Blade vs Punisher

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

snoopdogg
Both guys are each equipped with a katana and two Rambo style knives for this fight, no guns. I've got my Blade blinders on and I'm hoping PZ has his Punisher blinders on for this one.

gobstakid777
blade ftw

SoulDevourer
BLADE

Eternal Idol
Blade ftw. I'd say Punisher could probably knife-fight just as well as Blade, but it'll be the sword-fighting that decides this fight.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
I'd say Punisher could probably knife-fight just as well as Blade,

laughing Oh man you just couldnt help yourself could you? You just HAD to demean Blade in some shape or form. For all thats good and holy how on earth did you come to the conclusion that Punisher was as good at knife fighting as Blade?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Blade wins.

Juk3n
Blade holds every advantage physically and skillwise. He wins 9/10 well fought battles, not 1 of them being a stomp. Save 1 time for giggles.

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
laughing Oh man you just couldnt help yourself could you? You just HAD to demean Blade in some shape or form. For all thats good and holy how on earth did you come to the conclusion that Punisher was as good at knife fighting as Blade?

Eat me. There's no way I could've answered this question without you bitching about me downplaying one character or another. I gave Blade the win, and the knives won't play a big role in a swordfight anyhow. So how the hell is that demeaning to Blade?

In any case, I said probably, not certainly. Frank Castle was a United States Marine, and Marines are issued KA-BAR knives and some training with it. Castle has trained himself to be a skilled fighter in armed and unarmed combat, as well as becoming a great marksman. It's a good bet knife-fighting would have been included, but because The Punisher's weapons of choice are firearms, there won't be many examples to show off his knife skills.

Phantom Zone
Eat me. There's no way I could've answered this question without you bitching about me downplaying one character or another. I gave Blade the win, and the knives won't play a big role in a swordfight anyhow. So how the hell is that demeaning to Blade?

Oh really I dont remember me bitching about your comments in the Sabretooth thread.

In any case, I said probably, not certainly. Frank Castle was a United States Marine, and Marines are issued KA-BAR knives and some training with it. Castle has trained himself to be a skilled fighter in armed and unarmed combat, as well as becoming a great marksman. It's a good bet knife-fighting would have been included, but because The Punisher's weapons of choice are firearms, there won't be many examples to show off his knife skills.

So basically your making a judgment on a very small amount of showings and yor stating Punisher is probably equal because of his army training forgetting that there are lots of reasons as to why Blade would be better than Punisher?

Yes you said probably and that is downright ridiculous.

Kris Blaze
Punished is fuuuucked.

snoopdogg
Does Pun. have any knife feats?

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Does Pun. have any knife feats?

Hes got some but they are few and far between. I can only think of two ones I might get them later.

snoopdogg
Hes got some but they are few and far between. I can only think of two ones I might get them later. I'd like to see them. I can see Punisher being good with knives.

Eternal Idol
Oh really I dont remember me bitching about your comments in the Sabretooth thread.
You could probably give a rat's ass about Sabretooth. This is between two of your favorites on KMC. Had this been Blade vs. Cap, or Cap vs. Punisher, you'd probably argue for ten pages for whichever character I didn't think would win.

So basically your making a judgment on a very small amount of showings and yor stating Punisher is probably equal because of his army training forgetting that there are lots of reasons as to why Blade would be better than Punisher?

Yes you said probably and that is downright ridiculous.
So you want to nitpick showings to suit your argument. How wonderfully typical.

In no way am I saying Punisher is better than Blade at knifefighting, but that he is probably good enough at it to hold his own against him without pulling any flashy crap you'd see someone like Blade, Deadpool, Elektra, Longshot, and Bullseye do. It's irrelevant anyhow, since the knives probably won't come into play.

weaponx510
aww u basically set punisher up to get killed

snoopdogg
Originally posted by weaponx510
aww u basically set punisher up to get killed No. This should be a good fight.

D-Block
No. This should be a good fight.

nah. blade is to much.

Francisco
If written properly and doing justice to the characters this fight should last more than a few seconds (in the arena). Blade is way too powerful for the bringer of punishment..

BruceSkywalker
Unless Frank has some garlic or silver at his disposal to use.. Blade ftw

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Unless Frank has some garlic or silver at his disposal to use.. Blade ftw

Point. Castle's Italian, so he wins if this fight takes place after lunch.

snoopdogg
Unless Frank has some garlic or silver at his disposal to use.. Blade ftw What are those items gonna do to him?

Mindset
Put the garlic on his spaghetti.

Eat it with a silver fork.

Phantom Zone
You could probably give a rat's ass about Sabretooth. This is between two of your favorites on KMC. Had this been Blade vs. Cap, or Cap vs. Punisher, you'd probably argue for ten pages for whichever character I didn't think would win.

Stop making excuses you just stated that Blades one of my favourite characters and theres no way you could say something about it without me moaning. Just gave you an example where I didnt, stop making excuses.

So you want to nitpick showings to suit your argument. How wonderfully typical.

In no way am I saying Punisher is better than Blade at knifefighting, but that he is probably good enough at it to hold his own against him without pulling any flashy crap you'd see someone like Blade, Deadpool, Elektra, Longshot, and Bullseye do. It's irrelevant anyhow, since the knives probably won't come into play.

I didnt say you said he was better......

