Muslim father kills his Two Daughters

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

occultdestroyer
This is a really old issue, but I felt like posting it nonetheless:

6Xs7oKrG7Pc

Being an ex-Muslim and all, I find this quite alarming.

~The Wickerman~
With the number of support organizations and groups in the US that are ready and willing to intervene and help youths being threatened by their extremist parents, it's really the girl's fault for not getting off their asses and reporting their father's behavior to the authorities prior to this incident.

Bardock42
Originally posted by ~The Wickerman~
With the number of support organizations and groups in the US that are ready and willing to intervene and help youths being threatened by their extremist parents, it's really the girl's fault for not getting off their asses and reporting their father's behavior to the authorities prior to this incident.

Yeah, in fact I think it is every victim of violence's fault for not training their body Batman style preventing it.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Bardock42
Yeah, in fact I think it is every victim of violence's fault for not training their body Batman style preventing it.

Plus lots of people have survived being shot. Why should we pity a person who chose to just stop living?

lil bitchiness
I suspect this was an honour killing, no? Common in Muslim communities in Europe.

Bardock42
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
I suspect this was an honour killing, no? Common in Muslim communities in Europe.

What's "common"?

Symmetric Chaos
Honor killing are common in Europe?

~The Wickerman~

Sarcasm doesn't suit you border-boy. I didn't say that they should train themselves, I said only that there are so many options in the US to appeal to, and so many places you can go for help, that it was extremely silly of those two to take no action. I'll even add a scenario to make my point even more clear:

father1: AND I FORBID YOU TO EVER SEE HIM AGAIN OR I WILL KEEP BEATING YOU AND YOUR SISTER LIKE I DID YOUR MOTHER

sister1: pffft he wouldn't

sister2: definitely not, i'll just not inform any of the dozens of organizations that could protect me and put him away and ignore his threats that he has most likely backed up on several occassions.

sister1: totally.awesome.

BLAM BLAM

"oh my god, he like...shot me...oh my god.."

facepalm

Bardock42
Sarcasm doesn't suit you border-boy. I didn't say that they should train themselves, I said only that there are so many options in the US to appeal to, and so many places you can go for help, that it was extremely silly of those two to take no action. I'll even add a scenario to make my point even more clear:

father1: AND I FORBID YOU TO EVER SEE HIM AGAIN OR I WILL KEEP BEATING YOU AND YOUR SISTER LIKE I DID YOUR MOTHER

sister1: pffft he wouldn't

sister2: definitely not, i'll just not inform any of the dozens of organizations that could protect me and put him away and ignore his threats that he has most likely backed up on several occassions.

sister1: totally.awesome.

BLAM BLAM

facepalm

I understand, and I can see how it is therefore their fault they got shot and killed.

Besides, this is the first time I heard about it and in the material we got in this thread it didn't discuss whether he had a violent past, whether he threatened the girls, whether the girls sought help, etc.

Not that it matters, the fault really lies with the dude doing the shooting either way.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Honor killing are common in Europe?

Yes they are. There isn't like a massive number, but it is more common than it should be. Dozen of women in UK every single year face such horrible fate because of unsolved family things or traditions, or their Westernization which is seen as unfavourable or offensive or whatever.

shiv

facepalm

One Two, oh my god. Its like 1-2-3 OMG..

bogen
Yeah happens in Australia quite abit.
Mostly in sydney actually.
A few years ago there was a dudes head found severed and split down the middle with a shovel.
Apparently some girls brother did it cause he was christian, they muslim.

It's really quite sad sad
I knew a muslim girl, became really good friends with their family, great people. I just think it's horrible that the ignorant masses out their will judge an entire faith/people on acts like this and terrorism etc.

lil bitchiness
I think this has a lot to do with tradition, rather than religion.

And yeah, it's very sad young lives are cut short, and many times in the most horrible fashion.

Ms.Marvel
... but thats less people to take up earths resources. big grin

if you think about it that way it sounds like less of a tragedy. stick out tongue

Ms.Marvel
now that i think about it that is a horrible thing to say. ermm

Bardock42
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
now that i think about it that is a horrible thing to say. ermm

You had to think about that?

