Character Surprises.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alpha Centauri
To borrow from Kris;

Who, when you thought they'd be shitty, has surprised you in a good way, or has really grown on you?

I'll go ahead and say Norman Osborn. I never really had much against the guy, but he always struck me as someone who would never have impact. Just a rogue gallery piece of fodder, but now he's really achieving the title of one of Marvel's best villains I think.

-AC

jalek moye
Skaar, he's grown on me

I thought he was a waste of a character at first

~The Wickerman~
Brit from Image comics.

Trackz
daken, he's really grown into his own character.

Alpha Centauri
Definitely agree with Daken.

-AC

Scythe
Cable. Never stood out to me, now he's in Messiah War and can't believe all the shit that he's doing now to save mutantkind.

Alpha Centauri
He's always been doing that.

Either you've never read his material or...well there's just that option.

-AC

Scythe
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
He's always been doing that.

Either you've never read his material or...well there's just that option.

-AC

Yeah, I've read his previous books, however his past feats were thrown in my 'don't really care' pile. Character never really stood out to me since his recent outings and books with Deadpool.

Accel
Lyra. The character didn't interest me at all when she was first introduced. Then her recent mini came out, which turned out to be surprisingly enjoyable, and got me to like the character.

Newjak
Marvel Ares

All I can say is after reading his Mini he's grown on me. He has had on and off moments since then but hopefully that Mini won't be the last good thing I hear from him.

Kris Blaze
Hawkeye.

Originally posted by Newjak
Marvel Ares

All I can say is after reading his Mini he's grown on me. He has had on and off moments since then but hopefully that Mini won't be the last good thing I hear from him.

Yeah, Ares was not very interesting in the Thor comics, but his mini was incredible. Avengers appearances have been so so.

vansonbee
Adam warlock return as the Magus in Guardians of the Galaxy #17 smile

I wonder how the story will play from here.

Magus after all had big part in infinity arc.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Trackz
daken, he's really grown into his own character.
Thats my pick as well. Im loving the character on "Dark" Wolverine. He's like the male Emma Frost with the way he manipulates people.

Kris Blaze
Morph in exiles definitely grew on me.

Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Thats my pick as well. Im loving the character on "Dark" Wolverine. He's like the male Emma Frost with the way he manipulates people.

Dude, no sad

Emma's got much more personality than that.

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Thats my pick as well. Im loving the character on "Dark" Wolverine. He's like the male Emma Frost with the way he manipulates people. A male femme fatale is not a good thing.

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Morph in exiles definitely grew on me.

Dude, no sad

Emma's got much more personality than that.

Maybe older Emma. Very dubious and manipulative. I love Emma btw.

Alpha Centauri
Emma Frost really has come on leaps and bounds, too.

I do like Daken, I think it's quite interesting how he denies being like his father. In reality, he's not so much like his father NOW, but 70 years ago (Marvel time)? You're lookin' at Wolverine.

I think that one moment in Dark X-Men will be one of the pivotal points in Norman's downfall. Can Daken stand on his own after Dark Reign? We'll see.

-AC

Kris Blaze
Dude, Daken is completely different from Wolverine in giant x-men and ++

Galan007
blue beetle (jaime.)

i can't say i expected much at all from him at first - but as time went on, i came to enjoy his character more than i ever thought i would

Endless Mike
The Flash's rogues. At first I thought they were just a group of goofy leftovers from the Silver Age who only ever posed a threat to Flash because of PIS and bad writing.

But then I read more of them and realized how intelligent, powerful, and dangerous they could be.

Philosophía
Superboy(Kon-El).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.