Eternal Idol
Stop making excuses you just stated that Blades one of my favourite characters and theres no way you could say something about it without me moaning. Just gave you an example where I didnt, stop making excuses.

I didnt say you said he was better......
Go sit in a corner somewhere, Alf. I'm not gonna argue any further over the most trivial of shit you get riled up about.

Blade wins due to his considerable edge in swordfighting.

Phantom Zone
Go sit in a corner somewhere, Alf. I'm not gonna argue any further over the most trivial of shit you get riled up about.

Blade wins due to his considerable edge in swordfighting.

Considering you cant even read my post properly I think thats a very good idea. thumb up

snoopdogg

Blade wins due to his considerable edge in swordfighting. What about speed, strength, etc.? Frank can take alot before he falls.

Phantom Zone
What about speed, strength, etc.? Frank can take alot before he falls.

Well its only the sword thats letting Blade win apart from that Punisher is just as skilled. smile

Y'know Blades like 100 years old has been killing superhuman nasties for ages but Punisher is just as skilled.....because he was trained in the army. Cant argue with that shit....oh and Punisher hardly uses a knife as well.

snoopdogg
I wonder who has the higher death count?

Phantom Zone

Punisher did nuke an island once....hmmm

~The Wickerman~

Hardly see why it would matter since Punisher's killed a huge number of people while Blade has fought a huge number of supernasties. It'd be like saying "Well, sure, he killed 4 lions in his lifetime, but THAT guy killed like a THOUSAND puppies!!!11oneone"

snoopdogg
Originally posted by ~The Wickerman~
Hardly see why it would matter since Punisher's killed a huge number of people while Blade has fought a huge number of supernasties. It'd be like saying "Well, sure, he killed 4 lions in his lifetime, but THAT guy killed like a THOUSAND puppies!!!11oneone" I was asking for comparison. I know it has no bearing on the outcome.

snoopdogg
Punisher did nuke an island once....hmmm Blade's largest kill that I can recall is blowing up the Shield Hellicarrier full of vamps.

Phantom Zone
Blade's largest kill that I can recall is blowing up the Shield Hellicarrier full of vamps.

Not as big as an island though. I think I would give it to Blade hes been around longer.

snoopdogg
Not as big as an island though. I think I would give it to Blade hes been around longer. How populated was the island? It's not the size but the headcount.

Phantom Zone
How populated was the island? It's not the size but the headcount.

Not sure there must have been at least 100s of soldiers, id have to read the issues again to be sure.

snoopdogg
Not sure there must have been at least 100s of soldiers, id have to read the issues again to be sure. Not sure how many were on the hellicarrier but I'd bet it was in the hundreds also.

Phantom Zone
Not sure how many were on the hellicarrier but I'd bet it was in the hundreds also.

Yeah thats pretty reasonable those things are massive.

Eternal Idol
Well its only the sword thats letting Blade win apart from that Punisher is just as skilled. smile

Y'know Blades like 100 years old has been killing superhuman nasties for ages but Punisher is just as skilled.....because he was trained in the army. Cant argue with that shit....oh and Punisher hardly uses a knife as well.

No, guy. Castle uses knives when it's practical to use, such as close-quarters combat, when he's out of ammo, or when he needs to avoid detection. Castle could be just as skilled as Blade in knifefighting or close enough because he likely continued TRAINING HIMSELF just as he did in h2h and marksmanship after leaving the MARINES. Castle was never in the Army. You still want to argue about me not knowing much about the Punisher?

The battle won't move beyond the swordfighting, and if it did, Blade's still got a strength and speed edge over Castle. Blade would still win.

And so what if Blade's 100 years old? Punisher outsmarted Doctor Doom and Captain America!!!!!!1 woop

Phantom Zone
No, guy. Castle uses knives when it's practical to use, such as close-quarters combat, when he's out of ammo, or when he needs to avoid detection. Castle could be just as skilled as Blade in knifefighting or close enough because he likely continued TRAINING HIMSELF just as he did in h2h and marksmanship after leaving the MARINES. Castle was never in the Army. You still want to argue about me not knowing much about the Punisher?

The battle won't move beyond the swordfighting, and if it did, Blade's still got a strength and speed edge over Castle. Blade would still win.

And so what if Blade's 100 years old? Punisher outsmarted Doctor Doom and Captain America!!!!!!1 woop

God that post is faulty. If you cant figure it out im not going to bother.

facepalm

Eternal Idol
God that post is faulty. If you cant figure it out im not going to bother.

facepalm
Yeah. If you can't admit you were mistaken, you really shouldn't bother.

Fight doesn't go beyond the swordfight. Blade ftw.

Trackz
maybe this fight will be closer after punisher becomes a zombie

zacura
Blade, no problem

snoopdogg
Good fight.

Trackz
currently the fight would be insane, have to see how frank does against daken

BruceSkywalker
Frank is not the swordsman Blade is, Blade slices and dices Frank

Bentley
Blade for the stomp. This is actually loopsided.

marwash22
no guns = Blade stomp.

YFZ 350
How does Frank do with guns?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by YFZ 350
How does Frank do with guns?

still the same in blade's favor , i would think unless frank knows about silver bullets and the like that would hurt or kill blade

srankmissingnin
A Sword fight is a mismatch, a strictly knife fight may be more even, but I'm thinking on the whole, Blade is going to have a sizable advantage with edged weaponry. Frank needs his normal arsenal to have a shot.