SamZED
Originally posted by bogen

It's really quite sad sad
I knew a muslim girl, became really good friends with their family, great people. I just think it's horrible that the ignorant masses out their will judge an entire faith/people on acts like this and terrorism etc. Well said.
I hope they find the guy.

Bicnarok

~The Wickerman~
... but thats less people to take up earths resources. big grin

if you think about it that way it sounds like less of a tragedy. stick out tongue

laughing out loud

The guy makes perfect sense though.

Bardock42

bogen

~The Wickerman~
We could learn something from this strength of commitment im sure with western marriages being the joke that they are.

I assure you they're just as big a joke in Eastern Europe as well.

Ms.Marvel
You had to think about that?

well it was a joke. but... yeah.

shiv
It was a good joke

Bardock42
I must have totally missed it.

lil bitchiness
I must have totally missed it.

She was trying to make a smart ass comment, since I mentioned overpopulation and the drain on resources.
You didn't miss it, it just wasn't funny.

Ms.Marvel
it really wasnt. kind of hypocritical because i berate people for making comments like that usually. sorry lil b.

lil bitchiness
No need to apologise, M. I'm not offended or anything. But I did think that is what you meant.

shiv
Anyway back to the discussion on Domestic Violence.

Domestic Violence is bad.

Bardock42
She was trying to make a smart ass comment, since I mentioned overpopulation and the drain on resources.
You didn't miss it, it just wasn't funny.

I was just playing dumb really, like anyone could miss that she was joking. Originally posted by shiv
Anyway back to the discussion on Domestic Violence.

Domestic Violence is bad.

Definitely...I am still wondering though why no one that claims that honor killings are such a big problem tells me just how many people a year get honor killed in Europe.

Bicnarok
Please don't be irgnorant on this issue, it's such a well documented problem and the faith it involves is even more well documented.....

I was being ignorant on purpose because you can paint all these faiths, traditions etc with the same brush. Why?, because they are all medieval lunatic practices based on fairy tales, daft stories and scrolls written by drugged up or power hungry fools.

In this modern age these things should be banned & taught out of society at their roots.

lil bitchiness
I was just playing dumb really, like anyone could miss that she was joking.

Definitely...I am still wondering though why no one that claims that honor killings are such a big problem tells me just how many people a year get honor killed in Europe.

12 in UK alone every single year. I know Sweden has the problem and France, Netherlands and Germany too, but their numbers need to be researched.

Bardock42
12 in UK alone every single year. I know Sweden has the problem and France, Netherlands and Germany too, but their numbers need to be researched. Well, that's tragic, but 12 is not really as much that you can call it a "huge" problem....I mean, I believe more people are killed over burnt toast.

RocasAtoll
Originally posted by Bicnarok
I was being ignorant on purpose because you can paint all these faiths, traditions etc with the same brush. Why?, because they are all medieval lunatic practices based on fairy tales, daft stories and scrolls written by drugged up or power hungry fools.

In this modern age these things should be banned & taught out of society at their roots.
That's very accepting of you and not at all authoritorian.

!2 people is about equivalent to the number of people who die from sand at the beach each year. It's not a big number.

Darth Jello
Why is there a debate regarding this? Most western nations have laws that protect religious freedom but specifically ban certain religious practices that are considered destructive to society and contrary to the nations laws. That's why things like honor killing, human sacrifice, cannibalism, and female genital mutilation are illegal. There are certain allowances, i.e. killing bald eagles, hunting of cetaceans, brewing and imbibing mescaline, but they never involve hurting other people.

Nor does this call for launching an attack on Islam. A Muslim is no more wrong for killing a daughter than a Christian for executing a disobedient child or stoning a homosexual. Nearly every single religion has some law or aspect to it which is illegal under common law. This doesn't warrant devaluing someone's faith.

Oh, and country's that try to ban Kosher slaughter are completely retarded.

