Captain Planet vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

gobstakid777
Captain Planet
Vs
Superman

Kazenji
There was Captain Planet comics ?

Eternal Idol
Superman tosses an aluminum can into a garbage bin and pours motor oil into his storm drain.

Superman ftw.

gobstakid777
Originally posted by Kazenji
There was Captain Planet comics ?
yea

Bouboumaster
Lol. Captain Planet would be like... a RED BULL to Galactus

shiv
Captain Planet via sundip.

Bouboumaster
Captain Planet have a mullet. He loose.

batdude123
Originally posted by shiv
Captain Planet via sundip.

Originally posted by Bouboumaster

http://www.321chan.org/uploads/data/Lil_Jon_Dave_Chappelle_L_461c9a590dec5_ib4f.jpg

gobstakid777
Originally posted by batdude123
http://www.321chan.org/uploads/data/Lil_Jon_Dave_Chappelle_L_461c9a590dec5_ib4f.jpg

laughing

Bouboumaster
http://www.demotivateus.com/posters/mullet-is-special-demotivational-poster.jpg

Master Court
Originally posted by Bouboumaster

Don't you get it? The mullet is the very reason he wins.

Tattoos N Scars
In all seriousness though, wouldn't Supes wreck Captian Planet in a fight?

Master Court
Depends. Can't Captain Planet transmute stuff? If yes, the real question is can he make Kryptonite, seeing as how it's from another planet.

If Cap can't do that, Supes wins. Cap = Earth. Supes > Earth. It'd be a typical Superman vs other Superguy fight where the other guy gets in maybe even quite a few good hits, but Superman would never really be in trouble.

Master Court
To further this point; In "Public Enemies" Hawkman slugs Superman with an attack of which Hawkman says to Superman "Basically, I just hit you with the Earth". Next Superman scene, Supes is dressed as Hawkman. If they didn't reach an agreement, then Supes must've f'd him up.

gobstakid777
Superman slaps Captain Planet in the face.

Cap's head is later discovered in the rubble of a demolished building in Britain.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
In all seriousness though, wouldn't Supes wreck Captian Planet in a fight?

Not really no.

First Cap P's strength is comparable to Supes. Cap once threw a nuclear power station into the sun. Another time he sent a spaceship flying into space by hitting it with a log.

Plus his durability is even better. Supes is amazingly resiliant but he can be harmed by physical/energy attacks of sufficient strength. Cap can't be hurt by anything except pollution and he's very resistant to that. You need concentrated toxic chemicals, massive levels of radiation etc to harm him. One time he was blasted by Duke Nukem's radiation bolts, sprayed with toxic waste and dumped into a lakeful of the stuff. As soon as he was pulled out and the chemicals washed off he bounced right back.

Say Supes punches Cap. He'll go flying backwards, but he won't be hurt. Cap punches Supes, he'll feel it.

Plus he can transmute and control the elements. Basically Supes is up against a combination of himself, Metamorpho and Storm.

Don't get me wrong, I like Superman. But this isn't going to be easy for him.

Depends. Can't Captain Planet transmute stuff?

Yes.

Originally posted by Master Court
If yes, the real question is can he make Kryptonite, seeing as how it's from another planet.

No, since A) It's not from Earth and B) it's a pollutant.

gobstakid777
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Not really no.

First Cap P's strength is comparable to Supes. Cap once threw a nuclear power station into the sun. Another time he sent a spaceship flying into space by hitting it with a log.

Plus his durability is even better. Supes is amazingly resiliant but he can be harmed by physical/energy attacks of sufficient strength. Cap can't be hurt by anything except pollution and he's very resistant to that. You need concentrated toxic chemicals, massive levels of radiation etc to harm him. One time he was blasted by Duke Nukem's radiation bolts, sprayed with toxic waste and dumped into a lakeful of the stuff. As soon as he was pulled out and the chemicals washed off he bounced right back.

Say Supes punches Cap. He'll go flying backwards, but he won't be hurt. Cap punches Supes, he'll feel it.

Plus he can transmute and control the elements. Basically Supes is up against a combination of himself, Metamorpho and Storm.

http://theregulator.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/dumbass.jpg

Master Court
Did you know cow farts are a major cause of ozone tearing? If Superman gets his hands on a cow; Captain Planet better look the f**k out.

gobstakid777
Did you know cow farts are a major cause of ozone tearing? If Superman gets his hands on a cow; Captain Planet better look the f**k out.
couldn't supes own him with a piece of litter
tossed dunkin donuts coffee cup ftw

chilled monkey
Originally posted by gobstakid777
couldn't supes own him with a piece of litter
tossed dunkin donuts coffee cup ftw

Nope. Like I said:

"You need concentrated toxic chemicals, massive levels of radiation etc to harm him. One time he was blasted by Duke Nukem's radiation bolts, sprayed with toxic waste and dumped into a lakeful of the stuff. As soon as he was pulled out and the chemicals washed off he bounced right back."

A piece of litter won't do zip.

chilled monkey
http://theregulator.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/dumbass.jpg

How sad. You know I'm right and you can't come up with an arguement so you resort to name-calling. It's okay, you aren't the first.

gobstakid777
Not really no.

First Cap P's strength is comparable to Supes. Cap once threw a nuclear power station into the sun. Another time he sent a spaceship flying into space by hitting it with a log. alright that's good there

exactly, he had to be pulled out and sprayed with water.supes is bloodlusted.he'll have killed that planeteers, so now how's planet gonna get out that waste.oh he can't.he LOSES

Don't get me wrong, I like Superman. But this isn't going to be easy for him. but he's still gonna win

Yes.

No, since A) It's not from Earth and B) it's a pollutant.

chilled monkey
exactly, he had to be pulled out and sprayed with water.supes is bloodlusted.he'll have killed that planeteers, so now how's planet gonna get out that waste.oh he can't.he LOSES

Um, you do realise that lakes of toxic waste aren't something you just find lying around? And Supes doesn't carry around barrels of hazardous chemicals on him?

