General Grievous vs Wolverine.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

snoopdogg
The General only has two lighsabers for this figtht. A blue one and a green one.

Let's say Grievous hears about a warrior that has been cleaning alot of house on Tatooine and he goes to try and recuit Logan to join his army. Logan declines and a fight ensues.

Rogue Jedi
Details, dude.

gobstakid777
Originally posted by snoopdogg
The General only has two lighsabers for this figtht. A blue one and a green one.
I'll give to colonel sanders..I mean grevious, unless this is just movie feats, in which case grevious dies

Scythe
Can lightsabers cut through Logan's bones?

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Details, dude. Like what?Originally posted by Scythe
Can lightsabers cut through Logan's bones? Possible.

Darth Martin
This will probably closed Snoop. Impediment wants a scenario for each thread.

Anyway, the General wins.

Rogue Jedi
Can lightsabers cut through adamantium? Weeeeeeeeeell dadudemon will be here soon with his take on it haermm

My theory? Yes. But not easily. After several strikes, I believe the adamantium will start to melt.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Darth Martin
This will probably closed Snoop. Impediment wants a scenario for each thread.

Anyway, the General wins. I put up a scenario.

Rogue Jedi
Grievous.

BruceSkywalker
Logan ftw

Darth Martin
Nah. The General takes it. He has every advantage except for healing. He's stronger, smarter, faster, more agile, and has the reach advantage.

Robtard
Nah. The General takes it. He has every advantage except for healing. He's stronger, smarter, faster, more agile, and has the reach advantage.

He also can't permanently take down Wolverine = huge disadvantage in a fight to the death.

Lightsabres can't cut through a "virtually indestructible" material, sorry SW fanboys, but the nigh-indestructible clause trumps fanboyism.

Rogue Jedi
McClane.

snoopdogg
Honest question.

Why can't a lightsaber cut adamntium? I have a hard time buying primative Earth can make a metal that trumps the more advanced technology of Star Wars.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
He also can't permanently take down Wolverine = huge disadvantage in a fight to the death.

Lightsabres can't cut through a "virtually indestructible" material, sorry SW fanboys, but the nigh-indestructible clause trumps fanboyism. See, this is where the debate becomes pointless. Lightsabers and adamantium are two different things from different galaxies. There is literaly no way to know.

Robtard
McClane.

McClane with a gun would destroy Grievous, this is true. McShot to the soft (and chewy) center. /the end

gobstakid777
colonel sanders...i mean general grevious ftw!

Robtard
See, this is where the debate becomes pointless. Lightsabers and adamantium are two different things from different galaxies. There is literaly no way to know.
Honest question.

Why can't a lightsaber cut adamntium? I have a hard time buying primative Earth can make a metal that trumps the more advanced technology of Star Wars.

Adamantium is "virtually indestructible" as stated by Styker in X2.

So unless there's something in the SW movies that states a lightsabre has no boundaries (which they do have) when cutting through something, it stands to reason they can't.

Rogue Jedi
McClane with a gun would destroy Grievous, this is true. McShot to the soft (and chewy) center. /the end Mc bang bang bang, Grievous goes McDown with a McCoronary?

snoopdogg

So unless there's something in the SW movies that states a lightsabre has no boundaries (which they do have) when cutting through something, it stands to reason they can't. Does Stryker have knowledge of the weapons used in Star Wars?

Robtard
Mc bang bang bang, Grievous goes McDown with a McCoronary?

Leave the McJokes to me, buddy.

Rogue Jedi
You're a BAD influence, Rob.

gobstakid777
You're a BAD influence, Rob.
He's like a...robtarded alonzo harris

BruceSkywalker
McClane.

McClane with a gun would destroy Grievous, this is true. McShot to the soft (and chewy) center. /the end

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

gobstakid777
Leave the McJokes to me, buddy.
ur a Chicken McAsshole

Robtard
Originally posted by gobstakid777
ur a Chicken McAsshole

Say hello to your mother for me.

