Kain vs Ulyaoth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ScreamPaste
Kain the vampire, with-out any no-limit fallacies, against Ulyaoth, the ancient from Eternal Darkness.

This fight takes place in the city of the ancients beneath the Roivas' mansion. Ulyaoth has all powers and abilities which he would have in lore.

XanatosForever
Ulyaoth drains Kain of his magic and teleports his body into morsels for his zombie minions.

Burning thought
Show me a few feats, I dont know who this guy is but after reading the paragraph in the Urban dictionary it seems he prob has few mental resistances and apprently hes a jellyfish type thing.

XanatosForever
Why would you use the Urban dictionary instead of Wikipedia or something? erm

Ulyaoth is one of four Ancients, extra-dimensional beings with unfathomable amounts of power. Each Ancient, with the exception of one, is tied to a particular aspect.

Ulyaoth, the Ancient in play here, is a ruler of the Spirit, meaning magick. His feats include, but are not limited to:

- Summoning various minions in the forms of Trappers, Zombies, Bonetheives, Horrors, Reapers, and Lesser Guardians. For the sake of understand the implications this summoning power, Here is a link to a bestiary. I believe Ulyaoth would also be capable of summoning a greater guardian, but I will post the information on that creature at a later time.

- Draining the Spirit, or magickal energy, of his foes.

- Creating portals in space and time. He has been shown to use this ability both offensively and defensively.

I would add more to this, but it is late, and I have school in the morning. I believe my information supports my earlier statement.

Burning thought
Because Urban dictionary was the first one that appeared, after watching some vids it seems a young man with a rifle and a few magic powers conquers these entities.......is this true?

Extra dimensional, Kains destroyed enormous marine life looking entities before that are multi dimensional and possibly extra dimensional and the EG too actually ruled over life and death.

Sounds like in truth, all he is, is a summoner, nothing much to do with real power. How the hell is he going to even pose a threat to Kain?

Its likely through magic regulation Kain will dominate an entity so aligned magically.

ScreamPaste
So, who're you backing?

XanatosForever
Originally posted by Burning thought
Because Urban dictionary was the first one that appeared, after watching some vids it seems a young man with a rifle and a few magic powers conquers these entities.......is this true?

Extra dimensional, Kains destroyed enormous marine life looking entities before that are multi dimensional and possibly extra dimensional and the EG too actually ruled over life and death.

Sounds like in truth, all he is, is a summoner, nothing much to do with real power. How the hell is he going to even pose a threat to Kain?

Its likely through magic regulation Kain will dominate an entity so aligned magically.

That young man with the rifle only conquered a minion of the true entity, and it left him emotionally and spiritually scarred for the rest of his life. He never faced the true Ancient.

Ulyaoth's physical appearance is simply coincidence to whatever entities Kain has faced.

Summoning is so prevalent because of the plot of Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. Ulyaoth was preparing for his entrance into the dimension, so his influence was limited. This is not the case, though he certainly could summon minions to attack Kain if he so desired.

You mean magic regulation in Nosgoth, do you not? Kain is not on Nosgoth in this battle, and Ulyaoth controls magical energy as well, so it will not be so simple a matter as "regulating" magic for Ulyaoth.

Shin, shame on you. Why would you even have to ask that question? sneer

ScreamPaste
Cause so far no one's backing Kain. no expression

Hm, maybe I made this a little too one-sided? sad

MooCowofJustice
Kain's gotta have his no-limit fallacies.

Burning thought
Originally posted by XanatosForever
That young man with the rifle only conquered a minion of the true entity, and it left him emotionally and spiritually scarred for the rest of his life. He never faced the true Ancient.

Ulyaoth's physical appearance is simply coincidence to whatever entities Kain has faced.

Summoning is so prevalent because of the plot of Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. Ulyaoth was preparing for his entrance into the dimension, so his influence was limited. This is not the case, though he certainly could summon minions to attack Kain if he so desired.

You mean magic regulation in Nosgoth, do you not? Kain is not on Nosgoth in this battle, and Ulyaoth controls magical energy as well, so it will not be so simple a matter as "regulating" magic for Ulyaoth.

Shin, shame on you. Why would you even have to ask that question? sneer

Which makes me wonder does it have anything at all to base its power on other than speculation?