Planet won't need to "get out that waste" because he won't be in it.

gobstakid777
Um, you do realise that lakes of toxic waste aren't something you just find lying around? And Supes doesn't carry around barrels of hazardous chemicals on him?

Planet won't need to "get out that waste" because he won't be in it.

supes can just lure him there

gobstakid777
I'm gobstakidz little brother i made it, but the real gobstakid my older brother is making the arguing and comments.
I also made who is the best lantern

chilled monkey
supes can just lure him there

Small problem. It doesn't exist anymore since Cap cleaned it up.

gobstakid777
Small problem. It doesn't exist anymore since Cap cleaned it up. laughing laughing out loud laughing

h1a8
Supe can get a large canister of toxic waste faster than a milisecond.
Remember he's really fast.

With that said, I've seen episodes where Cap got weak to a mere garbage dump.

gobstakid777
Originally posted by h1a8
Remember he's faster than light.

With that said, I've seen episodes where Cap got weak to a mere garbage dump. laughing laughing Happy Dance

Master Court
Alright. Supes holds him down in a smoke stack and chokes the life out of him.

Another thing people are forgetting here; Captain Planet's powers would do jacksh*t to Superman. Earth? Superman KO's Earth. Water? Water... Wind? Superman sneezed away a galaxy before. I think that trumps whatever hurricane Captain Planet can muster. Fire? Supes sundips and has a tequila sunrise to relax. Fire's no biggie. Heart? What's he gonna do? Sick a pack of armadillos on Superman, or try assault him telepathically? Better psychics have failed. Captain Planet might be a physical match for Superman, and true enough Supes powers might not work on Captain Planet either, but only one of them has a readily exploitable weakness, considering you'd have to scour the Earth for a single fragment of Kryptonite. This whole damn planet is a waste dump. Supes lures Cap over LA, and Cap's ripe for the KO.

This is if you're lookin for a real debate. But in reality, Captain Planet vs Superman? I mean... come on.

It's like... come on.

Sin I AM
im rooting for caps

manx422
Superman

Sin I AM
Originally posted by manx422
Superman

i wish u'd get a new sig big grin

chilled monkey
Remember he's really fast.

With that said, I've seen episodes where Cap got weak to a mere garbage dump.

And I've seen episodes where Superman got beat to a pulp by a cop in power armour. Comics, TV series etc often show inconsistancies because it depends on the writer. That's why as a rule we go by a character's 'high' showings.

Another thing people are forgetting here; Captain Planet's powers would do jacksh*t to Superman. Earth? Superman KO's Earth. Water? Water... Wind? Superman sneezed away a galaxy before.

That was the Pre-Crisis version of Supes. Not the current one.

Cap could slug it out with him in a fist-fight. Zap him with lightning. Turn into liquid nitrogen and freeze him. Turn into air, enter Supes lungs and turn to rock. Heck I wouldn't be surprised if he could drain the solar energy out of Superman and remove his powers.

Captain Planet might be a physical match for Superman, and true enough Supes powers might not work on Captain Planet either, but only one of them has a readily exploitable weakness, considering you'd have to scour the Earth for a single fragment of Kryptonite. This whole damn planet is a waste dump.

Beg your pardon, but nonsense. Even today there are numerous areas that are largely unspoiled. Even many urban areas aren't bad. My town for example, has very good air quality.

Areas polluted enough to affect Cap are few and far between.

-Pr-
Cap could slug it out with him in a fist-fight.

what strength feats does he have? i havent seen the show in years, and havent read the comics.

won't work.

neither will that.

that's assuming he could do it.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by -Pr-
what strength feats does he have? i havent seen the show in years, and havent read the comics.

Off the top of my head:

* Threw a nuclear power station into the sun.

* Sent a spaceship flying into space by hitting it with a log.

* Hurled an atom bomb far enough into space that Earth was in no danger from fall-out.

won't work.

Why not? He's been hurt by electricity before.

that's assuming he could do it.

There's nothing to assume. Elemental transmutation is one of Cap's powers.

PRAYERRUN
Send Captain Planet to apokolips. He'd have a field day there.

Allankles
There's nothing to assume. Elemental transmutation is one of Cap's powers.

Problem with that strategem other than how far fetched it seems (just think about it), is that Supes innards are harder than a rock.

Master Court
Beg your pardon, but nonsense. Even today there are numerous areas that are largely unspoiled. Even many urban areas aren't bad. My town for example, has very good air quality.

Areas polluted enough to affect Cap are few and far between.

Pardon granted.

So, you either live in Idaho or Canada, right?

Hey, amigo. I know Cap's on Supes' level, but Cap's weakness is so much easier to exploit. Considering a fight between these two would be all over the place, Supes luring Cap to a waste hotspot would be the simplest thing. It doesn't matter how easy/hard it is for the EPA to track these petri-dish places down, Superman doesn't exactly need a network and a plane ticket. He flies around the Earth fifty times in a few seconds, finding the dirtiest, rattiest, sh*thole on Earth, and surfboards Cap at the nearest lake. The one Killer Croc and Blob wash their underwear in.

The thing here is that the scenario is unspecified, so we have to assume boundless battlefield. Cap would need Kryptonite. A single object. All Superman needs to do is find the right battlefield. Much easier.

-Pr-
Off the top of my head:

* Threw a nuclear power station into the sun.

* Sent a spaceship flying into space by hitting it with a log.

* Hurled an atom bomb far enough into space that Earth was in no danger from fall-out.

nice, but i don't know if that's as impressive as supes' higher stuff.

how recently? cos ive seen a weakened superman take a city's worth of electricity from livewire without significant damage.

