Depression

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Young_Angel
Hey guys. Lately, I've been feeling "under the weather". I don't know why, but... is it depression? Because, sometimes I feel that even when I come on KMC, I feel down. Any advice on what I should do?

BADGALcharlie26
The way i pick myself up is that there is always someone worse of than ones self and it's true as long as you got food on the table and a warm home a family who care for you well it makes me realise things and makes me feel a whole lot better because there is always something that wants to drag you down so pick yourself back up and be content with that, it's not easy so don't feel down angel and smile.

~Wålshy~
you should listen to motivational music that tells you to hold on

~Wålshy~
0P5jV4lHHR0

d1xJR8RTZCU

4f164ckgyRU

Mairuzu
Smoke weed

thats is all

Young_Angel
Thanks, guys. But the reason why I might be depressed is because:

1. Every time I see a couple happy together, it feels like I'm lonely, and I'll never have anyone to love.

2. I feel distant from family.

3. I'm worried if people would say things about me, like I'm weird and doesn't like me.

And no thanks, Mairuzu. I don't smoke. Sorry. smile

Mairuzu
then be a sad, depressed, and lonely bird

Sancty
I'm 7 days older than you mmm

bogen
1. Pick yourself up, get a haircut and hit the gym, get a girlfriend.
2. See your family again.
3. Wash rinse repeat, you'll stop carring eventually

the.kenzo
Originally posted by Young_Angel

1. Every time I see a couple happy together, it feels like I'm lonely, and I'll never have anyone to love.

3. I'm worried if people would say things about me, like I'm weird and doesn't like me.

1. We all get that way sometimes. Best thing to do is just put it in the back of your mind and let nature take it's course. You won't be forever lonely, just wait for the right person.

2. Pick a family member, go visit them or give them a call. Let it grow from there.

3. Don't give a shit what others think of you. Be who you are. If they don't like you, they aren't worth your time.

~The Wickerman~
You're 17. It would be strange if you DIDN'T get depressed once in a while.

BruceSkywalker
read any star wars comic book especially the new Invason series big grin

~The Wickerman~
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
read any star wars comic book

Cause if reading about Vader's loser junkie descendant doesn't make you feel better, NOTHING will thumb up

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by ~The Wickerman~
Cause if reading about Vader's loser junkie descendant doesn't make you feel better, NOTHING will thumb up

Legacy is good, but should be written better

Ahsoka Tano
It's down the road not across the street

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Mairuzu
Smoke weed

thats is all yes

gobstakid777
watched married w. children and be happy ur not al bundy

Rogue Jedi
Kelly Bundy droolio

Insomniatric
Listen to Eminem's early songs, like on The Slim Shady EP, Slim Shady LP, Marshall Mathers LP, etc. They're hilarious. Always put me in a good mood.

Or you could masturbate.

Rogue Jedi
Bewbz.

Young_Angel
Heh heh. Thanks guys. As a 17 year old girl, I shouldn't be depressed. Just live my life. Be happy and make it last.

Plus, I do love Star Wars, Legacy comics (Cade Skywalker love ), nature walking and drawing. These are the things that make me feel better.

Rogue Jedi
Star Wars headbang

WhoopeeDee
Hey guys. Lately, I've been feeling "under the weather". I don't know why, but... is it depression? Because, sometimes I feel that even when I come on KMC, I feel down. Any advice on what I should do?

The best advice I can give you is this one:

hug

Rogue Jedi
I usually pop in a comedy DVD when feeling down. Super Troopers always makes me feel better.

dadudemon

I think every teen girl goes through depression stages. I don't know one single one who didn't.

But, that loneliness you're describing. I KNOW what you're talking about. That same loneliness hit me around 21. I grew tired of the "date, dump, repeat" cycle. It seemed that all the ones worth being with were already married, or had a boyfriend/fiance. It made me depressed. But I didn't show it outwardly.

Here's the difference, though. I'm a dude. It's more culturally acceptable for a dude to ask out a dudette. Coping with this is not as easy for a lady...but you can ask a dude out, if you want. (He may just think you're a hold 'em over, type, though, because you approached him.) Just try to look good (dudes care about this a lot and it's almost 100% universal) and be yourself. Then, love will find you. Even at 17, you can be yourself. You may feel like you don't know specifically what "yourself" is, but act and speak in the way that makes you most comfortable, and that's yourself. big grin

gobstakid777
Like I said b4, Married w/ Children always helps
DXM has also calmed me down

Syren

1. You're still so young, you have a long life ahead of you and you'll have plenty of opportunities to meet someone. Plus you should enjoy the freedom you have right now, there's no need to assume that being part of a relationship should define you or make you happier.

2. I still feel distant from my family at times and I'm very close to them. We don't live near one another and I see them maybe every 3 to 4 months but I know they're on the end of the phone if I need anything. Have you tried explaining how you feel to your parents? Do you have any siblings close to your age? They may be feeling the same.

