Your pick for 3 characters you want to see more of and written better

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Juk3n
Characters that never seem to catch a good storyline break and are always written like Shite. Who's your top 3?

psycho gundam
just three? that makes it harder.

Alpha Centauri
Mr. Sinister.

Someone give the guy the story he deserves please.

-AC

dmills
Shang Chi The Master of Kung Fu, Prime and Atalon from the old Malibu/Ultraverse comics. I maintain that Atalon is the single most badassed villian ever created.

Creshosk
1.) Jubilee
2.) The X-men(as a team I'm not exactly happy with the direction things are going)
3.) Pending

Digi
The Doctor (currently MIA even in Authority, though last issue's cameo was encouraging)
Death's Head II
Kingpin

Fannish, yes, but I just went through my favorite character list and named the ones that are currently not doing anything.

WhoopeeDee
Doctor Thirteen
Detective Chimp (pure comedic gold)
Gentleman Ghost

The Nuul
Colossus
Mandarin
Majestic

-Pr-
to echo AC and Cresh, several x-men and sinister. messiah complex could have been sinister's big arc, but alas...

Galan007
firestorm.

Newjak
Marvel Ares, Juggernaut, and Colossus

Bouboumaster
Galactus/Silver Surfer/Stardust
Sentry
4 Fantastic

tjcoady
Can I say the entire Justice League?

But, for me:

Dr. Strange (Seriously, Bendis, having him not be Sorceror Supreme after just standing around for ten issues was your "big Dr. Strange storyline?"wink. Hopefully Mark Waid will fix this.
Wally West (we barely see him anymore)
Thor (nothing has happened in the entire JMS run)

Kris Blaze
Surfer needs his own comic.

Originally posted by tjcoady
Thor (nothing has happened in the entire JMS run)

Returned from the death, revived all of Asgard, killed his grandfather and got thrown out of Asgard.

Nothing happened? no expression

Alpha Centauri
Surfer is my joint favourite character of all time, maybe second.

I have all his main comics, but the fact is that it's actually ridiculous to write for him.

Unless someone truly revamps the man's character for once, he's gonna remain a very inaccessible character. Thus his series' will fail always.

He has been reduced to a guest star, which worked in Annihilation, but not really series'.

His last proposed on-going didn't work too well. In Thy Name wasn't great.

That said, get someone great to write him and I'll give it a shot again.

-AC

HueyFreeman
spawn
Magneto
Jason todd- in dire need of changes

Harbinger
Originally posted by Galan007
firestorm.

This.

I'd throw in Wally West as a personal pick.

Digi
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

I have all his main comics, but the fact is that it's actually ridiculous to write for him.

Unless someone truly revamps the man's character for once, he's gonna remain a very inaccessible character. Thus his series' will fail always.

He has been reduced to a guest star, which worked in Annihilation, but not really series'.

-AC

I honestly believe he'd flounder in his own series with the vast majority of writers out there. More appearances in other books and events couldn't hurt though.

Also, Alan Scott needs a better writer. Johns was great for JSA (great), but the heavy hitters suffered more than usual from "I'm on a team" syndrome. Usually writers at least try to rationalize away why the most powerful can't one-shot the problem. Johns just nerfed him into background-art blasts on random villains.

tjcoady
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Surfer needs his own comic.

Returned from the death, revived all of Asgard, killed his grandfather and got thrown out of Asgard.

Nothing happened? no expression

99% of the issues have featured most of the main characters just standing around. It's a comic book- show, don't tell.

I dunno. Some people seem to adore it, but the book just isn't doing it for me. I prefer a Thor more like, say, Simonson's run.

Philosophía
Spectre
Jason Todd
Magneto

starlock
Quasar/Wendal
Captain Comet
Shatterstar

Stoic
1 Lobo
2 Sentry
3 Thanos

jalek moye

-AC

I think he wors best in the occasional mini

-V-
Jesus.

I really thought he was badly written, not to mention they totally left his story hanging. Not to mention there's tons of potential storylines with this whole "second coming" and "antichrist" thing, definetly want to see more of him.