Originally posted by Allankles
Problem with that strategem other than how far fetched it seems (just think about it), is that Supes innards are harder than a rock.

Spire
Superman.

chilled monkey
Pardon granted.

So, you either live in Idaho or Canada, right?

Nope. I live in Wales.

Master Court
Nope. I live in Wales.

Ah! Wales. I'm American, but I spent some time in Wales and the UK in general in the past. To sum it up; Shopping in Bristol, London, Cardiff, and another place I can't remember the name of. Great sunset view when you're going over the Severn Bridge. Saw Metallica play over in London. Passed through Bulwark. Bulwark is a sh*thole but there's a fish and chips takeout diner with great burgers. And saw Slipknot in Cardiff. Besides that stuff, it was mostly a leisure vacation. Wales is a f*cking beautiful country, btw.

h1a8
And I've seen episodes where Superman got beat to a pulp by a cop in power armour. Comics, TV series etc often show inconsistancies because it depends on the writer. That's why as a rule we go by a character's 'high' showings.
A low showing is only as such if it contradicts any normal showing. Superman getting beat to a pulp by that cop is a low showing since it contradicts all normal showings. But Superman getting weak to kryptonite is not a low showing but a feature in his "power set" . Similarly, Cap Planet getting weak to waste and garbage is not a low showing but a feature to his power set.

If you want to prove it was a low showing for Cap then provide an instance when Cap resisted the exposure to some garbage, waste, or anything that is supposed to make him weak.

chilled monkey
If you want to prove it was a low showing for Cap then provide an instance when Cap resisted the exposure to some garbage, waste, or anything that is supposed to make him weak.

I did exactly that on the first page of this thread.

"Radiant Amazon"- He was blasted by Duke Nukem's radiation bolts, sprayed with toxic waste and dumped into a lakeful of the stuff. As soon as he was pulled out and the chemicals washed off he bounced right back.

Some other examples-

"The Ultimate Pollution"- Cap was blasted with a missle that soaked him in chemical waste. Again he was able to hold on until the Planeteers came to help.

"Tree of Life"- Dr Blight dunked Cap in a barrel of defoliant then locked him in a smog-filled cell. Again he holds on until help arrives.

My point is that to harm Cap you need levels of pollution that would be fatal (or at least highly dangerous) to humans. Even then he's resisted it and not disappeared instantly. He won't be defeated by someone throwing a chocolate wrapper at him or something like that.

gobstakid777
bump

King Kandy
Superman will win. First of all captain planet HAS been hurt by pure force before, Zarm has done it on the show. Hell Zarm empowered kids who were stronger than captain planet.

Secondly captain planet has exploitable weaknesses besides pollution. He gets weaker the farther he is from earth, so take the fight to space and supes can easily win. Also damaging the earth itself will hurt captain planet.

Captain planet has a bunch of very bizarre powers, but none of them really are anything to beat superman with.

gobstakid777
bump

h1a8
I did exactly that on the first page of this thread.

"Radiant Amazon"- He was blasted by Duke Nukem's radiation bolts, sprayed with toxic waste and dumped into a lakeful of the stuff. As soon as he was pulled out and the chemicals washed off he bounced right back.

Some other examples-

"The Ultimate Pollution"- Cap was blasted with a missle that soaked him in chemical waste. Again he was able to hold on until the Planeteers came to help.

"Tree of Life"- Dr Blight dunked Cap in a barrel of defoliant then locked him in a smog-filled cell. Again he holds on until help arrives.

My point is that to harm Cap you need levels of pollution that would be fatal (or at least highly dangerous) to humans. Even then he's resisted it and not disappeared instantly. He won't be defeated by someone throwing a chocolate wrapper at him or something like that.
These points don't show that each pollutant didn't make him weaker, which is my point. He may be still able to fight depending upon how much and how toxic the stuff is but he still is weakened.

All I'm saying is that pollution makes him weaker. Without it he is seemingly invincible. Superman can make him as weak as he like by putting as much waste on him as needed. And Superman can do this in a microsecond. There are no Planeteers to help him out either.

Once there is enough on Cap Superman can easily beat him.

Ouallada
A low showing doesn't need to be contradictory to be considered as such. It just needs to, you know, be lower than the average by a certain threshold. Whether or not it is PIS/CIS is on top of it being a low showing, not the criteria.

h1a8
Originally posted by Ouallada
A low showing doesn't need to be contradictory to be considered as such. It just needs to, you know, be lower than the average by a certain threshold. Whether or not it is PIS/CIS is on top of it being a low showing, not the criteria.
Contradictory to the average, yes

It can not be a low showing without comparing it to some other feats.

Once we compare we find the contradiction. For example Spider-man easily dodging machine gun fire contradicts him getting hit with a punch by the Rhino.

And I already said average (or a similar wording) in one of my previous posts. Spider man dodges bullets on average so him getting hit by a single attack moving at less speed is a low showing. Captain Planet gets weak to waste and pollution on average so this isn't a low showing.

Ouallada
A contradiction is a subset here, not a superset. A low showing is simply that -- a low showing. Flash runs faster in some instances and slower in some instances. That leads to low showings. They can, but do not need to be contradictory.

h1a8
A contradiction is a subset here, not a superset. A low showing is simply that -- a low showing. Flash runs faster in some instances and slower in some instances. That leads to low showings. They can, but do not need to be contradictory.

Incorrect.

Flash running slower some instances has nothing to do with low showings but a choice.

Superman getting koed by a gas station has nothing to do with a choice. It contradicts him withstanding Nuclear Bombs and centers of Red Stars and thus is a low showing.

Digi
Not really no.

Don't get me wrong, I like Superman. But this isn't going to be easy for him.

This is an absurd amount of win right here. I didn't expect a coherent defense of Mr. Toothpaste.

h1a8
Originally posted by Digi
This is an absurd amount of win right here. I didn't expect a coherent defense of Mr. Toothpaste.

