Campy Batman vs. Dark Batman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

spidermanrocks
Do you prefer a dark Batman (like in TDK and in Batman: TAS) or do you prefer the campy-friendly Batman (like in the sixties comics and also in Batman: Brave & Bold series)?

BruceSkywalker
Dark Batman

Quincy
Seriously?

Bouboumaster
If they were fighting, the Campy Batman would smoke Dark Batman. But I prefer Dark Batman

Bouboumaster
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLZQ3OLEJWE

WhoopeeDee
I like Batman as a whole....well, except for that god-awful The Batman Cartoon.

Micheal_Myers
I prefer Dark Batman, but Campy Batman rules too.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Quincy
Seriously?

very much so.. It is how he is meant to be..

Originally posted by WhoopeeDee
I like Batman as a whole....well, except for that god-awful The Batman Cartoon.

WD take that back about the Batman cartoon stick out tongue

Bat Dude
Either way is fine. I prefer a darker Batman, but campy Batman is ok, as well...

Badabing
Adam West is godlike in his Batman-ess.

PRAYERRUN
Honestly, I love the Dark Batman. Campy Batman was ok too, though.

Davis Bloome
I hate when Batman is made into a campy character. Give me a dark & brooding Batman over a campy Batman any day of the week. Btw, I love Adam West but his take on Batman absolutely sucked.

lord xyz
Dark or campy?

It's Batman. Not Babboonman.

~The Wickerman~
Dark Batman every single time.

Ms.Marvel
campy batman is much more enjoyable for me. dark batman just seems like a *****. likes hes the only person to lose his parents. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
campy batman is much more enjoyable for me. dark batman just seems like a *****. likes hes the only person to lose his parents. roll eyes (sarcastic)
Yeah, but not many others actually have their parents murdered right in front of them at the age of 8.

Mr. Rhythmic
Campy.

Ms.Marvel
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Yeah, but not many others actually have their parents murdered right in front of them at the age of 8.

yeah, many of them have had it much much worse.

Ridley_Prime
Obviously. What's your point though?

batdude123
Originally posted by Badabing
Adam West is godlike in his Batman-ess.

Truth

Kris Blaze
Christian Bale Batman was dark?

I thought he was angry and hoarse.

Darth Jello
Well wasn't the Joel Schumacher Batman a third Batman that Kevin Smith refers to as "gay batman"?

Kazenji
Dark Batman mainly because thats the batman i like from the animated series and from some of the comics i've read.

Darth Jello
I don't want to paraphrase Smodcast too much, but consider this. DC is a business and they know what people like and what pays. You will always have a Dark Batman cause that's what the adults and base like. You will always have a campy Batman cause that's what the kids like and how most kids get introduced to Batman in the first place. But Gay Batman...No one liked gay batman so you gotta at least appreciate those horrible movies in the sense that, how often do you really see gay batman anymore?

Wanderer11
Dark Batman

Earthlover
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime

i fell sorry for batman and those kids...it's no laughing matter sad

Dr Will Hatch
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Christian Bale Batman was dark?

I thought he was angry and hoarse. Dark doesn't necessarily equal sociopathic. Frank Miller's Batman isn't the character at all. I thought Bale did fine, the only problem is that the writers didn't make him as intelligent as he is in the comics.

BUSTER1
Campy Adam West Batman once got overpowered in a bar. Dark Batman would've taken that gang apart. I go for Dark BM, even though Adam West version was the 1st one I saw.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.