Phantom Zone

****ing *******, that is all.

shiv
Lets see

on the one hand according to lil b'

"12 women alone are killed by Muslims in the Uk every year" .

According to Scotland Yard:

Two women in England and Wales are killed every week by a current or former partner. Every minute, police in the UK receive a domestic-assistance call, however only 35 per cent of such incidents are reported to police.
In London, around 100,000 cases are reported every year.

lets get this in perspective

Every week at least 2 women are successfully terminated by non muslims in England and Wales only.

Every week 0.08 women are terminated by muslims in England Scotland Ireland and Wales only.

Thus in terms of homicides your average blonde and blue eyed Caucasian uk civilian is 3000%** more efficient at killing women.

In total Non Muslim husbands kill over 104 women a year in the two territories of Wales & England. As a bonus every minute a white women is assaulted and every 3 minutes another white woman "falls down the stairs."

In contrast: Muslim marital homicides average out at 12 a year in the combined 4 territories of Scotland Ireland Wales and England. husbands are often outnumbered by women and children in a household and aren't around anyway to beat their partners up every minute of the day. or observe them tripping and falling down the stairs every three minutes.

Lets put some perspective on this lil bitchiness.

Its real easy to single out A particular demographic and view their activities in isolation. This is something which someone with a pre existing agenda or axe to grind would do.

I could say Muslims are violent evil and kill people.

But I know There are a lot of people on Death Row who were not Muslims when they were killing people.
Margaret Thatcher's evil son isn't a Muslim and he tried to Assassinate an African country's leader and Invade the country to get exclusive mining rights for a private consortium.

Every day I open the newspaper theres another story Caucasian guy poisons wife with mercury

Caucasian guy's wife found in a suitcase

Caucasian guys wife miscarriage's from a beatdown

Caucasian guys wife seeks restraining order

Caucasian wife cuts off husbands penis with sissors

Caucasian wife hires man to kill husband.

The object of this thread is Look at Muslims They are bad.
We are better.

A false premise.
We're worse.

The husband who poisoned his wife didn't give her a red flag. he didn't tell her What he really thought.

She had no warning he was going to commit First Degree Murder and She was the victim.

Ushgarak
Do try to put some intelligence into a post like that, shiv. Lil was referring specifcally to honour killings, not any domestic homicide (and you making it just about parters or former partners is an exceptionally skewed look at the issue), and meanwhile you've entirely failed to account for proportions of Muslims to non-Muslims in your figures. Of course caucasians kill more when they are massively in majority; it is rates we are interested in, not raw numbers.

inimalist

big compared to relative size of the populations

I don't have numbers, but a prof I had studied South Asian immigrant communities in Canada, and said they were fairly problematic.

its like FGM, or other types of forced confinement. Its a cultural thing in very reclusive communities. I'm not saying there are a number of young south asian women who are dying and it isn't being reported, just that there are cultural reasons people don't talk about it. Female circumcision happens in all Western nations.

And in comparison to other forms of domestic violence and, well, burnt toast, stats about domestic violence for white people don't include honor killings, because whites don't honor kill that much any more. On the other hand, stats for honor killings in south asian communities do not include stats about domestic violence in those communities. There is no reason to think that domestic violence within south asian households is any less than that in white homes, just that it includes additional honor killings to regular domestic issues. "12 honor killings a year" is not "12 cases of domestic violence".

burnt toast and sand, regardless of smart they might look, don't premeditatively kill things. Hey, gang violence isn't a problem because it doesn't kill as many people as heart disease! (I don't know that for a fact...)

shiv
What is the Goal of this thread Ushagarak

Ushgarak
That strikes me as an entirely irrelevant post, shiv. In response to the labelling of honour killings as 'common', bardock wants some hard numbers, which is a reasonable development from the thread. Your attempt there to attack Lil's numbers was deeply flawed.