Frank takes more damage than any other street level human before he goes down though for the count though.

YFZ 350
still the same in blade's favor , i would think unless frank knows about silver bullets and the like that would hurt or kill blade Would silver be any different than lead? I didn't think he had many vampiric weakness.

srankmissingnin
Would silver be any different than lead? I didn't think he had many vampiric weakness.

No - any bullets will completely ruin Blade's day.

marwash22
How does Frank do with guns? substantially better, but i still think Blade wins the majority due to endurance, speed and strength.

Trackz
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
No - any bullets will completely ruin Blade's day. despite him taking bullets with no effect on panel

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Trackz
despite him taking bullets with no effect on panel

Two bullets in the leg and still able to fight! ZOMG!!! Call the press Trackz, and I'll get Obama on the phone! Do you have snoopdogg's number? See what he can do about a parade!

Trackz
Two bullets in the leg and still able to fight! ZOMG!!! Call the press Trackz, and I'll get Obama on the phone! Do you have snoopdogg's number? See what he can do about a parade! your juvenile attempt at downplaying the feat doesn't change the fact that whenever he gets hit by bullets they cause him little to no problem.

srankmissingnin
your juvenile attempt at downplaying the feat doesn't change the fact that whenever he gets hit by bullets they cause him little to no problem.

Virtually every street level hero has been shot in the legs/arms/shoulders at one time or another and kept fighting with little draw back, but the aren't immune to bullets either. I'm not down playing the feat, I'm just not reading into it waaaaaaaaaaaaay more that how it was presented like you.

snoopdogg
despite him taking bullets with no effect on panel I've never seen Blade defeated by bullets yet. I guess Swank has though.

Trackz
Virtually every street level hero has been shot in the legs/arms/shoulders at one time or another and kept fighting with little draw back, but the aren't immune to bullets either. I'm not down playing the feat, I'm just not reading into it waaaaaaaaaaaaay more that how it was presented like you. Do they have a healing factor, stated on panel? no.

i also like how despite vampires virtually being shown to be immune to bullets, when blade does it, it's just because the writer didn't address it.

so when wolverine or deadpool takes bullets, am i to assume that the wound just aren't being addressed?

your bias becomes more and more apparent with every post.

srankmissingnin
Do they have a healing factor, stated on panel? no.

i also like how despite vampires virtually being shown to be immune to bullets, when blade does it, it's just because the writer didn't address it.

so when wolverine or deadpool takes bullets, am i to assume that the wound just aren't being addressed?

your bias becomes more and more apparent with every post.

Does Blade have a healing factor stated on panel? No.

As much as you would like to believe he does in order to fuel your bias fantasies. Blade doesn't have all the powers of a vampire. He can't hypnotize people. He can't fly. He can't shape shift. He can't turn into mist. He can't heal like one. Vampires having the ability to heal is proof that Blade can, any more than them turning into mist is proof that Blade can turn into mist. Do you think Blade can turn into mist?

Wolverine and Deadpool have actual varied healing factors, not just the insane ramblings of two fanboys.

Trackz

As much as you would like to believe he does in order to fuel your bias fantasies. Blade doesn't have all the powers of a vampire. He can't hypnotize people. He can't fly. He can't shape shift. He can't turn into mist. He can't heal like one. Vampires having the ability to heal is proof that Blade can, any more than them turning into mist is proof that Blade can turn into mist. Do you think Blade can turn into mist?

Wolverine and Deadpool have actual varied healing factors, not just the insane ramblings of two fanboys. maybe you should read up on the character, accelerated healing has been stated as a part of his power-set multiple times.

in addition, vampires as of late have been weakened, you'll find very few vampires that can turn into mist or shapeshift other than dracula. that being said, there are more than one type of vampire. not all of them can fly, not all of them can turn into mist, and you'll notice i never made a point about those powers, only the fact that he has a healing factor. however, the fact that you don't even know that much, when it is pretty much common sense says a lot about your credibility, by all means keep this up. it's entertaining.

snoopdogg
Pretty sure he does.

srankmissingnin
I've never seen Blade defeated by bullets yet. I guess Swank has though.

How many times have you seen Punisher by bullets? Is he immune to bullets in your mind too?

Frank has fought on broken limbs with multiple gun shot wounds, puncture wounds and lesions. Does he have a healing factor? He has been thrown like 20 stories into the air by Spider-man landed in the corner of a building and then bounced off that building, fallen another 10 stories on to the roof of a car, was then susequently hit by another car... and he wasn't even koed. Durability isn't proof of a healing factor. Fighting with two bullet wounds in your leg isn't magically proof of a previously unmentioned ability to heal. What it is, is proof of standard street level durability...

sheesh.

srankmissingnin
maybe you should read up on the character, accelerated healing has been stated as a part of his power-set multiple times.

in addition, vampires as of late have been weakened, you'll find very few vampires that can turn into mist or shapeshift other than dracula. that being said, there are more than one type of vampire. not all of them can fly, not all of them can turn into mist, and you'll notice i never made a point about those powers, only the fact that he has a healing factor. however, the fact that you don't even know that much, when it is pretty much common sense says a lot about your credibility, by all means keep this up. it's entertaining.

A healing factor you can't prove exists. A healing factor that may have been mentioned once (and only once), that hasn't been mentioned prior to that example or since and has never been verified on panel, in a series that might not even be 100% canon. Awesome?