-Pr-
Originally posted by -V-
Jesus.

I really thought he was badly written, not to mention they totally left his story hanging. Not to mention there's tons of potential storylines with this whole "second coming" and "antichrist" thing, definetly want to see more of him.

even though the sarcasm makes lol, you haven't read battle pope, have you...

-V-
Originally posted by -Pr-
even though the sarcasm makes lol, you haven't read battle pope, have you...

I have actually. thumb up

I doubt they could ever pull "Battle Pope" off now, with a former member of the Hitler Youth in charge.

-Pr-
Originally posted by -V-
I have actually. thumb up

I doubt they could ever pull "Battle Pope" off now, with a former member of the Hitler Youth in charge.

laughing out loud coolness.

yeah, i know what you mean. i loved that comic...

King Kandy
Sentry (WTF, he is in the background and every time he shows up he sucks)
Silver Surfer
Dr. Strange

outavodka
Originally posted by King Kandy
Sentry (WTF, he is in the background and every time he shows up he sucks)
Silver Surfer
Dr. Strange i second this

Slaanesh
Sentry - i don't think he got that power of a million exploding sun..i doubt he even got one exploding sun with his showing

Wally - i don't like how they write him now..he need to punch Barry in the face and show him whose boss..

Ion(Sodam Yat) - he's suppose to be much more powerful than what is shown..

Scrooge McDuck
Originally posted by Juk3n
Characters that never seem to catch a good storyline break and are always written like Shite. Who's your top 3?

-pr- and Digi for a start, it's like retards write them... Only joking... or am I.

smile

-Pr-
Originally posted by Scrooge McDuck
-pr- and Digi for a start, it's like retards write them... Only joking... or am I.

smile

laughing out loud

Scrooge McDuck
laughing out loud
wink

PRAYERRUN
Silver Surfer needs a better direction than floating about the galaxy.

The Nuul
I agree, SS writing sucks and its been the same since he started.

The Nuul
I'd re-write the socks/trolls...they are so lame these days. We need a new kind of socks/trolls and not the old tired out lame ones.

willRules
Originally posted by -V-
Jesus.

Speaking as a charlie Church goer, it's better to be the ones wanting to see more of him, than those who don't stick out tongue

~The Wickerman~
laughing out loud coolness.

yeah, i know what you mean. i loved that comic...

Read Brit, the three one-issue comics that Kirkman wrote, and then there's a 12 issue Brit series written by Bruce Brown (under Kirkman's guidance). It's awesomesauce.

Juntai
Dr Fate.
Spectre.
Firestorm.

The Pict
Originally posted by Creshosk

2.) The X-men(as a team I'm not exactly happy with the direction things are going)

You and me both.

1) Kitty Pryde (though that might be a bit difficult right now)
2) Juggernaut
3) Charles Xavier. Since Astonishing X-Men the character has went downhill IMO. He doesn't seem to have a purposes anymore, and control/training/guidance of the all X-Men teams has long since slipped away from him.

Badabing
Sentry - Basically what everyone else about the character.

X-Men - The entire series has been off the past few years. I only read the book sporadicly.

Namor - Please, for the love of God, give him a monthly.

Runner up: Joker - Would like to see more of him.

occultdestroyer
Spectre
Phantom Stranger
Rhino

Warlord
Sentry needs some attention from Disney-Marvel for sure

Darth Macabre
Mesmero, Shadow King, and the return of New Sun.

psycho gundam
surprised nobody mentioned the hulk fiasco.

the recent bruce banner issue was pretty sick though, bot sure if all the tripe that lead up to it was worth it though.

PRAYERRUN
Robocop needs something. Don't turn him into another Ironman, but make him less bulky and give him a really fast car.

tjcoady
Originally posted by psycho gundam
surprised nobody mentioned the hulk fiasco.

the recent bruce banner issue was pretty sick though, bot sure if all the tripe that lead up to it was worth it though.