Ms.Marvel
Originally posted by gobstakid777
ur a Chicken McAsshole

laughing

say hello to LUNMBERG FOR ME!

gobstakid777
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
laughing

say hello to LUNMBERG FOR ME!
supposed to be office space rite
if so laughing
if not..idk

gobstakid777
Say hello to your mother for me.
I'm always with mom..
your mom

Quincy
Grievous probs.

Rogue Jedi
Anally?

Ms.Marvel
there shoulda been an e in there for that to work. stick out tongue

dadudemon

Lightsabres can't cut through a "virtually indestructible" material, sorry SW fanboys, but the nigh-indestructible clause trumps fanboyism.

That, and we have damn movie feats that make it more than obvious that it cannot cut through adamantium.

Wolverine Origins certainly helped dispel the idea that a light saber could cut through adamantium.

Quincy
Originally posted by dadudemon
Wolverine Origins certainly helped dispel the idea that a light saber could cut through adamantium.

Care to elaborate?

Robtard
Originally posted by Quincy
Care to elaborate?

The scene where Tarzan attacks Logan with Darth Maul's twin sabres and it doesn't cut through his claws, duh. ****ing moron.

Quincy
geek

dadudemon
Care to elaborate?

Sure. Read this whole thead:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f102/t515530.html

Yes. I am serious.

Robtard
Or just read my oh so awesome movie feats applied logic from the first page of this very thread:

So unless there's something in the SW movies that states a lightsabre has no boundaries (which they do have) when cutting through something, it stands to reason they can't.

Rogue Jedi
"Virtually" NOT "literally."

KingD19
Well, let me elaborate. Wolverine's skeleton is made of adamantium, one of the 3 indestructible metals in the MU, and it is the only one shown in the movie universe.

There are metals in the Star Wars universe that are resistant, or outright immune to damage from lightsabers (Beskar, Phrik, etc..) Phrik, the pink metal used on the tips of the Magaguards electro staffs was shown blocking saber blades.

So it stands to reason that, if metals like phrik, beskar, durasteel, etc... can stand up to a saber blade, then so can adamantium, which is called indestructible for a good reason, while none of the other metals sans Beskar make the same claim.

Quincy
7 Pages!?

You lazy prick!

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by KingD19
Well, let me elaborate. Wolverine's skeleton is made of adamantium, one of the 3 indestructible metals in the MU, and it is the only one shown in the movie universe.

There are metals in the Star Wars universe that are resistant, or outright immune to damage from lightsabers (Beskar, Phrik, etc..) Phrik, the pink metal used on the tips of the Magaguards electro staffs was shown blocking saber blades.

So it stands to reason that, if metals like phrik, beskar, durasteel, etc... can stand up to a saber blade, then so can adamantium, which is called indestructible for a good reason, while none of the other metals sans Beskar make the same claim. Virtually, dude, virtually.

Quincy
No one can know for sure. Point is moot. **** this thread.

KingD19
The only reason it isn't literally indestructible is because it's vulnerable to molecular manipulation.

You really don't think adamantium can stand up to a saber blade, when metals like cortosis and phrik could stand up against a saber blade, then adamantium can't?

Rogue Jedi
No one can know for sure. Point is moot. **** this thread. 100% correct, sir.

Rogue Jedi
The only reason it isn't literally indestructible is because it's vulnerable to molecular manipulation.

You really don't think adamantium can stand up to a saber blade, when metals like cortosis and phrik could stand up against a saber blade, then adamantium can't?

No one can know for sure. Point is moot. **** this thread.

Quincy
RJ Knows

Rogue Jedi
I still stand by my theory, though.

XanatosForever

Realistically, neither of those things should stand up to a saber blade either. Shitty writing for the win. no expression

Robtard
"Virtually" NOT "literally."

Yes, meaning almost entirely and/or for all practical purposes. Now I know the SW fannies like to think lightsabres have no limits, but they do.

So you have something that is indestructible for all intents and purposes on one side and you have something that has several limitations on the other.

If we're going just by movie feats, then adamantium has the "virtually indestructible" clause as stated by Styker in X2. If someone can point out something greater for the lightsabre from the movies, eg they cut through everything, they have no limits, they could cut God etc., then sure. If not, you SW fanboys just need to STFU.