Trackz
A healing factor you can't prove exists. A healing factor that may have been mentioned once (and only once), that hasn't been mentioned prior to that example or since and has never been verified on panel, in a series that might not even be 100% canon. Awesome? save for all his handbooks and the fact he has been stabbed and shot multiple times with no effect. it's funny that you're actually trying to argue one of the character's powers into non-exitance to suit your bias. his rapid healing/immortality has also been cited by writers and on-panel. i don't understand how you expect anyone to take you seriously.

srankmissingnin
save for all his handbooks and the fact he has been stabbed and shot multiple times with no effect. it's funny that you're actually trying to argue one of the character's powers into non-exitance to suit your bias. his rapid healing/immortality has also been cited by writers and on-panel. i don't understand how you expect anyone to take you seriously.

Except it hasn't and you are talking out of your ass. Extended life span / slow aging aren't proof of healing factors. Maverick and Nick Fury have stopped aging, they don't have healing factors either. Snoop, you just revamped the Blade respect thread - surely if it has been cited by writers on panel you would have included it, no?

snoopdogg
A healing factor you can't prove exists. A healing factor that may have been mentioned once (and only once), that hasn't been mentioned prior to that example or since and has never been verified on panel, in a series that might not even be 100% canon. Awesome? So which is it? Has he or has he not been stated to have a healing factor on panel?

Trackz
Except it hasn't and you are talking out of your ass. Extended life span / slow aging aren't proof of healing factors. Maverick and Nick Fury have stopped aging, they don't have healing factors either. Snoop, you just revamped the Blade respect thread - surely if it has been cited by writers on panel you would have included it, no? except that it has, maybe you'll do a little research before trying to argue away a characters well-known power.

srankmissingnin
So which is it? Has he or has he not been stated to have a healing factor on panel?

He feed Punisher a bunch of unverified BS in Marvel Team-Up (a series that may or may not be canon) that isn't supported by any prior Blade appearances or subsequent ones.

srankmissingnin
except that it has, maybe you'll do a little research before trying to argue away a characters well-known power.

He has less that 200 issues champ, and I've read them all multiple times. I challenge you to give me a single example of Blade saying "I have a healing factor." You can't do it, because it doesn't exist. You are projecting your fanboy delusions onto ambiguous feats that every street level has in order to support your delusions and then pretending they are concrete examples of your ideal fanfic notions of what Blade can do.

Trackz
He feed Punisher a bunch of unverified BS in Marvel Team-Up (a series that may or may not be canon) that isn't supported by any prior Blade appearances or subsequent ones. you're such a joke, so it must be bs because it doesn't support your point that blade doesn't have a healing factor (stated on-pnael, in handbooks, and by writers) you just keep getting better.

snoopdogg
you're such a joke, so it must be bs because it doesn't support your point that blade doesn't have a healing factor (stated on-pnael, in handbooks, and by writers) you just keep getting better. Paul Cornell made it clear to the artist to make sure Blade's wounds he sustained were gone by the time the fight was over with Spitfire.

He was also stated to have the vitality of the most powerful undead in another issue. And in his Max series they stated he had regernerative abilites along with blinding speed and reflexes. And lastly, in Iron Man's files on Blade it states he has a rapid healing factor.

snoopdogg
I suppose next Swank is gonna say that Blade isn't really a vampire and that he actually has fake vampire teeth.

srankmissingnin
you're such a joke, so it must be bs because it doesn't support your point that blade doesn't have a healing factor (stated on-pnael, in handbooks, and by writers) you just keep getting better.

It's BS because it is completely unverified and doesn't support any of Blade's previous or subsequent appearances. Blade says he can take a bullet to the face? Never seen anything to suggest that he can before that issue or since. Blade says (thats not even true... mildly implies) he wasn't wearing kevlar? Well, Blade always wears kevlar. So... that was - what - the one time he didn't? And how lucky... he doesn't even need it! So... why does he wear kevlar if he doesn't need it? How come when he wasn't wearing kevlar was he taken into custody and discouraged from action three or more times in his last series by armed men? If bullets don't phase him what was the deal? We know Blade wears kevlar. We know he has sought out medical attention after being injured. We know he has never expressly healed from anything on panel. We know he requires oxygen to function. HE HAS NEVER BEEN SHOWN TO HEAL OR EXPRESSLY STATED HE HAS A HEALING FACTOR ON PANEL!!!

Trackz
It's BS because it is completely unverified and doesn't support any of Blade's previous or subsequent appearances. Blade says he can take a bullet to the face? Never seen anything to suggest that he can before that issue or since. Blade says (thats not even true... mildly implies) he wasn't wearing kevlar? Well, Blade always wears kevlar. So... that was - what - the one time he didn't? And how lucky... he doesn't even need it! So... why does he wear kevlar if he doesn't need it? How come when he wasn't wearing kevlar was he taken into custody and discouraged from action three or more times in his last series by armed men? We know Blade wears kevlar. We know he has sought out medical attention after being injured. We know he has never expressly healed from anything on panel. We know he requires oxygen to function. HE HAS NEVER BEEN SHOWN TO HEAL OR EXPRESSLY STATED HE HAS A HEALING FACTOR ON PANEL!!! blade hasn't worn kevlar recently, he usually only sports it under his trench coat. Blade also stated he wasn't wearing kevlar, his costume always changes. nice to see you're taking liberty to ignore what the character states because it doesn't fit your preconceived notion of how his powers work, despite writers stating otherwise. Blade sought medical attention once, that is a low showing, stop trying to bring it up, deadpool needed medical attention after his fight with moon knight, are we to assume he has received some sort of massive downgrade? wolverine has been knocked out several times on panel by shots to the brain, and we know how you feel about that. it's clear that you have a double standard depending on who you're arguing for. at least now it's clear for everyone to see:
handbooks have stated blade has a healing factor
writers have stated blade has a healing factor
we've seen him discuss vampiric healing with other characters
we've seen him heal from being stabbed through the chest/cut and shot multiple times.