Yeah, if we get more stories of BRUCE BANNER: ACTION SCIENTIST! I'd be cool.

But all this Red Hulk "mystery" is just getting annoying and heavy handed.

jrodslam
Originally posted by PRAYERRUN
Robocop needs something. Don't turn him into another Ironman, but make him less bulky and give him a really fast car.

This. Robo needs some love for sure.

Strong Guy - Most underused powerhouse out of all x-men.
Iceman
Namor

Zatanna.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Badabing

Namor - Please, for the love of God, give him a monthly.

I know he's had monthlies in the past can't see why another can't be done.

-V-
You know who I want to see more of? Deadpool.

It's not like Marvel's been whoring his unfunny arse out lately.

But seriously, I wouldn't mind seeing more of him if he was better written. I actually used to enjoy the character earlier on in his existence, now I just find him annoying.

Endless Mike
Martian Manhunter (although he's dead now)
Firelord
Doctor Strange

tjcoady
Originally posted by Kazenji
I know he's had monthlies in the past can't see why another can't be done.

They sold miserably. Marvel kept it afloat despite horrifically bad sales because it was a "legacy" character, until they just cut their loses.

A lot like what happened to Doc Strange.

tjcoady
Originally posted by jrodslam
This. Robo needs some love for sure.

Strong Guy - Most underused powerhouse out of all x-men.
Iceman
Namor

Zatanna.

Strong Guy is a main character in a current ongoing...

Kris Blaze
I'm not sure if Namor deserves a monthly.

The older Namor comics aren't -that- great...

kevdude
Galactus
Swamp Thing want to see more or another book.
And more of Captain Marvel

geshien
Just one...

Venom.

So much wasted potential, if you ask me.

TheOneFirestorm
Original Sonar Have him get revamped. Give him a new better looking costume, better more malignant weapon, and a stronger motivation.

Shocker Get rid of the crappy costume, give him a upgrade, and have him be a enforcer, or have some top posotion working for the Hood.

Mysterio He's the master of Illusion Don't limit that to just Spider Man. He could easily bedevil many people through his illusions. He studies his targets, projects one of their strong desires on regular people. That would make him very dangerous because I could see some people questioning after being victimized is this a illusion, or is it real. Or someone commits suicide.

Hobgoblin He's struggled from trying to not being a rip off the Green Goblin. With the right writer he could be as much of a minacious grim miscreant as Green Goblin. So much potential to be a bigger super villain in the Spider Man, and Marvel Universe.

jrodslam
Originally posted by tjcoady
Strong Guy is a main character in a current ongoing...

Hes more of a support character whos there for comedy relief. Layla Miller gets waaaay more page time than he does. He may as well join the New Mutants ongoing. Its where he started and id bet the farm hed get used much more there.

Knowsbleed33
Juggernaut - I'd like to see him more, but I don't think he's written poorly most of the time.

Adam Warlock.

Black Adam.

Juk3n
Taskmaster needs MOAR!! panel time.

Apocalypse written by someone who readS comics and knows his powerset.

MOAR!! Shen Kuei.

Kris Blaze
He doesn't have to be written better, but I would really like to see more of Mister Negative.

TheOneFirestorm
Blackheart Give the Son of Satan more exposure. Also don't have him being written crappy. Losing to Daredevil that's awful writting on the same level of Wolverine beating Lobo.

Shriek Give her more exposure, and write her as something minacious that isn't the girlfriend of Carnage.

The Mad Hatter Gail Simone manage to write him excellent to his full potential in the Secret Six. Other writers need to give him more exposure, and do the same.

srankmissingnin
Shang-Chi
Elektra
The Shiverman

Battlehammer
More Dum Dum Dugan

basilisk
Quasar (Wendell) - some good stuff a while back, along with some bad stuff too, but in recent years was pushed into the background and kind of ruined.

Dr. Doom - in recent years he really doesn't seem very badass, and some of his more noble characteristics have gone. His latest thing with the MoD is interesting - I wonder where it will lead.

