Who is the better Technopath

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Henshaw, Tyrant, Cable. In other words, if you were to hire one of these guys to get the job done, who gets the call? First to last.

occultdestroyer
Tyrant at FP

leonidas
going by feats henshaw is far in front. tyrant may have more power or ability, but we've seen no real proof. cable is a VERY distant last.

occultdestroyer
^
I agree.

Manipulating the Source Wall is a top-tier technopath feat.

Galan007
funny thing is, controlling the source wall isn't really a technopath feat at all.

Kris Blaze
Henshaw's probably got the most feats. Cable can't compete.
Originally posted by Galan007
funny thing is, controlling the source wall isn't really a technopath feat at all.
It sure gets thrown around a lot like one though.

Galan007
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
It sure gets thrown around a lot like one though. yeah it does. though if you look at most of the wall's depictions, it's never really shown as any kind of 'technology' - and while hank controlling a part of it is a very impressive general feat, i can't say that i'd think of it specifically as a 'technopathic' feat. just my opinion.

Enyalus
Controlling Galactus' tech on the fly is a better feat than controlling a small portion of the Source Wall over months, IMO.

Tyrant gets #1 spot here. Cable comes in well last.

leonidas
yeah it does. though if you look at most of the wall's depictions, it's never really shown as any kind of 'technology' - and while hank controlling a part of it is a very impressive general feat, i can't say that i'd think of it specifically as a 'technopathic' feat. just my opinion.

i wasn't really using that feat as the deciding factor. i agree it's a bit ambiguous as a technopathic feat. still, even with that, henshaw has some uber feats. tyrant MAY be better (logically, based on his power level probably SHOULD be better) but henshaw has the goods to back up his #1 ranking imo.

Galan007
Originally posted by leonidas
i wasn't really using that feat as the deciding factor. i agree it's a bit ambiguous as a technopathic feat. still, even with that, henshaw has some uber feats. tyrant MAY be better (logically, based on his power level probably SHOULD be better) but henshaw has the goods to back up his #1 ranking imo. i know that's not what you were basing your opinion on. it's just that many supporters of hank cling to the source wall feat, and claim it to be "teh uber technopath feat." those people tend to forget that, while said feat may be a very impressive display of matter manipulation , it isn't really a technopathic feat at all.

however, i do agree that hank takes this. controlling tech is what he DOES.

leonidas
thumb up

KuRuPT Thanosi
i know that's not what you were basing your opinion on. it's just that many supporters of hank cling to the source wall feat, and claim it to be "teh uber technopath feat." those people tend to forget that, while said feat may be a very impressive display of matter manipulation , it isn't really a technopathic feat at all.

however, i do agree that hank takes this. controlling tech is what he DOES.

Question to Leo and Galan..

I'm curious if you replace Tyrant with Henshaw and I think what Eny was getting at and what I'm also curious of. Do you see Henshaw taking over Galactus ship on the fly during battle the way Tyrant did so easily?

Nihilist
Didnt Hank have to plug in to Apokolips tech to take over it.

Galan007
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Question to Leo and Galan..

I'm curious if you replace Tyrant with Henshaw and I think what Eny was getting at and what I'm also curious of. Do you see Henshaw taking over Galactus ship on the fly during battle the way Tyrant did so easily? all i remember tyrant doing is rerouting galactus' power converter, on the fly. it's not like he overtook the entirely of taa II.

leonidas
all i remember tyrant doing is rerouting galactus' power converter, on the fly. it's not like he overtook the entirely of taa II.

yep. that feat gets pretty overblown. it's not like he commanded the ship to attack and try to kill galactus. henshaw has many of those types of feats. and we also can't just assume g's tech is "teh uber-ist tech is the univerzes!!1!". he WAS impressed by thanos's force field after all. erm

Galan007
yep. that feat gets pretty overblown. it's not like he commanded the ship to attack and try to kill galactus. henshaw has many of those types of feats. and we also can't just assume g's tech is "teh uber-ist tech is the univerzes!!1!". he WAS impressed by thanos's force field after all. erm yeah, i don't view that one showing as enough on panel evidence to override hank's consistent technopathy feats. i mean, rerouting galactus' converter doesn't strike me as any more impressive than hank utilizing his technopathic prowess to control/manipulate apokoliptian tech. *shrugs*

-K-M-
No mention of Jeffries? For shame.

illadelph12
Always hatin' on Canadians.

-K-M-
and for good reason...wait what?

leonidas
Originally posted by -K-M-
No mention of Jeffries? For shame.

certainly jefferies would have been a far more interesting participant than cable. be a pretty close technopathic battle with henshaw and madison . . . i'd likely still side with henshaw, but it'd be interesting, no doubt.

Mindset
yep. that feat gets pretty overblown. it's not like he commanded the ship to attack and try to kill galactus. henshaw has many of those types of feats. and we also can't just assume g's tech is "teh uber-ist tech is the univerzes!!1!". he WAS impressed by thanos's force field after all. erm Him being impressed with Thanos's forcefield doesn't really mean much.

leonidas
Originally posted by Mindset
Him being impressed with Thanos's forcefield doesn't really mean much.

true enough, but you'd think if his own tech were so amazing, that he might not be impressed by what thanos's tech could do. it's a minor thing, but meh, always struck me as odd.

-K-M-
. . . i'd likely still side with henshaw

As would I.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.