keep this up you might get reported for trolling, cause the point your making is terrible.

almost as bad as you believe wolverine is just as much a god as thor is.

srankmissingnin
I suppose next Swank is gonna say that Blade isn't really a vampire and that he actually has fake vampire teeth.

Making fun of my screen name? Your screen name is snoopdogg, is that seriously a road you want to go down? Seriously?

snoopdogg
Making fun of my screen name? Your screen name is snoopdogg, is that seriously a road you want to go down? Seriously? I'll drive.

srankmissingnin
blade hasn't worn kevlar recently, he usually only sports it under his trench coat. Blade also stated he wasn't wearing kevlar, his costume always changes. nice to see you're taking liberty to ignore what the character states because it doesn't fit your preconceived notion of how his powers work, despite writers stating otherwise. Blade sought medical attention once, that is a low showing, stop trying to bring it up, deadpool needed medical attention after his fight with moon knight, are we to assume he has received some sort of massive downgrade? wolverine has been knocked out several times on panel by shots to the brain, and we know how you feel about that. it's clear that you have a double standard depending on who you're arguing for. at least now it's clear for everyone to see:
handbooks have stated blade has a healing factor
writers have stated blade has a healing factor
we've seen him discuss vampiric healing with other characters
we've seen him heal from being stabbed through the chest/cut and shot multiple times.

keep this up you might get reported for trolling, cause the point your making is terrible.

almost as bad as you believe wolverine is just as much a god as thor is.

He didn't state he wasn't wearing Kevlar. He inferred he wasn't and that isn't concrete evidence that he wasn't. Especially when A) he normal does and B) he had just been bluffing about being able to take a bullet to the face and C) has never demonstrated an active healing factor before or since. And it isn't entirely clear of that series is even canon. We know for sure that some of it wasn't whether or not it all is, is anyones guess.

Wolverine and Deadpool have actual verified healing factors, not the delusional ramblings of a fanboy.

Hand books don't mater.

The only time Blade has healed faster than normal form a stab to the chest, he had a magic amulet.

Trackz
He didn't state he wasn't wearing Kevlar. He inferred he wasn't and that isn't concrete evidence that he wasn't. Especially when A) he normal does and B) he had just been bluffing about being able to take a bullet to the face and C) has never demonstrated an active healing factor before or since. And it isn't entirely clear of that series is even canon. We know for sure that some of it wasn't whether or not it all is, is anyones guess.

Wolverine and Deadpool have actual verified healing factors, not the delusional ramblings of a fanboy.

Hand books don't mater.

The only time Blade has healed faster than normal form a stab to the chest, he had a magic amulet. now you're trolling, and once again, wrong about that being the only time, what else is new.

srankmissingnin
now you're trolling, and once again, wrong about that being the only time, what else is new.

Prove me wrong and stop talking out of your ass. Cite an example. Hell, give an issue number and I'll do the work for you.

Trackz
Prove me wrong and stop talking out of your ass. Cite an example. Hell, give an issue number and I'll do the work for you.
lol at you trying to make me prove he has a power that is listed in his handbook entry, and cited, hell if you read the character you wouldn't even be making this point.

he has a list of healing factor feats in his respect thread, not only that guggenheim listed rapid healing as one of his abilities.

keep up with this you'll be reported for trolling.

srankmissingnin
I'll drive.

Rap isn't music, it is the lowest common denominator of noise. A series of trite comments about drugs/money/speakers/guns/jewelry/shoes/bitches forced into a rudimentary, nursery school rhyme scheme by a man who more often than not wouldn't recognize a guitar if you smacked him upside the head with it. The end result is something that could be easily replicated by any five your old in a kidder garden class with a rhyming dictionary. A cease pool of moronic ramblings on extravagance recited by a bunch of scum bags with jewelry in their faces, over top a 10 second drum beat repeated ad nauseam on a 10 second loop, or if you are lucky over a sample of a real song made by an actual musician years ago who actually had an iota of talent. The fact that you would not only listen to this but use it as your screen name leaves me to believe that you are, in fact, an idiot; and that your opinion on any subject mater is suspect.

Don't patronize me by misspelling my screen name, and I won't make fun of yours. cool

srankmissingnin
lol at you trying to make me prove he has a power that is listed in his handbook entry, and cited, hell if you read the character you wouldn't even be making this point.

he has a list of healing factor feats in his respect thread, not only that guggenheim listed rapid healing as one of his abilities.

keep up with this you'll be reported for trolling.