It is indeed with the exception of a major flaw.

"...he was pulled out. "

In this fight there will be no one to pull Cap out of the waste. He loses every time.

Digi
It is indeed with the exception of a major flaw.

"...he was pulled out. "

In this fight there will be no one to pull Cap out of the waste. He loses every time.

You missed my point. I wasn't taking a stance in the debate. I was saying how awesome it was that there could be a rational debate.

gobstakid777
captain gets help by the kids but supes destroys both

h1a8
Originally posted by Digi
You missed my point. I wasn't taking a stance in the debate. I was saying how awesome it was that there could be a rational debate.

I understood your point. I knew exactly would you meant.
I was just pointing out that the whole argument was made irrational by the flaw I pointed out. It is almost like the poster tried to trick us into believing what he is saying is rational. An elaborate ruse.

Its almost as arguing that if Galactus helps Juggs and gives him the power cosmic then he will be more than a match for Superman in a Superman vs. Juggernaut Thread only.

carver9
I always wanted to know who'll win a fight between captain planet and supes without the toxic waste issue.

With captain planets weakness I give this to supes 7/10. Hell supes could literally beat cap to death with a garbage truck and kill him.

Without the weakness I give the to captain planet 8/10. He's as physically durable as Superman. He's just as strong as superman. Has some amazing speed feats and he's much more powerful than supes.

If I had a choice between powers it would be cap any day of the weak, the guy could do anything on a high level but his weakness and his happy attitude makes him a terrible character.

Use the evil captain planet this would be a shit stomp in his favor.

Ouallada
Incorrect.

Flash running slower some instances has nothing to do with low showings but a choice.

Superman getting koed by a gas station has nothing to do with a choice. It contradicts him withstanding Nuclear Bombs and centers of Red Stars and thus is a low showing.

And in other cases Flash simply runs slower because not all showings are created equal, unless what you are arguing for is a state where all showings must be of a singular, fixed level. That is ludicrous.

GL constructs can on one day hold Superman-level beings, and on another day can broken by the same beings. That showcases variations in showings, just not necessarily caused by contradictions.

Master Court

gobstakid777
cap drowns supes with a hurricane of puns

Master Court
Or just by facing away and mesmerizing him by swaying his luxurious mullet from side to side. Superman gets close and POW, gets his teeth knocked out.

h1a8
Originally posted by carver9
I always wanted to know who'll win a fight between captain planet and supes without the toxic waste issue.

With captain planets weakness I give this to supes 7/10. Hell supes could literally beat cap to death with a garbage truck and kill him.

Without the weakness I give the to captain planet 8/10. He's as physically durable as Superman. He's just as strong as superman. Has some amazing speed feats and he's much more powerful than supes.

If I had a choice between powers it would be cap any day of the weak, the guy could do anything on a high level but his weakness and his happy attitude makes him a terrible character.

Use the evil captain planet this would be a shit stomp in his favor.

What are some of Caps best strength and durability feats?

h1a8
And in other cases Flash simply runs slower because not all showings are created equal, unless what you are arguing for is a state where all showings must be of a singular, fixed level. That is ludicrous.

GL constructs can on one day hold Superman-level beings, and on another day can broken by the same beings. That showcases variations in showings, just not necessarily caused by contradictions.

Flash most likely has no speed limit. Thus he chooses what speed he wants to run at. He hardly ever runs at his full speed because he chooses to.

So when you see flash moving fast don't assume he is using all of his might.

h1a8

gobstakid777
this debate is getin good

carver9
What are some of Caps best strength and durability feats?

Captains best durability feat is swimming in a volcanoe without too much trouble and tanking the force of a nuclear core. The others is him fighting his identical which has his immense strength and stood up to him without too much trouble.

His speed feat is the time the entire planet was infected and he flew around the entire planet and fixed it before the planetiers got through with there sentence.

His power, well, he has so much of that that its kind of hard to explain.

His best strength feat is him picking up a nuclear planet, a building, and tossing it from earth to the sun. That feat alone puts him above superman in strength or his equal, however you want to put it.

Raptor22
tossing a nuclear plant in the sun in no way puts him anywhere near sups strength level. fighting a clone isnt really impressive in my opinion because u cant really gage anything since their exactly the same. if the clone had a power up it would be different. but the speed feat is impressive.

carver9
Originally posted by Raptor22
tossing a nuclear plant in the sun in no way puts him anywhere near sups strength level. fighting a clone isnt really impressive in my opinion because u cant really gage anything since their exactly the same. if the clone had a power up it would be different. but the speed feat is impressive.

What is Superman greatest strength feat? I think throwing something that is thousands of tons 8 light years away is a huge strength feat.

Raptor22

Survivor19
So... is Sun 8 light years away?

carver9

What is supermans best strength feat?

DarkOdin

Well considering the sun is over 91 million miles away. That should be very equal to Supes

Lets face it Capt. Planet is more of a "toon force" character kind of like pre crisis supes. You the WTF kind of feats.

Raptor22
sorry dont know why that posted twice. supes has pushed the moon, held a mini black hole in his hand, and moved the planet with the help of mm and ww.

Spire
Book, Megaddon, Arm wrestling gods, etc.,

carver9
sorry dont know why that posted twice. supes has pushed the moon, held a mini black hole in his hand, and moved the planet with the help of mm and ww.

I said strength feat, not pulling and tugging.

The black hole feat wasnt a display of strength, that was more of durability feat.

Show me superman picking something up and tossing it or show me superman lifting something that would throw cap feat out of the window.

Mindset
I said strength feat, not pulling and tugging.

You mean a lifting feat?

Spire
The black hole feat wasnt a display of strength, that was more of durability feat.

What?

Parmaniac
I can't believe this is still on, no disrespect to Captain Planet but Supes way above him

Parmaniac
question what happend / what did he do with the black hole?