3. So what if people say things about you or don't appreciate you? There are 6 billion people in the world, not every single one of them is going to like you stick out tongue

Peach
Originally posted by BADGALcharlie26
The way i pick myself up is that there is always someone worse of than ones self and it's true as long as you got food on the table and a warm home a family who care for you well it makes me realise things and makes me feel a whole lot better because there is always something that wants to drag you down so pick yourself back up and be content with that, it's not easy so don't feel down angel and smile.

That's really rather terrible advice and is more likely to make someone feel worse than better.

wicker_man
Originally posted by Peach
That's really rather terrible advice and is more likely to make someone feel worse than better.

Then please give your advice.

I’ve just read Badgal’s post and as a former sufferer of depression I don’t see her comments as anything that would make me (personally) feel worse. She has a point, and after all she was only speaking from experience, and at the end of the day that’s probably the best advice you can give. If it weren’t for my family and friends well I’d probably be in a lot worse place and as for her sentiments on a warm home well we all have places we feel ‘laxed and comfortable in and for Badgal (like me) that was her home.
Even when I was at my absolute lowest I still felt fortunate when compared to good friends who were going through a hell of a lot worse.

wicker_man

I've just read Badgal's post and as a former sufferer of depression I don't see her comments as anything that would make me (personally) feel worse. She has a point, and after all she was only speaking from experience, and at the end of the day that's probably the best advice you can give. If it weren't for my family and friends well I'd probably be in a lot worse place and as for her sentiments on a warm home well we all have places we feel 'laxed and comfortable in and for Badgal (like me) that was her home.
Even when I was at my absolute lowest I still felt fortunate when compared to good friends who were going through a hell of a lot worse.

dadudemon
Originally posted by wicker_man

I've just read Badgal's post and as a former sufferer of depression I don't see her comments as anything that would make me (personally) feel worse. She has a point, and after all she was only speaking from experience, and at the end of the day that's probably the best advice you can give. If it weren't for my family and friends well I'd probably be in a lot worse place and as for her sentiments on a warm home well we all have places we feel 'laxed and comfortable in and for Badgal (like me) that was her home.

I think Peach was only talking about this portion:

"The way i pick myself up is that there is always someone worse of than ones self and it's true"

But, yeah, other than that portion, Badgal's post was good advice.

Dwelling on the positive is, well, positive. That's good advice.

wicker_man
Originally posted by dadudemon

"The way i pick myself up is that there is always someone worse of than ones self and it's true"

And I picked up on that statement in my post (see above). Whilst it doesn't always help matters, it does often put things into perspective...well it did for me.

~The Wickerman~

To be honest, bustin' a nut always helps me out erm

dadudemon
Originally posted by wicker_man
And I picked up on that statement in my post (see above). Whilst it doesn't always help matters, it does often put things into perspective...well it did for me.

Yeah. I didn't read all of your post, as I probably would have agreed with most of it.

I knew what Peach was getting at. And if you talked about that, you probably did too. big grin

To be honest, bustin' a nut always helps me out erm

OMG! TWWWWWO WICKERMANS!

And both of you are online at the same time. So...............you guys can't really be the same person unless one dude has two laptops right there, or something.

wicker_man
Yeah. I didn't read all of your post, as I probably would have agreed with most of it.

I knew what Peach was getting at. And if you talked about that, you probably did too. big grin

OMG! TWWWWWO WICKERMANS!

And both of you are online at the same time. So...............you guys can't really be the same person unless one dude has two laptops right there, or something.

Nope I can assure you we are completely different peeps. My name originates primarily from the Iron Maiden song of the same name, but that is based on the famous film to.

~The Wickerman~

OMG! TWWWWWO WICKERMANS!

eek!

Yqd75O7mRBE

I need to get back my stolen identityuuuh reeaoouughhh!!!!

Insomniatric
Best advice anyone could give: Masturbate.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Insomniatric
Best advice anyone could give: Masturbate. True, solves almost anything.

Sancty
As a 17 year old girl, I shouldn't be depressed.
awebrow

dadudemon
eek!

Yqd75O7mRBE

I need to get back my stolen identityuuuh reeaoouughhh!!!!

lol

Rogue Jedi
To be honest, bustin' a nut always helps me out erm Drinkin' Booty Sweat too?

~The Wickerman~
http://www.bootysweat.com/

woop

Rogue Jedi
Alpa Cino likes da pussy!!!

~The Wickerman~
z5vJzaBTGmc

g_serious

Rogue Jedi
Great flick. Part 2 is gonna BLOW.

~The Wickerman~
It'll definitely suck. And from watching the trailer I can barely even hear their accents so that's gonna be pretty weird as well.

Rogue Jedi
No Willem either.

Young_Angel
Thanks, guys. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.