Fox is Rebooting Fantastic Four

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
http://www.superherohype.com/news/fantasticfournews.php?id=8647

-Pr-
cool.

Kazenji
Indeed if Michael Green is writing.

starlock
I loved the first 2 FF movies.......yeah it had its downside as well as good...but i found the overall films to be very good..i hope they keep the same cast, i think it worked well.

steverules_2
If we get galactus and Doom, I hope they look better than last time

Bouboumaster
The actors were ok, but damn, they have to do something with Richards and Doom.

Richards was there almost like a cameo and Doom... What was that origin story!?

WhoopeeDee
There are two ways to reboot...

One way is the Batman Reboot.

The other way is the Punisher Reboot.

So...which one will they go with? (mind you Punisher is been rebooted enough times)

Kris Blaze
Thank god.

****ing awful movies.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by WhoopeeDee
There are two ways to reboot...

The other way is the Punisher Reboot.

What's the problem with the Punisher Reboot?

SnakeEyes
I'm weary about Fox, but whatever, the first two FF films sucked a lot, so I'll give another a shot.

BruceSkywalker
They better make these movies hard R then big grin stick out tongue because that is the only way i will them... I guess Donald Duck will guest star as well laughing laughing laughing

Breaking News: Miley Cyrus has just been casted as Sue Storm laughing laughing laughing

The Nuul
Two was horrid, the first one was fun and not that bad.

Darth Jello
I think the whole concept is too campy to make a good movie unless they radically retooled the entire concept. Maybe if it was made in a sci-fi mold with the skrulls being the villains and holding off on Doom till later? What if Nicolas Meyer directed?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Darth Jello
I think the whole concept is too campy to make a good movie unless they radically retooled the entire concept. Maybe if it was made in a sci-fi mold with the skrulls being the villains and holding off on Doom till later? What if Nicolas Meyer directed?

interesting idea

jinXed by JaNx
I thought the first movie came very close to delivering a great Fantastic Four movie. I'm glad to hear the news of a reboot but i'm kind of saddened because i thought they had the perfect cast for the F4 team. Those actors had great chemistry.

Darth Jello
Well when you've got premises that's difficult to translate to the screen, you really need a good cast and not having that along with horrible direction, writing and set design and cinematography killed the last two movies.

Keep Michael Chiklis but replace everyone else with good actors. I don't like sitting in the theater wanting to shoot the human torch every time he opens his mouth. Cut the special effects budget and use it to hire F. Murray Abraham to play Doom and other good actors. Oh, and definitely don't make the predominant color in the movies blue. I felt like both the movies had this kind of radiating blue glow because of the cinematography and design which when combined with everything else that was bad about made an experience akin to being punched between the eyes in slow motion over the course of an hour and a half.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Well when you've got premises that's difficult to translate to the screen, you really need a good cast and not having that along with horrible direction, writing and set design and cinematography killed the last two movies.

Keep Michael Chiklis but replace everyone else with good actors. I don't like sitting in the theater wanting to shoot the human torch every time he opens his mouth. Cut the special effects budget and use it to hire F. Murray Abraham to play Doom and other good actors. Oh, and definitely don't make the predominant color in the movies blue. I felt like both the movies had this kind of radiating blue glow because of the cinematography and design which when combined with everything else that was bad about made an experience akin to being punched between the eyes in slow motion over the course of an hour and a half.

lmao you do realize that we're talking about a Marvel comic book, right? Marvel isn't exactly known for mature content. considering the actual origins and comic book history. The original Fantastic Four movie did an INCREDIBLE job. You people just expect to much. I mean really. Yeah, i go to see a fantastic four movie for the story..., laughing laughing out loud laughing If you say that you disliked fantastic four becuase the writing was sub-par you must be a cynic.

Mr. Rhythmic
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
lmao you do realize that we're talking about a Marvel comic book, right? Marvel isn't exactly known for mature content. considering the actual origins and comic book history. The original Fantastic Four movie did an INCREDIBLE job. You people just expect to much. I mean really. Yeah, i go to see a fantastic four movie for the story..., laughing laughing out loud laughing If you say that you disliked fantastic four becuase the writing was sub-par you must be a cynic.

I didn't like the first FF movie because it sucked. Period. Horrible cast, horrible changes from the comic, horrible dialogue, horrible everything.

He didn't even talk about the tone, either. He was referring to the color.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx

I don't mean to sound rude, but that entire statement is bullshit. Saying that fans "expect too much" is simply allowing these companies to produce bad movies. Fans shouldn't have to bow and accept the garbage that comes out because the source material is supposedly inherently campy or immature.

After the critical slamming Batman & Robin got, Schumacher said something along the lines of "It's Batman; people can't expect a mature movie" in an interview. Guess he must be damned embarrassed now that Dark Knight came out and blew people away.

Given the right writer, a mature, well-made Fantastic Four movie--with, ya' know, a good story--can be made, and fans won't have to submit to substandard trash and the attitude that a truly good movie can't be made because of some inherent restrictions of the source material.

