Character disappointments

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kris Blaze

WhoopeeDee
Azrael and the new Batgirl....DC can't get it together with the Bat-family.

Darth Jello
Access. Oh, and Johnny Sockets.

~The Wickerman~
Exodus.

Alpha Centauri
Good thread. May borrow the idea.

Rulk.

Premise was awesome, seems like it's getting kind of interesting now, but Jeph Loeb really ballsed it up. He will need to do something herculean to fix it.

Sentry, gotta agree with you there.

X-23, just seems dull to me. I didn't expect great things, but it turned out to be rather mediocre.

Hmm, who else? Can't think right now.

-AC

-K-M-
Micheal Pointer...oh wait a character that had a promising start, nevermind then.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by -K-M-
Micheal Pointer...oh wait a character that had a promising start, nevermind then.

Are you sure about that? I never really thought he had much promise to begin with.

Alpha Centauri
That's exactly what he said.

-AC

Symmetric Chaos
Batman. It sounds like an awesome concept "giant talking bat who vigilantly proteacts a city that fears him" but it turns out he's just a guy in a suit. Total rip off.

But seriously, Spectre gets built up so much but never seems to do much good. The hype is ridiculously out of proportion to the character.

basilisk
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
But seriously, Spectre gets built up so much but never seems to do much good. The hype is ridiculously out of proportion to the character.

Like the useless Sentry.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Batman. It sounds like an awesome concept "giant talking bat who vigilantly proteacts a city that fears him" but it turns out he's just a guy in a suit. Total rip off.

Total rip off from what ?

Accel
Originally posted by Kazenji
Zorro.

Bouboumaster
Sentry, Rulk, Blue Marvel (Which have ****in' disappear)

Darth Vicious
Sentry. Loved the mini but the character has been crap since they brought him back.

willRules
Originally posted by Kazenji

Well he was joking but the inspiration for Batman was a combination of Sherlock Holmes and Dracula, with a bit of Zorro thrown in.

Endless Mike
Wraith, that guy in Annihilation: Conquest. At first he looked cool, and then when he showed his power it was pretty cool, but he seemed to just fade into obscurity and not do anything important.

Kris Blaze
Gotta agree with Wraith, he simply disappeared no expression

JakeTheBank
I thought the concept of Sentry was kind of suspect at the beginning. Now, it's just turning into a bunch of nonsense.

Magog also comes to mind, though I saw it coming a mile away.

King Kandy
Sentry, he kind of started as a character with limitless potential, because it wasn't known what he was capable of. Then they ruined it by having him be a joke in just about every appearance. Looks like he might be getting back on his feet now, though.

Blanket
Sentry - He had promise I guess. Then he was shown to have failure.

Rhino - Was big shit back in the day. Now he's the Quanchi of comic books.

Terrax - 'Killed' Doom in his first few appearances, and took Surfer to stop him. Now anyone close to where Terrax is wreaking havok can be called in to nigh eat his face.

The Pict
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

X-23, just seems dull to me. I didn't expect great things, but it turned out to be rather mediocre.

srug I like her. Most of the New X-Men have become mediocre, but to me X-23 stands out from the rest. Possibly due to more appearances.

On the topic of X-Men I'm disappointed with the way Cyclops has gone.

Sentry obviously. Marvel should have capped his power and gave themselves an incredibly powerful Superhero, instead of this deranged character that sprouts new powers all the time, gets lauded as the most powerful Character in the MU before getting slapped around by Ultron and "burning out" against Hulk. Shame as the introduction was interesting.
It's clear Marvel didn't know where to take him. The power of a thousand exploding suns became a million. The terrifying Void that brought Sentry to insanity couldn't even kill a shield agent in it's New Avengers appearance. Up and downs on what should be a clear cut character.

Kris Blaze
Power Pack - This group has failed to develop over the years. Instead of continuing to use them as 10 year olds they could have been drafted into the runaways or somesuch. We saw ligthspeed have a minor appearance in that comics and it had a lot of potential.

Martian_mind
Aztek. Not exactly recent, but damn.

bbrem123
Originally posted by The Pict
srug I like her. Most of the New X-Men have become mediocre, but to me X-23 stands out from the rest. Possibly due to more appearances.

On the topic of X-Men I'm disappointed with the way Cyclops has gone.

Sentry obviously. Marvel should have capped his power and gave themselves an incredibly powerful Superhero, instead of this deranged character that sprouts new powers all the time, gets lauded as the most powerful Character in the MU before getting slapped around by Ultron and "burning out" against Hulk. Shame as the introduction was interesting.
It's clear Marvel didn't know where to take him. The power of a thousand exploding suns became a million. The terrifying Void that brought Sentry to insanity couldn't even kill a shield agent in it's New Avengers appearance. Up and downs on what should be a clear cut character.

if you read the comics about him it tells you why he sucks so bad sometimes...i am starting to like where they are going with him now...it is kinda interesting

i like the void more and more now...his personality is great...you can never take him seriously with what he says...and he isnt a sissy man like sentry is lately

i will agree tho it got old fast how he was being embarrassed all the time

King Kandy
Basically they decided to make it so whenever they needed to show a new villain was especially powerful, they'd send Sentry against him only to have his ass thoroughly kicked. A trend that is only now starting to reverse.

basilisk
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Sentry, Rulk, Blue Marvel (Which have ****in' disappear)

Blue Marvel was in a recent What If? (fighting Rulk)... and I think I saw somewhere that he will be returning soon.

basilisk
Stiltman. When he first appeared the whole city was afraid of him. He made Daredevil and Spider-Man look bad. He stood there and took Thor's hammer straight to the chest and told Thor to get lost because the hydraulic stilts made him unbeatable.

Later he became a joke. Now everyone beats him with no more difficulty than if he was an infant in diapers. They have casual conversations while they beat him up.

Not what Stan or whover intended for Stiltman.

ExodusCloak
Layla Millar.

Mindship
Asgardian Destroyer. That first fight with Thor was awesome in so many ways. But over the years, the Destroyer gradually became just another notch on Thor's belt.

JakeTheBank
Achilles.

Nihilist
Recently the Unspoken from Might Avengers arc, had the potential to be a real bad ass at first.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Mindship
Asgardian Destroyer. That first fight with Thor was awesome in so many ways. But over the years, the Destroyer gradually became just another notch on Thor's belt.
Really?

It did kill him in V2 after all.

Philosophía
Superboy Prime.

Kris Blaze

Mindship
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Really?

It did kill him in V2 after all. It is formidable, regardless. I guess I've been disappointed ever since it got beat by the Celestials.

Newjak
Ares at least when they reintroduced him in his mini years back.

Now it seems like he just keeps getting the generic strongman type treatment, with a few moments where it looks like they are gonna make him the legit god of war.

I just wish they would finally make the final decision give him an amp and let him be the herald level Wolverine like he should be or like it's been stated he should be.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.