Raptor22
i dont think the strength difference is so great that supes will straight up pound him in a second but it will be enough to hold him and fly him out of the atmosphere where cap will lose his powers being away from the planet. and supes experience fighting the likes of doomsday,darkseid,etc.. will be huge. fighting supes is different than fighting rita repulsa. the only real fight hes been in was against a clone and he got housed and onlw won by hitting him with clean soil and $hit.

Spire
Originally posted by Parmaniac
question what happend / what did he do with the black hole?

Held it in his hand.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Spire
Held it in his hand.

and then? I mean he must get rid of it somehow

carver9
What?

Pulling and tugging along with a dipping of flight.

carver9
i dont think the strength difference is so great that supes will straight up pound him in a second but it will be enough to hold him and fly him out of the atmosphere where cap will lose his powers being away from the planet. and supes experience fighting the likes of doomsday,darkseid,etc.. will be huge. fighting supes is different than fighting rita repulsa. the only real fight hes been in was against a clone and he got housed and onlw won by hitting him with clean soil and $hit.

I agree, experience wise, supes has this in the bag but thats about it. Cap doesnt fight was supes fight on a daily basis, he's just to nice.

Flying cap out of space wont work, he can turn to air. confused

Spire
and then? I mean he must get rid of it somehow

Origami. Ebay.

He just tosses it into a wormhole.

Spire
Alright, let's baby step this:

What?

Pulling and tugging along with a dipping of flight.

Now, here we are again.

What?

Raptor22
how is pushing the planet not a strengt feat. picture if u built giant rockets on one side of the planet how much force do u think it would take to move it? do u think it would be less than it would take to shoot the factory into space. try this go outside put your hands on the ground and try to push the planet. come back and tell me if u couldnt move it because ur not durable enough or because ur not strong enough.

Spire
how is pushing the planet not a strengt feat. picture if u built giant rockets on one side of the planet how much force do u think it would take to move it? do u think it would be less than it would take to shoot the factory into space. try this go outside put your hands on the ground and try to push the planet. come back and tell me if u couldnt move it because ur not durable enough or because ur not strong enough.

It's just an attempt to downplay Supes. Ignore it.

Parmaniac
He just tosses it into a wormhole.

that's what I wanted to know, if he threw it it truly is a strength feat just imagine how much strength it needs to throw something away that is pulling you onto it and not even light can escape it, so theoretical he must have accelerated the black hole to a speed faster than light

Spire
that's what I wanted to know, if he threw it it truly is a strength feat just imagine how much strength it needs to throw something away that is pulling you onto it and not even light can escape it, so theoretical he must have accelerated the black hole to a speed faster than light

Pretty much.

Raptor22
my bad carver in my last post i thought u said moving the planet was durability feat not strength when acutally u said it was pulling feat and the black hole was the durability one. sorry for the mix up

Lord Feron
Without any weakness exploitation. Superman is going to have a tough time hurting Cap. I don't think he ever got hurt without pollution, much less KOed. But Supes will manhandle his ass but Cap could just pop right up.

He could use HV and cold breath. But Isn't Cap made of the elements or controls them? Idk but Supes should taKE THIS 10/10 BUT JUST NOT SURE HOW. I mean supes could out mucle him but what is that really gonna do?

Raptor22
pulling/pushing feat or not it would still take an amazing amount of strength to push a planet.

Master Court
Why would Superman throw a piece of litter on him when he can throw some of the most toxic stuff on Earth on him in a millisecond?
Superman is far faster than Captain Planet featwise. He can do things in a picosecond.

And Superman's main energy source is not the Sun. The Sun's energy only opens up a doorway to his main source.

On the very first episode, Captain Planet dodges a giant robot at lightspeed.

Second, yes, the Sun is Superman's energy source. Without the solar energy, he's powerless. But even still, this has absolutely nothing to do with my point. My point is, Superman has only one source of energy for his powers. Captain Planet has two, including the Sun. Although, admittedly, we can't gauge to what extent Captain Planet can draw from the Sun, we can however gauge its potency as well as the Earth's in sustaining Captain Planet. Captain Planet doesn't seem to need to "charge" at all. While Superman can burn out, as when he collapsed to death during DOS, Captain Planet is far less variable in his health. Captain Planet is either weak, or always at full capacity. And unless weakened by something drastically harmful to nature, Captain Planet has never been harmed by anything.

Speaking of weakened states; Superman remains weakened for several moments after exposure to kryptonite, even after the kryptonite has been completely removed from Superman's vicinity. Indeed, he's been as frail and vulnerable as a human. Captain Planet, however, is instantly rejuvenated the instant the hazardous material is merely removed from direct contact to his body, which can be as simple as Captain Planet rolling over into a puddle of water. It can even be dirty water. The only thing that hurts Captain Planet is something that is drastically hazardous to nature, and not just unclean. So as far as weaknesses go, Superman's is far more exploitatively detrimental and effective than Captain Planet's.

And given the foreign nature of kryptonite, I'm sure it stands out like a sore thumb. Captain Planet could locate that easily. In addition, given the nature of physics, I doubt transmutation is really limited to substances indigenous to Earth. Since kryptonite is not harmful to Earth's nature, Captain Planet should have no fear of transmuting a rock into kryptonite. Furthermore, in a scenario without prep, the power of Heart would let Captain Planet use telepathy and easily read Superman's mind to find his weakness, whereas Superman would have no way of knowing Captain Planet's. So if it's a fight concerning weaknesses, Superman is beat either way.

If it's a real fight, where no weakness is exploited, Captain Planet has never been harmed. Superman has been killed like... twice?

I agree, experience wise, supes has this in the bag but thats about it. Cap doesnt fight was supes fight on a daily basis, he's just to nice.