Bardock42
Originally posted by inimalist
big compared to relative size of the populations

I don't have numbers, but a prof I had studied South Asian immigrant communities in Canada, and said they were fairly problematic.

its like FGM, or other types of forced confinement. Its a cultural thing in very reclusive communities. I'm not saying there are a number of young south asian women who are dying and it isn't being reported, just that there are cultural reasons people don't talk about it. Female circumcision happens in all Western nations.

And in comparison to other forms of domestic violence and, well, burnt toast, stats about domestic violence for white people don't include honor killings, because whites don't honor kill that much any more. On the other hand, stats for honor killings in south asian communities do not include stats about domestic violence in those communities. There is no reason to think that domestic violence within south asian households is any less than that in white homes, just that it includes additional honor killings to regular domestic issues. "12 honor killings a year" is not "12 cases of domestic violence".

burnt toast and sand, regardless of smart they might look, don't premeditatively kill things. Hey, gang violence isn't a problem because it doesn't kill as many people as heart disease! (I don't know that for a fact...)

I am not saying it's not a problem, it obviously is even if it only happened once in five years. I think it is exaggerated in speech though, for whatever reasons. If it is really 12 murders in a population of 60 million, then I think this problem (and it is one) gets way more airtime than some comparable or even worse problems.

Like I said, it is a problem and it should be fought against but I think that in the reporting of the issue it generalizes a very small part of the muslim population (I don't know how many there are in England but there are about 5 million turks in Germany alone) as the norm. You know what I mean?

Robtard
there are about 5 million turks in Germany alone

This NEVER would have happened in the Nazis had won, never.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Robtard
This NEVER would have happened in the Nazis had won, never. Probably true.

shiv
They'd have had to chill out eventually

Robtard
Originally posted by shiv
They'd have had to chill out eventually

Hitler, Goebbels and Himmler wouldn't have chilled out.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Ushgarak
That strikes me as an entirely irrelevant post, shiv. In response to the labelling of honour killings as 'common', bardock wants some hard numbers, which is a reasonable development from the thread. Your attempt there to attack Lil's numbers was deeply flawed.

I disagree.

His post was very much relevant. (Wait for it.)

He just failed to meet a few requirements in order to completely validate his points:

1. Divulge the number of devote Muslims.

2. Divulge the number of non-Muslims and non-Christians.

3. Divulge the number of devote Christians.

4. Prove that the majority of those "others" are devote Christians or some other religion. (Someone who says they are Christian by goes to church once a year, is hardly a Christian.)

5. Come up with the actual numbers of Muslim honor-killings and cite the source.

6. Divulge his sources for everything.

7. Do a global analysis of devote Christians vs. devote Muslims and see which group has the higher, per capita, homicide.

8. Then conclude, based off of all of those facts, which group was more violent.

No, wait, I DO agree with you, Ushgarak. His post was DEEPLY flawed.

shiv
Originally posted by dadudemon
I disagree.

His post was very much relevant. (Wait for it.)

He just failed to meet a few requirements in order to completely validate his points:

1. Divulge the number of devote Muslims.

2. Divulge the number of non-Muslims and non-Christians.

3. Divulge the number of devote Christians.

4. Prove that the majority of those "others" are devote Christians or some other religion. (Someone who says they are Christian by goes to church once a year, is hardly a Christian.)

5. Come up with the actual numbers of Muslim honor-killings and cite the source.

6. Divulge his sources for everything.

7. Do a global analysis of devote Christians vs. devote Muslims and see which group has the higher, per capita, homicide.

8. Then conclude, based off of all of those facts, which group was more violent.

I do have

a life.

Bicnarok

dadudemon
I do have

a life.

Yet, you typed up that nice post.

This is the internetz. If you REALLY want to persuade your fellow posters, you must compose a solid factual argument. There's nothing more satisfying on the internetz (Pronz, not included) that utterly destroyed someone's ignorant argument with a well thought out, fact-based, works cited, post.

You do know that if you made the effort in your post to do exactly what I outlined, you could not only own the utter shit out of Ushgarak and Lil B, but every other person who has factually misconceived ideas about Muslims. This is, of course, assuming you are right. You could very well pwn yourself after doing the research and then make yourself look like a fool. That's why you do the research. It would take an hour or two.