I'm not trolling, just erasing lines from your Blade fanfiction with the eraser of fact and logic. Go ahead and report me, because you and I both know I'm right.

snoopdogg
Rap isn't music, it is the lowest common denominator of noise. A series of trite comments about drugs/money/speakers/guns/jewelry/shoes/bitches forced into a rudimentary, nursery school rhyme scheme by a man who more often than not would recognize a guitar if you smacked him upside the head with it. The end result is something that could be easily replicated by any five your old in a kidder garden class with a rhyming dictionary. A cease pool of moronic ramblings on extravagance recited by a bunch of scum bags with jewelry in their faces, over top a 10 second drum beat repeated ad nauseam on a 10 second loop, or if you are lucky over a sample of a real song made by an actual musician years ago who actually had an iota of talent. The fact that you would not only listen to this but use it as your screen name leaves me to believe that you are, in fact, an idiot; and that your opinion on any subject mater is suspect.

Don't patronize me by misspelling my screen name, and I won't make fun of yours. cool I'm not offended swank. It's all good.

Trackz
I'm not trolling, just erasing lines from your Blade fanfiction with the eraser of fact and logic. Go ahead and report me, because you and I both know I'm right. reported, you're a waste of time, and you've pretty much lost all credibility the moment you stated blade didn't have accelerated healing. you've ignored every post, and the fact that marvel's writers have stated and shown the ability several times.

srankmissingnin
reported, you're a waste of time, and you've pretty much lost all credibility the moment you stated blade didn't have accelerated healing. you've ignored every post, and the fact that marvel's writers have stated and shown the ability several times.

Except they haven't stated it or shown it at all. Snoop seems to suggest that Cornell said he had one in an interview, maybe he did but that isn't proof of a healing factor, nor is having scratch marks on his face for two complete issues. Paul Dini said Nightwing was as good a martial artist as Bruce Wayne in an interview, but guess what, that isn't concrete proof either. It hasn't been shown on panel. You just find a few examples of Blade taking damage and your unverfied healing factor that you think he has and you mash the corners together like two puzzle pieces from two complete different puzzles until they fit together in your twisted head. Blade has never been shown to heal on panel. He has never said he can heal on panel. The closest is some random guy saying he had "minor" regenerative properties. Captain America has a "minor" regenerative, but he does not have a healing factor. You're making shit up. You're a lair.

And even then MAX might not even be cannon!

Mindset
I don't know what you guys are talking about, so it's the perfect time to chime in.

All vampires have accelerated healing.

Blade has the powers of a vampire.

What am I missing?

snoopdogg
Cornell made notes to his artist to make sure the slashes were gone on his body from his fight with Spitfire. I saw a preview art page on his blog that was still black and white but there was a note at the bottom of the page that said to make sure the wounds were gone on his body. Blade has been stated to have regenerative abilities and he's also been stated to have all the vitality of the most powerful undead.

Moral of the story? Blade has a healing factor.

snoopdogg

And even then MAX might not even be cannon! Those MAX stories were worked into his 616 handbook entry.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Mindset
I don't know what you guys are talking about, so it's the perfect time to chime in.

All vampires have accelerated healing.

Blade has the powers of a vampire.

What am I missing?

Vampires can also fly, shape shift, turn into mist and hypnotize people. Can Blade do those things? No. So.... what? We credit him with healing factor he has never displayed? The guy has passed out form lack of oxygen before, he doesn't have all the abilities of a vampire and giving him the benefit of the doubt is absurd.

snoopdogg
Vampires can also fly, shape shift, turn into mist and hypnotize people. Can Blade do those things? No. So.... what? We credit him with healing factor he has never displayed? The guy has passed out form lack of oxygen before, he doesn't have all the abilities of a vampire and giving him the benefit of the doubt is absurd. Not all vamps can do that. All vamps can heal though.

Mindset
Vampires can also fly, shape shift, turn into mist and hypnotize people. Can Blade do those things? No. So.... what? We credit him with healing factor he has never displayed? The guy has passed out form lack of oxygen before, he doesn't have all the abilities of a vampire and giving him the benefit of the doubt is absurd. All vampires can't fly, shape shift, bla bla bla, but they all have accelerated healing.

srankmissingnin
Cornell made notes to his artist to make sure the slashes were gone on his body from his fight with Spitfire. I saw a preview art page on his blog that was still black and white but there was a note at the bottom of the page that said to make sure the wounds were gone on his body. Blade has been stated to have regenerative abilities and he's also been stated to have all the vitality of the most powerful undead.

Moral of the story? Blade has a healing factor.

Well, he should have put a note in the narration because there is no indication of a healing factor displayed in the actual comic. I mean, he had those scratches on his face for two issues.

"Vitality" isn't a word synonymous with healing factor.

snoopdogg
Well, he should have put a note in the narration because there is no indication of a healing factor displayed in the actual comic. I mean, he had those scratches on his face for two issues.

"Vitality" isn't a word synonymous with healing factor. The wounds were gone shortly after their fight. And if you look at the wounds they were pretty deep.

And vitality has to do with health and the ability to heal has to do with your health. So yea it does.

srankmissingnin
Didn't Rachel Van Helsing show the ability to turn into a mist and shape shift like day she got turned into a vampire? They are abilities that every vampire who isn't a no body fodder has.