Rogue Jedi
Lady Deathstrike is hot.

KingD19
I guess we accept your concession RJ.

And Xanatos, talking about realism in a universe where guys wave glow sticks and use psychokinetic powers because of tiny organisms, or a universe where guys turn into metal and can survive having liquid metal bonded to their skeleton is just ridiculous.

Rogue Jedi

And Xanatos, talking about realism in a universe where guys wave glow sticks and use psychokinetic powers because of tiny organisms, or a universe where guys turn into metal and can survive having liquid metal bonded to their skeleton is just ridiculous. As was stated before, it's a useless debate, no way of knowing.

KingD19
There is a way, and I explained it, you just don't want to accept it. The only, nearly indestructible metal in Star Wars is Beskar, it stands up to lightsabers just fine, so does Phrik, Cortosis, etc.... Adamantium, a truly indestructible metal will not be harmed by a lightsaber in any way.

Rogue Jedi
It's a good argument, I give you that, but I see it as two different universes colliding, for all we know Phrik metal is uber compared to adamantium.

snoopdogg
So no proof either way yet?

Robtard
So no proof either way yet?

Yes, there is logic which can be applied, but people refuse to listen.

Beskar is virtually indestructible; sabres can't cut it. Sabres also can't cut through over metals/materials that don't have the indestructible label.

Adamantium is virtually indestructible, so it strands to reason sabres can't cut that either. Logic.

From a movie standpoint, there is nothing to suggest that a lightsabre could cut through something that is virtually indestructible.

Yes, this has and will continue to fall on the def ears of the SW fannies.

snoopdogg
Yes, there is logic which can be applied, but people refuse to listen.

Beskar is virtually indestructible; sabres can't cut it. Sabres also can't cut through over metals/materials that don't have the indestructible label.

Adamantium is virtually indestructible, so it strands to reason sabres can't cut that either. Logic.

From a movie standpoint, there is nothing to suggest that a lightsabre could cut through something that is virtually indestructible.

Yes, this has and will continue to fall on the def ears of the SW fannies. Are you calling me a SW fanboy with hidden message?

So just because a lightsaber can't cut a metal from the SW universe it can't cut a metal from the Marvel one?

Robtard
Are you calling me a SW fanboy with hidden message?

So just because a lightsaber can't cut a metal from the SW universe it can't cut a metal from the Marvel one?

I'm calling anyone who refuses to apply logic a SW fanboy.

We could argue all day which "virtually indestructible" metal is stronger and it would be useless, but at the end of the day, they're both indestructible and we know a lightsabre can't cut through one, because of that indestructible property. So just apply logic.

This whole this-universe/that-universe thing is nothing more than a cop-out.

Rogue Jedi
Are you calling me a SW fanboy with hidden message?

So just because a lightsaber can't cut a metal from the SW universe it can't cut a metal from the Marvel one? This is where the debate turns to shit. For all we know, Phrik metal is, as I just said, uber compared to Adamantium.

Robtard
This is where the debate turns to shit. For all we know, Phrik metal is, as I just said, uber compared to Adamantium.

Is Phrik "virtually indestructible"?

snoopdogg
I'm calling anyone who refuses to apply logic a SW fanboy.

We could argue all day which "virtually indestructible" metal is stronger and it would be useless, but at the end of the day, they're both indestructible and we know a lightsabre can't cut through one, because of that indestructible property. So just apply logic.

This whole this-universe/that-universe thing is nothing more than a cop-out. So you're 100% sure that a lightsaber cannot cut adamantium because it cannot cut a metal from a more advanced civilization?

That's your logic?

Rogue Jedi
Is Phrik "virtually indestructible"? I dunno, is it?

Adamantium is "virtually indestructible" to things in this universe, not the SW universe.

Robtard
So you're 100% sure that a lightsaber cannot cut adamantium because it cannot cut a metal from a more advanced civilization?

That's your logic?

