Multi-Eternity vs IG

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

gobstakid777
who wins.are weapons and a location necessary?

Slaanesh
i think IG is nearly equal to LT..that means IG > Multi-Eternity..

Bouboumaster
Thanos pimpslap Multi-Eternity with his glove.

occultdestroyer
Multi-Eternity? O_o

Knowsbleed33
LT stated the glove makes one equal to Eternity.

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by gobstakid777
who wins.are weapons and a location necessary? um yeah location is marvel verse

IG > UN > multi-eternity so IG ftw

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
LT stated the glove makes one equal to Eternity. then how did Warlock erase Eternity with it? confused (unless LT ment multi-E)

Knowsbleed33
There's no such thing as multi-eternity.

SoulDevourer
wut
they definitly say multi-eternity on panel im sure ofit then they show like sevral eternitys one inside the other (like russan dolls or somethin lol)

Utrigita
When was this Retconned?

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/7421/multieternity16do.jpg

Either way I think the whole discussion on whether ore not the IG could beat multi eternity originates from the scan where Eternity stats that in his totality he could defeat Warlock W/IG. I personally doubt it too be true, it seemed more like a attempt from Eternity to justice his previous mentioned desire to obtain the Gauntlet for himself to make (force) LT to act against the Gauntlet, because if Eternity could take the gauntlet away himself, there would have been no need for him to get LT to vote against Warlock.

Knowsbleed33
They're referencing the fact that there's a different Eternity for each universe. There isn't literally a multi-eternity character.

King Kandy
Eternity said in his totality the IG could not affect him. Is it true? There's no way of knowing imo.

occultdestroyer
There is NO Multi-Eternity.

Eternity, in his totality (which includes Infinity), is Eternity of the 616 Universe.

Utrigita
They're referencing the fact that there's a different Eternity for each universe. There isn't literally a multi-eternity character.

"And where one Eternity would ensure a boundless Universe A multi-Eternity would ensure a boundless Multiverse"

Sounds to me like there exist a aspect that represent the multiverse. I'm not aware if/when they retconned it ore simply changed 616 Eternity to act as the prime Eternity and thus being "multi" eternity. Either Way The Wielder of the Infinity Gauntlet still wins imo.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Did we all not see Thanos with the IG and later warlock and what happened? Why is there even a question who wins

Galan007
i personally am not among those who believe thanos feats with the IG were multiversal. however, since eternity's most powerful attack did little more than destroy a single planet... the IG wins.

batdude123
Originally posted by Galan007
i personally am not among those who believe thanos feats with the IG were multiversal. however, since eternity's most powerful attack did little more than destroy a single planet... the IG wins.

SHEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.

KuRuPT Thanosi

and what about magus feats with the IG friend? You don't think that pointed to anything multiversal?

I agree with your conclusion though. We saw Eternity could do nothing to a IG user and needed the LT to pass judgment. If Eternity could've it would've imo.

Merlyn
however, since eternity's most powerful attack did little more than destroy a single planet... umm

Galan007
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
and what about magus feats with the IG friend? You don't think that pointed to anything multiversal? meh, i have an extremely hard time believing the IG is multiversal without the reality gem.

Originally posted by Merlyn
umm "and so eternity lashed out at me with ALL the righteous fury he could muster":

http://s1d4.turboimagehost.com/t/2083988_et1.jpg

Knowsbleed33
and what about magus feats with the IG friend? You don't think that pointed to anything multiversal?

When Magus merged 2 universes? That would be multi-universal. He merged the 616 reality with a pocket universe.

batdude123
When Magus merged 2 universes? That would be multi-universal. He merged the 616 reality with a pocket universe.

Semantics.

Galan007
When Magus merged 2 universes? That would be multi-universal. He merged the 616 reality with a pocket universe. he was probably talking about the UN instance

KuRuPT Thanosi

I'm not sure why you pointed that out in the first place... to give a definition of multiversal/multi-universal? So, then... please tell give me the defintion of multiveral and how that doesn't apply?

KuRuPT Thanosi
he was probably talking about the UN instance

I was talking about both instances really.

Mindset
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
There is NO Multi-Eternity.

Eternity, in his totality (which includes Infinity), is Eternity of the 616 Universe. What are you talking about?

Galan007
I'm not sure why you pointed that out in the first place... to give a definition of multiversal/multi-universal? So, then... please tell give me the defintion of multiveral and how that doesn't apply? the marvel multiverse = an infinite amount of universes, correct? so if a character only affected a mere 2 universes simultaneously, how do you justify calling that a multiversal feat? you can't, imo - the term 'multi-universal' fits a feat like that quite nicely.

now, had magus affected the entire 'infinite' multiverse simultaneously then you'd have a 'true' multiversal feat.

Mindset
Because multi means more than one eek!

Galan007
Originally posted by Mindset
Because multi means more than one eek! which is why 'multi-universal' is an excellent term for the magus feat in question. stick out tongue

Mindset
The multiverse is a multi-universe.

What say thee, knave?

Galan007
The multiverse is a multi-universe.

What say thee, knave? i say that you're just arguing for argument's sake.

Knowsbleed33
I'm not sure why you pointed that out in the first place... to give a definition of multiversal/multi-universal? So, then... please tell give me the defintion of multiveral and how that doesn't apply?

Que?

He merged 2 universes that exsist within the same multiverse i.e. multi-universal.

Mindset
i say that you're just arguing for argument's sake. Basically I'm saying that you're wrong about everything you have ever said. schmoll

h1a8
LT stated the glove makes one equal to Eternity.