Just magical regulation "shrug" and so far ive seen nothing to base this characters power on apart from speculation and titles....

XanatosForever
BT, all the points I have presented to you are established and demonstrated feats for Ulyaoth. If it is footage you desire instead of text, then observe the following:

CxqjJldw1iI

Burning thought
Youve stated making portals and summoning, none of the things you have stated make him seem an incredible threat and neither does the video, he seems a very vague entity. And fairly slow as well according to the video. I wonder if he can even move physically as well?

XanatosForever
I forgot about this debate. My apologies. embarrasment

I have demonstrated the most prevalent feats for Ulyaoth, that does not mean he is a one-trick pony.

He is far from vague, having established lore nestled through the plot of Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. Based on his lore, there are greater shows of power, but since I do not want to delve into speculation I have focused on demonstrated abilities.

Before making any assumptions on the speed of the characters in the video, do not neglect to take into the account the sheer size of them. Both Ancients are rougly Colossal, which, when compared to smaller entities, would make movements seem lacking in speed due to sheer size.

What do you mean by move "physically"? Do you mean can be manuever himself through the physical plane of existence, or if he has appendages that allow him to "walk"?

Burning thought
Move as in, that video shows him pretty much sitting there, by move I meant can he fly, float etc?

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Burning thought
Move as in, that video shows him pretty much sitting there, by move I meant can he fly, float etc?

It's reasonable enough to assume that it can fly or teleport.

XanatosForever
Yes, he can move. The fact that in the video he does not move should not be taken as the possiblity he cannot; it is more a testament to his superiority against the Ancient Chattur'gha. He does not need to move to deal with his opponent.

ArtificialGlory
Yes, he can move. The fact that in the video he does not move should not be taken as the possiblity he cannot; it is more a testament to his superiority against the Ancient Chattur'gha. He does not need to move to deal with his opponent.

I don't think he moved when Xel'lotath was kicking his ass either.

Burning thought

As A.G stated, it may be fair enough to assume, but do you have fact that this entity can move/fly? has it teleported?

XanatosForever
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
I don't think he moved when Xel'lotath was kicking his ass either.

Poking holes in my logic, are you? You are correct, he did not move during the battle with Xel'lotath, which likely means he is not very active in terms of physical movement. He can move, however, as is displayed when he emerges from the summon spell.

ArtificialGlory
Poking holes in my logic, are you? You are correct, he did not move during the battle with Xel'lotath, which likely means he is not very active in terms of physical movement. He can move, however, as is displayed when he emerges from the summon spell.

Yeah, I guess there isn't much reason to move when you can do what Ulyaoth does.

XanatosForever
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Yeah, I guess there isn't much reason to move when you can do what Ulyaoth does.

Now you are thinking with portals. wink

ScreamPaste
How will kain stop himself from being split in two by just such a portal? 131

Burning thought
By teleporting away quickly enough to escape it. How will Ulyaoth stop his soul being torn out?

ScreamPaste
1. Won't happen.
2. Won't happen.

Ulyaoth opens a portal when Kain tries to swing the reaver, and closes it before he can get his arm out.

Burning thought
Ulyaoth is too slow, from the video it seems to have to comprehend its target as well as use its power, whch was accomanied by a little flash. The tihng seemed to take a second or so before it could make any kind of portal.

XanatosForever
Again, you are mistaking magnitude for lack of speed. Two Huge creatures engaging in combat are going to be moving fast compared to each other, but when perceived by smaller creatures they will seem to move slow due to the sheer size of said creatures.

As big a target as Ulyaoth presents, it is unlikely Kain would be able to get within combat range to use the Reaver. Beyond simply using portals to keep Kain at a distance, he can summon barriers to block the vampire's path which would drain his energy if he were to attempt to get close to it.

Burning thought
You would have to prove this is the case this time. It still does not help your argument for speed, if their fastest speed seen is according to you from the point of view of a small entity then youll have to provide evidence for your opposite argument for them being fast. And your talking physical speed, I am talking the speed it takes for the thing to create portals, no physical movement was made, merely a flash of light within it. Too slow.

How will useing portals help him at all? he will not be able to react to Kains speed, nor will he be able to create portals quickly enough to stop Kain even if he could react to him so its hardly got a chance this jellyfish. Kain could open his own shop afer his most recent dispatch of giant sea life.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.