Best vampire movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules_2
For me it's dusk till dawn, total kick ass movie cool And blade 2 smile

-Pr-
i doubt you can narrow it down to one. there are tons of top quality vamp movies.

For me? Fright Night, John Carpenter's Vampires, Bram Stoker's Dracula, the Breed, Innocent Blood, the Lost Boys, the Monster Squad, Nosferatu, plus all the peter cushing/chris lee stuff, and of course bela lugosi.

MildPossession
Of all the people to make a Horror topic in the wrong section, Steve!! tut tut.

Let The Right One In
Nosferatu - the original one
Martin
The Hunger
Near Dark
Night Watch
From Dusk Till Dawn

Above are some I enjoyed and ones that had an interesting take on the sub genre.

I really really want to see Thirst though, looks fantastic, from the Oldboy director.

FistOfThe North
Interview with a Vampire.

BruceSkywalker
not necessarily in this order... The Hunger, From Dusk Til Dawn, The Lost Boys, Nosferatu(Original), Bram Stoker's Dracula..

Originally posted by FistOfThe North

I liked the novel more than the movie

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Interview with a Vampire. thumb up

Darth Martin
Blade II

BigBadBundy
a lot of people had bad things to say about 30 days of night, but I was glad when it came out, it is a return to the vampire as monster, an evil creature that plans on eating you, not something that seduces you in a fae manner and then whines about being undead.

steverules_2
For me 30 days was ok....

BigBadBundy
it's not that I thought it was a "good" movie by any means, I was just glad to see a return to the animalistic vampire as opposed to the whiney aristrocrat vampires that seem to have taken over since the mid ninties.

steverules_2
Yeah they are pretty good...but what about the vampires in blade...or dusk till dawn? Those vampires feasted on that Japanese kid like a fat kid on cake

wicker_man
Nosferatu (1922),
The Lost Boys,
John Carpenter's Vampires,
Fright Night,
From Dusk Till Dawn,
Salem's Lot,
Dracula (1992),
Dracula 2001
And of course the Hammer Horror Draculas (Lee is the man!)

BigBadBundy
Those were enjoyable vampires, i only used 30 days of night as it is the most recent example of vampires that don't adhire to the pansyass clauses that most vampire movies have in their contracts.

MildPossession
There is a sequel to 30 Days of Night coming.

steverules_2
Why?

Insomniatric
I Am Legend. I think those were vampires.....

CATMANEXE
hard to call. so hard. (so very hard (so, so very, very hard))

Shadow Of The Vampire.

Kazenji
Originally posted by steverules_2
Why?

Well there are comics...........

work it out einstein.

steverules_2
Originally posted by Kazenji
Well there are comics...........

work it out einstein.

Hehhehehe bite me no expression

Kazenji
Na i don't like soylent green...

Parmaniac
Fright Night 1+2, John Carpenter's Vampires, Bram Stoker's Dracula, the Lost Boys (80s!!!!!), interview with a vampire, Dracula 2000

steverules_2
Originally posted by Kazenji
Na i don't like soylent green...

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0811/facepalm-demotivational-poster-1226799057.jpg

wink

MildPossession
It counts, better than saying it's a zombie film... as some have mentioned on the Horror section.

Kris Blaze
Let the right one in and 30 days of night are my favourites.

Allankles
Interview with the Vampire, Blade 1 and 2, Forsaken and Lost Boys, the rest were meh (maybe 30 days of night is slightly above the rest of the bunch).

Ladyluck
Pretty tough to chose just one.

From Dusk Til Dawn
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Let the Right One In
The Lost Boys

30 Days of Night was really good as well.

And Bordello of Blood laughing out loud

Ladyluck
Originally posted by Ladyluck
Pretty tough to chose just one.

From Dusk Til Dawn
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Let the Right One In
The Lost Boys

30 Days of Night was really good as well.

And Bordello of Blood laughing out loud
Forgot to mention Near Dark and Queen of the Damned.

MildPossession
Queen of the Damned!! I don't know about you, but that's on my worst films ever list... terrible. Can't believe you mentioned both films in the same sentence. stick out tongue

Ladyluck
laughing

I like it.

Impediment
QOTD is one of the very worst films I have ever seen.

My fav vamp flicks are (in no order):

Fright Night
Interview with the Vampire
Lost Boys
Innocent Blood

BackFire
Ah, Queen of the Damned. Thing barely qualifies as a movie. It's just a long, shitty, music video for stupid goth kids.

Ladyluck
Haha! Wow, maybe I should watch this movie again.

MildPossession
and maybe read the book? apparently it's good. stick out tongue

Ladyluck
laughing Ok guys, I see your point.

It's not the worst movie ever but it's really not as good as I remember it. I can definitely see why I liked it when I was 16 though. I feel like it could have been great, some of the story is quite good. Oh well. Maybe I will just read the book. I bet it's amazing.

MildPossession
If you haven't, check out the Daybreakers topic, it's a new vampire film coming out soon that might interest you. smile

Ladyluck
I checked it out. Will definitely be watching that one. yes

the ninjak
My favourites...

