female who was out for revenge and got caught up in her own evil ways and tried to stop it anyway she could?

he didnt have access to his demigod powers? so he magically gained his demigod strength right after his defeat? he knew he was exceptionally strong just because we the gamers didnt know he was a "demigod" throughout the first game we assumed he got empowered by ares. then when its reveal that zeus is his "father" you have to look back at his feats and defeats knowing that he is half god. that means forget what you that you knew about him in the first game. because the plot "twist" changed kratos from empowered human to even greater demigod to the god of war. Out for revenge? Caught up in her evil ways? You have clearly never even played the game, I won't bother to indulge you or your simple mind with reason anymore.

Phanteros
Its clear that superluigi never played the game. Saying that Athena is evil.

Wei Phoenix

he didnt have access to his demigod powers? so he magically gained his demigod strength right after his defeat? he knew he was exceptionally strong just because we the gamers didnt know he was a "demigod" throughout the first game we assumed he got empowered by ares. then when its reveal that zeus is his "father" you have to look back at his feats and defeats knowing that he is half god. that means forget what you that you knew about him in the first game. because the plot "twist" changed kratos from empowered human to even greater demigod to the god of war.

Yeah because nothing's more evil than a woman who tries to help and protect Kratos while staying loyal and faithful to Zeus. I mean her dastardly plan to create peace between them was the most diabolical plan I've seen all year.

Burning thought
Whats more amuseing is that Athena is prob one of the very few peole who are good in the entire series.

NemeBro
Yeah because nothing's more evil than a woman who tries to help and protect Kratos while staying loyal and faithful to Zeus. I mean her dastardly plan to create peace between them was the most diabolical plan I've seen all year. Lol.

First_Tsurugi06
Originally posted by Burning thought
Whats more amuseing is that Athena is prob one of the very few peole who are good in the entire series.

Or at least one of the few, if not the only God, who still gives at sh*t about Kratos...

Granted, she's dead now (thanks to Kratos), but y'know...

Gumachi
And Gaia?

NemeBro
It's implied by Athena Gaia is using Kratos.

SuperLuigi
athena wanted kratos to kill her brother thats evil. then when she could now longer keep kratos in check she wanted zeus to take his power. then when that back fired and zeus was about to be killed she tried to step in and garner sympathy from kratos by saying zeus was his father. too bad kratos didnt give a shit then knowing she couldnt put an end to the madness she helped start she gave up her life.but dont take my word for it, wait until the 3rd game comes out.

Phanteros
athena wanted kratos to kill her brother thats evil. then when she could now longer keep kratos in check she wanted zeus to take his power. then when that back fired and zeus was about to be killed she tried to step in and garner sympathy from kratos by saying zeus was his father. too bad kratos didnt give a shit then knowing she couldnt put an end to the madness she helped start she gave up her life.but dont take my word for it, wait until the 3rd game comes out. cool fanfiction. She wanted to protect Athens from destruction not necessary kill Ares who was destroying it . She didn't want to do kill Kratos at all but decline on Zeus orders forcing him to do it himself. She didn't want Kratos to continue the Cycle of of Son over throwing father.

This is from the game not your fanfiction. and its obvious you never played it.

Wei Phoenix
athena wanted kratos to kill her brother thats evil. then when she could now longer keep kratos in check she wanted zeus to take his power. then when that back fired and zeus was about to be killed she tried to step in and garner sympathy from kratos by saying zeus was his father. too bad kratos didnt give a shit then knowing she couldnt put an end to the madness she helped start she gave up her life.but dont take my word for it, wait until the 3rd game comes out.

Actually no she wanted to protect Athens and she asked Kratos to do it because it was against the law for Gods to fight/wage war against each other.

Wei Phoenix
What God has been killed by a mortal weapon?

Gumachi
It's either Ares or the god in cellphone game (I think he was a god), hell, it could be Helios.

NemeBro
Helios had his head ripped off.

Also, just ignore SuperLuigi, it is obvious he never played the game.

Gumachi
EDIT.

Wei Phoenix
It's either Ares or the god in cellphone game (I think he was a god), hell, it could be Helios.