Experience wise? Captain Planet doesn't strike me as a guy that needs experience. On the very first episode, he clearly has complete mastery over all his powers and is fully aware of who and what he is and what he can do. He's intelligent, immediately aware of the problems, smashing giant robots, and has a lightspeed feat.

h1a8
On the very first episode, Captain Planet dodges a giant robot at lightspeed. How do you know it was lightspeed? Because it looked very fast?
Suzy Q can have 8 power sources and 1 being the Sun and still be weaker than Superman. Also, Superman's main power source is not the Sun friend. You wasted words and time here. Captain Planet never fought DD so how do you know if he wont burn out or get killed the first minute? Dos DD will spank Captain Planet's ass.

It is moot whether Captain planet rejuvenates faster after being freed of his weakness. Who's going free him? There is no kryptonite nowhere on Earth nor is its makeup common knowledge. Thus there is no way Cap can obtain any kryptonite.

And there is no such thing as hurt all the way or not hurt at all. There are levels of hurt or weakening in which Cap or anyone will feel when exposed to a certain amount of their weakness. Any type of pollution would weaken Cap below his normal levels. A small amount and maybe he can still fight but he doesn't have the same attributes.

Captain Planet has never fought no where near the level of villains Superman has fought. This is like Superman fighting a bunch of humans his entire career. DD will seriously fu**K Cap up and bad.
Regular humans seem to get the best of Captain Planet most of the time. This would be a cakewalk for Superman.

He has hardly no experience fighting beings on Superman level. His lack of experience would be highly apparent if Superman chooses to fight him straight up without dumping some waste on him.

Raptor22
given caps powerset i find it highly unlikely he could transmute kryptonite. his powers are entirerly earth based and k-nite is an alien substance which is in direct contrast to his powerset. so unless its completey made from substances found on earth he probably cant. not to mention the fact i doubt he could recreat the radiation it absorbed when krypton exploded which is what makes it harmful to supes. and k-nite is harmful to almost all living things due to the radiation it emmits it just takes longer than it does for supes. just ask lex. and correct me if im wrong but isnt radiation one of caps weaknesses.

Ouallada
Flash most likely has no speed limit. Thus he chooses what speed he wants to run at. He hardly ever runs at his full speed because he chooses to.

So when you see flash moving fast don't assume he is using all of his might.

We both know that an assumption of infinite limits is ridiculous. It isn't just far-fetched to demand absolute consistency in results, but illogical. Do all F1 drivers go the same speed if the curcuit is kept constant? Does the one time a driver skids of the track contradict the rest of the times when he doesn't? Perhaps, but not necessarily so -- variance is not only expected, but inevitable.

Master Court
How do you know it was lightspeed? Because it looked very fast?

He left an after image. It's a hallmark tell of lightspeed.

Suzy Q can have 8 power sources and 1 being the Sun and still be weaker than Superman. Also, Superman's main power source is not the Sun friend. You wasted words and time here. Captain Planet never fought DD so how do you know if he wont burn out or get killed the first minute? Dos DD will spank Captain Planet's ass.

Superman needs yellow Sun energy ... I never said it grants him the powers, but it's the fuel. If we didn't have a yellow Sun, Superman wouldn't be super. I don't know what you think I mean by this, or if you're just being ultra-literal, or just busting my balls, but the simple fact is that without the yellow Sun, there's no Superman. Just Clark. Period. Furthermore, Captain Planet isn't a biological being. He has no musculature, bones, organs, blood. The only few times he's been exhausted is at the end of a fight in which he was weakened by toxic substance. He's recharged by returning to the rings.

It is moot whether Captain planet rejuvenates faster after being freed of his weakness. Who's going free him? There is no kryptonite nowhere on Earth nor is its makeup common knowledge. Thus there is no way Cap can obtain any kryptonite.

Batman has kryptonite. It'd be a simple task for Captain Planet to read Clark's mind, burst into the Bat cave, snag the kryptonite, and return to Clark. And you seem to have forgotten it's a two-way street with the weakness revival. Granted there won't be anybody to scrub Captain Planet clean, but who the f*ck would have the balls and power to take the kryptonite from Captain Planet, assuming this fight even allowed for interference?

And there is no such thing as hurt all the way or not hurt at all. There are levels of hurt or weakening in which Cap or anyone will feel when exposed to a certain amount of their weakness. Any type of pollution would weaken Cap below his normal levels. A small amount and maybe he can still fight but he doesn't have the same attributes.

Fair enough. But while a slight amount of pollution will do a slight amount of damage to Captain Planet. A slight amount of kryptonite puts Superman on all fours in agonizing pain. Hell, a kryptonite bullet is tiny and exposure is only a fraction of a second after it's fired, but it's still capable of piercing Superman as easily as it would a normal man. Public Enemies. Metallo pops one in Superman, Superman drops. Within just several moments, the planet pusher is worried he might not have enough strength to survive Batman's electrified fence. My point? While it takes potent pollution and almost full torso coverage, particularly the planet symbol, to paralyze Captain Planet, a single palm's worth of kryptonite is enough to put Superman down. And it doesn't even have to touch him. What's more; while being weakened and in all that pain, Superman would have no way of taking it from Captain Planet.

Captain Planet has never fought no where near the level of villains Superman has fought. This is like Superman fighting a bunch of humans his entire career. DD will seriously fu**K Cap up and bad.
Regular humans seem to get the best of Captain Planet most of the time. This would be a cakewalk for Superman.

Actually, the only time they got the best of Captain Planet was when they did things to the Planeteers, the local environment, or when they chucked a bag of toxic sh*t on him. The same for Superman, really. Anyway, Captain Planet doesn't just go around beating people up. He usually trashes these giant ass robots, buildings, and usually their cars and sh*t too. Obviously a car doesn't = Superman, but I'm just saying...