No, that's not my logic. The "virtually indestructible" aspects of the metals is, at least in part.

Of the metals that stop lightsabres, how many of them are virtually indestructible?

Rogue Jedi
Here's a question. If lightsabers have no effect on Phrik metal in the SW universe, what does? I mean what will destroy Phrik metal in the SW universe?

Robtard
I dunno, is it?

Adamantium is "virtually indestructible" to things in this universe, not the SW universe.

No, I don't think it is.

That is faulty logic. By that argument, you could argue that Chewbacca could bite through adamantium, because you know, he's from a different universe than the X-Men one, or you could argue that lightsabres can't cut through Spiderman's costume, cuz you know, the cotton is from a different universe.

In the end, "virtually indestructible" is just that, and lightsabres are stopped by materials that don't have that property assigned to them.

Beskar (Mandalorian iron) is the best comparable example to adamantium.

snoopdogg
So just because adamantium is labeled "virtually" indesctrutable that automatically means it's equal to metal in Star Wars with the same advertisement?

WhoopeeDee
As far as the movie goes the Adamentium is basically indestructible in Earth standards. Lightsabers are weapons that pretty much are recognize by countless worlds as a powerful tool.

Do the math.

One miserable Earth planet Metallurgy vs. the Metallurgy of Thousands of planets in a galaxy far far away.

Lightsabers all the way.

Robtard
So just because adamantium is labeled "virtually" indesctrutable that automatically means it's equal to metal in Star Wars with the same advertisement?

Logically, yes. As they're both fictional metals, we're not talking about known substances such as iron or copper.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by WhoopeeDee
As far as the movie goes the Adamentium is basically indestructible in Earth standards. Lightsabers are weapons that pretty much are recognize by countless worlds as a powerful tool.

Do the math.

One miserable Earth planet Metallurgy vs. the Metallurgy of Thousands of planets in a galaxy far far away.

Lightsabers all the way. I agree. Adamantium operates on a much smaller playing field.

WhoopeeDee
I agree. Adamantium operates on a much smaller playing field.

Indeed, for the movie based wolverine I can't give it to Logan.

Whereas comic book Wolverine in which he encounters beings like the Starjammers then adamentium have more potential.

XanatosForever

And Xanatos, talking about realism in a universe where guys wave glow sticks and use psychokinetic powers because of tiny organisms, or a universe where guys turn into metal and can survive having liquid metal bonded to their skeleton is just ridiculous.

The status of the lightsaber as this ultimate weapon was the whole reason for its development, and the Jedi and Sith representing how the weapon is only a tool, etc. etc.

Then comes along the authors for EU, and to keep things interesting, decide to shit on that concept. "Oh look here, a previously unmentioned uber metal that can stand up to lightsabers just fine! Hur hur hur."

Of course, this is all just my opinion on it. smile

Rogue Jedi
Here's a question. If lightsabers have no effect on Phrik metal in the SW universe, what does? I mean what will destroy Phrik metal in the SW universe?

Robtard

Beskar (Mandalorian iron) is the best comparable example to adamantium. It's tough simply because of it's strength.

Rogue Jedi
OK, so answer?

KingD19
No idea, since Phrik is only made in melee weapons and very light armor for infantry units only. Probably something overly powerful like a superweapon or a plasma cannon. Or, somebody hitting it whose skilled at seeing and manipulatin shatterpoints. Jacen broke apart a perfectly made breast plate of beskar using one.

Robtard
OK, so answer?

iirc, Phrik is resistant to lightsabres not because it's just extremely tough (like Beskar), but because it has energy disbursement properties.

It isn't virtually indestructible, like Beskar. Why your comparison of it to adamantium is faulty.

dadudemon
Let me make this clear:

There is no debate about a lightsaber being able to or not cutting adamantium.

I am dead serious about this.

A light saber cannot cut true adamantium.

For anyone to continue to believe adamantium can be cut with a lightsaber after I've presented logic that is impossible to counter is madness.

Here, read all of these posts. If anyone continues to post about a lightsaber being able to cut through adamantium, you're trolling and we all know it.