Pandora's Box is a mortal weapon?

NemeBro
Neither is the Blade of the Gods, which administered the finishing blow.

Gumachi
Pandora's Box is a mortal weapon?

No...

TBOTG had no magic erm

SuperLuigi
helios didnt die in the cell phone game kratos saved him or something. no god in that series has die to a mortal weapon. i have played all to date. the series was broken of son overthrowing father when ares was killed.

Wei Phoenix
No...

TBOTG had no magic erm

But the box gave him the strength and powers to kill him. Wouldn't have happened if Pre-box Kratos did the same thing.

SuperLuigi
kratos couldnt kill ares without the box

Wei Phoenix
My point exactly which is why no one can say that Ares died to a mortal weapon.

NemeBro
No...

TBOTG had no magic erm It clearly was no normal sword.

Gumachi
So if that's in the case, it was the box, not the sword.

It seemed to be a normal sword to me.

CosmicComet

He was dying? Would have bled to death?

No. He could still walk, talk coherently and fight to a degree, and the amount of bleeding wasn't major at all. For your sake, please pray to God that he may render you less of a retard than you have demonstrated to be. I will pray for you as well.

This is a spite thread. Kratos is beyond bullet proof.

-He jumped off the tallest mountain in Greece and into the sea. A fall from that height into water is the same as falling onto concrete. A normal man would have simply exploded into chum. Kratos was completely whole and not even hurt.

-A sharpened pillar was thrown at him by Ares from several miles away and it reached him in mere seconds. Basically it was traveling well over the speed of sound. When it hit Kratos he didn't even die immediately, he was pinned to a wall and tried to push it off of him before dying of blood loss finally. A normal man would have, again, exploded on contact.

-Kratos survived the collossus' hand crashing down on him, and that was while he was unaware. The hits you don't see hurt the most of course.

CosmicComet
Further more, the barbarian loss is played the **** out.

As mentioned already, Kratos was little more than a very skilled human at the time. He was a general in the Spartan army and had lead numerous successful campaigns before.

They were outnumbered and Kratos losing to the barbarian in a personal duel isn't even a sure thing as we never see that happening. Could very well be that he caught him off guard.

Secondly, even if he did get bested by the barbarian king, is that supposed to be a poor showing? Barbarians are obviously meant to be great warriors, somehow that name is confusing people into meaning they can't fight worth shit. lol.

Do keep in mind that being crude does not preclude being effective. One does not need to be some ritualistically fancy how pow chow kung fu guy to be a good fighter, nor is that style of fighting the most effective. (look at the UFC, the best base to have is free style wrestling or greco roman wrestling, certainly not kung fu lol)

The barbarian king was obviously superhuman as well, another thing to keep in mind. That hammer he was holding would probably weigh as much if not more than Kratos yet the barbarian king had no trouble wielding it

See here: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/BigVEE/GoW/vlcsnap-3480660.jpg

Keep in mind Kratos is already a huge dude himself, one of the developers in the making of god of war videos in the treasure option said Kratos was 7 feet tall. And being as muscular as he is, he's probably at the very least 300 lbs.

Burning thought
About TBOTG, it was named thus for a reason, and apart from its name, Kratos heavily implies the Gods had a great deal to do with it, I doubt its a normal sword....

Either way, as others have said, the Pandoras box is the main reason why Kratos won..

Gumachi
Kratos isn't 7 feet tall. He's atleast 6'2-6'5, maybe. If he's 7 feet, Theseus is ATLEAST 8 feet.

Gumachi
A bullet probably blows Kratos brains out, but I guess he still wins.

CosmicComet
Nay. He's 7 feet according to a dev. Anyone else who's watched through the vids in the treasures option in Gow 1 can confirm it. It's in the one where one of the devs (middle aged dude with the goatee and long hair) is talking about the scale of the game; comparing Kratos' size with the monsters he's facing. That's where he makes the statement.

And there is no problem with Theseus being possibly 8 feet tall, artistic license allows such a thing.

And by feats, a bullet wouldn't pierce kratos' skin at all.