He has hardly no experience fighting beings on Superman level. His lack of experience would be highly apparent if Superman chooses to fight him straight up without dumping some waste on him.

Well, this is undeniably correct. Cap has practically zilcho experience in slugging it out with Superman-level guys. However, Captain Planet has full mastery of his powers and is completely aware of his capabilities. And he's proven to have strategy in the use of his powers. So while Superman is clearly a much better fighter, Captain Planet still has his vast powerset. Hell, Captain Planet can turn himself into air and become intangible, and revert back to attack Superman as often as needed, and then becoming air again.

Master Court
and correct me if im wrong but isnt radiation one of caps weaknesses.

Certain forms. Sunlight itself is radiation. That's why we get sunburn and skin cancer from it. But it works wonders for nature. So quite the opposite for Captain Planet. He thrives in sunlight.

EDIT: Ugh. New page. See previous for my long ass reply, h1a8.

Juntai

Batman has kryptonite. It'd be a simple task for Captain Planet to read Clark's mind, burst into the Bat cave, snag the kryptonite, and return to Clark. no

Master Court
What?

batdude123
facepalm

gobstakid777
http://209.85.62.24/211/149/0/f221345/epicly-epic-fail.jpg

psycho gundam
Batman has kryptonite. It'd be a simple task for Captain Planet to read Clark's mind, burst into the Bat cave, snag the kryptonite, and return to Clark. And you seem to have forgotten it's a two-way street with the weakness revival. Granted there won't be anybody to scrub Captain Planet clean, but who the f*ck would have the balls and power to take the kryptonite from Captain Planet, assuming this fight even allowed for interference?
yeeesh.. master court, you're disappointing me dog.

h1a8
He left an after image. It's a hallmark tell of lightspeed. Batman, Captain America, Spider-man have all left after images plenty of times. Doesn't mean they were moving at light speed.

I was pointing out the flaw of your reasoning when you implied that since Cap has more energy sources than Superman then he is stronger (or better). It is unknown what rate Cap is absorbing energy. Thus if he expends more energy than he can absorb at a time then he must tire. He can't absorb infinite energy per second. There is a limit.

Superman on the other hand uses the sun's energy to open a doorway to another dimension (to his main power source). Superman has been capable of feats that takes more energy than the entire amount of energy emitted from the Sun since Superman's birth. Hell, he did a feat that required the energy of over a thousand galaxies. Good thinking here. Now this is how you debate. But the problem here is that these two are not necessarily fighting on Superman's Earth, where kryptonite exists. They could be fighting on Captain Planet's Earth or even our own's, where kryptonite doesn't exist. Plus I told you that Cap can't probe minds but reads them as one is thinking. Superman isn't even thinking about any kryptonite in this fight. Kryptonite argument is covered above. Superman wins.

Cap doesn't have the reflexes or speed to change into air before Superman can attack him. And changing into air to avoid a punch requires experience. Just because one can do it doesn't mean that they will. CIS plays a role too. Cap never has changed into air to avoid a punch. He didn't even do this to avoid all the waste that was dumped on him throughout the years. So it is far fetched that he would do so. He usually changes to air to do offensively things.

Master Court
Bear with me for a minute...

Batman, Captain America, Spider-man have all left after images plenty of times. Doesn't mean they were moving at light speed.

True enough. However, showing fast movements in a single panel of a comic is one thing. They have to show where the guy started and where he ended up, and they do it in one panel to emphasize a speedy gesture. But seeing someone move fast in animation is another matter. You actually see the movement, the speed, and the glowing after image. With animation, there's a LOT less speculation involved with gauging feats. He didn't just leave a faint or dotted outline. He glows and his after image tears away to his new position with the sound of an energy surge. Ok, they didn't SAY it was lightspeed, so I guess there's absolutely no f*cking way to win this one. I'll drop it.

Good thinking here. Now this is how you debate. But the problem here is that these two are not necessarily fighting on Superman's Earth, where kryptonite exists. They could be fighting on Captain Planet's Earth or even our own's, where kryptonite doesn't exist. Plus I told you that Cap can't probe minds but reads them as one is thinking. Superman isn't even thinking about any kryptonite in this fight.

Uh, this is not a very good argument. They "might not be on a planet with kryptonite"? Well, then I should say Superman most definitely wins, if he goes straight for the weakness exploitation. And then, what's the point of this at all? As every planet in the miserable omniverse is polluted, Captain Planet's weakness is in abundant supply. Whereas Superman's "might not be here"? That's the same as givin' them both guns but only giving Supes the ammo.

Originally posted by h1a8 Kryptonite argument is covered above. Superman wins.

Yeah, if there's no kryptonite. But, really, in the battle of weaknesses, like I said before, a small chunk of kryptonite works far more effectively on Superman than toxic waste does on Captain Planet. Superman is weakened for several moments after exposure. Captain Planet perks right up. In overall weakness exploitability - that is method of exposure, quantity required for effect, extent of effect, and recovery time - Superman loses.

Cap doesn't have the reflexes or speed to change into air before Superman can attack him. And changing into air to avoid a punch requires experience. Just because one can do it doesn't mean that they will. CIS plays a role too. Cap never has changed into air to avoid a punch. He didn't even do this to avoid all the waste that was dumped on him throughout the years. So it is far fetched that he would do so. He usually changes to air to do offensively things.

This is weird. You don't need experience to dodge. It's a natural thing to avoid attack, and Captain Planet is smart, often enough strategic in the use of his powers, and is a master of his powers. He knows he can do it. Just because he hasn't, doesn't mean he can't. And it's possible it wouldn't even work to avoid toxic waste. Besides that, he's never fought anybody that could physically challenge him anyway, so he's never had to turn into air. And as far as CIS is concerned; whenever faced with a kryptonite wielding badguy, Superman has ample opportunity to use his powers to counter/disarm/avoid before succumbing to exposure, but rarely, if ever, does a f*cking thing about it. Instead, nine times out of ten he does his "I'm melting! I'm melting!" act.

