SCIENTOLOGY ADVERTISEMENT BLITZ {which are unremoveable}

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonheartmm
{again, doesnt belong in the relegion section as its a problem of internet rights more than relegious doctrinal debate}

im sure weve all noticed the huge blitz of favourable scientology adds that are clogging up most websites and webspaces connected with google or otherswise. according to google its a multimillion dollar advertisement campaign that SCIENTOLOGY.ORG is conducting. but many people and website owners are sick of it as the adds are appearing ILLEGALY and without the allowance of the website owners. whats more, THEY CANT BE REMOVED. websites have complained to google for this but as yet have received no response.

does google or scientology have a right to do this?

discuss.

Symmetric Chaos
Well you'd have to explain exactly how web advertising works for me to say if they should be allowed.

Bardock42
Originally posted by leonheartmm
{again, doesnt belong in the relegion section as its a problem of internet rights more than relegious doctrinal debate}

im sure weve all noticed the huge blitz of favourable scientology adds that are clogging up most websites and webspaces connected with google or otherswise. according to google its a multimillion dollar advertisement campaign that SCIENTOLOGY.ORG is conducting. but many people and website owners are sick of it as the adds are appearing ILLEGALY and without the allowance of the website owners. whats more, THEY CANT BE REMOVED. websites have complained to google for this but as yet have received no response.

does google or scientology have a right to do this?

discuss. If we go by what you said, no. But I could imagine that the "ILLEGALY" is just your emphasis and it might be perfectly sound.

I'd assume they use google ad services and perhaps Google keeps the right to decide what ads they use. I'd also assume that you could remove it from your website by cancelling your google ads, no?

Bicnarok

~The Wickerman~
Having worked 3 years in online advertising I can tell you any claim by website owners that the advertisements are illegal is bullshit.

There are two types of online advertising. SEO, and PPC (pay per click). SEO (search engine optimization) has nothing to do with the subject at hand, but PPC does.

Obviously the morons who want to have higher rankings in searches don't understand how most PPC campaign providers work.

MildPossession
I've never come across a scientology advert on the internet...

I'm never bothered about advertisements on the internet anyway because I just ignore them and concentrate on what I'm doing, unless they suddenly come up as a pop up ad but those are rare.

inimalist
I thought it was odd when "diet" pills, miracle cures and dianetics started being advertised on livescience.com, but really, Scientology pays its taxes, there is no real reason why this should raise eyebrows. They are allowed to advertise like anyone else.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by inimalist
I thought it was odd when "diet" pills, miracle cures and dianetics started being advertised on livescience.com, but really, Scientology pays its taxes, there is no real reason why this should raise eyebrows. They are allowed to advertise like anyone else.

And besides Scientology is nothing, I've seen ads that claim our problems are caused by the bond angle of water molecules.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.