ROTS Sidious vs Dooku, Maul and Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hewhoknowsall
1. Sabers
2. Force
3. All out

Setting: Cloud city

Plot: After the Kyp/Han/etc. team that I made earlier failed thanks to bad tactics, Dooku, Maul and Vader got tired of Sidious and decided to attack him. They both start off in cloud city. Sidious isn't aware of the treachery but does sense a disturbance in the force and has his guard up. He is guarded by 10 stormtroopers. The trio have 48 hours beforehand to prepare and have this tracker that shows them where Sidious is at all times. They don't have to engage him conventionally but may beat him in any way possible.

Lord Lucien
Which Vader?

Bah, it doesn't matter. Sidious is going to be overwhelmed here.

Hewhoknowsall
ROTJ Vader

Lord Lucien
*exasperated face accompanied by dismissing huff*

Sidious is screwed. Royally.

Hewhoknowsall
Oh.

I thought that it would at least be close, given that Sidious pwned three very renowned jedi masters in a few seconds.

Lord Lucien
Those three masters were good, but compared to Maul's mega-stamina/aggression and double blade, Dooku's perfect Makashi, and RotJ Vader's 80% of RoTJ Sidious... curbstomp.

Incanus
Whoever has the bigger cheeseburger wins

mattatom
Originally posted by Incanus
Whoever has the bigger cheeseburger wins http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Qvti2ehEQ8k/R_Cl3TbY6NI/AAAAAAAACtw/HWZpHx-dgwY/s400/16941_large.jpg
These guys?

Darth Subjekt
Yea no contest really. Despite the fact that they were going after him, Sidious still managed to catch the Jedi masters by surprise.

mattatom
Sidious will win...If he has Darth "Badass" Bandon on his side

The Ground
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
RotJ Vader's 80% of RoTJ Sidious... curbstomp.

1EvIGFARhtA

80% shit.

Incanus
Originally posted by mattatom
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Qvti2ehEQ8k/R_Cl3TbY6NI/AAAAAAAACtw/HWZpHx-dgwY/s400/16941_large.jpg
These guys? Yeah, with that thing they gonna pwn every one in Star Wars...........

Sidious just got a saber in his back while I was saying that............. I think he needs help........ He squirming on the ground and screaming like a little girl, he gave me a headache..... Ok, thats annoying *Stabs Sidious repeatedly with his own saber then keeps it and walks away, leaving him in even more pain*

Anakin4Ever
This would be close. If it was ROTS Vader, he'd be screwed in a lightsaber fight, but it if was ROTJ Vader in an all-out 4 way duel, he have a better chance, but it would still be close.

Darth Subjekt
Not really, because whatever lack of saber skills Vader now has, he more than makes up for in the force. And he's 80% of ROTJ Sidious, not RoTS.

Anakin4Ever
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
Not really, because whatever lack of saber skills Vader now has, he more than makes up for in the force. And he's 80% of ROTJ Sidious, not RoTS.

I'm not going to get into another ROTS Anakin vs. ROTJ Vader discussion, but yes, Vader is stronger in the Force than Anakin.

Hewhoknowsall
It's funny that Vader is 80% of ROTJ Sidious. What % is Galen? He's higher than Vader, since he beat Vader, right? But he was NO MATCH for the Emperor. If he were 90% or something, then he would hardly be "no match". A 10% isn't THAT big.

~:Mr.Anderson:~
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
It's funny that Vader is 80% of ROTJ Sidious. What % is Galen? He's higher than Vader, since he beat Vader, right? But he was NO MATCH for the Emperor. If he were 90% or something, then he would hardly be "no match". A 10% isn't THAT big. A>b>c doesn't work.

for instance, a falsity:
Obiwan killed maul and maul killed qui-gon. Obi wan is more powerful than quigon.

I

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by ~:Mr.Anderson:~
A>b>c doesn't work.

for instance, a falsity:
Obiwan killed maul and maul killed qui-gon. Obi wan is more powerful than quigon.

I

Obi Wan only killed Maul due to CIS; Maul was overconfident.

ABC doesn't work when A>B because A has some sort of advantage over B, but such advantage doesn't extend to C. Get it? For example:

Tank > SAM missile launcher > apache, right?

Does that mean that tank > apache?

No!

Tank > SAM because SAM missiles are designed to take down aircraft, not tanks. The advantage doesn't extend to C, because apaches aren't designed ONLY to attack aircraft. Heck, I don't even think that they're designed to attack aircraft at all. They're designed specifically to destroy tanks and provide close air support. Therefore, in this case ABC fails.

But in other cases, ABC succeeds. 9>8>7, for example.

Lord Lucien
People who try too hard to sound clever always come off as conceited (and in this case, unjustifiably so).

~:Mr.Anderson:~
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Obi Wan only killed Maul due to CIS; Maul was overconfident.

ABC doesn't work when A>B because A has some sort of advantage over B, but such advantage doesn't extend to C. Get it? For example:

Tank > SAM missile launcher > apache, right?

Does that mean that tank > apache?

No!

Tank > SAM because SAM missiles are designed to take down aircraft, not tanks. The advantage doesn't extend to C, because apaches aren't designed ONLY to attack aircraft. Heck, I don't even think that they're designed to attack aircraft at all. They're designed specifically to destroy tanks and provide close air support. Therefore, in this case ABC fails.

But in other cases, ABC succeeds. 9>8>7, for example. Don't be pedantic with me, boy. The fight between vader and marek is not simply a comparison of raw power, but also takes into account emotions, tactics, and desperation. In the same way you can say maul lost because he was surprised, marek won because he was desperate. He knew he would die, and had to fight with no thought for himself. Sun Tzu said: In order to win the victory, you must already consider yourself dead.

It does not place marek anywhere near close to 90% of sideous.

I must also point out that the quote says that vader was 80% of sideous by the time of rotj, not pre-ot.

Raptor 7789
The whole a>b>c thing can be solved simply: paper scissors rock! It's all about advantages and luck and other stuff! Anyway I say that sidious gets wasted - no way could he beat 3 sith lords.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Raptor 7789
The whole a>b>c thing can be solved simply: paper scissors rock! It's all about advantages and luck and other stuff! Anyway I say that sidious gets wasted - no way could he beat 3 sith lords.

True, but there are some times in which ABC does work. An exaggerated example:

There's a guy named Bob, who has only one feat. That feat is effortlessly Force pwning Luke, Yoda and Mace all at once with one finger.

Then a thread comes called "Bob vs Dooku", and someone says "Dooku wins I mean he has more feats!" and then someone else says "but Bob beat Luke/Yoda/Mace all at once while Dooku got tooled by Yoda!". Would it make sense for person A to say "that's ABC!"? No! It's a valid ABC.

Let's say that X < 5 and X > 3. Is X > 6? Of course not! 6 > X > 3.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.