The data you collect in that research could actually be so useful and or interesting that you might be able to compile it into a news format and get it to run somewhere. I am dead serious. If the information you compile is very sound and it addresses a HUGE social issue, you could get that shit published.

dadudemon

~The Wickerman~
Yet, you typed up that nice post.

This is the internetz. If you REALLY want to persuade your fellow posters, you must compose a solid factual argument. There's nothing more satisfying on the internetz (Pronz, not included) that utterly destroyed someone's ignorant argument with a well thought out, fact-based, works cited, post.

You do know that if you made the effort in your post to do exactly what I outlined, you could not only own the utter shit out of Ushgarak and Lil B, but every other person who has factually misconceived ideas about Muslims. This is, of course, assuming you are right. You could very well pwn yourself after doing the research and then make yourself look like a fool. That's why you do the research. It would take an hour or two.

The data you collect in that research could actually be so useful and or interesting that you might be able to compile it into a news format and get it to run somewhere. I am dead serious. If the information you compile is very sound and it addresses a HUGE social issue, you could get that shit published.

Personally I'd be more interested to know how many a year are saved by non-profit organizations, so that I could compare that number to those 12.

Symmetric Chaos
IMO, I'd prefer more Christian and Muslim men dead than their "disobedient" wives.

That's just me. I prefer the independent, intelligent, woman to the ignorant, passive woman.

We can't have intelligent but submissive women?

Ushgarak
but every other person who has factually misconceived ideas about Muslims.

Straight out bashing, especially as you included me in that. You do this a lot, dadude, and now you are bing called out on it. That is an official warning.

And if you had looked you would also see that the post I called irrelevant was his one that went "What was this thread made for?"

dadudemon
Straight out bashing, especially as you included me in that. You do this a lot, dadude, and now you are bing called out on it. That is an official wrning.

And if you had looked you would also see that the post I called irrelevant was his one that went "What was this thread made for?"

What the ****.

no expression

I seriously cannot believe how dense you're being.

I ****ing agreed with you. His numbers mean jack shit until he does revisions as I outlined.

Did you miss this part of my post on purpose?

"This is, of course, assuming you are right. You could very well pwn yourself after doing the research and then make yourself look like a fool. That's why you do the research. It would take an hour or two."

There would be major self pwnage if he's wrong and major pwnage if he's right. That's a rather simple concept.

Edit - You can argue word semantics. Fine. I don't care. I fail to see how "Your attempt there to attack Lil's numbers was deeply flawed." wasn't relavent to what I said.

Ushgarak
Not smart, dadude. That's another warning for you; post like that again and it is a ban.

As you know full well, take your issues to PM. Which seeing you DID, that makes your post just there particularly brainless.

Robtard
Which seeing you DID, that makes your post just there particularly brainless.

Reported: Flaming a poster.

Ms.Marvel
freakin' ddm...
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f122/blaxican_templar/facepalm-1.jpg

anyway in regards to the topic:

can someone actually explain to me what an "honor killing" is? i google'd it and got several different answers.

Ushgarak
It is the practise of killing a family member on the idea that that person has dishonoured the family.

Generally these days this is manifested in females being killed by husbands, brothers, fathers, uncles or cousins for a myriad of perceived sins, from outright adultery to bearing children out of wedlock to, in some cases, being raped.

I suspect at some point it has been in the culture of most civilizations, but these days it is associated with certain Muslim communities.

Robtard

anyway in regards to the topic:

can someone actually explain to me what an "honor killing" is? i google'd it and got several different answers.

iirc, if your wife or daughter disobeys you in a manner that looks unfavorably upon your honuor (wife in unfaithful, daughter has sex outside if marriage), you can kill them to reclaim that lost honour.

Edit: or what the English person said.

Ms.Marvel
Ah- i understand.

i saw a movie about culture clashes that had an honor killing in it... it had harrison ford in it too.