Nosferatu - Benchmark
Near Dark - Bar Scene
Dracula has risen from the Grave - Best Lee film from Hammer
The Hunger - Bowie
Fright Night - Just awesome
Blade 2 - Incredible fights
The Vampire Lovers - Ingrid Pitt....so hot
Mr Vampire - Hong Kong jumping vamps
Monster Squad - Drac breaking cops necks

Lord Shadow Z
Blade 1+2
John Carpenters Vampires

I would also say Lost Boys but I generally only like the final part of the film. The rest of it is fine but it finishes very strongly.

reggie383
Twilight
Twilight saga : New Moon

The Nuul
Thirst
Let The Right One In
Near Dark
The Lost Boys
30 Days of Night
Strokers Dracula
John Carpenters Vampires

Darth Martin
Blade II.

Great combination of horror and stylized action. The fight sequences are incredible. Snipes is great in the lead role and has various positive support from the costars, director, and decent writing by Goyer.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Blade II.

Great combination of horror and stylized action. The fight sequences are incredible. Snipes is great in the lead role and has various positive support from the costars, director, and decent writing by Goyer.

Blade II blew my mind....it had everything-

1. A kickass Marvel classic
2. Nosferatus scaring the crap out of everyone.
3. Insane fight scenes.
4. Ron Perlman.
5. Some of the scenes were genuinely scary.

Blade III should have had classic Drac schooling everyone. Not some yuppie prick who moved really fast.

Blue Wiccan
Lost boys the first one. The sequel the tribe failed though.

Rogue Jedi
BIG fail, dude.

markwoge
The Underworld is the best movie in the vampire kind of stuffs. In the movie Kate Beckinsale in leather with a stunning hot looking, it is hard to notice much. He was dressed in leather is a ham sandwich can eat and it still would have been entertaining. There are a few werewolves also in the movies.

Myth
Easily Bram Stoker's for me.

Rogue Jedi
Interview with the Vampire.

Myth
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Interview with the Vampire.

I watched that for the first time this Monday. I thought it was ok.

jacobhenriques

melinawaugh
Vampire movie that people of rocks in the Caribbean.. van hellsing, twilight, and blade are TERRIBLE vampire movies. These are undoubtedly the best ever. I didn't want you guys to miss it....

Myth
Just watched Chan Wook-Park's Thirst. That is certainly up there for me now, but not ahead of Bram Stoker's.

srankmissingnin
Just from the last few years - since I'm sure the classics have been listed several times:

Let the Right on in
Thirst

I also like Day Breakers personally but I'm objective enough to realise it isn't that good. lol

And while it isn't really a "vampire film" there are vampires in it, I thought I Sell the Dead was pretty great.

MildPossession
Really? I found I Sell The Dead one big bore.

DamienB
interview with the vampire

the ninjak
Nosferatu

Its simply perfect.

-Pr-
The Bram Stoker one with Gary Oldman stands out for me. Other favourites: Fright Night and John Carpenter's Vampires.

Dr Mystery
Personally I thought Let the right one in was terrible and I couldn't wait for it to end, Lost boys is not as enjoyable now as it was when I was younger. My faves off the top of my head - From dusk till dawn, Twins of evil, Near dark and Shadow of the Vampire (suppose I should include Nosferatu then).

MildPossession
Adding the remake of Let The Right One in, Let Me In. Excellent remake.

siriuswriter
Yeah, 30 Days of Night was pretty good for me. Although I kinda consider it "Horror Fluff," especially when it comes to the next two.
I was entranced by Bram Stoker's Dracula... Anthony Hopkins's performance of Van Helsing, and Gary Oldman's portrayal of "the little prince," The Count Dracull.
And of course, Interview With the Vampire. I was surprised at how good Tom Cruise was as Lestat, but then, Anne Rice was as well.

Esau Cairn
A childhood favourite would be Monster Squad.

Then as a teen growing up, Near Dark was both brutal & realistic, followed by Bram Stoker's Dracula.

AlishaWills

Bigon
Let the Right One In and even the remake dumbed down for English speaking audiences, Let Me In.

killerklowns13
bram stoker's dracula

NeoGills
Twilight-moon eclipse
best vampire movie ever i watched.

Lewis21
My most favorite Horror movies are
The Blade
Twilight

Thoren
There are a lot of vampire movies that are good, hard to say which is the best.

For me it is:
Underworld series
Bram Stokers Dracula
Blade series
Interview With the Vampire
Queen of the Damned

I would say the Twilight series, but I'm not too impressed with them. Books are way better.

Patient_Leech
Yeah...

Underworld films
Interview With The Vampire
John Carpenter's Vampires
I Am Legend
From Dusk Til Dawn
Daybreakers (anybody seen this? It's pretty epic.. cuz it has Willem Da-f#cking-foe)

Blade I and II are ok, and III is hilariously bad. There's probably some other pretty good ones I'm not thinking of at the moment... but Twilight is f#cking retarded. Not only is it a terrible "vampire/werewolf" series, but it should be stricken from the history of cinema, heh. It's a joke. laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.