Dr. Strange - doesn't seem to have had anything good for years and years.

Some others of interest:

Silver Surfer - doesn't seem to quite get there anymore. A few good appearances here and there, but not enough.

Namor - not a huge fan, but I think he could be done better and more consistently.

Sentry - don't particularly like him, but after all the hype he is just so crap. The recent showing where he shows up for a fight, gets immediately depowered and falls uselessly on his head pretty much sums him up.

Black Panther, Wolverine, Deadpool - not more, but written better.

tjcoady
Originally posted by basilisk
Quasar (Wendell) - some good stuff a while back, along with some bad stuff too, but in recent years was pushed into the background and kind of ruined.

Dr. Doom - in recent years he really doesn't seem very badass, and some of his more noble characteristics have gone. His latest thing with the MoD is interesting - I wonder where it will lead.

Dr. Strange - doesn't seem to have had anything good for years and years.

Some others of interest:

Silver Surfer - doesn't seem to quite get there anymore. A few good appearances here and there, but not enough.

Namor - not a huge fan, but I think he could be done better and more consistently.

Sentry - don't particularly like him, but after all the hype he is just so crap. The recent showing where he shows up for a fight, gets immediately depowered and falls uselessly on his head pretty much sums him up.

Black Panther, Wolverine, Deadpool - not more, but written better.

We're getting a Mark Waid written Dr. Strange mini... so yeah, that should be kind of awesome.

Longinus
This topic is custom made for the Sentry, Robert deserves this the most of anyone currently in comicdom.

Hyperion and Martian Manhunter all deserve some much needed attention. X-Man, Magneto and Apocalypse are honorable mention

Kazenji
Originally posted by -V-
You know who I want to see more of? Deadpool.

It's not like Marvel's been whoring his unfunny arse out lately.

But seriously, I wouldn't mind seeing more of him if he was better written. I actually used to enjoy the character earlier on in his existence, now I just find him annoying.

Well people did want to see more of him and hey they got it but for some odd reason its a little too much for some people.

Originally posted by TheOneFirestorm
Blackheart Give the Son of Satan more exposure. Also don't have him being written crappy. Losing to Daredevil that's awful writting on the same level of Wolverine beating Lobo.

Even Punisher has beat him in a fight......

Eternal Idol
Galactus
Mr. Sinister
Juggernaut

Alpha Centauri
The more I think, the more I really want Sinister to have a pivotal story.

-AC

-Pr-
The more I think, the more I really want Sinister to have a pivotal story.

-AC

definitely. it should have been messiah complex, but they went and ballsed that up.

Kris Blaze
Wonder Woman and Dr.Light should have a story together.

Konton
Zatanna
Starfire
Ms. Marvel

Naija boy
-Sentry obviously. He really deserves this more than anyone.

-Silver Surfer. Needs to get his own series back with a useful writer. I like how he was portrayed in the Nova series and it would be interesting having a monthly in which he was pemanently in such a state of mind.

-Dr strange. Im hugely pissed about this whole depowering thing though he had been quite crappy even before that. We need to get back to the days of Sorcerer supreme vol 3. I loved that series

-Quasar. need to see alot more of him especially now with this energy form thing going on.

-For DC itd probably be Alan Scott for me. I liked him alot in his JSA apperances

noona1
Quicksilver
The Scarlet witch
LUNA MAXIMOFF

chomperx9
i want to see more apperances of characters im intrested in and want to know more about

like random. all i know is that he can make weapons out of his arms he looks like an intresting character and everything. i got his info from my comic cards but have not seen him in any books.

TheOneFirestorm
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Wonder Woman and Dr.Light should have a story together.

One where Dr.Light rapes someone connected closely to Wonder Woman.

Purple Man He needs to be written as superbly as he was in the 90s X Men series where he was mind controling young mutants, and trying to take over the government.

Mad Hatter He nees to have his own big killing joke story. Something to prove he's a minacious devil, and not the pushover fool that writers won't respect.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.