Trackz
Except they haven't stated it or shown it at all. Snoop seems to suggest that Cornell said he had one in an interview, maybe he did but that isn't proof of a healing factor, nor is having scratch marks on his face for two complete issues. Paul Dini said Nightwing was as good a martial artist as Bruce Wayne in an interview, but guess what, that isn't concrete proof either. It hasn't been shown on panel. You just find a few examples of Blade taking damage and your unverfied healing factor that you think he has and you mash the corners together like two puzzle pieces from two complete different puzzles until they fit together in your twisted head. Blade has never been shown to heal on panel. He has never said he can heal on panel. The closest is some random guy saying he had "minor" regenerative properties. Captain America has a "minor" regenerative, but he does not have a healing factor. You're making shit up. You're a lair.

And even then MAX might not even be cannon!

...the two examples aren't the same at all, your example is a comparison between two characters, writers differ on points like that all the time. you know what they don't differ on? the basic powerset of the character they are portraying.

i'm not going to take time to provide proof of a power that has been stated multiple times by both writers and on-panel and has a whole section in the respect thread.

Trackz
Didn't Rachel Van Helsing show the ability to turn into a mist and shape shift like day she got turned into a vampire? They are abilities that every vampire who isn't a no body fodder has. like draconis? like hrolf? like morbius? like spitfire? they are all big characters...so they must all be able to shapeshift/turn into mist?...oh wait.

snoopdogg
like draconis? like hrolf? like morbius? like spitfire? they are all big characters...so they must all be able to shapeshift/turn into mist?...oh wait. Or Dracula's army in Vampire-State....they could have used those abilities.

srankmissingnin
The wounds were gone shortly after their fight. And if you look at the wounds they were pretty deep.

And vitality has to do with health and the ability to heal has to do with your health. So yea it does.

Not really, they where like cat scratches across his face. The disappeared in between issue 7 and issue 8. Not exactly glowing proof of a healing factor. Taskmaster has completely healed broken limbs in the space between issues. That is like magic hero refresh period for minor wounds.

That's a stretch. Vitality is more synonymous with stamina and vigor that it is healing. I would wager that is a reference to his long life span. Still not exactly a confirmation of a healing factor.

BruceSkywalker
Would silver be any different than lead? I didn't think he had many vampiric weakness.

silver yes, as silver bullets kill vamps, but in Blade's case i can't remember whether or not he has faced someone who shot him with silver bullets

snoopdogg
Not really, they where like cat scratches across his face. The disappeared in between issue 7 and issue 8. Not exactly glowing proof of a healing factor. Taskmaster has completely healed broken limbs in the space between issues. That is like magic hero refresh period for minor wounds.

That's a stretch. Vitality is more synonymous with stamina and vigor that it is healing. I would wager that is a reference to his long life span. Still not exactly a confirmation of a healing factor. Look at the scans and look at the gashes in Blade's face when they show his head from behind. It's apparant they were pretty good wounds. By the time the fight was over they were gone.

So you're implying that the narration meant that he has all the power and vitality of the most powerful undead....other than healing abilities? Really?

Trackz
guggenheims annotated bibliography of the character, read his abilities, visit the respect thread, and shut up.

http://idisk.mac.com/mguggenheim-Public?view=web

Mindset
Don't tell Hillary Srank to shut up! sad

srankmissingnin
like draconis? like hrolf? like morbius? like spitfire? they are all big characters...so they must all be able to shapeshift/turn into mist?...oh wait.

Spitfire and Morbius aren't real full vampires. You are right that Hrolf Draconis never demonstrated them but that isn't exactly evidence of them not having them. Dracula doesn't go man-bat or turn into mist every time he shows up either. /shrug

Mindset
We credit him with healing factor he has never displayed? ...he doesn't have all the abilities of a vampire and giving him the benefit of the doubt is absurd. Originally posted by srankmissingnin
You are right that Hrolf Draconis never demonstrated them but that isn't exactly evidence of them not having them.

Just sayin.

Trackz
Spitfire and Morbius aren't real full vampires. You are right that Hrolf Draconis never demonstrated them but that isn't exactly evidence of them not having them. Dracula doesn't go man-bat or turn into mist every time he shows up either. /shrug wait....so hrolf and dracnois NEVER demonstrating an ability isn't evidence that they don't have it, while blade's healing factor which has performed on-panel, and been stated by writers is nonexistent. LOL

Trackz
Originally posted by Mindset
Just sayin. beat me to it

snoopdogg
wait....so hrolf and dracnois NEVER demonstrating an ability isn't evidence that they don't have it, while blade's healing factor which has performed on-panel, and been stated by writers is nonexistent. LOL Game over.

Badabing
Rap isn't music, it is the lowest common denominator of noise. A series of trite comments about drugs/money/speakers/guns/jewelry/shoes/bitches forced into a rudimentary, nursery school rhyme scheme by a man who more often than not wouldn't recognize a guitar if you smacked him upside the head with it. The end result is something that could be easily replicated by any five your old in a kidder garden class with a rhyming dictionary. A cease pool of moronic ramblings on extravagance recited by a bunch of scum bags with jewelry in their faces, over top a 10 second drum beat repeated ad nauseam on a 10 second loop, or if you are lucky over a sample of a real song made by an actual musician years ago who actually had an iota of talent. The fact that you would not only listen to this but use it as your screen name leaves me to believe that you are, in fact, an idiot; and that your opinion on any subject mater is suspect.

Don't patronize me by misspelling my screen name, and I won't make fun of yours. cool Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I'm not trolling. Yes, you are trolling and this isn't the first time today. If you can't be civil then use the ignore or take a break from posting.