But, by my estimates, if cortosis has limited resistance to adamantium, and is no where as awesomely indestructible as adamantium, there's not way in hell that a lightsaber is cutting through adamantium.

But, I offered some other logic, such as sublimation. The heat from the sword, even when acknowledging the uber crystalline structure of adamantium, should cause increased sublimation. No matter what, it would sublimate. Unless someone has a canon source for adamantium not sublimating, it should greatly speed up the sublimation process, when it makes contact. However, it should still be much too slow to do anything beyond the microscopic level. On top of this, adamantium would be just as susceptible to proton decay as any other matter is. So, eventually, it would fall apart and turn into quarks and other tiny exotic matter.

There was also Mandalorian Iron that was quite resistant to lightsabers. I still say adamantium is stronger than even that.

Knowing this, it's unreasonable to think that a lightsaber can cut through adamantium.

msmwrt

It's not speculation when we have a metal from the Star Wars universe that is almost the equivalent of adamantium, but not quite as strong, and it resists light sabers really well.

Adamantium > mandalorian iron in durability and strength.

mandalorian iron can resist a lightsaber's hot blade.

therefore,

adamantium can resist a lightsaber's hot blade.

They seemed to resist the hot optic blast from Weapon XI, just fine. Didn't change them at all. The optic blast seems to cut through many feet of reinforced concrete, very very quickly. (Almost instantly.) That puts it on par or greater than a lightsaber's ability to cut. We see the limit of the light saber being those blast doors that were not nearly as thick as the cooling tower, and it was taking quite a bit of effort to cut through them.

use Star Wars EU, which is not contradictory to movie canon.

On top of this, if we do not, we still have the blast doors from Ep1 which are comparable to the blast doors from Wolverine Orgins. Adamantium also showed extreme resistance to heat.

That alone would be more than enough to show adamantium versus a lightsaber. Wolverine's adamantium should resist a lightsaber, no problem. In fact, it would fair better than even the EU materials that are resistance.

Indeed.

But regular blast door metal is shown resisting it.

I've covered this in vivid detail. There's no debate anymore on whether or not a lightsaber can cut through adamantium. Origins provides us with more than enough information to finally say, 100%, that it cannot. Before that, we had the EU. In cases of versus matches involving Star Wars, if something isn't known for sure, but is explained in the EU AND the EU doesn't contradict the movies, they are permissible. For example, there are metals in the EU that are not as strong as adamantium but they can resist a lightsaber, some quite well.

And for you people arguing from a technological perspective, which, by the way, is extremely illogical of you:

It is arguable that Phrik is the hardest. It is an ore where as adamantium is a specially designed alloy made with an extremely complex process that is almost impossible to recreate.

Simple ore that can be mined versus highly technologically advanced metal that is almost impossible to create.

hmm

Let's see..

Ah. Yes. Adamantium is superior, technological, to both Phrik and Mandalorian iron.

In addition, it is superior to it in durability, strength, almost completely resistant to sublimation, heat resistant, and an extremely small amount of it exists.

And for you peeps who want to bring up adamantium being punched through:

And, in the movie, they made adamantium, incorrectly so, penetrate-able by adamantium. So, real adamantium would have bounced off of itself.

Further debunking of myths around lightsabers.

In fact, it has already been shown how adamantium is resistant to an energy-heat type attacks that are superior to the "cutting" ability of a lightsaber.

A lightsaber's cutting ability comes from its extreme heat. The blade is plasma, contained in a field.

We've already seen how Adamantium works against a super heated energy, which, by the way, would have to be much hotter than a lightsaber blade in order to accopmlish what it did. It works just fine.

Can adamantium resist the temperature of a lightsaber? Check.

Was adamantium ever cut by anything superior to the cutting ability of a lightsaber, such as Weapon XI's optic blast? Nope. Not even close.

Let's put this into perspective for you lightsaber freaks.

In order for someone to even dent adamantium, they have to be an enraged Thor to even dent it.