Gumachi
Can you show me the vid? Because I asked on the GoW forum and they said he didn't.

I don't think he's bulletproof.

NOTE: Do you remember what the developer was wearing (i'm watching the vid now on Youtube)?

CosmicComet
I'm watching through the vids as we speak. But I don't have audio on this computer (work) so I will get back home to listen to them.

But I know the dude's name now. Tim Moss.

Gumachi
I just watched all of the videos thru, and he said no such thing.

CosmicComet
Bullshit you watched all of the videos. I'm still going through them.

SuperLuigi
kratos got pierced by a ****ing sword a bullet will pierce and will kill him. the barbarian defeat will never be played out

Gumachi
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Bullshit you watched all of the videos. I'm still going through them.

Go thru all of them, I still didn't see anything.

CosmicComet
I have now too. I didn't either.

I know why now though, it actually wasn't in any footage in the treasures videos. It came from a making of special on G4tv around the time God of War was coming out back in 2005. They had a lot of footage in that show that didn't make it on the game disc

It's been driving me crazy that I couldn't remember where I saw/heard it since its not on the game cd itself, especially since I am NOT making this shit up nor was I hallucinating. It was Tim Moss, he said it.

I'm on the way to looking for that whole episode from g4 way back then. It's going to be difficult. If I can't find it, I'll even try to look up Tim Moss' e-mail. Seriously.

NemeBro
You are taking online vs. threads way too seriously. no expression

CosmicComet
Nah.

It's just a little statistic of Kratos that I've long known myself that should be more known by others.

He's 7 feet. Been stated. Have to find the video. It's like that annoying itch you've had for a long while that you just can't reach but you don't stop trying.

NemeBro
I have estimated Kratos to be about seven feet tall for a while now honestly.

Gumachi
lol

First_Tsurugi06
The only place I found saying anything on Kratos' height and weight was in his bio page on the JP Soul Calibur archive site. It listed him @ 213cm which, give or take, is almost percisely 7'0'', with a weight of 129kg.

occultdestroyer
for one its my thread and two i am no fan of kratos. my point is this "demigod" lost to barbarians yet he has this colossal strength. doesnt make since. you claimed ares gave him the power yet there is no proof of it. so its either kratos was a normal spartan who was given power and not zeus's son. or he is a piece of shit demigod who got beat by humans. the first one makes alot more sense.
http://godofwar.wikia.com/wiki/Kratos

"He is the son of Zeus and a mortal woman."

STFU and GTFO.

Gumachi
no lol (?)

CosmicComet
Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
The only place I found saying anything on Kratos' height and weight was in his bio page on the JP Soul Calibur archive site. It listed him @ 213cm which, give or take, is almost percisely 7'0'', with a weight of 129kg.

Ah!

Completely slipped my mind that he was guest starring in the psp soul calibur game. For now, this is perfect. I'm still going to be looking for the developer statement corroborating this though.

129kg is 284 lbs, a bit lighter than I thought (300) but close enough.

SuperLuigi
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
http://godofwar.wikia.com/wiki/Kratos

"He is the son of Zeus and a mortal woman."

STFU and GTFO.

give me the best blowjob then gtfo of my thread.

Gumachi
EDIT: Now I see.

First_Tsurugi06
You can read Japanese?

Height and weight were listed numerically,not in JP.

Gumachi
I can't find anything no expression

NemeBro
Unlike most Soul Series weights, Kratos' actually sounds like it fits. Lol.

CosmicComet
Seriously, do you know any 5'7", < 150 lb guy that looks like Mitsurugi does?

NemeBro
I was more thinking of Rock...the guy is 5'11" I think they said...And he's only 170 pounds? no expression

I am an inch shorter than Rock, nowhere near as huge, and weigh in at 240. erm

Granted I am a fat sack of shit, but muscle>fat in weight. stick out tongue

CosmicComet
I remember Rock at over 180 but still the point stands. No way he's under 230 looking like that.

Anyway, I only brought up Kratos' statistics because it was important for specific things. Such as in past debates, namely the question of Ares throwing the pillar at Dante instead of Kratos.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.