Then he is a dickhead since Thanos pawned Eternity.

SoulDevourer
LT stated the glove makes one equal to Eternity. maybe he ment multi-Eternty

Knowsbleed33
no such thing.

occultdestroyer
What are you talking about?
Well, that's what Mr. Master said
tohsrug

KuRuPT Thanosi
Was their a reference to the fact that magus couldn't have effected the multiverse and not just 2 universes? Seems to me when I read it that he was ONLY trying to merge the pocket universe with the 616 and that was his only concern not trying to effect the whole multiverse. Merging two universes is a feat that could very well mean he couldn't influenced much more then that if he chose.

Also, when Thanos defeated the Cosmic heirachy in Galactus and Eternity and we know Eternity is the one with the Multiverse essentially then how was defeating Eternity kinda a multiversal feat

Survivor19
What feats does Multi-Eternity has?

Merlyn
Also, when Thanos defeated the Cosmic heirachy in Galactus and Eternity and we know Eternity is the one with the Multiverse essentially then how was defeating Eternity kinda a multiversal feat -Eternity-
"To reclaim that which is mine and myself -- Control over THIS realitY"
http://s1d4.turboimagehost.com/t/2088782_Infinity_Gauntlet_5-22.jpg

-Uatu-
"Thanos has now thoroughly usurped Eternity's rightful position as the center of all reality in THIS sphere"

"...A valiant effort to save THIS plane of existence has failed":
http://s1d4.turboimagehost.com/t/2088784_Infinity_Gauntlet_5-27.jpg

If only ONE reality/universe is mentioned several times, why assume an infinite amount of realities/universes is what was really intended to be used?

Philosophía
If only ONE reality/universe is mentioned several times, I'm not going to just assume an infinite amount of realities/universes (the multiverse) is what was really intended to be used... Regardless of the happenings in completely unrelated comics.

Stop making sock accounts, Galan.

Merlyn
Oh puhleease...

I think it's a valid point, regardless of who makes it. stick out tongue

KuRuPT Thanosi
-Eternity-
http://s1d4.turboimagehost.com/t/2088782_Infinity_Gauntlet_5-22.jpg

-Uatu-
"Thanos has now thoroughly usurped Eternity's rightful position as the center of all reality in THIS sphere"

http://s1d4.turboimagehost.com/t/2088784_Infinity_Gauntlet_5-27.jpg

If only ONE reality/universe is mentioned several times, why assume an infinite amount of realities/universes is what was really intended to be used?

The references to this ONE are made several times... However, you also agree that everything starts and begins with the 616 universe. So, if that is lets say destroyed doesn't that effect all of the multiverse. Same goes for 616 Eternity... If there is only one Eternity and Eternity was usurped in the prime 616 universe doesn't that speak towards all universes?

Mindset

Galan007
You noticed this too, huh? eek! hey now don't throw me into that group. bat

Mr Master
There is no such being as 'Multi-Eternity'

'Multi-Eternity' is the nickname Captain Universe gave Eternity's totality or All of Eternity.

There is one Eternity consciousness simultaneously shared
by the the infinite amount of aspects that make up his totality.

(proven on panel)

-Eternity-

-Uatu-

URL]

This misunderstanding has been addressed before.

Eternity 616 is one Reality,
that contains the power of basicaly all creation across the infinite prime Multiverse,
and the majority of all power in Marvel revolves around the Multiverse housing 616.

So yea, "This reality ... This sphere ... This plane"

is referring to 616 Eternity/Infinity,
the entity that "holds entire Universes past, present & future in one hand"
the entity where the "death and rebirth of ALL UniverseS" takes place
withIN his core,
a core located withIN the 616 reality. (or 616 Eternity/Infinity)

(proven on panel)

Bottomline:

Due to these undebatable facts ..
Thanos/IG defeated the full scale power of the infinite prime Multiverse,
and he did so in one move.

Not to mention an incomplete IG made the mighty UN its b*tch.

thumb up

You don't have to affect the Multiverse,
to prove your "Multiversal"
if you can curbstomp an entity that embodies all power withIN said Multiverse. yes

... *imo, the IG is all powerful across all creation, (omniverse)
only beneath powers either surpassing or rivaling the LT.

Galan007
Originally posted by Mr Master
... *imo, the IG is all powerful across all creation, (omniverse) we'll see if that's still the case after we learn a bit more about this:

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/7831/77100729.th.jpg

smile

Knowsbleed33
Gotta go with Galan here. Seems Marvel is attempting to lower the value of the IG.

h1a8
^Knowsbleed. Who is the blue guy facing the Thing in your signature and avatar? Is he more powerful than the Thing?

Knowsbleed33
It's A-Bomb and yes, I'd say he's more powerful than Thing.

Mr Master

we'll see if that's still the case after we learn a bit more about this:

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/7831/77100729.th.jpg
Love Reed's looks. smile

But yea, we'll have to wait and see what that single undefined scan means.

Looking forward to that myself actually.

Gotta go with Galan here.

Seems Marvel is attempting to lower the value of the IG.
I'm not sure Galan said that.

But that aside, those seem to be, and can only be actually,
Alternate IGs, since Reed is facing copies of himself.

It may also be though, IGs from different Timelines. (past &/or future perhaps)

That also aside, 616 IG is what rules,
we've seen other wannabe IGs, and they were all a joke in comparison.
(Universal at best)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.