Thor, one of the most powerful beings in the universe, a god, and someone who can lift a million million million million+ tons of weight, somehow managed to barely be able to dent Adamantium, and this remarkeably makes adamantium able to be cut by a hot plasma blade?

This is the same Thor whose punch's shockwave almost destroyed an entire planet. no expression Not even the punch itself. The shockwave.

You know, the same Thor that is a god that is nearly omnipotent, being about to destroy Captain America's shield, which is stronger than true adamantium, etc.

That's some very faulty logic.

And, to further solidify the point:

No it's not. There never was an argument even before the movies. However, since Origins, we now have better than perfect evidence that a lightsaber cannot cut through adamantium.

Just because you guys say that it can't be proven or that we don't have evidence, doesn't mean evidence doesn't exist.

No matter how many times your repeat that it's not known, it still doesn't change the fact that it is no longer debatable. Using the EU, it wasn't debatable. Now that we have Origins, it's no longer debatable for the movies.

There is no debate. A lightsaber cannot cut through true adamantium.

If you guys can debunk the already impeccable logic I've presented by proving that it can cut through adamantium, with movie canon sources, be my guest. (You can't, which is why I offered. A lightsaber cannot cut through adamantium, going by movie feats. Hell, going by movie feats, a lightsaber can barely cut through thick metal.)

And the final icing on the cake:

A lightsaber is a plasma blade. Really hot. XI's optic blast has both an immense kinetic energy and enormous heat that go with it. Both of which exceed a lightsaber. (No user can or has used a force great enough to equal the force XI's optic blast showed. Nor has a lightsaber shown to instantly vaporize 10+feet of concrete, instantly.)

Since we know what a lightsaber's cutting power is, extreme heat in a force field, we can adaquately measure against other forms of extreme heat against a lightsaber. (Yes, I'm talking heat of vaporization....physics.)

Basically, you don't have to do any thinking at all, RJ. A lightsaber cannot cut adamantium because adamantium can withstand something hotter than a lightsaber, no problem, and it can withstand a force much greater than any lightsaber wielding user could employ.

Finally, the optic blast.

However Sci Fi that optic blast is, we can still observe it's effects: namely, kinetic punch, and heat.

The blast seems to be very hot when it hits something, as evidence by the "burnt" glowing edges of everything it punches a hole through, and Wolverine's claws started to heat up.

On top of this, it is show packing a kinetic punch against all objects it hits, most specifically, Sabertooth on more than one occasion. big grin

The comic book has that optic blast being more of a kinetic punch type of energy blast. Personally, the movie version has it better.

Scott gets that blast: he's pulling it from another universe. Weird. It confuses me, but Scott is one of my fav characters, so I let weird stuff like that slide.

Again, if anyone dares say that a lightsaber can cut adamantium, they are just trolling. I suggest everyone ignore them.

P.S. You guys are aware that adamanitum can easily survive a nuclear blast? Yeah, Nuke>>>>>>>>lighsaber in heat. Heat being a lightsaber's source for cutting ability.

Rogue Jedi
crylaugh WOW, man, just WOW.

Scarlet Fox
I just noticed this one.. but isnt it down to the same thing as to wether or Not Wolverine can regenerate faster then he is cut?

and adamantium is nearly impossible to melt/destory once it has been refined and harded so a Lightsaber wont cut it... o.o

KingD19
Well, he regenerated almost instantly while Phoenix was trying to disintegrate him, so I think it's safe to say he can do so fairly fast.

WhoopeeDee
Personally for me Adamentium is just overrated.

Nth Metal is better....but it has never been feature in a film...so meh.

Darth Martin
Have to bring this one back.

How is Logan supposed to contend with one of the deadliest lightsaber combatants of the PT era? There are only a select few characters in the films that could defeat him. These are all master swordsmen. Logan has six foot long knives.

Grievous should easily block and parry all of Logans attacks. Seeing how Grievous has seemingly mastered every lightsaber form - including Soresu - how is Logan supposed to get through the General's defenses?

Let's keep in mind that the Grievous depicted in ROTS is nowhere near his Clone War self.

Impediment
Grievous kills the mutant.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.