Mr. Rhythmic
The Fantastic Four is a series that is insane right off the bat. With Spider-Man, even in the world he lived in in the comics, they still had to slowly evolve the fiction around him. A few cameos were ok, a few misleading stories here and there(Spider-Man fighting the Terrible Tinkerer), but the elements didn't get nuts until at least the 70s, so slowly making the villains more unbelievable in the movies was a good idea.

The Fantastic Four, though, is a completely different story. We're talking about a comic that thrived on being nutty. The first film made them too much of superheroes and not enough like explorers or adventurers. This time around you start off with either the Moleman, Terminus, the Skrulls, or Dragon Man.

Then as you set up a mythos, introduce Dr. Doom, the Skrulls, the Inhumans(using the Dragon Man/Maximus story arc), Galactus, Darkoth, Blastaar, and Annihilus.

The Nuul
Originally posted by H. S. 6
I don't mean to sound rude, but that entire statement is bullshit. Saying that fans "expect too much" is simply allowing these companies to produce bad movies. Fans shouldn't have to bow and accept the garbage that comes out because the source material is supposedly inherently campy or immature.

After the critical slamming Batman & Robin got, Schumacher said something along the lines of "It's Batman; people can't expect a mature movie" in an interview. Guess he must be damned embarrassed now that Dark Knight came out and blew people away.

Given the right writer, a mature, well-made Fantastic Four movie--with, ya' know, a good story--can be made, and fans won't have to submit to substandard trash and the attitude that a truly good movie can't be made because of some inherent restrictions of the source material.

But Batman is a serious story and Schumacher made it goofy thats the major reason why it flopped. FF is a light hearted story and not serious. So the tone of the film is perfect.

Kazenji
It needs to be almost like The Incredibles plenty of Fun and good action and a decent story.

Knowsbleed33
Can't say this surprises me. The first 2 were absolutely terrible. Jessica Alba can't act for shit, Thing as a character annoyed the shit out of me. The only one that played his character well was the guy who played the Human Torch.

It makes more sense to reboot these than it did to reboot Hulk IMO. Let's hope the trend continues and they reboot that shit heap called Ghost Rider.

Darth Jello
Is it too much to ask to make a Fantastic Four movie where you don't want every character on the screen to die horribly in the course of it?

Mindship
I thought the two FF movies weren't bad, especially the character chemistry (and also, by the second movie, I got used to Alba).

Reboot Doom (someone with a comically less prominant forehead). Reboot the Surfer (he should be bulkier, more like Kirby's Surfer, and definitely not bowl-legged).

Galactus...? No full shots yet. And yeah, I'd love to see Dragon Man.

darthmaul1
It comes down to a matter of opinion. i for one enjoyed both fantastic 4 movies, the cast was great and the stories were good. Not every comic book movie can be like the dark knight or even iron man to a lesser extent. but to reboot it already?? I can see doing that with the hulk cause the first one sucked and the 2nd one was great. and the punisher i thought thomas jane was the best, but they had to try and boot it again. At least they haven't got a hold of the x-men movies to reboot those. cause all 4 were great. Comic book fans are a funny bunch, some will love it. and the others that are still living in their parents basement will probably hate it. I have high hopes that Captain America won't be a douche in a motorcycle helmet, and they did a good job of introducing that in the incredible hulk reboot.

Kazenji
http://www.comicvine.com/news/fantastic-four-movie-rumors-the-thing-director/141979/

Interested in getting Bruce Willis, Kiefer Sutherland's for The Thing??

Stephen Moyer from True Blood was being considered for Doctor Doom

According to the same source, there are three directors that could direct this film. The three possible directors are Joe Carnahan (The A-Team, Smokin' Aces), David Yates (a few Harry Potter films) and James McTeigue (V for Vendetta and Ninja Assassin).

thank god they're only rumours.

roughrider
What is the purpose behind all this? How are they going to do the films differently this time? Only if the project reverts back to Marvel Studios, do I think they will get it right.

Sith Master X
Hollywood and their reboots...

That's the thing these days. If you drop the bomb on a few movies, everyone says "Hey, here's an idea....let's just redo it."

Ugh. sad

Kazenji
Originally posted by Sith Master X
Hollywood and their reboots...

That's the thing these days. If you drop the bomb on a few movies, everyone says "Hey, here's an idea....let's just redo it."

Ugh. sad

Well they already messed up the first two movies regardless of how much money they made.

Stall_19
Originally posted by Kazenji

Stephen Moyer from True Blood was being considered for Doctor Doom

You know, that's would be an excellent choice. I never thought of him before but now that I think about it I could totally see that working out.

roughrider
The films did well financially, but I think Marvel was stung by the negative reviews and why the films weren't bigger - they sat far below the Spider Man, X-Men & Iron Man series for popular acceptance. They probably feel they should be just as important.

And I'll give them this: the tone is the hardest to balance for FF. X-Men, it's easy to be dark & serious. Spider Man owes as much to any coming of age type story. Iron Man is set more in the real world than anything outside of the new Batman films. FF partly is founded in the old cheesiness of comics where anything can happen, adventures can be absurd, plus it's partly a family comedy. The Incredibles succeeded brilliantly in this, but were helped by the fact animation lends itself to exaggeration in the minds of audiences. Look at how a concept like that has played in live action otherwise: Sky High? Zoom? Hasn't succeeded with audiences.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.