Lobo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BruceSkywalker
just read this...

Why?

chomperx9
damn thats gonna be a good movie. stilll hard to believe its not gonna be rated R though

Kazenji
Blue skinned ??

his skin looks white to me.

roughrider
Well, it's not like Lobo was a Vertigo character who needed the MAX rating. His violence is cartoony; I think they can get away with a PG-13.
I think the 'blue skin' line is just a mistake by the article writer, who's never heard of Lobo and doesn't realize he has blue hair and dresses in blue, instead of blue skin.

chomperx9
Originally posted by roughrider
Well, it's not like Lobo was a Vertigo character who needed the MAX rating. His violence is cartoony; I think they can get away with a PG-13.
I think the 'blue skin' line is just a mistake by the article writer, who's never heard of Lobo and doesn't realize he has blue hair and dresses in blue, instead of blue skin. thats why writers should do more research on characters before messing things up. it takes less than 10 secs to look up a character online what they look like and what they can do.

roughrider
Originally posted by chomperx9
thats why writers should do more research on characters before messing things up. it takes less than 10 secs to look up a character online what they look like and what they can do.

Yes, they are trying to be the first one out with a scoop, these article writers, so they rush things. Where are the ones who last year were stating with certainty, that Cher was going to be cast as the next Catwoman? laughing out loud

roughrider
They might as well cast Brad Garrett, and layer him in a lot of makeup. He's 6"9, and did a great job voicing Lobo on Superman & Justice League.

~The Wickerman~
They might as well cast Brad Garrett, and layer him in a lot of makeup. He's 6"9, and did a great job voicing Lobo on Superman & Justice League.

I was just gonna say the exact same thing. thumb up

starlock
I love Lobo...but i dont like the idea of Guy Richie being on this project...PG13...well,i guess it makes sense for them to think they will make money..but i dont think he is well known enough to even make a difference.i would prefer a R rating...but what can you do?

BruceSkywalker

they could go with someone like Sam Worthington, dunno if they will though...

I hope this will be a decent origin story with good feats

The Nuul
Fail....

Kazenji
http://www.superherohype.com/news.php?id=8683

srankmissingnin
I hope when this movie bombs at the box office (like Lobo is going to play well with the average movie goer), it doesn't hurt other DC projects trying to get green lit. sad

Kazenji
http://www.comicvine.com/news/who-could-play-lobo-in-the-movie-should-he-be-cgi/139598/

SnakeEyes
Jeffrey Dean Morgan would be a fantastic choice I think.

roughrider
Originally posted by Kazenji
http://www.comicvine.com/news/who-could-play-lobo-in-the-movie-should-he-be-cgi/139598/

He's not a character that needs to be CGI. Makeup & prosthetics will do the job.
Clancy Brown as Lobo? That's an interesting rumour; he's got the voice.
He'd be up there with Brad Garrett & Ron Perlman.

Kazenji
He's not a character that needs to be CGI. Makeup & prosthetics will do the job..

Exactly. They managed to pull off the character of Hellboy with Makeup & prosthetics.

jinXed by JaNx
I like the idea of Guy Ritchie directing. He wouldn't be my first, second or even third choice but he is a good stylistic director. The expected rating doesn't bother me. Lobo was definitely violent but on a PG-13 level. Depending on the creature designs i'm sure there will be plenty of violence and cynical humor, especially if Guy Ritchie is directing.

Kazenji
Guy Ritche not be doing Lobo

http://www.comicvine.com/news/guy-ritchie-may-not-direct-lobo/140257/

DarthLazious
Rob Zombie should play this role.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.