How Powerful is Vader?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Anakin4Ever
At first I thought Vader was really weak, in both lightsaber dueling and the Force. That was until I understood how powerful he was in the Force, and that he bested many Jedi in lightsaber combat. But I still can't get a good read on how powerful he is. I mean, Luke Skywalker, who only had 4 years of training, kicked his butt! What is the deal?

ares834
Vader went easy on him... Luke admits this in a book (forgot which one).

Ms.Marvel
Way more then Revan! big grin

Anakin4Ever
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
Way more then Revan! big grin

Are you sure?

Ms.Marvel
joking.

Wolverine2179
Originally posted by Anakin4Ever
At first I thought Vader was really weak, in both lightsaber dueling and the Force. That was until I understood how powerful he was in the Force, and that he bested many Jedi in lightsaber combat. But I still can't get a good read on how powerful he is. I mean, Luke Skywalker, who only had 4 years of training, kicked his butt! What is the deal? Because vader held back against his son? Luke admits it in a later book.

Seriously start reading more EU books and comics, play TFU and you will see just how powerful he is in the force and i'll tell you that he is way more powerful than alot of jedi and sith.

And the "oh me gosh he is sooooooo sl0w in the movies and weak" argument died years ago and is pathetic, first off who the hell in the movies was a big enough threat for him to go all out on?

You may say that in ROTJ but then again he wasn't going all out, he didn't even use any force powers at all.

mattatom
Apart from the saber throw which required the Force.

Darth_Glentract
Vader is pretty freakin powerful. He's got a lot of crappy weaknesses, but he's like a bull that can just crush people. Effectively unlimited physical stamina (mech limbs). He still have a butt load of raw Force potential. And he's got a big enough skill set to really cause some damage. I think he probably surpassed his ROTS self, but I don't think by enough to every be much of a threat to like Sidious.

mattatom
Glentract you say he has unlimited physical stamina, he was being worn out by Luke in ROTJ when he gave into his anger.
He rushed to his father with a frenzy he'd never known. Nor had Vader.
Blow upon blow, Luke forced Vader to retreat.
Each stroke of Luke's saber pummeled Vader, like accusations, like screams, like shards of hate. -Novellisation-Just saying.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Wolverine2179

And the "oh me gosh he is sooooooo sl0w in the movies and weak" argument died years ago and is pathetic, first off who the hell in the movies was a big enough threat for him to go all out on?

Obi Wan

Ms.Marvel
Originally posted by mattatom
Glentract you say he has unlimited physical stamina, he was being worn out by Luke in ROTJ when he gave into his anger.
He rushed to his father with a frenzy he'd never known. Nor had Vader.
Blow upon blow, Luke forced Vader to retreat.
Each stroke of Luke's saber pummeled Vader, like accusations, like screams, like shards of hate. -Novellisation-Just saying.

how does any of that point to vader being worn out?

mattatom
The fact he didn't have the strength to standup to Luke's blows anymore?

Hewhoknowsall
UNLIMITED physical stamina? That's an exaggeration, right? No one has "unlimited" stamina.

mattatom
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
UNLIMITED physical stamina? That's an exaggeration, right? No one has "unlimited" stamina. http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/tasty1234/ChuckNorris.png This guy does. Apparently he can also walk on Jesus.

Ms.Marvel
The fact he didn't have the strength to standup to Luke's blows anymore?

where does it say that in the passage you provided? maybe my eyes are just glossing over it.

mattatom
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
where does it say that in the passage you provided? maybe my eyes are just glossing over it. Well I don't think it says that. I think it's implied , afterall, if two forces meet and A is stronger than B, B is pushed back. Vader is B. In this situation.

Ms.Marvel
it seemed to me that avder just couldnt keep up with him. Luke was getting more ferocious and unpredictable. i dont think its implying that he was getting weaker.

but then again. the movie clearly shows him getting worn out so i guess it doesnt really matter. sad

Wolverine2179
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Obi Wan Yeah and what threat did he pose genius?

mattatom
He became more powerful than you can possibly imagine. That's what he did.

truejedi
Kenobi could trick people with sneaky sounds.

THAT made him a very real threat, and don't you forget it!@!!!!@!@

Anakin4Ever
Because vader held back against his son? Luke admits it in a later book.

Seriously start reading more EU books and comics, play TFU and you will see just how powerful he is in the force and i'll tell you that he is way more powerful than alot of jedi and sith.

You may say that in ROTJ but then again he wasn't going all out, he didn't even use any force powers at all.

I waiting for TFU to come to PC, which will be in Fall-Winter.

Anakin4Ever
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/tasty1234/ChuckNorris.png This guy does. Apparently he can also walk on Jesus.

Don't bring that trash in here. That's kind of insulting to Jesus.

Wolverine2179
Originally posted by Anakin4Ever
I waiting for TFU to come to PC, which will be in Fall-Winter. Same here actually, i based my vader arguments on what i have seen on youtube but i am very sure i can formulate better cases for vader once i play the game fully.

TommyKang
....Well i got the star map everywhere but korrbien and i killed brandon on kassheyyk (sorry if i spelled it wrong) . so i get on the ebon hawk and start to go to korrbien . theres a mini clip and carth says "My old mentor " Or something like that and i get pulled in with the tractor beam Then i hear the music from the endar spire with the screen black . so i come back like an hour later and it's the same . Why?

Red Nemesis
http://loljesus.com/wp-content/uploads/_the%20rulez.jpg

truejedi
Originally posted by TommyKang
....Well i got the star map everywhere but korrbien and i killed brandon on kassheyyk (sorry if i spelled it wrong) . so i get on the ebon hawk and start to go to korrbien . theres a mini clip and carth says "My old mentor " Or something like that and i get pulled in with the tractor beam Then i hear the music from the endar spire with the screen black . so i come back like an hour later and it's the same . Why?

That is glitch from KOTOR sometimes, always happened to me on the ebon hawk. The only thing missing is the picture. The rest of the game is playing. Just reload your last load point.

Hewhoknowsall
Yeah and what threat did he pose genius?

He's the one that caused Vader to be confined to his suit. Vader WOULD have to try in order to beat Obi Wan.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.