Also, kidder garden (kindergarten) and cease pool (cesspool)? dur

srankmissingnin
Look at the scans and look at the gashes in Blade's face when they show his head from behind. It's apparant they were pretty good wounds. By the time the fight was over they were gone.

So you're implying that the narration meant that he has all the power and vitality of the most powerful undead....other than healing abilities? Really?

I'm implying that vitality isn't a synonym for healing factor. I mean, I've used the word vitality before, and I can't be entirely sure but I am pretty sure I wasn't suggesting the existence of a healing factor when I did.

Well, it is true that absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence; absence of evidence is still absence of evidence. Blade hasn't demonstrated a healing factor on panel. That's the reality of the situation. Sure he might have one, its likely that he does have one, but until he shows speculating on what he might be to do is of no use for us. If Punisher shots Blade with in the chest with bullets there is nothing on panel to suggest that won't be effective.

Mindset
srank, just admit it, you hate black vampires.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Badabing
Yes, you are trolling and this isn't the first time today. If you can't be civil then use the ignore or take a break from posting.

Also, kidder garden (kindergarten) and cease pool (cesspool)? dur

I my defense its a Friday and I'm pretty drunk. cool

Badabing
I my defense its a Friday and I'm pretty drunk. cool mmm

mhmm

durink

Just try not to get reported again.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Badabing
mmm

mhmm

durink

Just try not to get reported again.

Will do...

I still don't think I'm trolling though, seeing as - you know - I'm right. The only time Blade has show a healing factor - is in the movie. embarrasment

OneDumbG0
If Punisher shots Blade with in the chest with bullets there is nothing on panel to suggest that won't be effective. Yeah. I mean if Punisher shots Blade with in the back with bullets there is nothing on panel to suggest that won't be...

... wait, what?

sam Originally posted by srankmissingnin
We credit him with healing factor he has never displayed? Originally posted by srankmissingnin
You are right that Hrolf Draconis never demonstrated them but that isn't exactly evidence of them not having them. sam sam Originally posted by Mindset
srank, just admit it, you hate black vampires. sam sam sam

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Yeah. I mean if Punisher shots Blade with in the back with bullets there is nothing on panel to suggest that won't be...

... wait, what?

sam sam sam

Punisher shot Blade in the back in a comic that might not even be canon. Blade might have been wearing Kevlar, he usually does, Punisher said he was, Blade inferred that he wasn't. Not exactly concrete evidence to bring to the jury.

The are both vampires. Those are established abilities that vampires posses. Blade - strictly speaking - is not a vampire. They aren't exactly the same thing.

OneDumbG0
^ Why is the canonicity of Marvel Team-Up in question?

sam sam sam sam

srankmissingnin
^ Why is the canonicity of Marvel Team-Up in question?

sam sam sam sam

I forget why but some guys at my LCS where arguing about this on Wednesday apparently a bunch of characters still active in the Marvel U, formed a team got stranded in the future and stayed there.

And Invincible crossed over with it too once or twice I think. /srhug

OneDumbG0
^ Marvel Team-Up is also where the Skrull, Crusader, got his Freedom Ring from his dying friend. If you remember, Crusader joins Stark's Initiative and saves them during Secret Invasion...

... unless you now want to vote Secret Invasion out of continuity?

sam sam sam sam sam

srankmissingnin
^ Marvel Team-Up is also where the Skrull, Crusader, got his Freedom Ring from his dying friend. If you remember, Crusader joins Stark's Initiative and saves them during Secret Invasion...

... unless you now want to vote Secret Invasion out of continuity?

sam sam sam sam sam

Hmmm.... well Secret Invasion did kind of suck...

Like I said: It might not be canon. Part of it for sure is not canon, some of it could be... but that seems weird as I think the non canon stuff intersected with the canon stuff. Right now I'm not to considered with the continuity shattering implications of an ancillary character like Crusader appearing in both MTU and Secret Invasion.

Does anyone have the entire run of the last MTU series? I just have the Wolverine appearances. Can someone read it and give their impressions on the canon-ticity of the run?

OneDumbG0
Hmmm.... well Secret Invasion did kind of suck...

Like I said: It might not be canon. Part of it for sure is not canon, some of it could be... but that seems weird as I think the non canon stuff intersected with the canon stuff. Right now I'm not to considered with the continuity shattering implications of an ancillary character like Crusader appearing in both MTU and Secret Invasion.

Does anyone have the entire run of the last MTU series? I just have the Wolverine appearances. Can someone read it and give their impressions on the canon-ticity of the run? ...

Your ship be sinking.

sam multiplied x6

jinzin
I read them all.

Hmmmm.... to be entirely honest, there were some DEFINITE issues with the placement of some characters. Moonknight comes to mind, as does Darkhawk. Then there's issues with some stuff related to Hulk and the stryfe between interpersonal relationships during Civil War being pretty much blatently ignored but at the same time parts of it being represented as taking place anyway.

I'm inclined to believe the series WAS supposed to be canon but there are definite mess-ups up and down through the series. I kinda just chalked it up to the notion that the series took liberties in the timeframes of the continuity. It's hard to tell when some of the stories are taking place at all.

That said, I don't remember anything even remotely suggesting it wasn't canon marvel in terms of the series solicits and interviews etc etc.

Colossus-Big C
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1253685-whatif_v2_025_p41.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.