Galen Marek vs. Count Dooku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Anakin4Ever
At first, I did Darth Stalker vs. Count Dooku, but we haven't seen Stalker in much action, yet. So, I will do his Jedi counterpart. Who will win?

1. Saber
2. Force
3. All Out

Here is my prediction.

1. Galen, using his full skill
2. Galen, eventually
3. Galen, again

Marek charges at Dooku, and Dooku retaliates with a saber swing. Marek blocks it, and the fight rages on. Dooku's Makashi initially throws Marek off, but he regains his ground. Galen begins to push the count back with his Juyo. He generates too much kinetic energy for the Sith Lord to handle and eventually breaks his lightsaber. Then he finished the duel with a Force attack, like he always does. What do you guys think?

truejedi
where do you see Marek ever win a saber battle without using the force to aid him?

Answer: He never did.

Dooku being a fencer, a style specialized against other sabers, gives him much more cred as a saber duelist.

I agree with the force.

All out: As much as i want to say Dooku (i despise marek) i must go with marek, as he overwhelms dooku with force attacks.

Anakin4Ever
Originally posted by truejedi
where do you see Marek ever win a saber battle without using the force to aid him?

Dooku being a fencer, a style specialized against other sabers, gives him much more cred as a saber duelist.

Hey, that's not...okay that is true. But Marek isn't too shabby with the saber skills if you ask me. He beat Vader in a one-on-one saber match. Then he defeated him with the Force. But that was after he beat him in a lightsaber duel.

truejedi
not true, Marek used the force in the original fight with Vader as well.

SuperLuigi
1. Dooku
2. Dooku
3. obviously Dooku

Darth_Glentract
I think it's close, but only because Marek is some unheard of superpowerful charater the authors pulled out of their asses. Along the line of the Hidden One and Kar Vastor. And Nyax.

truejedi
Nyax was the dude that used the Jedi Temple's nexus to become super-overpowered, right?

Red Nemesis
he had lightsabers on his elbows

truejedi
yep, i thought that was him.

That kinda destroys the whole "The jedi had an advantage over anakin in the jedi temple cause it is a light-side nexus" thing tho, since Nyax used the exact same source for the dark-side.

Darth_Glentract
yeah...gay

Wolverine2179
Yeah and now there is possibly another character thats vastly superior to both luke and sidious....

Abeloth...

Darth_Glentract
Oh yeah. WTF. This is worse than Kevin Andersons creation of four new superweapons for every book he wrote.

Gideon
Wolverine2179
Yeah and now there is possibly another character thats vastly superior to both luke and sidious....

Abeloth...

With the implication being that Abeloth is an ancient, supernatural entity that transcends humanity. More to the point, she isn't manifesting her powers through Force Storms or hacking through armies or causing interstellar disasters.

So I'm really not sure what your point is. It's not that big of a deal.

Darth_Glentract
Yeah, but come on. This whole thing seems more than a little bit ridiculous. We already had Zonoma Sekot and Star Wars is better off without "Q."

Gideon
Darth_Glentract
Yeah, but come on. This whole thing seems more than a little bit ridiculous. We already had Zonoma Sekot and Star Wars is better off without "Q."

No, I don't see the problem at all. Sekot was more or less a deus ex machina, a living planet with no manifestations of the Force outside of illusion-based avatars. There was a hint that Luke feared bringing it into the war out of the possibility that it could be corrupted, but Sekot's power was more or less that it was a planet. Numerous Force users have demonstrated the capacity for planetary-level destruction, so there's nothing to insinuate that Sekot is anything other than a rival of Luke or Sidious, based on sheer size alone.

Abeloth, on the other hand, isn't a deus ex machina or some useless plot device, but appears to be a multi-faceted, mysterious persona who has far more gravitas than Sekot.

It's rather like asserting that Magneto and Charles Xavier should be on par or superior to the One Above All or a Celestial or some other god-like entity.

Luke and Sidious are among the very best Force-users. But at the end of the day, they're only human.

You should just be thankful that, by all indications, Abeloth just isn't some random Force flunky from a backwater world. I'd have a problem with that. But a malevolent entity? No.

Edit: Just my opinion, anyway.

chilled monkey
not true, Marek used the force in the original fight with Vader as well.

And so did Vader.

Doesn't change the fact that Galen beat him in a sword fight.

Heck, Vader had two near misses. Galen slashed Vader's throat, slashed his shoulder (scoring a deep wound) and stabbed him in the thigh. I'd say that clearly shows who's the better swordsman.

As for this duel-

1. Saber- Galen
2. Force- Galen
3. All Out- Galen

Correct answer. He beat Kota in a sabre battle without using the Force.

More precisely, he was beating Kota in a sabre battle without using the Force. He did use it towards the end, but not because he had to.

Wolverine2179
And? I thought the game cutscenes itself retcon the novel(various contradictions between the two) seeing that the game is the flagship for the TFU project?

The cut scenes doesn't show marek "slicing vaders throat" nor does it show he actually beat vader in a strict saber duel until vader got back up after being collapsed on by 3 massive pillars.

Darth Truculent
How many times do I have to write this - Galen Marek was never a Sith Lord so quit using Darth Starkiller! Might as well say Darth Mara Jade.

DUOLCOLLOPA
Originally posted by Gideon
It's rather like asserting that Magneto and Charles Xavier should be on par or superior to the One Above All or a Celestial or some other god-like entity.

Oh I see what you did there. laughing out loud

You play a deceptive game young Gideon.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Wolverine2179
And? I thought the game cutscenes itself retcon the novel(various contradictions between the two) seeing that the game is the flagship for the TFU project?

The cut scenes doesn't show marek "slicing vaders throat" nor does it show he actually beat vader in a strict saber duel until vader got back up after being collapsed on by 3 massive pillars.

Speak for yourself. I consider the novel to be canon.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.