Robtard
Ah- i understand.

i saw a movie about culture clashes that had an honor killing in it... it had harrison ford in it too.

Crossing Over? Was it any good?

Ms.Marvel
reminded me of a crappier version of crash.

i didnt watch the whole thing i was too busy arguing with people on here with my laptop.

harrison ford wasnt too bad though. he played his "im too old for this shit" part well.

IamPerfect
They deserved it.

Robtard
Originally posted by IamPerfect
They deserved it.

See, that's not even trying. You should permanently lose your sock licensing for that.

Symmetric Chaos
See, that's not even trying. You should permanently lose your sock licensing for that.

But he gets two gold stars for his knowledge of Randian philosophy.

Robtard
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
But he gets two gold stars for his knowledge of Randian philosophy.

With the way Rand is thrown about in here (and the college scene), he really doesn't.

Ushgarak
Blame Bioshock. But let's not pay attention to the trolls and instead go back to topic.

lil bitchiness
This NEVER would have happened in the Nazis had won, never.

Maybe it would have...maybe they would have allowed them to immigrate as they would have sympathised with their position on Armenian genocide...

Robtard
Maybe it would have...maybe they would have allowed them to immigrate as they would have sympathised with their position on Armenian genocide...

Na, they're still brown skinned and untermensch. They make great tasting candies though, those dirty Turks, truly a delight.

lil bitchiness
Na, they're still brown skinned and untermensch. They make great tasting candies though, those dirty Turks, truly a delight.

I see what you did there, funny.

But overall, I think you're right. Isn't it creepy to know that if Hitler won, we probably wouldn't be here.
Well don't know about you, since you're an Amero, but I probably wouldn't be here...

shiv

yeah its chewy too!

Robtard
I see what you did there, funny.

But overall, I think you're right. Isn't it creepy to know that if Hitler won, we probably wouldn't be here.
Well don't know about you, since you're an Amero, but I probably wouldn't be here...

I am South Amero, Spanish/Italian and I look Caucasoid, so I'd probably would be safe from Bardock42's people, if so.

Though I really couldn't see the Nazi's killing all they considered sub-human, just wouldn't work on a planetary scale.

Robtard
yeah its chewy too!

One of the delightful qualities.

lil bitchiness
I am South Amero, Spanish/Italian and I look Caucasoid, so I'd probably would be safe from Bardock42's people, if so.

Though I really couldn't see the Nazi's killing all they considered sub-human, just wouldn't work on a planetary scale.

I am a biggest Hispanofile and Spaniardphile...ever.

bogen
Im Irish and i know i wouldn't be here...Or i'd be speaking german.

shiv
Considering The enemy of your enemy is your friend Id be safe from Bardock's reign of tyranny

dadudemon
Robtard, this talk of what you are and look like just makes not knowing what you look like that much more maddening.

*Quickly looks about and over his shoulder with shifty bloodshot eyes*

freakin' ddm...
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f122/blaxican_templar/facepalm-1.jpg

I'd prefer you not troll me, especially considering you have me on ignore. (And why are you referring to me as "ddm"? Are you a sock?)

Reported.

Are there stories of non-Muslim father's killing his daughters, due to a disagreement? I'm sure there are. That makes me think about the point of this thread. Do I simply not know enough about honor kilings to see the significance of this story? Lil B posted up 12 killings in the UK, a year. Surely it's not that small. I've looked up information on it, and I couldn't even find the 12 killings number. You'd think that it would be much higher.

Ushgarak
I believe the BBC is the source of the '12 a year' thing.

And I did miss the 'freaking ddm' bit from you there, marvel. Best not to make comments like that.

Ms.Marvel
wont happen again.

sorry, ddm.

Kris Blaze
Australia is part of Europe now?

inimalist
I am not saying it's not a problem, it obviously is even if it only happened once in five years. I think it is exaggerated in speech though, for whatever reasons. If it is really 12 murders in a population of 60 million, then I think this problem (and it is one) gets way more airtime than some comparable or even worse problems.