I got a better versus. How about on a planet rich in energy for both but with no weaknesses? A real fight.

Finally, I know this has more or less been settled, not to mention I never said Cap wins in the first place - indeed, I was one of the first to say Superman shoves some kind of toxic thing up Captain Planet's ass or something like that, and I'm merely saying it would be FAR from an easy fight for Supes - but I can't let it drop without people explaining to me what the f*ck is with the all the palm-face bullsh*t. At some point did Batman ditch the kryptonite? Or are they assuming Batman's defenses can stop Captain Planet? Because, obviously, my "snag the kryptonite" play assumes they're in current DC Earth, or a mesh of Captain Planet's Earth and DC Earth.

I could kill myself now and be happy if only someone would spell it out to me in small, cute, words, what it is, exactly, about the "Batman has kryptonite" thing that merited such a f*cking anal pile-driving. And I stress again, CUTE words. Like what I use. And then we can move on to the grander scheme of things; time-share in the afterlife!

Tattoos N Scars
The Kryptonite argument is a moot point. Most of Superman's enemies do not even bring it to the fight..so, I doubt Captain Planet would.

Captain Planet would be too busy fighting Superman to go looking for it in anyway.

Master Court
The Kryptonite argument is a moot point. Most of Superman's enemies do not even bring it to the fight..so, I doubt Captain Planet would.

Captain Planet would be too busy fighting Superman to go looking for it in anyway.

It's only a moot point if weaknesses aren't being exploited at all. But since you point out that he'd be busy fighting Supes, I suppose that goes both ways. So the question would remain - not that it does - is who would win if neither knew of the other's weakness. The whole damn thing is a moot point, though. Superman wins, obviously. I was only saying it wouldn't be easy.

Anywho. Listen carefully. I need you, to tell me, why I got the anal pile-driving when I suggested that Captain Planet could retrieve the kryptonite from the Batcave. I'm not debating. I'm asking a question. Last I knew, Batman kept some kryptonite. Whether he has some or not, it doesn't matter. I just want to know why I got the anal pile-driving. When I hit a brick wall that f*cking hard at ninety miles per hour, I like to know what I did to f*ck up. Tell me. What was incorrect, illogical, or funky about what I said? I swear, I will personally put three cigars out on my d*ck if you, or anyone, gives me a straight and clear answer. It's not for a debate, I don't want this to go on, it's just to keep my d*ck hard for another four hours. And then, time-share in the afterlife. Am I the only one interested in this prospect?

Endless Mike
Do Captain Planet's powers count as magic?

Master Court
I don't think so.

Endless Mike
In that case Superman probably wins

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Do Captain Planet's powers count as magic? he was the creation (in the form of the rings) of gaea, mother earth from her power.

Endless Mike
But is that magic or not?

-Pr-
It's only a moot point if weaknesses aren't being exploited at all. But since you point out that he'd be busy fighting Supes, I suppose that goes both ways. So the question would remain - not that it does - is who would win if neither knew of the other's weakness. The whole damn thing is a moot point, though. Superman wins, obviously. I was only saying it wouldn't be easy.

Anywho. Listen carefully. I need you, to tell me, why I got the anal pile-driving when I suggested that Captain Planet could retrieve the kryptonite from the Batcave. I'm not debating. I'm asking a question. Last I knew, Batman kept some kryptonite. Whether he has some or not, it doesn't matter. I just want to know why I got the anal pile-driving. When I hit a brick wall that f*cking hard at ninety miles per hour, I like to know what I did to f*ck up. Tell me. What was incorrect, illogical, or funky about what I said? I swear, I will personally put three cigars out on my d*ck if you, or anyone, gives me a straight and clear answer. It's not for a debate, I don't want this to go on, it's just to keep my d*ck hard for another four hours. And then, time-share in the afterlife. Am I the only one interested in this prospect?

kryptonite isn't a magic off switch. it takes massive amounts to hurt him externally. the only way to really put him down is to introduce it in to his bloodstream, and even then he's shown incredible resilience to it.

Creshosk
But is that magic or not? How do you define magic? Cause those rings certainly ain't technology.

psycho gundam
But is that magic or not? unconfirmed.

but its kind of moot since captain planet doesnt have a magical aura or attacks to even hurt superman.

Tattoos N Scars

Damn..are you high???

laughing

I'm not anal bashin' ya...I'm just makin' a statement, so...I can't really answer that question for ya. I was just throwin' in my two cents on this converstation. People can take it or leave it...it makes no difference to me. In my opinion, Kryptonite would not play a factor in this fight. Most of Supes' enemies do not even have it. Batman has it...Lex has/or can get it...Henshaw...and I'm sure maybe a few others. But, for the most part, your standard random foe for Superman does not have it. I don't recall Black Adam, Captain Marvel, Orion, Doomsday, etc...ever bringin' it to the fight.

Anyway, I don't care if Captain Planet has it or not. Carry on with the debate!!!!

h1a8
It is a better fight if no weaknesses were involved (magic, kryptonite, pollution, etc.). Maybe someone should create a new thread about it.

gobstakid777
It is a better fight if no weaknesses were involved (magic, kryptonite, pollution, etc.). Maybe someone should create a new thread about it.

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/dance.gifhttp://images.killermovies.com/forums/smilies/banana.gif
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/smilies/cartoon/biggrin.gif
I just did

gobstakid777
It is a better fight if no weaknesses were involved (magic, kryptonite, pollution, etc.). Maybe someone should create a new thread about it. Happy Dance
dance
big grin
I just did

ColossusGrundy
Superman hurts his feelings and Captain Planet spends an entire episode trying to console the South American kid with the monkey.

All the tears........

Supes in less than a second and then he goes home and recycles out of guilt.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.