Like I said, it is a problem and it should be fought against but I think that in the reporting of the issue it generalizes a very small part of the muslim population (I don't know how many there are in England but there are about 5 million turks in Germany alone) as the norm. You know what I mean?

no, I get you.

I think a better context for it, however, is to talk about the lives of immigrant women, who do face more obstacles than average women in becoming part of society.

They face financial dependence, lack of language skills, distrust of conventional institutions, on top of the culture that they bring with them. People from lower castes in India, who immigrate to Britain, often complain that the caste system is worse in the west, or at least, the rules and codes are more strictly enforced.

Sort of in the broader picture of immigrant rights and the plight of women in those communities, I think the honor killings become fairly relevant, but I hear you, they aren't even close to the biggest problem in a nation.

I suspect at some point it has been in the culture of most civilizations, but these days it is associated with certain Muslim communities.

From stuff I've seen, it is a common feature of most South Asian nations. Indians have huge issues with honor killings. Female infanticide and the murder of wives/daughters-in-law are major problems, and in some places would be at least as bad as any Muslim nation.

Blame Bioshock.

ugh, wasn't that disappointing?

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Kris Blaze

F*k are you doing here? Your not allowed up here, you belong in comic versus. no expression

Robtard

Didn't you get the memo?

Bicnarok

dadudemon
Originally posted by inimalist
From stuff I've seen, it is a common feature of most South Asian nations. Indians have huge issues with honor killings. Female infanticide and the murder of wives/daughters-in-law are major problems, and in some places would be at least as bad as any Muslim nation.

This is what I was getting at with Shiv, earlier. I don't have any data, but I think it is more prevalant in China, india, and Taiwan than it is in the UK. Still, I would like to see numbers on it.

inimalist
This is what I was getting at with Shiv, earlier. I don't have any data, but I think it is more prevalant in China, india, and Taiwan than it is in the UK. Still, I would like to see numbers on it.

oh no, not at all. It is still better in the West for women, and many immigrants leave to escape these things. I'm sure a lot of the reason why low caste people feel it is so invasive in their lives in the West is because they left India to be away from being a second class citizen, and they are now a second class citizen amongst second class citizens (immigrants).

As far as numbers go, I'd be astounded if it was more prevalent in the West. That being said, I care far more about a single injustice within the borders of my own nation than I do about attempting to impose or change cultural norms in other parts of the world. Its like when Canadians argue about our Afghanistan mission. "Oh, we are building schools for girls there", well shit, we have native reserves without schools all over our country... /sigh

Morgromir
it's really the girl's fault for not getting off their asses and reporting their father's behavior to the authorities prior to this incident.
wtf really mad ? does that make any sense? oh you got shot , TO BAD ITS YOUR FAULT ?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Morgromir
wtf really mad ? does that make any sense? oh you got shot , TO BAD ITS YOUR FAULT ?

Yes, it is that simple.

Think of it like health care and everything should fall into place.

Morgromir
you ppl are saying , they chose to get shot , because they didnt tell anyone their father was muslim ? thats the biggest load of crap ive heard in a long time .

~The Wickerman~
Originally posted by Morgromir
you ppl are saying , they chose to get shot , because they didnt tell anyone their father was muslim ?

No, I'm saying they didn't tell anyone their dad is insane. Not muslim. The simple fact that you assume that;s what we were saying makes me think you either didn't even read the posts at all, or that you have a learning disorder.

jinXed by JaNx

Isnt Europe an island?

Bardock42
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Isnt Europe an island? No.

Maybe you could argue that it is a huge peninsula, but it would be a stretch.

Shakyamunison

You are wrong. Someone who lives with an insane person can have a type of Stockholm Syndrome were they don't get help until it's too late.

Morgromir
No, I'm saying they didn't tell anyone their dad is insane. Not muslim. The simple fact that you assume that;s what we were saying makes me think you either didn't even read the posts at all, or that you have a learning disorder.
"muslim" was a typo, insane is kinda a word for it , but they saw no danger in it at the time ,so im just having trouble seeing why its their fault -.-

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.